Titus Academy: Article 1 - Town Cohesion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:09 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Mafia is ultimately a game of communication and collective problem-solving (at least from town perspective). It is hard to be simultaneously working with people while trying to decide if they're actually lying to you, but a "I'm not going to talk to you, I'm convinced you're scum and I just don't care what you or anyone has to say" attitude is just so unbelievably toxic and unpleasant to deal with (and I've seen this more than often enough unfortunately).
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #71 (isolation #1) » Wed May 03, 2017 7:49 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 16, rb wrote:
Titus wrote:Myth 5: My vote should always be on my number 1 scumread at all times.
Answer 5: No. Your vote should always be on the vote that helps town win at all times. Sometimes that's voting your number one scumread. Sometimes that's voting to end a day that your townreads really need to end. Sometimes that's policy lynching that person that's annoying everyone in the town (sorry for all the times I may have). There's a reason the role PMs say your vote is your power and policy lynches are a thing. Voting people helps indicate to them that what they are doing is anti-town to you.
don't really wanna argue much but this one is categorically wrong as far as i'm concerned. on this site where deadlines are mega-long you kind of get away with this bad play but realistically:

you should always focus on your top scumread, but with flexibility for your top scumread to change based on new information. you have one vote, and brains are inherently bad at multi-tasking (sorry women, science wins). so don't multi-task your scumhunting when it's a hard enough job to find scum in the first place for most people.

anyway i think most of the guide is mostly right, so good job
FWIW I'd disagree w this one. Especially in a larger game, if you can't get your top scumread lynch, but you can get your #2, great! If you can't get your #1 or #2, but #3 is lynchable, that's PROBABLY ok, as long as you're pretty confident in your #3 (obviously #s in a micro is a sketchier wagon to be on). There's nothing inherently wrong with lynching a legitimate scumread of yours that's lynchable, if for whatever reason your #1 preference isn't.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”