Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by Tea and Biscuits »

I'm a lot more inclined to townread A50's reaction to the lynch than yours.

-- Postie
Hydra of Postie and SuperJack
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

bah. gg town.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

is what i would say if we were scum.
we're not.
game's over, great job scum. that hammer will haunt me.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 4.LYNCH!!!
Almost Chara
(4): Empking , drealmerz7 , Commander Shepard , Shaddowez
Shaddowez
(1): Tea and Biscuits
Aristophanes
(1): Aristophanes
Tea and Biscuits
(1): Almost Chara

Not Voting
(0): Nobody!

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Day four ends Saturday, May 13th at 6:30pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-05-13 18:30:00)

Mod Notes:
That's a lynch!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

So it's Almost Chara you're all getting rid on, eh?
Well let's find out what they could possibly be!

Spoiler: Who Dat
King George II,
Vanilla Town
, was lynched D4

Yup, I spoilered it. So cruel, eh! XD
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

This means that the scumteam of
Titus
Shaddowez
, and
Empking
has emerged victorious!!!

The Monarchy is Overthrown!!!

- Jingle
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Full role list?

-- Postie
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

whoever came up with the Empking gambit (Titus?) won the game for scum.

sorry Postie. you seemed like the
only
alternative to a lynch on us so i thought there was at least a chance for a town win. maybe if we'd stayed pushing shaddowez it would have been different. Empking seemed impossible to get lynched.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Tea and Biscuits
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Tea and Biscuits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Idk it seemed like we were the only ones willing to lynch either shaddowez and Empking. Which is why I said the Infinity lynch lost us the game. :(

-- Postie
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 2547, Wraith wrote:Okay, so if we operate under the assumption that drealmerz and Prism are telling the truth, and I elect to trust my townreads on Shepard and Infinity, that means just by PoE the scum pool is pretty small:

Titus
Tea and Biscuits
Almost Chara
Empking
Shaddowez

And of those 5, it is likely 3 are scum.

I want to see what several of these players have to say about today's Mason drama since most of them have been absent throughout it. With the options narrowed to this I probably won't have a choice but to eventually join the Titus wagon today, simply because the likelihood of hitting scum among this is so high and he's arguably the scummiest of the bunch.

But the problem is that if Titus does flip town, the town is in a very serious situation, where we'll be in MyLo with at least three players have been designated as "LyLo lynches" - myself, drealmerz, and Prism.
In post 2778, Wraith wrote:I don't buy that claim for one second.

But it's actually possible for Titus to seriously be town in this scenario - this could have been a huge gambit by Empking to get us to view him as conftown when Titus flipped Town.

Think about it. If Titus is actually scum, this is a scumclaim by Empking. So if Titus doesn't get a reprieve as a result of it (extremely unlikely at this point) and flips scum, Empking is very obviously scum.

VOTE: Empking
In post 2814, Wraith wrote:FFS Empking is lying period

There is absolutely no reason for a One-Shot Cop to withhold a result. None. It won't matter if he's killed (and likely will be immediately to ensure he isn't lying about being One-Shot) and it gives Town protectives a target without forcing them to out themselves. Withholding it at all just increases the chance of you dying without relaying it at all.
In post 2822, Wraith wrote:
In post 2817, drealmerz7 wrote:well that doesn't do this game any good (:

we're trying to solve this game
Jesus Christ

In a general situation where there aren't a variety of viable targets the scum would very likely kill a One-Shot Cop claim immediately to make sure he isn't lying about his number of shots.

In this particular game I think it's very, very unlikely Empking will be nightkilled. Mostly this is because I think he's scum, but it's also because otherwise if Empking actually is town the scum know it and might keep him as very tempting mislynch bait. In such a scenario Empking has already made himself look exceptionally scummy with his claim and he would arguably look even worse if he came back with another result later on. A fakeclaim about shots would be a sensible town move but Empking's initial claim was so scummy that he's poisoned his well with WIFOM - we can't possibly trust anything he has to say at this point.
In post 2825, Wraith wrote:
In post 2824, drealmerz7 wrote:as in, as I already posed: would you find empking's claim more believable then? especially if you assume infinity's claim to be true?
No. The WIFOM-poisoned well problem still stands.

It's all tainted by the fact that a One-Shot Cop has absolutely no reason to withhold their result. That Empking did calls everything about his motives into question.
In post 2827, Wraith wrote:
In post 2826, drealmerz7 wrote:so you didn't buy his explanation at all?

you do realize that sorting WIFOM is the crux of good mafia, ya?
He didn't explain it at all. He basically said "I'd rather not have claimed at all. Also I've played Mafia a long time so my meta is a dislike of unprompted claims."

If you've been paying attention, you'll remember I
have
sorted this WIFOM - Empking is scum. But the WIFOM dooms him to die no matter what - we can't trust a single word he says anymore, and so he is a liability in a LyLo situation.

It's not merely that he withheld his claim to use it at the most strategic moment. He didn't even claim his result when Titus started receiving heavy scrutiny, he waited literally until the last possible moment to throw it out there. What if he was late? What if one of the fence-sitters had decided they were impatient and just hammered away hours or minutes before Empking could speak up? In such a scenario where Empking is telling the truth and Titus isn't a Godfather, he would have willfully allowed us to lynch a confirmed Townie while he held that card against his chest - even worse, he would have wasted his only shot simply because he didn't want to claim.

And to add to that, Empking has made little to no attempt to actively scumhunt or solve the game today. If he has insider knowledge on another player and was withholding his claim strategically, why hasn't he been pushing against people who are scumreading Titus or trying to PoE more scum? Even now he remains extraordinarily passive despite having allegedly laid all his cards on the table.

Like, it's WIFOM-y for y'all's perspective to shill myself, but contrast Empking's claim with my claim. Once I claimed and revealed my insider knowledge of the N1 goings-on, I threw myself into the discussion and started to try and PoE the scum based on those happenings. And even though you guys don't know for certain whether or not I'm truthful town here, I do - and I'm certainly taking our contrasting responses to claiming and claimed insider knowledge into account when I'm sorting Empking.

I'm literally repeating myself now. I don't know what about this is so hard for you to understand.
DON'T MIND ME, JUST LAYING OUT A PERFECT AND CORRECT PLAN FOR TOWN TO WIN THE GAME JUST BEFORE I GOT FUCKING NIGHTKILLED THAT GOT TOTALLY IGNORED
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 798, Wraith wrote:
In post 3239, drealmerz7 wrote:actually if empking were scum and tried to pull that gambit with titus, it makes absolute sense also that 1 of the ppl hopping on to empking and abandoning the titus wagon when that happened would also be scum for the ultimate "1 of us will get out of this alive with supreme towncred" ploy
In post 3341, drealmerz7 wrote:AC was also one who jumped off titus ASAP after the empking claim

T&B was conveniently distant from all of that
In post 3352, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 3349, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Titus was never not getting lynched, dreal. People were reluctant to vote because they didn't want Titus to have the opportunity to self-hammer.

-- Postie
there was a fast exodus of the titus wagon when you claimed

infinity and AC at least is who I remember jumping off fast

why do you say they were never not getting lynched? you fought for her to not get lynched
In post 2788, Almost Chara wrote:When a scumster throws themselves under the bus so blatantly it is FOR A REASON.

Titus + Empking are conf!Scum now, but WHY would EMP so desperately out himself in an attempt to save Titus FOR JUST ONE MORE NIGHT??

The obvious answer is Titus has a much stronger role. Emp may be a Goon for all I know, but Titus has something MUCH stronger. That could be anything from a Strongman, to a double-kill ability (is this a thing) to even being an Encryptor (provides scum with daychat). I could think of more roles, but the point is TITUS HAS A STRONG ROLE. That's why she goes first.

"For Titus to be scum Emp must also be scum" is true, but the inverse of it is just as true. "If Titus flips Scum them Emp is Scum" is as true as "if Emp flips Scum then Titus is Scum". They're BOTH of the same alignment.

~A50
In post 2778, Wraith wrote:I don't buy that claim for one second.

But it's actually possible for Titus to seriously be town in this scenario - this could have been a huge gambit by Empking to get us to view him as conftown when Titus flipped Town.

Think about it. If Titus is actually scum, this is a scumclaim by Empking. So if Titus doesn't get a reprieve as a result of it (extremely unlikely at this point) and flips scum, Empking is very obviously scum.

VOTE: Empking
FLIPPED TOWN
In post 2772, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't see the downside except maybe helping scum setup spec a little better.

Anyway: VOTE: empking since he has to be scum for titus to be scum.

The 1-shot part is super safe as well.
FLIPPED TOWN

Flawless fucking logic drealmerz. Just fucking flawless.

We are hitting fractal wrongness level
Also just want to highlight this fucking masterpiece of logical deduction by drealmerz.

Spoiler: Anti-Drealmerz Rant Read At Own Risk
I think his play during D4 was seriously the dumbest I've ever seen, period.

HOW DO YOU END UP IN MYLO LITERALLY SCUMREADING ALL THE TOWN PLAYERS AND TOWNREADING ALL THE SCUM PLAYERS?! TO A FUCKING MAN. HOW?!

FOR FUCK'S SAKE YOU APPROACHED MY FAKECLAIM AND SHEPARD'S CLAIM WITH INTENSE SKEPTICISM BUT UNCONDITIONALLY ACCEPTED
FUCKING EMPKING'S
? WHAT FUCKING PLANET ARE YOU ON?!

THERE IS A REASON YOU KEEP ENDING UP IN LYLO/MYLO SITUATIONS WHEN YOU'RE TOWN DREAL AND IT'S NOT YOUR WINNING PERSONALITY
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Wraith »

ME RIGHT FUCKING NOW:

Needless to say I got pretty nasty in the dead thread so read at your own risk.

BOTH FUCKING REMAINING SCUM PLAYERS HAD FEWER POSTS THAN
THE FUCKING MODERATOR
YOU GUYS FUCKING BLEW IT
Show

nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by nancy »

Good game!! T&B and AC you both played super well!! Wow!

Very sorry for getting farside modkilled. Personal apology to CK. I am glad my mistake had no other serious effects upon the game.

Wonderful game Ari!!!! Was so funny and enjoyable to spectate! (And to play while I was in there!)

Can't wait to see the full flavor list!

drealmer we shall talk in Skype!! XDXD

pedit woah woah
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3481, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Full role list?

-- Postie
Pine - Lady Jane Grey - Mafia Godfather
Tea and Biscuits - King William I - Town Motion Detector
The Wood Cutters - King James I - VT
Drealmerz7 - Queen Mary of Orange - Town Mason
Infinity 324 - King Edward V - Town Miller
Almost Chara - King George II - VT
Empking - Stephen Langton - Mafia Roleblocker
Wraith - Queen Anne - Town Doctor
Nancy - King Henry VIII - Town 3-shot Roleblocker
Börk Börk - Queen Elizabeth II - Town Compulsive Independence (fruit) Vendor
ThinkMomo - King Richard Lionheart - VT
PenguinPower - Oliver Cromwell - Mafia 1-shot Strongman
Prism - King William of Orange - Town Mason

Role PMs are here
- Jingle
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i still don't understand why shaddow was town to anyone. i was paranoid about everyone who wasn't dreal right until the end.

pedit: sorry, Wraith. i tried to call attention to how hard you were scumreading Empking but it didn't seem to matter. and my paranoia didn't help.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 3482, Almost Chara wrote:whoever came up with the Empking gambit (Titus?) won the game for scum.

sorry Postie. you seemed like the
only
alternative to a lynch on us so i thought there was at least a chance for a town win. maybe if we'd stayed pushing shaddowez it would have been different. Empking seemed impossible to get lynched.
~Chara
No, that was a fucking abominable fakeclaim and any town worth their salt saw through it
immediately

The scum won when the two confirmed or might-as-well-be-confirmed players (dreal and Shepard) lost their fucking minds and started scumreading each other rather than the extremely obvious fakeclaims.
Show

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Unless objections are made, I will release PTs in 24 hours or in (expired on 2017-05-11 21:30:00)

Hydra PTs are included, but may be kept as private places for the hydrae if requested.
- Jingle
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Empking literally coasted on that claim and i hate it.
but lynching us was the 'correct' play after that hammer, of course dreal scared of being wrong would feel justified in going there. even after our townflip he still makes a point and has a case.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 3489, Not Chara wrote:i still don't understand why shaddow was town to anyone. i was paranoid about everyone who wasn't dreal right until the end.

pedit: sorry, Wraith. i tried to call attention to how hard you were scumreading Empking but it didn't seem to matter. and my paranoia didn't help.
Yeah you'll see how much I sung your praises in the dead thread.

You had some disappointing inconsistencies but considering the amount of ridiculous pressure your were under I don't blame you.
Show

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i'm certainly disappointed with my play going into the last day, i forgot things and got worked up. it just seemed impossible to bounce back from. i could tell Almost had already accepted the loss but i didn't want to.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3487, nancy wrote:Good game!! T&B and AC you both played super well!! Wow!

Very sorry for getting farside modkilled. Personal apology to CK. I am glad my mistake had no other serious effects upon the game.

Wonderful game Ari!!!! Was so funny and enjoyable to spectate! (And to play while I was in there!)

Can't wait to see the full flavor list!

drealmer we shall talk in Skype!! XDXD

pedit woah woah
Thank you so much for playing!

And I say that to all players here!
You really did make this a fun game and I'd invite any of you to play in my games again! <3

This also reminds me to release the Dead PT since it is pretty much assumed public by those who enter and I don't think it should be kept from the players who lived (or AC :P)

Plus, you guys will need time to read it...
- Jingle
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 3488, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 3481, Tea and Biscuits wrote:Full role list?

-- Postie
Pine - Lady Jane Grey - Mafia Godfather
Tea and Biscuits - King William I - Town Motion Detector
The Wood Cutters - King James I - VT
Drealmerz7 - Queen Mary of Orange - Town Mason
Infinity 324 - King Edward V - Town Miller
Almost Chara - King George II - VT
Empking - Stephen Langton - Mafia Roleblocker
Wraith - Queen Anne - Town Doctor
Nancy - King Henry VIII - Town 3-shot Roleblocker
Börk Börk - Queen Elizabeth II - Town Compulsive Independence (fruit) Vendor
ThinkMomo - King Richard Lionheart - VT
PenguinPower - Oliver Cromwell - Mafia 1-shot Strongman
Prism - King William of Orange - Town Mason

Role PMs are here
Awesome! Reading!

Btw this setup was fucking awesome and I love the WIFOM troll XDXD
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 3494, Not Chara wrote:i'm certainly disappointed with my play going into the last day, i forgot things and got worked up. it just seemed impossible to bounce back from. i could tell Almost had already accepted the loss but i didn't want to.
It was impossible. Shepard and drealmerz went into D4 totally confbiased and unwilling to change no matter what. It was only a matter of time before mislynch and you'll see my descent into madness as I realize that in real time.
Show

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

- Jingle
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 3494, Not Chara wrote:i'm certainly disappointed with my play going into the last day, i forgot things and got worked up. it just seemed impossible to bounce back from. i could tell Almost had already accepted the loss but i didn't want to.
You've literally nothing to be disappointed in. Honestly. You lost it a bit with the T&B paranoia but under the circumstances I cannot blame you one tiny single little bit. You played great.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”