Mini 1906 - It's An Owners Market Blitz (Game Over)

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:22 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 119, Prism wrote:VOTE: Tywin

Right, I have a vote I can put places.

Elect: Vecna

I'm a bit more convinced on $301 as a good betting number for town but still unsure. 16 roles and $6400 total averages out to $150 each, meaning you should be able to get several at a discount when people die, and when scum are forced to bet $501 on things like dayvig and auction detective x2.
So lemme get this straight. You think I'm scum and my scum buddies came out to purposely call me town? And you TR me before, but now you don't because others called me town? And do you think the scum team is me, Socrates, and infinite?

Lol? That's the most fabricated excuse I've ever seen. Sadly, I don't see you as scum, or I'd be on your ass hard for it. I just wonder what possibly you'd be thinking. Do you assume me, Socrates, and infinite are all bad scum players or something? What scum would attach themselves so quickly on D1 without cause? It makes no sense, so please elaborate further.

Don't make a shit statement and assume you won't get called in it. I'm calling you on it btw.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:24 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

Tbqh, I was asking why they called me town because it looks like buddying, but you went a whole new direction in voting me instead. So you'll need to explain the thought process pretty well now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

A town player who is always townread and posts a lot of content and gets killed early NEEDS to pick up commuter for 301. We should not allow scum to take this for cheap.

The only way we can make sure we are making scum pay up is by TODAY.

Place your bid of 301, 302, or 303 for commuter, JK, and tracker TODAY. TOMORROW WILL BE TOO LATE. Mod will publish the list of all the powers and their current bid.

PLACE YOUR BIDS! DO NOT DELAY!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 122, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Don't bid 301 on neigbhorizer, its not even worth bidding on. Bid 301 or 302 or 303 on tracker, JK and commuter. Especially neighborizer. Scum can't pick that up for cheap, we must make them pay.
What?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:33 am

RedCoyote did you place your bid?
Prism did you place your bid?
Infinity 324 did you place your bid?
Momo did you place your bid?
Desperado did you place your bid?
Vecna did you place your bid?
Socrates did you place your bid?
Elena Fisher did you place your bid?
Gerryoat did you place your bid?
Tywin Lannister did you place your bid?
Gamma Emerald did you place your bid?
Woodboys2339 did you place your bid?

Even if you don't WANT any of the items today, bid 301 MINIMUM on a random item in the 3 useful ones by TODAY. Tomorrow mod will post bid results. If you DON'T want that power, simply DON'T BID ANYMORE on that power. Another town player can outbid you by 1 or 2 because they really want that power.

And one more thing, if a power is useless to town, it doesn't mean its useless to scum. We are lucky today that the powers are not scum-favored. When there will be scum favored powers available to auction, WE NEED TO STILL TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM AND BID 301 ON THEM SO THAT SCUM DONT GET A FREE LUNCH.

Invalid Strategies

Do NOT think that by saving up your 500, you will be able to get the ability you want. Scum start with 800. THEY WILL OUTBID YOU. YOU WILL NOT HAVE FIRST CHOICE OVER THE POWER YOU WANT.

If no powers interest you, bid the minimum (301) on a useful power anyway. YOU WILL BE REFUNDED AT THE END OF THE DAY. You can bid what you REALLY want in future days. You will most likely NOT be the bid winner if you bid the minimum (301). So you will likely be refunded.

DO NOT BID 500 ON NEIGHBORIZER OR USELESS POWERS FOR FUCKS SAKE. It's maybe worth 100 or 200, but I really advise you to not bid on this at all if town. We will need cash later, so that scum don't outbid us day 3 or day 4 by multiple powers at a time.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:35 am

In post 129, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Another town player can outbid you by 1 or 2 because they really want that power.
They can also obviously go from 301 to 400 or 500 if they really want that power its their decision. But by the time the mod makes the bids public we should have all the useful powers at 301 minimum.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:40 am

Post by Socrates »

Albert, real quick, do you understand that these powers are all one-shot?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don't know how to bold in QuickTopic.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:43 am

In post 131, Socrates wrote:Albert, real quick, do you understand that these powers are all one-shot?
No they are not. Only today they happen to be.
Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:44 am

Post by Woodboys2339 »

In post 133, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 131, Socrates wrote:Albert, real quick, do you understand that these powers are all one-shot?

Im pretty sure he mean in general. Like at most it's 2 shot.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:46 am

In post 134, Woodboys2339 wrote:

Did you submit your bid Woodboys?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 11:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

No. All the powers are one or two shot.
<Embrace The Void>

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 12:04 pm

No. That's not the question.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Confirm vote: Gamma
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What? Then what is the point?
<Embrace The Void>

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Socrates »

That's what I meant. Any half-competent scumteam looks at a one-shot tracker and laughs. Commuter is only worthwhile in the hands of someone whom the scumteam might plausibly NK someday, and they still need to get lucky with it since the scumteam will know it's out there. Anyone else and it can only interfere with investigative roles. Neighborizor? Ha! Jailkeeper is the only role that I think the scumteam would give a shit about, since it can foil them in two different ways and they have a possible use for it themselves.

The scumteam is not going to invest a meaningful sum into any of these roles. They are going to do what Prism said: low-ball all of them to force
the town
to waste their money.

My initial instinct was that the scumteam would want to try to get their mislynch target to win an auction, but as I'm watching you post and looking at what our actual options are and I think a stronger strategy for them would be to convince the strongest players to waste their money up front, mislynch someone with full cash, simply dodge these weak-ass roles for one night, and continue NKing players with money.

A certain someone should have already gone all in on commuter if they are town, and we shouldn't fish make sure they did.

My dream scenario is that someone ELSE buys jailkeeper, I get elected Mayor and draw both the nightkill and and the jailkeep*.

I also strongly dislike you trying to push people into both bidding early and directly asking everyone if they have bid before the mid-day update. This furthers this scum-strat that I am just not contemplating, because it would give you a strong idea of who is going after what roles as scum, and thus gauge who will still have cash at the end of the day.

FURTHER, go back to our last game together and look at Zefeind's opening post, compare it to Vectna and tell WHY THE FUCK you aren't voting stringing him up and instead going after a player who was wary of your strategy?
Woodboys2339
Woodboys2339
Goon
Woodboys2339
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Woodboys2339 »

In post 135, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 134, Woodboys2339 wrote:

Did you submit your bid Woodboys?

That I did. But Socrates is making me wish I didn't.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 1:19 pm

In post 140, Socrates wrote:That's what I meant. Any half-competent scumteam looks at a one-shot tracker and laughs. Commuter is only worthwhile in the hands of someone whom the scumteam might plausibly NK someday, and they still need to get lucky with it since the scumteam will know it's out there. Anyone else and it can only interfere with investigative roles. Neighborizor? Ha! Jailkeeper is the only role that I think the scumteam would give a shit about, since it can foil them in two different ways and they have a possible use for it themselves.

The scumteam is not going to invest a meaningful sum into any of these roles. They are going to do what Prism said: low-ball all of them to force
the town
to waste their money.

My initial instinct was that the scumteam would want to try to get their mislynch target to win an auction, but as I'm watching you post and looking at what our actual options are and I think a stronger strategy for them would be to convince the strongest players to waste their money up front, mislynch someone with full cash, simply dodge these weak-ass roles for one night, and continue NKing players with money.

A certain someone should have already gone all in on commuter if they are town, and we shouldn't fish make sure they did.

My dream scenario is that someone ELSE buys jailkeeper, I get elected Mayor and draw both the nightkill and and the jailkeep*.

I also strongly dislike you trying to push people into both bidding early and directly asking everyone if they have bid before the mid-day update. This furthers this scum-strat that I am just not contemplating, because it would give you a strong idea of who is going after what roles as scum, and thus gauge who will still have cash at the end of the day.

FURTHER, go back to our last game together and look at Zefeind's opening post, compare it to Vectna and tell WHY THE FUCK you aren't voting stringing him up and instead going after a player who was wary of your strategy?
I completely disagree with your analysis from top to bottom.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by gerryoat »

okay i have time to catch up
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by gerryoat »

hey if we win a bid, is it a 1 shot role? or is in every night.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

HOLY FUCK
It's a one shot role
<Embrace The Void>

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 43, Desperado wrote:elena is probably town, don't see scum going out of their way to elect no one as mayor
lol
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 59, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 51, gerryoat wrote:i thought i didnt recieve a role pm and the game started, but i just overlooked it lol
For some reason this feels towny
easy to fake, dont tr me for it
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 66, Vecna wrote:
1. Auction Detective x 1
2. Auction Detective x 2

3. Bulletproof x 1
4. Day-Kill x 1

5. Cop x 1

6. Doctor x 1
7. Doctor x 2

8. Gravedigger x 2
9. Godfather x 1
10. Hitman x 1
11. Hitman x 2

12. Neighborizer x 2

13. Ninja x 2

14. Roleblocker x 1

15. Tracker x 2
16. Watcher x 2

Green is the stuff thatll solve this game and we want, blue is meh/mediocre and red is stuff we want to avoid ever appearing.

Whoever ends up as the auctioneer;

try to prioritize 1 auction detective for day 2, and prioritize both for day 3 & day 4

Try to prioritize the tracker & watcher spread out across all days (make scum decide early whether to deny it to us, so they have less points later on if an unfavorable vig comes along). For these it goes as well; the later in the game we get to use them, the larger their impact.

The cop is a tricky one, since if it pops up too early scum will definately steal it (but they probably will regardless). Probably best to prioritize it for day2 straight away[/quote]

dont think you should really put too much stock into buying roles, cause mafia could buy the town roles, then what do they need the mafia roles for if they take all the good town ones?
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by gerryoat »

wood person is mafia, just cause his first post seemed too forced. so i dont want tywin as mayor.

i elect
gerryoat

yes, myself. cause i dont trust any of you yet

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”