Titus Academy: Article 1 - Town Cohesion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #44 (isolation #0) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

Meh.

I don't like this document.

The Town cohesion bit I do not understand flatout.

It pretty much reads "Do whatever the loudest" people want. That isn't cooperation IMHO. That is bullying dissenting voices into submission.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

That has pretty much become the standard of MS anyway.

You have to scream pull and kick to get anything even read and even more to be listened to.

I have tried lemonade numerous times and said I will vote in these X people and told I am not flexible enough when X+1 is a townread by maths.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 34, rb wrote:yeah actually, if town would just never fakeclaim at all that'd be great
Agreed.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

I have only done it once but it was with the cooperation/knowledge of the person claiming the role and in the scum PT the deception worked.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Tue May 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 49, Hikari Link wrote:
In post 44, MathBlade wrote:Meh.

I don't like this document.

The Town cohesion bit I do not understand flatout.

It pretty much reads "Do whatever the loudest" people want. That isn't cooperation IMHO. That is bullying dissenting voices into submission.
I'm honestly not sure I see how you could interpret it that way. Could you elaborate?

Player A and B are loud and claim a scumread on player C.
Player D has an unorthodox read on player E as scum.

Player A and B say "work with the town or we lynch you because A and B think E is town"
Player A and B accuse player D of not working with them because they don't want to lynch player C because they townread player C. Player A and B get hostile.

Player A and B threaten to lynch player D because they disagree saying that "They must be mad etc."

Meanwhile C is Town and then just disagrees with A and B and D whenever they get online.
A and B essentially are the "loudest voices" and if everyone else doesn't go along they get the stink eye.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #55 (isolation #5) » Tue May 02, 2017 7:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

This pretty much says sheep whoever is loudest and feels wrong.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Tue May 02, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Honestly look at Gistou or Shadowrun.

I just got in the townblock and stayed there.

Anyone who disagreed with FA was promptly lynched or ignored. I have yet to see a townblock game go well besides in memory and that I fucked up.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #60 (isolation #7) » Tue May 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 58, Hikari Link wrote:
In post 54, MathBlade wrote:Player A and B are loud and claim a scumread on player C.
Player D has an unorthodox read on player E as scum.

Player A and B say "work with the town or we lynch you because A and B think E is town"
Player A and B accuse player D of not working with them because they don't want to lynch player C because they townread player C. Player A and B get hostile.

Player A and B threaten to lynch player D because they disagree saying that "They must be mad etc."

Meanwhile C is Town and then just disagrees with A and B and D whenever they get online.
A and B essentially are the "loudest voices" and if everyone else doesn't go along they get the stink eye.
Except in the scenario you've just described, A and B are disregarding what she said on her 4th point.

The only time it would go down as you've described, assuming we were using the criteria Titus laid out, is if D is a legitimate disruption to the town and are being policy lynched, as mentioned in point 5 (which is a strategy I don't really agree with in most cases).

The solution, as I see it, is that A and B should be having a dialogue with D about all of their respective reads as they try to reach a consensus (or, at least, a better understanding of each other). Not to mention, you are leaving out the rest of the town's input. Why are A and B such powerhouses that every other member of the town must go along with them or risk being lynched/labeled incompetent? And again, if that's happening, then the town should be questioning A and B anyway, because if they are disregarding any alternative opinions, it means they are just operating in an echo chamber and probably doing a poor job of proper scumhunting.

And, I mean, we're not even discussing here whether any of the claims presented by A, B, or D have any logical merit, as well as whether the rest of the town is being swayed by any of these arguments. I realize it's just a hypothetical scenario, but it still just seems like it's a gross oversimplification.
In post 57, MathBlade wrote:Honestly look at Gistou or Shadowrun.

I just got in the townblock and stayed there.

Anyone who disagreed with FA was promptly lynched or ignored. I have yet to see a townblock game go well besides in memory and that I fucked up.
That sounds like a scenario where the group has become
too
cohesive and has succumb to groupthink. The whole point is for a plurality of opinions and an openness to different ideas in order to find the best solutions.
Maybe I am not explaining it well enough.
The merits aren't discussed or if they are they are just "No you suck." And at best a sentence or two reply that is on point and the rest is a 2-3 page rant about being a distraction because you disagree. And then I have to be louder to be heard and it starts a vicious cycle in which then people are right loudest voices take over and are dissenting.

OR I can take the insults any time I disagree and just not get a single question answered.
Take 1900 for example. I incorrectly scumread Transcend. Not a single person addressed the case on him for three days. Titus begged to vig me because I didn't see a nonexistent case. :/ Honestly if someone had tried that game instead of just "No. I don't lynch Transcend D1 ever. That game could have gone different."

Blindly sleeping because voices are loud is horrible to me and I cannot understand it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #61 (isolation #8) » Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 59, rb wrote:Gistou was pretty bad, and town were made pretty lucky from night actions since the 2 scumteams cross-killed each other...for thinking the people they were killing were town.

Town _should_ have lost Gistou I think.
Honestly I think I would have coasted were it not for me dying the only way I could :/

But it was because I used what Town gave me. :/

Like I just don't understand the points. I am trying them but to be frank I don't get them and I don't see how turning off trying makes me a better Town player.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Mafia Discussion”