Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:38 pm

Post by kuribo »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]You are
Oprah Winfrey
. In order to win, you need to talk. And talk thou shall. You most post at least 20 sentences each day, and this game should always be the thread where you last posted. Each post must contain 20 sentences. If you don't satisfy the mod, you'll die. You win when you live[/quote]

You are
Oprah Winfrey
. You are one of the richest people in America. Every day, you must give away fabulous gifts to the other townies in order to flaunt your wealth without seeming like you're bragging.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:24 am

Post by Mirth »

Congratulations! You are
Mirth on very close to zero sleep
. You crave brains. Brains and caffiene. You are only allowed to post in incoherent babble and disappear for random periods of time due to the exhaustion-induced narcolepsy setting in. Brains taste like cheese. You like cheese. Each night the mod will randomly roll two dice and send you a number. That number is the number of hours of sleep you got. If you get less than 4 hours of sleep 3 nights in a row, you die. You win when you have slept at least 8 hours 3 days in a row.

Bastard mod note: We all know that there's no such thing as that fabled 8 hours of sleep thing. So the dice are loaded so that 6 is the absolute maximum.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Nemesis »

[quote="kuribo"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]You are
Oprah Winfrey
. In order to win, you need to talk. And talk thou shall. You most post at least 20 sentences each day, and this game should always be the thread where you last posted. Each post must contain 20 sentences. If you don't satisfy the mod, you'll die. You win when you live[/quote]

You are
Oprah Winfrey
. You are one of the richest people in America. Every day, you must give away fabulous gifts to the other townies in order to flaunt your wealth without seeming like you're bragging.[/quote]

I've seen a similar role somewhere. The gifts had to be things no normal person would actually want or be able to care for. An example would be an army of dolphins.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by Mafiaplayer »

You are the very, very Shy survivor. You will die if anyone mentions your name in the thread, or targets you with anything for any reason, even if they are roleblocked. You will also die if anyone votes for you or unvotes for you, FOSs you, or basically put's your name in print anywhere. Additionally, if you are in anyone's sig who is playing, you will die. You win if you survive to another Faction's winning.

You are the celebrity for the townsfolk. All Townsfolk know that you are townsfolk in their role PMs.

You are the Infamous person for the Mafia. All Townsfolk know that you are a Mafia.

Mod Notes:Townsfolk are tolkd that the celebrity is the Infamous person and the Infamous person is the celebrity.
Anyone who would actually play mafia sucsk
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:30 am

Post by kuribo »

You are an
Alien Shapeshifter

You are aligned with the Mafia, the town, and you are an undead serial killer. You do not have human anatomy.

If you are lynched during the day, you are revealed to be town. If you are killed at night, you are revealed to be Mafia.

Each night, you must send in the name of someone you wish to kill.

One full day phase after your death, you resurrect back to life.

Attempts to investigate you by a cop will result in the cop's death. Attempts by a doctor to protect you will result in your death--- from which you cannot resurrect. (Once the doctor finds out you're an alien, he sells your corpse to science. The doctor becomes rich and famous and leaves town forever)
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Nekka-Lucifer
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Nekka-Lucifer
Townsperson
Townsperson

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Nekka-Lucifer »

Mirth wrote:Congratulations! You are
Mirth on very close to zero sleep
. You crave brains. Brains and caffiene. You are only allowed to post in incoherent babble and disappear for random periods of time due to the exhaustion-induced narcolepsy setting in. Brains taste like cheese. You like cheese. Each night the mod will randomly roll two dice and send you a number. That number is the number of hours of sleep you got. If you get less than 4 hours of sleep 3 nights in a row, you die. You win when you have slept at least 8 hours 3 days in a row.

Bastard mod note: We all know that there's no such thing as that fabled 8 hours of sleep thing. So the dice are loaded so that 6 is the absolute maximum.
Actually, there is such thing as the 6 hour sleep thing so tbh. YOU FAILED. Anyway, it's called REM phase I think (Random Eye Movement). Something along those lines and has been proven, which leads me to question - Has brown noise been proven?
GUESS WHO'S BACK?

Not me...
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by Twomz »

kuribo wrote:You are an
Alien Shapeshifter

You are aligned with the Mafia, the town, and you are an undead serial killer. You do not have human anatomy.

If you are lynched during the day, you are revealed to be town. If you are killed at night, you are revealed to be Mafia.

Each night, you must send in the name of someone you wish to kill.

One full day phase after your death, you resurrect back to life.

Attempts to investigate you by a cop will result in the cop's death. Attempts by a doctor to protect you will result in your death--- from which you cannot resurrect. (Once the doctor finds out you're an alien, he sells your corpse to science. The doctor becomes rich and famous and leaves town forever)
...That's not a bad idea, just complicated and powerful.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Congratulations, you are
Circular Logic
. If you win, you lose and if you lose, you win.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:15 am

Post by xyzzy »

You
don't get a role for this game.

Good luck!
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

You are
A replacement
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are a
Hunter
a lyncher variant. It is your job to eliminate the player with the role prey. You do not know the name of the player that has this role. At night you may target a player. If they are prey, they will die and you will win. If they are not prey, nothing will happen. If you are targeted by any actions at night you will die. If prey is lynched and you are on the wagon, you win. If prey is lynched and you aren't on the wagon, you loose.
You are
Prey
a survivor variant. You are imune to all kills not performed by who has the Hunter role. You show up guilty to cop investigations. It takes one less vote to lynch you.
Put a Cop, a Role blocker, and two SK's in the setup and you have some fun.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Mirth »

Congratulations! You are a
Traffic Cop
. Your job is to stand around directing traffic and making sure that nobody violates any traffic laws. Each night you can do one of three things: 1) send me the name of someone that you think deserves a ticket for breaking the law, 2) send me the name of someone you want to pull over and book them for smuggling narcotics, or 3) let the little children cross the street. You win when the children can cross the street safely without your help.

Bastard mod note: This is a role for a game of Grand Theft Auto Mafia, or the like. This person has no investigative powers, despite being a cop. If they ticket a non-law-abiding citizen, that person will be told of the traffic cop's alignment and role (but the traffic cop will gain no information). The ticketed person will recieve a randomized post restriction as a result. If the traffic cop pulls someone over for drug smuggling, and that person is armed with either a gun or a knife, the traffic cop will die, and the person pulled over will get a randomized muting between 1 and 5 days. If the traffic cop picks option three and holds up the traffic to allow the brats to get to school, pending a dice roll by the mod, the traffic cop will die in a shoot out for ruining a gang's drug deal, be accused of pedophilia by an innocent in thread (and even drug dealing murderers don't like pedophiles), or be outed as a traffic cop by the mod in thread. The win condition, while viable, is unlikely, since there will be multiple mafia/gang factions, serial killers, and not that many innocent townies without powerroles. (If the game is won by townies, but not a single powerless townie is alive, then the traffic cop still loses)
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Actually, there is such thing as the 6 hour sleep thing so tbh. YOU FAILED. Anyway, it's called REM phase I think (Random Eye Movement). Something along those lines and has been proven, which leads me to question - Has brown noise been proven?
it's Rapid eye movement.

Replacement made me LOL
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:12 am

Post by Mirth »

Andycyca wrote:
it's Rapid eye movement.
yeah...about that...R.E.M. has nothing to do with amount of total sleep other than proportion of R.E.M. sleep changes if you regularly sleep less. So even if it exists (and is essential for proper memory integratin and functional humans) its existence doesnt lower the need for sleep.

(And Nekka, go tell that 6 hour myth to my body which has had less than 4 yet again. There shall be a great desire for brains and i seem to be out of spagetti)
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:36 am

Post by Cyberbob »

REM has actually been shown to be the phase of sleep we need the most.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:46 am

Post by Adele »

People who regularly get over eight hours sleep actually have shorter life expectancies than those who don't.

However, if I develop cancer (caused by a third factor) I will be sure to get lots of sleep for the same reason as my life expectancy may be truncated; correlation doesn't equal causation.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:36 am

Post by Mirth »

Cyberbob wrote:REM has actually been shown to be the phase of sleep we need the most.
Yes, but, even so not sleeping regularly, regardless of how high the percentage of REM is in a reduced sleep schedule, not sleeping enough is still not good.

Example: couple of weeks of minimal sleep patterns = physical breakdown. (Well, to be fair, a night of no sleep right before probably also had something to do with it but still.) Thus not enough sleep is bad, regardless of REM percentage. QED

(For the record, I am aware of research on severe sleep deprevation, where a guy was only allowed 3 hours a day, and that was broken up into 30 minute intervals. His functioning was fine for the more than 100 or so days it lasted, but catnaps are a completely different story)

As for more than 8 hours of sleep = cancer, well, since I'm more likely than not getting cancer anyway (genes), id very much like to die happy and not exhausted beyond belief, regardless of correlation or causation. Seeing as how I'm below my 4 hour minimum this morning, I might actually trade away part of my life expectency for a few extra minutes. Just find me ne of those life-epectency-reduction machines as seen in Cout Rougen's lair, and find me a demon willing to make the deal ^_^
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Adele »

Psycological experiments show that sleep
is
necessary to operating effectively. Sufficient lack of sleep acts as a depressor of the immune system and pulls down the resilience of the sufferer. Mice (or rats? I don't recall) who were continually prevented from going to sleep eventually reached the point where being pushed into a pool of water (the method preventing them from sleeping) gave them a heart attack and they died (hello professional ethics). So the necessity of sleep is pretty uncontroversial.

The
amount
of sleep that's needed, though, is both a point of controversy and variable between people. So the "eight hours a day to stay well" may easily be a myth.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Nemesis »

Why is Nekka being replied to seriously?

He wrote:
Actually, there is such thing as the 6 hour sleep thing
Mirth wrote:
I conclude Nekka was agreeing with your note and he forgot what he was doing halfway through his post.

Anyway Mirth, how many games do you have to mod before you can run the game you were talking about at the bottom of post 841?
-------------------

You are a role made up as an afterthought.

You could have been made up for numbers, to help someone seem like they wern't spamming or simply for the hell of it. As a result of this you arn't balanced and don't make sense. You cannot claim, fakeclaim or hint at your role because people won't believe you and you'll be mod killed. As you don't even fit into this game, you will be shown as a decultifier upon your death, despite there being no cult.

You are required to target someone each night but since you wern't given proper thought, it is unclear if it will even do anything. You win with the town.

Mod note: Targetting people will cult them, they will form a seperate cult with no knowledge of their cult leader.

Mod note #2: Also a miller.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Mirth »

Nemesis wrote: Anyway Mirth, how many games do you have to mod before you can run the game you were talking about at the bottom of post 841?
-------------------

You are a role made up as an afterthought.

You could have been made up for numbers, to help someone seem like they wern't spamming or simply for the hell of it. As a result of this you arn't balanced and don't make sense. You cannot claim, fakeclaim or hint at your role because people won't believe you and you'll be mod killed. As you don't even fit into this game, you will be shown as a decultifier upon your death, despite there being no cult.

You are required to target someone each night but since you wern't given proper thought, it is unclear if it will even do anything. You win with the town.

Mod note: Targetting people will cult them, they will form a seperate cult with no knowledge of their cult leader.

Mod note #2: Also a miller.
Er...at least 1. But it has to be a non-bastard setup. and I frankly have racked my brain and can't think of any. because my brain doesn't work like that. (what fun is it for the mod if the players have some vague clue of what they're supposed to be doing? or a large chance of winning? really? I just want to sit back and watch you all suffer through crappy roles)

I'm thinking of just writing a half assed setup or something. Something like 4 mafia, 1 sk, 1 watcher, 1 cop. Make one of the scum a forced doctor such that he has to protect townies. Dont really know about balancing games that are actually supposed to be possible to win.

As for your role, isnt that kind of like the uncharismatic cult leader in in Worst Role Ever Mafia?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by xyzzy »

You are
Newbie Scum

Your first post must be something along the lines of "I'm sorry, I need to be replaced,", and you'll be replaced by <username>, who will have joined the day before the game begins. You will continue playing with <username>, with the password <password>. You may not tell anyone about this. You win if you are lynched day one.
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Mafiaplayer »

You are the Misled Doctor.

As long as you are alive, protections won't work on townies, and Mafiamembers cannot die. You cannot be night-killed, and a unonymous vote is required to lynch you. You win with the town.
Anyone who would actually play mafia sucsk
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Glork »

You are a
Green Shirt
. You cannot be lynched, blocked, voted for, killed, or in any way hindered on Thursdays. Anybody whom you help lynch will be scum. (If they were not previously scum, than one of the living scumbags will become a neutral Survivor.) You win when people recognize your awesomeness and invoke your supreme powers each and every Thursday.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:48 pm

Post by undo »

xyzzy wrote:You are
Newbie Scum

Your first post must be something along the lines of "I'm sorry, I need to be replaced,", and you'll be replaced by <username>, who will have joined the day before the game begins. You will continue playing with <username>, with the password <password>. You may not tell anyone about this. You win if you are lynched day one.
I like this one.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:59 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Mirth wrote: Er...at least 1. But it has to be a non-bastard setup. and I frankly have racked my brain and can't think of any. because my brain doesn't work like that. (what fun is it for the mod if the players have some vague clue of what they're supposed to be doing? or a large chance of winning? really? I just want to sit back and watch you all suffer through crappy roles)

I'm thinking of just writing a half assed setup or something. Something like 4 mafia, 1 sk, 1 watcher, 1 cop. Make one of the scum a forced doctor such that he has to protect townies. Dont really know about balancing games that are actually supposed to be possible to win.

As for your role, isnt that kind of like the uncharismatic cult leader in in Worst Role Ever Mafia?
LOL. I feel for you.

I didn't notice. I'm sure I don't read bastard games enough, I've forgotten the role and my search isn't working so I can't see the likeness. But I'm unsure whether or not to take it as a compliment. On one hand, it was a bad enough role to make it into a worst role ever game... On the other hand, it was good enough to make it into a game.

Edit: Wow, there's a wiki page on Worst Roles Ever and Hypnotist does sound like the cult leader I made...

Oh and there's a link to the thread in the OP.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”