Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count:

Gorrad 4 (ChaosOmega, Blackberry, farside22, Xtoxm)
Blackberry 3 (Gorrad, Twomz, Porochaz)
Xtoxm 2 (hasdgfas, armlx)

Not Voting: Iammars, konehead, Cyberbob, Monkey

13 Alive + Heat Advisory = 6 To Lynch

Day ends on or before February 13, at 2:00 AM EST.
Last edited by Glork on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Blackberry »

farside22 wrote:
Blackberry wrote:
Twomz wrote:Wait, asking someone to vote for someone that I think is scum is scummy... but LYING to get the town to lynch someone for no apparent reason isn't?
I is have reason: my gut.
Your gut was wrong the first time. :?
That was what they were talking about. They said I had no reason for lynching NIV when I did: my gut.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Blackberry wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Blackberry wrote:
Twomz wrote:Wait, asking someone to vote for someone that I think is scum is scummy... but LYING to get the town to lynch someone for no apparent reason isn't?
I is have reason: my gut.
Your gut was wrong the first time. :?
That was what they were talking about. They said I had no reason for lynching NIV when I did: my gut.
Is Gorrad soley on his hammer vote?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Twomz »

armlx wrote: Twomz: No deal. I actually believe Blackberry for the moment.
Fair enough, I plan on voting for xtoxm tomorrow anyway ;). Unless of course, something else comes up (it usually does).

PS: I am not trying to set up lynches, I am merely expressing my intention of voting as a step up from scummiest/next scummiest.

PPS: Farside, I didn't understand your post... could you word it differently?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:54 am

Post by farside22 »

Rewind:
Is BB vote against Gorrad soley based on his hammer vote?
Better?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Gorrad »

armlx wrote:
Gorrad wrote:For future reference, I'm not voting Blackberry due to any cop results whatsoever, but because he's scum.

Nice logic.....

This alone makes you next on my list of people to lynch behind Xtoxm. I can understand rediculous gambits from people trying to spice up a game they found boring (somewhat), but statements like these and Xtoxm's, where you make these statements like they are logic when they are just devoid of it are DI scummy.

Twomz: No deal. I actually believe Blackberry for the moment.
I've explained my logic of BB-scum quite nicely, as have others in the town. I'm saying it as fact due to my conviction. I could just as easily have said 'because I think he's scum', but this has more emphasis on how strongly I suspect him. Don't put me in the same group as Xtoxm, I KNOW I'm not as scummy as that.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Blackberry »

farside22 wrote:Rewind:
Is BB vote against Gorrad soley based on his hammer vote?
Better?
Hmmm, good question.

Yeah, I guess so--LOL.

To be completely honest I'm more confident Twomz is scum...

A: He voted with us for NIV, quickly.
B: He brought up Jester--and then when no one went along with it he revoted me... HUH?
C: He attempted to make a deal to get out xtoxm... WITHOUT even caring what my identity was (unless of course he already knew).

To be even more completely honest I'm extremely confused and thinking about this just gets me more confused. I believe Monkey but at the same time I would think that he would have looked up his role name to identify his insanity.

I was confident farside12 was pro-town but now I'm slightly questioning that, JUST a little, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Iammars has been really quiet and I kinda think he is scum but I like the guy and don't wanna lynch him if I'm wrong, lol.

Thinking about things more, Gorrad seems to accept the possibility I am a Jester (by talking about how if we lynch Jester then it's OK cause the game will still go on), when he doesn't in fact know if the game will go on or not if we lynched a Jester.

Maybe I'm just not in a good thinking mood right now, haha. I'm extremely confused.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by Twomz »

B: He brought up Jester--and then when no one went along with it he revoted me... HUH?
C: He attempted to make a deal to get out xtoxm... WITHOUT even caring what my identity was (unless of course he already knew).
A: It appeared as though a claimed tracker caught someone targeting the dead player. Normally, this means that the player is scum (GASP!). Of course, there is the possibility of gravediggers (always show up as targeting the dead player) and other targeting roles (which would have said that they targeted, although I should have been more doubtful that early on day one). But I suddenly logged on to Niv being dead because of a couple of players voting without thinking (or letting the town discuss anything).
If you want to call me scum for this, you have to admit that you are scummier for starting the wagon with false information

B: I revoted you when someone pointed out that Glork wouldn't put one in a 16 player game that is so involved mechanic wise. I only unvoted because it appeared as if you were actually trying to get lynched (as I said, a good indicator of being a jester).

C: What? You claimed "only vanilla townie". You know what? I don't believe you. Why? Because you have lied before and could easily be lying now. With a game this size, the likelihood of townies is low, and even given that if you could have gotten a townie or two to claim, it would have narrowed down the choices for power roles for your scum buddies. BTW, you don't know how much I wanted to fake claim townie just to see you roast. Luckily, I'm not bad enough a player that I have to fake claim to get someone lynched when I'm town (but just barely).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:50 am

Post by farside22 »

My problem is a bunch of people quicked voted for Niv. Twomz was one of the few people who explained why people were voting when I asked about it.
I don't know how this really effects thing so I have no comment here.
I didn't care for the deal he tried to make either. It sounds like he is lining up his lynches and really it should also include what happens during the night as well as anything found out before you state your order of who you want lynched. However you did lie. That is a hard thing to ignore.

Most of the poeple you named as suspects were the most talkative players. Who stated their thoughts and most I believe are against you because of your lie. I'm curious about those that are just believing you without questioning it myself. Lying low and saying sure I believe him and not much else. Those people are the ones that make me suspicious.
I saw CyberBob and Armix state that they believed BB, but not really why they believe BB. I would like to hear more from CyberBob on this because armix has been a bit more vocal in his comments.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:49 am

Post by armlx »

I believe BB for now because we have 2 ways to confirm his townieness, and one is already confirmed (that no one else is a townie). That way isn't 100% though, hardly. Hence my vote of xtoxm. He is easily the second most scummy person (if I haven't posted my reasoning on this earlier, someone please tell me and I will), maybe ahead of BB, and if he dies and is pro-town we know BB is probably pro-town. However, if he is town and BB isn't, it means most likely we have another cop (as Monkey would be paranoid) and all is good. Or BB is a godfather and we just got screwed.

Though the more I think about it, the more we have to lose on this plan. It assumes that a lot of things are exactly true, which they can tend not to be in theme games.

Unvote

I have to think.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Glork »

Mod Note: Seeking replacement for konehead, who hasn't posted in a week.

-Glork

EDIT: Bookitty replaces konehead, effective immediately.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

If you think Xtoxm is the scummiest person, then why the HECK are you unvoting him? His scumness may not relate at all to BB's scumness. As I believe I have already stated, I think that if BB is town, then Xtoxm is more likely scum defending/following a suspicious townie. If BB is scum, then Xtoxm is either a stupid scum or a townie who has very interesting thought processes.

Also, Hi and welcome Bookie :D
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by armlx »

Right, but the more I think about it the more I'm convinced they are both just idiots acting really scummy. Like I said, the more I think about it, the more we can lose on the plan of lynching one and basing the other's guiltiness on those results.

I'm going to have to do a re-read. I'll try tomorrow, though if it's not then it prolly won't be till Monday.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:40 am

Post by farside22 »

hasdgfas wrote:If you think Xtoxm is the scummiest person, then why the HECK are you unvoting him? His scumness may not relate at all to BB's scumness. As I believe I have already stated, I think that if BB is town, then Xtoxm is more likely scum defending/following a suspicious townie. If BB is scum, then Xtoxm is either a stupid scum or a townie who has very interesting thought processes.

Also, Hi and welcome Bookie :D
I will go with B on Xtoxm (most likely townie) I say this because it's hard for me to see someone fight hard for another player like he has. I've gone over and over with BB case. One valid point is that there could be one vanilla townie. It's not an easy thing to claim that in a game were there could be more then one vanilla. I think to myself this is a theme game and is vanilla townie usually in a theme game? Well that is still a big chance to take on BB's claim. So I go back to Gorrad who did a hammer based on his belief that BB was telling the truth. I doubt this. It has been my experience that most people would see what Niv had to say. Once he made it to L-2 and ChaosOmega said he wanted to hear what Niv said most people should have agree with this. Someone going for the quick lynch could have done so to make BB look bad.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Bookitty »

Hello, everyone. I'm happy to get to replace into the game.

Blackberry:

I think you're an experienced player. I'm not all that experienced, comparatively, but I can think of several power roles right off the top of my head that would not necessarily have a night action, or a night action targeting anyone. A one-shot vig is very common and wouldn't necessarily target anyone; a back-up cop is not a vanilla townie but doesn't target anyone until the cop is dead. Did you not consider these scenarios? I know you said you were acting on gut, but can you give any reasoning or evidence behind why your gut told you Niv was scum? (So far as I know, Niv always plays pretty much that way.)

If you were going to play out the same scenario, but your gut had not pointed at Niv, who would you have targetted with that question? Who would have been your most likely suspect in that case?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Bookitty - Those are valid possible no night action roles, but there are some - And I would suggest most roles are - Imaginativley thought up weather related roles.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:07 am

Post by hasdgfas »

I spy Xtoxm answering for BB again. let BB answer these questions himself.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Xtoxm »

hasdgfas wrote:I spy Xtoxm answering for BB again. let BB answer these questions himself.
My post about weather related roles has absolutley nothing to do with BB. Especially since he's claimed vanilla.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'd still prefer that Blackberry answer for himself. Thank you though :)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:14 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Xtoxm wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:I spy Xtoxm answering for BB again. let BB answer these questions himself.
My post about weather related roles has absolutley nothing to do with BB. Especially since he's claimed vanilla.
but your post still answered questions that Bookie had for BB, like I said. Just because he may or may not be vanilla doesn't mean he can't answer questions about power roles.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Bookitty wrote:I'd still prefer that Blackberry answer for himself. Thank you though :)
That wasn't answering for BB! What's wrong with you?!

How does what I said relate in any way to BB??
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Xtoxm »

hasdgfas wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
but your post still answered questions that Bookie had for BB, like I said. Just because he may or may not be vanilla doesn't mean he can't answer questions about power roles.
My post answered NONE of Book's Q's.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Porochaz »

Xtoxm wrote:Bookitty - Those are valid possible no night action roles, but there are some - And I would suggest most roles are - Imaginativley thought up weather related roles.
that looks like your answering bookie
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Porochaz wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Bookitty - Those are valid possible no night action roles, but there are some - And I would suggest most roles are - Imaginativley thought up weather related roles.
that looks like your answering bookie
Oh really? Which question?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Bookitty »

Xtoxm, your comments seem rather leading. "Weather related roles" isn't something that I asked Blackberry, true, but it might be incorporated in part of his response now due to your interjection of that idea. Your comment was directly in response to a post that wasn't to you nor about you, but was directly addressed to someone else. People answer for other people all the time, but you seem to be acting as Blackberry's press secretary, which isn't helpful in getting HIS unaided responses to questions posed.

I hope that is more clear.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”