PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Skype-Vivor: Names Are Memes [MAY 26-27!]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:32 am

Post by PrivateI »

I am excited to announce my fourth Marathon game, which will take place primarily on Skype. Over the course of 48 hours, between May 26-27, we will play out a full (or half) game of Survivor.

This game is still partially in development, since there's no way to tell, as of yet, how many people will be playing, but I can tell you that there will be an exciting overarching twist, which will be revealed as soon as the game begins.

I'm sure you know how Survivor works, but be sure to check out this ruleset, and please feel free to ask any clarifying questions.

Spoiler: Rules
1. This is a game, so the primary goal is to have fun.
2. This is a game, so another goal is to win.
3. Don't be a dick. I reserve the right to kill your slot if you're making this game unpleasant for others, thus violating rule #1.
4. Don't take advantage of any unclear rules. Ask questions, and I'm always happy to provide clarifications. Cheating makes me sad, and people who make me sad get eliminated. ;)
5. Everyone comes in with a unique set of skills, and I will sometimes be unable to cater to everyone's individual needs. This is ESPECIALLY true in Skype games, where some challenges will unfortunately be dependent on Internet speed. I've done my best to mitigate some of those concerns, but please realize that it might be a factor in some challenges.
6. I make mistakes. Please let me know if I make a mistake, and I'll do my best to rectify it.
7. The outcomes of immunity or reward challenges are final.
8. Failure to vote will result in a random vote being cast, and will earn you a strike. Failure to submit for challenges requiring a submission will also garner a strike.
Three strikes, or two strikes in a row, will result in a medical evacuation.
9. Ties will be handled as follows:

a. If 2 or more players are tied in an initial Tribal Council vote, we will NOT revote. Those players not involved in the tie must unanimously decide which of the tied individuals will go home, otherwise, I will randomly draw rocks to decide who goes home. Only the Immunity Challenge winner, those who are otherwise immune, and those who were being voted for will be safe from drawing rocks.

b. If all votes cast against players are ruled not to count because of hidden items, or things of that nature, we will revote. The Immunity Challenge winner, and anyone else who was immune in the first vote, will have immunity from this revote. If a further revote results in a tie, I will follow the procedures listed above.

c. In a revote (because no valid votes were cast), items such as idols etc. WILL be able to be used. In the event that any vote ends with only one person being not immune (and no valid votes cast), the person who is not immune will be sent home with no revote. In the event that ALL players are rendered immune, one of two things will happen. If the game has reached the merge, then we will move on to the next round, and no formal elimination will occur. An additional twist, however, may accompany this occurrence. If the game has NOT reached the merge, then we will revote, and all items used up to that point will have been wasted. These items will not be refunded.

d. If a jury vote for a Final Three results in a tie, we will revote. The player who received the least votes from the jury will also vote. Only in the event of a further tie will this extra vote be revealed.

10. No screenshotting or quoting of communications between players or communications to or from the moderator will be allowed. Violating this rule, in particular, will result in the heaviest consequences I can levy, and will be brought to the Large Social Game mods for further consideration.

Please express your interest here in this thread. If you're only able to play one of the two days, let me know, and I'm open to letting you "switch out", if we find someone else in an opposite situation.

The game will probably take place from about 7 pm EST to 1 am EST each night, but the times are subject to change.

Sign-ups:

1. Xalxe
2. D3f3nd3r
3. Xofelf
4. Klick
5. Cheery Dog
6. Racefan
7. Aronis
8. BROseidon
9. McMenno
10. Maybe you??
11. Vijirada
12. Drench
13. Haschel Cedricson
14. Zulfy
15. MattP
16. Hiplop
17. pablito
18. Reck
19. Bella
20. Grimm, maybe??
21. CuddlyCaucasian
22. randomidget
23. piggygal15
24. summerinwonderland
25. mist7676
26. kdowns
27. TheBreeze

Not actively looking for 40 players, but 40 will be the hard cap.
Last edited by PrivateI on Thu May 25, 2017 11:05 am, edited 29 times in total.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:36 am

Post by PrivateI »

Additionally, please reach out to me on Skype after you sign up. My Skype handle is montywhittakeriii.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #4 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:50 am

Post by PrivateI »

It's a Friday and Saturday evening. I'm hoping to get as many people available as possible.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Added y'all to the sign-up list. Please remember to get in touch with me via Skype, just to confirm I have you in my contacts.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:46 am

Post by PrivateI »

Hello, friends.

Maybe you're reading this, and think to yourself, in dismay, "Oh dear! I'm so disappointed that I can't sign up for this wonderfully exciting Survivor game which will take place over Skype on May 26 and 27!"

I would likely think that as well, were I in your shoes. However, I am hear to deliver some excellent news.

You can still sign up!! WHOOO!
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Tue May 09, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 63, SummerInWonderland wrote:
In post 26, SummerInWonderland wrote:/in probs
am I not good enough to be on your list hmmm? :P
I don't take people w/ probs. ;)
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Thu May 11, 2017 8:42 am

Post by PrivateI »

For the sake of time, I have changed one of the rules. Please reread the rules, specifically the ones involving ties, for further details.

Additionally, I want to note that the beginning of the game will be very action-packed. Simultaneous eliminations, as well as a GAME-CHANGING (TM) twist will be happening when we start, in order to keep to a firm schedule.

I'm so excited about this game, and I hope you are too. With that said, you still are able to join this exciting marathon game if you wish.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Tue May 16, 2017 4:41 am

Post by PrivateI »

Ur wish is my command.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #83 (isolation #8) » Sun May 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Sorry to hear that, Chev. <3
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #87 (isolation #9) » Tue May 23, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Friends, I'll be sending interested players a confirmation pm in the next few days. Feel free to still sign up if you wish to! I also wanted to bring up an important rule adjustment, in rule 10. Quoted messages are hard to "fake" on Skype, meaning that people would be able to send confirmation of messages they were sent, which goes against the spirit of Survivor, necessitating this new rule. Uncertainty is everything in this game, and is something you should expect to see a lot when the game gets going. Expect the unexpected...
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #89 (isolation #10) » Tue May 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by PrivateI »

I have no problem with that, it'll just mean a late night both nights, especially Saturday.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #90 (isolation #11) » Tue May 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by PrivateI »

I'll create a survey regarding start times and send it out to all interested players tomorrow.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #96 (isolation #12) » Wed May 24, 2017 8:52 am

Post by PrivateI »

I'll do my best to balance the needs of the majority here. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Also, the secret word is whatever you want it to be.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Wed May 24, 2017 10:37 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 103, Xalxe wrote:
In post 96, PrivateI wrote:I'll do my best to balance the needs of the majority here. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Also, the secret word is whatever you want it to be.
I didn't see this post. Please excuse the desperation I put into my answer.
You are forgiven.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #107 (isolation #14) » Wed May 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by PrivateI »

I'm very happy to announce that this game was actually Survivor: Game Changers finale-themed the whole time, and I didn't even realize it.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #113 (isolation #15) » Thu May 25, 2017 4:55 am

Post by PrivateI »

Hey, guys, just a fun update, the times will be staying where they were, at 7 PM EST starting on both Friday and Saturday. The voting was split down the middle for those who favoured starting earlier than 7 or later than 7 on Saturday. On Friday, the majority was clearly in favor of starting earlier--at 7.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #116 (isolation #16) » Thu May 25, 2017 8:22 am

Post by PrivateI »

Definitely not later than midnight CST, and I'll be doing my best to accelerate things so that it's by midnight EST. Saturday, it might go a little later--we'll be finishing the game.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #119 (isolation #17) » Thu May 25, 2017 9:17 am

Post by PrivateI »

Add me on Skype, and I'll add you to the main chat where most things will happen.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #121 (isolation #18) » Thu May 25, 2017 10:34 am

Post by PrivateI »

You should probably download Skype.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #131 (isolation #19) » Thu May 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Your aunt and uncle have been signed up now, don't worry. I'll just need them to reach out to me on Skype.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #139 (isolation #20) » Fri May 26, 2017 1:31 am

Post by PrivateI »

As a side note, if you can't participate one of the two days, feel free to partner up with someone who has the opposite problem. We're playing fast and loose with the rules on hydras this game (and every single other rule).
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #140 (isolation #21) » Fri May 26, 2017 1:36 am

Post by PrivateI »

In addition, if Saturday is your problem day, I can guarantee you that there will be a bevy of dead players/specs, hopefully one of them would be willing to take your spot.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #142 (isolation #22) » Fri May 26, 2017 1:42 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 141, MattP wrote:
In post 140, PrivateI wrote:In addition, if Saturday is your problem day, I can guarantee you that there will be a bevy of dead players/specs, hopefully one of them would be willing to take your spot.
Replacing dead players back into the game seems like a Game Changing move.
FTFY
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #144 (isolation #23) » Fri May 26, 2017 1:44 am

Post by PrivateI »

To address that, I'd like people to consider other options first, but also I don't want any slots to die between days bc that's annoying.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #148 (isolation #24) » Fri May 26, 2017 3:04 am

Post by PrivateI »

Main chat has been created. If you're not there and you want to be, reach out to me, either on Skype or here. My Skype handle, again, is montywhittakeriii.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #150 (isolation #25) » Fri May 26, 2017 9:11 am

Post by PrivateI »

PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #151 (isolation #26) » Fri May 26, 2017 9:14 am

Post by PrivateI »

PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #154 (isolation #27) » Fri May 26, 2017 9:46 am

Post by PrivateI »

Plz don't forget to follow me on Twitter @prestoncoleman9 for the latest hot takes re: the Survivor: Game Changers finale. Thank you all and God bless.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #156 (isolation #28) » Fri May 26, 2017 10:28 am

Post by PrivateI »

"Just wanted to make clear upfront that the ban on quoting communications between players and players or players and mods is in place now, and will remain in place until the winner is crowned."
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #158 (isolation #29) » Fri May 26, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Ruleset Continued:

11. Each player will start with one Hidden Immunity Idol and one extra vote. These items may not be transferred. The immunity idols given at the beginning of the game may be used at any Tribal Council through the Final Five, and the extra vote may be used at any point prior to Final Tribal Council (when the jury casts their votes).
12. You may never vote for yourself.
13. Extra votes are nontransferable (they cannot be passed to other players). Hidden Immunity Idols are nontransferable. However, Hidden Immunity Idols may be played for other people, and extra votes may be cast on someone other than the person originally voted for.
14. The use of idols will generally not be revealed. I will only reveal if someone played an idol (or is otherwise secretly immune) in three circumstances, listed below.

a. If votes against someone are negated by an idol, I will reveal that an idol was used on that person.
b. If a tie occurs, and discussion is taking place before a rock draw, I will reveal the people who would be forced to draw rocks if a unanimous decision was not reached. People who have idols played on them will not be forced to participate in a rock draw.
c. If no valid votes are cast, I will reveal all people eligible to be voted for. People who have idols played on them will not be eligible to be voted for in the new vote.

15. In general, the idols and votes given to you at the beginning of the game will not be replenished. However, there WILL be opportunities to regain used idols and votes. If you have saved your idol or vote, then, if you happen to earn a replenishment, you will not be eligible to receive any advantage.
16. You may not use extra votes or idols to affect a Tribal Council you are not attending.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #160 (isolation #30) » Fri May 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Congratulations! You have won safety, if you choose to use it, at the next Tribal Council.

Here's how it works. After the first immunity challenge, you will be randomly put on one of the losing tribes.

You will attend Tribal Council with them, you will vote, and you will be eligible to be voted for.

However, you will also receive an individual immunity idol, which will only be good for one Tribal Council. You may use this idol on yourself, or you may use it on somebody else. You may also, of course, use it on no one.

Once the first Tribal Council ends, any unused individual idols will be converted to special extra votes. These extra votes may be used at any Tribal Council until the merge begins.

That's not all. Once merge hits, the extra votes will convert to a special advantage. This advantage will not be revealed publicly, and the specifics of the nature of it are subject to change.

Effectively the fewer of you remain in the game, the more valuable your advantage is worth. If none of you have been voted out, your individual advantage will be significantly less powerful than if only one of you remains.

One last note, if you are holding a special extra vote, it must be used before your standard extra vote is used.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #161 (isolation #31) » Fri May 26, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Tribe 1: OGML, summerinwonderlynd, and randomidget.
Tribe 2: MattyP, The Breeze, and Xofelf
Tribe 3: Aronis, Haschel, and Cheery Dog
Tribe 4:Drench, Kilby/Papa Zito, Pizzadudes
Tribe 5: Mist, Piggygal, Kdowns
Tribe 6: Bella/Shadow, Klick, McMenno.

Team Advantage: D3f, Racefan, MattM, Xalxe
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #162 (isolation #32) » Fri May 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Tribe 1: OGML, summerinwonderlynd, and randomidget, Xalxe
Tribe 2: MattyP, The Breeze, and Xofelf, D3f
Tribe 3: Aronis, Haschel, and Cheery Dog, Matt M
Tribe 4:Drench, Kilby/Papa Zito, Pizzadudes
Tribe 5: Mist, Piggygal, Kdowns, Racefan
Tribe 6: Bella/Shadow, Klick, McMenno.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #168 (isolation #33) » Fri May 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Tribe 1: D3f, Matt M, Piggygal, Cheery Dog
Tribe 2: Klick, Racefan, Drench, Pizza
Tribe 3: Xalxe, Bella, Kilby, Breeze
Tribe 4: Mist, MattyP, Aronis, OGML

Safety: Randomidget, McMenno
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #174 (isolation #34) » Fri May 26, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Tribe 1: Klick, Drench., OGML, TheBreeze
Tribe 2: Bella, D3f, Pizza, Racefan
Tribe 3: Xalxe, Kilby, MattyP, Aronis

Exile: Random, Matt M
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #181 (isolation #35) » Sat May 27, 2017 10:04 am

Post by PrivateI »

In a little over two hours, the merge will begin here on Skypevivor. With over 20 idols and extra votes distributed at the beginning of the game, and the possibility of a combined total of more than 20 items distributed DURING the game, this merge promises to be one of the craziest yet. Here are the players competing tonight, in no particular order:

OGML
Xalxe
MattyP
The Breeze
MattM
D3f3nd3r/CC
Aronis
Klick
Drench
Bella/Shadow
Racefan

What twists await our hardened players? Will we have Advantage-geddon here tonight? And who will claim the title of sole Survivor? Find out tonight.

Please let me know if you'd like to watch these events play out. My Skype handle is montywhittakeriii, and I look forward to seeing you all this evening.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #206 (isolation #36) » Sat May 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 195, Aronis wrote:Bella was eliminated

Players Left:
OGML
MattP
D3f3nd3r
Drench
xofelf
I need to frame this post and go back and refer to it when I need an example of underselling things.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #207 (isolation #37) » Sat May 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Please send a handwritten note thanking BPC because he's incredible and made tonight/last night happen.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #208 (isolation #38) » Sat May 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Also, if you ever are hosting something like this, and need a fun set of TIPS AND TRICKS, hmu.

Return to “Social Game Archive”