Micro 706: Restrictive Mafia (Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Alright, so I'm going to start off by saying I'm allowed the 12 post restriction. With that I'll try to spread this out so I post at least once a day and I'll be doing spoilered posts on each player.

With this restriction, I think the optimal play here is for each player to always make a spoilered section on each player in the game.

The reason being with such limited amount of posting involved, associatives can be hard to find if a player only mentions a couple people.

With everyone talking about everyone, that leaves no room for the 2 scum to not talk about the other in their posts. This also means post!flip of a scum, we can associative hunt as they will have mentioned their scum butt.

Obviously I can't force compliance here but it's not hard to understand how it'd be anti-town to not give reads on each player with the limited amount of posting.

Now for RVS, I think are best bet, since we can't technically respond to each other since none of us posted yet, is to give out 2 or 3 names of people you wish to sort out, from there, we can decide a consensus of who we would all agree upon, give a reason why, and then once we all have given a reason to lynch or not to lynch a player, that is where we can start the spoiler posting on each player in the game.

As far as day start happens, there is no need to RVS-esqe it as we can make posts analyzing the day before and reporting on what we think on days before.

As of right now, the two or three people I'd like to sort are Not_Mafia, Lycan, and Edos.

Obviously if you're the second or third poster, you will be able to comment on this and we can actually start replying to each other by making your post contain analysis of the posters before you until we reach all 9 players posting.

VOTE: Not_Mafia
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:01 pm

AntiHuman, I haven't played a single game with him nor spectated.

Lycanfire, I just finished modding DBZA: Mafia Arrival to Namek, where he replaced in as scum. From what I observed there, as scum he will be posting a lot in the PT creating plans and this that or the other. As for his posting style, as a mod I didn't really much pay attention to his content but the game is easily available for me to look at. There was also a game I played with him where I was able to correctly town read his slot in a certain way. I'm not going to say what it was because I'm saving that to see how Lycan plays this game out.

Prof Hamm, I haven't played a single game with him nor spectated.

Umlaut, I've seen him in site chat :P

Not_Mafia, I've actually played two games with him, the first game was also my first game with Lycan, btw it was Spyro themed something. In that game we were actually neighbors and I didn't trust him at all but he was town. The other game I played with him was in Accounting Mafia and he was actually able to successfully lynch the last scum in MyLo.

For this very reason, I stress completely that N_M is not a useless player. Part of the reason I started out with N_M as my vote is because he is unfairly the easiest vote to put on and people can hide behind policy. The reason I'm policy testing is because last time I should have trusted my gut and caught scum after a post like this:
viewtopic.php?p=8659834#p8659834

In a micro where literally one lynch is Mylo causing, pushing policy is just scummy as shit, not sorry.

ZZZX, I haven't played a single game with him nor specated. Although he apparently remembers me but I have no idea :P

Edosurist, I've played with once in Fat Boy Mafia and he shared the link to that game. More on him later.

Socrates, honestly we never truly played together because I replaced out of the one we did but I've seen one scum game of his and one town game of his.

As for the player's post themselves this game

Spoiler: Antihuman
To put it under a lot of scrutiny, I have a love hate relationship with it.

For the first line "Hi. I have 8 posts today so unless the mod wants us to break the gmae, it's surely randomized." It confuses me as to what he's trying to get at when saying it's randomized.

As we move along in the post, my attitude towards it changes as I did like his assessment of N_M. The reason I like it will be self-explanatory when I do my bit on N_M as I share the view of N_M being likely town.

Now where things get spicy is when we delve into his segment on Edos. I'm digging it because it of two things. First off, the part where he calls Eod's read premature(which slaps me in the face to start paying attention because I'm a sucker for a townread). The second reason being is that, and I'm actually annoyed at Socrates about this, is that he correctly calls out that scum often start with strategy or mechanics talk instead of reads and what not to look like contributing.

I'll talk about Socrates annoyance thing when i get to him.

Spoiler: Lycanfire
Honestly, I dont want Lycan alive at the moment from his post 13.

viewtopic.php?p=8836103#p8836103

Take a mighty gander at that post. The dude bloody analyzes the shit out of the game and post 13 lacked anything worth a nibble.

As for his post itself, I have questions that need answered.

His only comment about N_M is that Edos was a good vote and then he called Edos' post a cuck post.

There was no analyzation or true sorting going on when discussing Edos' post. Disregarding that, there is also the inconstientcy of Lycan obviously shading/scum reading Edos' yet he doesn't vote the slot or try to push it which I find scummy in itself.

Going on further, Ulmaut rights a mini-magna carta and he only chooses to be defient and shade whomever Umlaut was voting without going into any detail as to why it was a bad vote.

Lastly what I found disgusting was another hypocritical statement when he slammed Prof Hamm by saying he would basically tunnel him if he didn't claim how many posts he could post.
Two reasons why this isn't okay is 1) It looks like an easy cop out to vote someone and then the 2) is that Lycan chooses to be unproductive by not saying who he's played with but is slandering a player for being unproductive.

Spoiler: Prof Hamm T Smiggles III
My town reads will be unconventional, get used to it if you don't already know my style.

First off, the first paragraph by Proff Hamm makes me happy for a reason; in which I personally believe a scum player seeing my post will think, okay this guy means business, I must be on my toes and fuck it lets comply because everyone else will be because that's the "townie" thing to do.

With that said, with Hamm saying she doesn't want to claim because she doesn't want scum to off the people who have the highest post counts to make their lives easier.

Obviously this is first posting but I'm only going to get concerned with Hamm if she continues to push a null lynch near the end of the day and doesn't have a scum read to push.

Now as a question I need from you, you said you voted Edos for unstated reasons. What are those reasons because lets be real, hiding details isn't that great an idea.

Spoiler: Umlaut
To first answer your question, it was quite simple for me. N_M I played accounting mafia with and I'm pretty sure I discussed my policy testing thing with N_M. Then with Lycan, my reasoning there was due to myself modding a game where he was scum. I wanted his scum game to be fresh in my mind while I try to see if he's scum this game. The last person was Edos and that was due to him being in Fat Boy Mafia and we just finished a game together.

As for your post itself, I'm diggin you suggesting that we talk about the players we had experience with so we can get meta talk out of the way quickly.

Now, it's evident I don't like policy lynching in micro's so I'm interested in WHY you would want to lynch N_M. What I dig is that it wasn't a shade post as to why you voted N_M. You brought up past games and examples of why you believed in what you did, so I can come to an understanding why you'd default to that.

Spoiler: Not_Mafia
With N_M, I like the honesty and almost puzzling tone N_M gives off in post 12. It's reading to me that he's town and he is just doing what he does normally. okay fight me for buzzwords but he says "anti-town" and not scummy. I like it because he's thinking what is making him bad town and not a scummy scummer.

Spoiler: ZZZX
I'm not going to lie, his first post sucked as it was a hi, hello how ya doing. The main thing is that it was post 15 and I'm P-sure almost everyone else has posted before he made comments. Now granted, post 17 is only two posts down and he does go into players.

However, post 17 reads weak to me. Firstly, his Anti spoiler doesn't really go into detail about his post or what he's trying to sort. Asking someone their thoughts on the game when they posted their thoughts is redudant.

His Lycan analyzation is also confusing me because it's evident Lycan is town reading him. I sincerely doubt he couldn't comprehend it so asking for clarification is another redudancy.

Moving to Hamm, barren wasteland of a spoiler, might as well not have included it.

Umlaut spoiler does nothing but say he wants to dick around till N_M makes content.

His thing on me, and this is where I hate myself for it, I like him for saying he liked my beginning post :/

Edos, the only thing of real meat in his spoilers and its a little dance, a tease to content and we'll have to wait another day before he spits out what is bothering him about Edos.

Socrates, read Hamm.

Spoiler: Edosurist
One of the reasons I think Edos was so quick to call me town was because he saw my play in Fat Boy Mafia, like literally a week ago. In that game, I could obv town easy because I made beautiful posts like so:
viewtopic.php?p=9099102#p9099102
Anyway, I almost get the feeling he made that connection to my first post and the previous game.

As for his spoilers, admittedly I'm getting tired from writing but to go into it, going under the Lycan spoiler, he is digging Lycan for what is also making me scum read Lycan.

His N_M spoiler I can rehash about what I said to Umlaut.

Funnily enough, I'm having a hard time commenting on Edo's post because we are reaching the same conclusion and we share the lynch pool of ZZZX, and Lycan xD

Spoiler: Socrates
First thing I'd like to say is to quickly discuss the thing I was talking about in the Anti part. I wished Socrates remembered Zefiend in DBZA as he started out talking about the dragon ball mechanics in the opening post and Music Box later rode the town cred to the end game.

As for his assessment of me, I think it was an overall fair assessment of me. What it does for me is make me think he doesn't know my alignment. He's waiting for further play to make judgements about me.

I do want explanation on why you voted Anti.
Add to that why Anti and umlaut are not with NM.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:50 pm

In post 24, ZZZX wrote:NM is mafia, He didn't interact with me. I am ready to waste a post to vote him.

VOTE: Not Mafia
WTF even is this? Like literally explain your logic here because I'm not following you.

I'm curious because you put him on L-1 with 6 days left and not even a full page of content on the board.

Also @Lycan I spent most of the time writing about you, you got a metric fuck ton to work with so don't give me that shit that I'm not interacting. You're willfully ignoring what I brought up instead of refuting it.

VOTE: Lycan
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 am

In post 27, Nexus wrote: Not_Mafia (3) - Edosurist, Umlaut, ZZZX
Edosurist (3) - Not_Mafia, Prof Hamm T Smiggles III, Lycanfire
Antihuman (1) - Socrates
Lycanfire (1) - TheRealGin-N-Tonic
ZZZX (1) - Antihuman
Honestly looking at (dont shoot me) the VC,

I'm looking at dueling town wagons.

Given that it's a mountainous, I don't see Edos and N_M scum team double bussing each other as mountainous is hilariously easy for scum.
What I do see is a very inactive thread and N_M and Edos being comfortable lynches for D1 to coast through.

The people I do suspect on the wagons would be Umlaut, ZZZX, Prof and Lycan. Now being honest and applying my own town reads of Umlaut and Prof, it leaves my scum reads of ZZZX and Lycan both sitting on the wagons to separate themselves from each other's lynches in case one goes down.
VOTE: ZZZX
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Tue May 02, 2017 8:41 am

Fuck it I have posts to do it and no way do I see me needing to one post per day with 6 posts left.

I moved to Lycan because that was my main scum read, like he was my number 1 compared to ZZZX had 1 vote on him and Lycan had none? so it wasn't like I started a vanity wagon on Lycan with an ZZZX wagon already being built.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #5) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:15 am

Reads if I'm dead homes:

Umlaut, Soc
Prof, NM,
Edos, Anti
Lycan
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Tue May 02, 2017 9:16 am

In post 10, Umlaut wrote:This isn't really about of his two posts today, but they do illustrate a point. Not_Mafia's meta is such that he can get away with blatantly anti-town behavior because people just say "lol, that's NM." See e.g. Open 679 linked above. His first post of the game was an immediate quickhammer on town. His second post of the game was another immediate quickhammer on town. He was briefly wagoned for this but in the end everyone just wrote it off as wacky hijinx. So he was never lynched, was not even seriously considered as a lynch candidate in lylo, and scum won a perfect victory.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Thu May 04, 2017 11:00 am

lol I quoted you talking directly about N_M meta and how he quick hammers and he bloody quickhammered. That was there so if i died, I brought up that "hey he's doing the scum meta that Umlaut said."

As for the XXXZ vote, I was switching over because of this magical thing called XXXZ being my second scum read, I didn't care that you posted literally a hot minute before me, I still was going to place my vote.

Also timing, I forgot to place down a vote and I was going to go waste a post because I forgot to place down a vote. I would save it for later.

Honestly I find it bullshit for you to scum read me for timing. IN A GAME WHERE WE CAN'T FUCKING SPORADICALLY POST.

Also, voting for me is just something I rarely do.

viewtopic.php?p=8898628&user_select%5B% ... 6#p8898628

Take a look at the shiny mod ISO, you'll see a pretty little Gin sitting in the Not Voting for like 27 vote counts.

Also, both Lycan and XXXZ are both flipped town. That means yesterday I could have still pushed Lycan without a problem. Also you're saying it's telling that I didn't vote XXXZ and I don't know why you're fabricating some story when I literally answer
In post 34, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Fuck it I have posts to do it and no way do I see me needing to one post per day with 6 posts left.

I moved to Lycan because that was my main scum read, like he was my number 1 compared to ZZZX had 1 vote on him and Lycan had none? so it wasn't like I started a vanity wagon on Lycan with an ZZZX wagon already being built.
I will say you are correct in how I was shaken by the town hammer. My reaction was a blur of "oh quick hammer..thats anti-town...quick hammer Umlaut talked about N_M, and a rush to find the quote explaining how scum!N_M quick hammered and didn't do shit."

You know the saying "life flashing before your eyes"? That's how I felt about N_M after yesterday.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #8) » Mon May 08, 2017 9:09 am

I want to lynch someone who hasn't posted at all because fuck you if you can't provide content this easily.

Also lots baby, only one I'm interested is N_M, Anti or Proff
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (isolation #9) » Wed May 10, 2017 6:27 pm

VOTE: NM

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”