Titus Academy: Article 1 - Town Cohesion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Mon May 01, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by rb »

Titus wrote:Myth 5: My vote should always be on my number 1 scumread at all times.
Answer 5: No. Your vote should always be on the vote that helps town win at all times. Sometimes that's voting your number one scumread. Sometimes that's voting to end a day that your townreads really need to end. Sometimes that's policy lynching that person that's annoying everyone in the town (sorry for all the times I may have). There's a reason the role PMs say your vote is your power and policy lynches are a thing. Voting people helps indicate to them that what they are doing is anti-town to you.
don't really wanna argue much but this one is categorically wrong as far as i'm concerned. on this site where deadlines are mega-long you kind of get away with this bad play but realistically:

you should always focus on your top scumread, but with flexibility for your top scumread to change based on new information. you have one vote, and brains are inherently bad at multi-tasking (sorry women, science wins). so don't multi-task your scumhunting when it's a hard enough job to find scum in the first place for most people.

anyway i think most of the guide is mostly right, so good job
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon May 01, 2017 10:05 pm

Post by rb »

In post 18, nancy wrote:
In post 16, rb wrote:you should always focus on your top scumread, but with flexibility for your top scumread to change based on new information. you have one vote, and brains are inherently bad at multi-tasking (sorry women, science wins). so don't multi-task your scumhunting when it's a hard enough job to find scum in the first place for most people.
Sorry but am pretty sure this is just a case of mr man not being willing to accept that women are just better at things ;)

Also, this is really just playstyle. I would almost never focus my top scumread in games. I almost always dealt better with scumreads by seeing how they reacted to things when I wasn't openly scumreading them and was leading them into things to get the behavior that I wanted from them. I basically would consistently ignore my top scumreads in order to push other slots either looking for partners, checking my blind spots or just testing how my scumreads will treat stuff. Don't think any good comes from mandating for people the one way they should play.
hehe :p
i bet i can reverse parker better than u :^)~~~~~

i think this is still focussing on your top scumread, just in a different way - you're looking for partners and you're trying to lead them into mistakes/testing their reactions

don't get me wrong, i'm big on people playing to their personal style. i mean more like, trying to pressure more than one slot at a time or trying to push a lynch on different slots than what you're voting. in my experience it's just not as effective and people aren't doing it for a good reason (i consider your reasons good, and it's one way of playing) - it's more that they get sidetracked, and that's what i'd say you want to avoid, and why the general rule of vote your top scumread and focus your top scumread is a good way for people to play

also yeah i'm pretty direct town and so for the most part i vote where i'm pressuring/intending to lynch. i change it if i change who i want to lynch. even in RVS i'm willing to push my wagon all the way to a lynch if i see no reason to change it or they respond badly

ALSOOOO: guides like this are always for newer players or less effective players. anyone who's decent or experienced won't really need to be told how to play and 10 experienced people will have 10 different opinions. i just like to discuss this stuff :^)
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Mon May 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Post by rb »

In post 21, Accountant wrote:What does multitasking skills have to do with women?
nothing, i just like to regurgitate popular nuggets of misinformation to see if people will respond to it :^)

@gamma: dunno what a bab is aye

oh and i use 'intuition' to describe what i do all the time. dunno why it's seen as a woman thing
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Tue May 02, 2017 12:20 am

Post by rb »

oh lmao

im only baby 4 one person :^)~
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Tue May 02, 2017 12:48 am

Post by rb »

what if that's what i meant too?

edit: this seems like a really cohesive town, good job everyone
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Tue May 02, 2017 1:43 am

Post by rb »

yeah actually, if town would just never fakeclaim at all that'd be great
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (isolation #6) » Tue May 02, 2017 1:50 am

Post by rb »

never change accountant <3
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (isolation #7) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:36 am

Post by rb »

tbh if you're the kind of player who can detect when a town will actually benefit from 'anti-town' play, guides like this aren't for you. and/or you're outside of the intended audience for 'advice' really.

i think guides should teach 'the ideal' though, and players will naturally work out the in-between for themselves. the amount of players i've seen do the most absurd things as town thinking it's "good play" far outweighs the number of times i've seen a town gambit result in a town win
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #8) » Tue May 02, 2017 3:21 am

Post by rb »

i get nancy's point though, it's counter-productive to cramp the style of a
goddess
good player just for the sake of PlayingTheCorrectWay™

some paraconsistent logic for you Accountant :^)
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #9) » Tue May 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Post by rb »

Gistou was pretty bad, and town were made pretty lucky from night actions since the 2 scumteams cross-killed each other...for thinking the people they were killing were town.

Town _should_ have lost Gistou I think.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (isolation #10) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:37 am

Post by rb »

HAPPy BIRYHDAU TziTuS <3<3

Return to “Mafia Discussion”