Titus Academy: Article 1 - Town Cohesion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Post by nancy »

I like this article a lot and I feel like one of the most undervalued qualities in fellow townies in differing views. Differing views should be celebrated and not treated as an obstacle and imo the sooner people learn to be able to collaborate with others who are seeing things a different way to them the sooner Town meta on MS will start being able to hold its own.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Mon May 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 16, rb wrote:you should always focus on your top scumread, but with flexibility for your top scumread to change based on new information. you have one vote, and brains are inherently bad at multi-tasking (sorry women, science wins). so don't multi-task your scumhunting when it's a hard enough job to find scum in the first place for most people.
Sorry but am pretty sure this is just a case of mr man not being willing to accept that women are just better at things ;)

Also, this is really just playstyle. I would almost never focus my top scumread in games. I almost always dealt better with scumreads by seeing how they reacted to things when I wasn't openly scumreading them and was leading them into things to get the behavior that I wanted from them. I basically would consistently ignore my top scumreads in order to push other slots either looking for partners, checking my blind spots or just testing how my scumreads will treat stuff. Don't think any good comes from mandating for people the one way they should play.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Mon May 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 21, Accountant wrote:What does multitasking skills have to do with women?
Women are better at things -> men say women must be doing things like multitasking or intuition or (insert buzzword) -> hooray sexism -> women are still better at things.

Sorry I'm being silly but rb dodged your question so I had to answer :P
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:12 am

Post by nancy »

In post 33, Infinity 324 wrote:Although tbf nancy would extend that logic to town fakeclaiming and stuff like that, where I draw the line before that point :)
Not relevant unless your read on a slot / the gamestate is affected by a gambit or fakeclaim.

@Accountant you were in my second newbie, are you proud of me? :cop: In my last newbie I fakeclaimed VT then BP then VT again then lastly claimed Doc and if I hadn't made each of those claims then I guarantee I wouldn't have been able to lynch both scum consecutively without letting a single Town-aligned player die.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (isolation #4) » Tue May 02, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 41, Accountant wrote:I think that if a magician cast a spell on everyone compelling them not to fake claim as town, town would win more games and games would be, overall, more pleasant to play. Town would miss some wins, it's true(like nancy's newbie), but the overall win rate would increase because there's no more nonsense.
I think if Town fakeclaimed only when it was really necessary and optimal to fakeclaim that would be best. I've fakeclaimed before simply out of selfishness/boredom and that isn't something I'd do again at all. Fakeclaiming can be optimal and should happen when it is. The fakeclaim I mentioned happened because there was no other more optimal play. Town would've /maybe/ still won (even though it was only because I survived the Night with my BP claim that I was able to get the 2nd scum lynched - they were universally townread except by me and it took 100 pages to finally get people to realize that they were scum) but it would've been in LyLo rather than on Day 2.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 62, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah the problem is that unless other people follow this guide too, it's difficult to cooperate.
It's generally difficult to cooperate with people who are uncooperative, yes :P

Return to “Mafia Discussion”