Mini 1906 - It's An Owners Market Blitz (Game Over)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (isolation #0) » Thu May 04, 2017 3:02 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Hello, everyone.

I haven't gotten a chance to really look over the game. I'm about to head out on work stuff. I'm glad we've started though. I'll be sure to check in this evening.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (isolation #1) » Thu May 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Quick question. I don't know if this has been addressed or not but I didn't immediately see it in the rules post. If someone doesn't win a power, do they or don't they receive the money back that they bid on the power?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (isolation #2) » Thu May 04, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 18, Elena Fisher wrote:. I feel like scum would barely go for their "scum only" picks and hope we just waste our money on those picks. Plus the scum only powers aren't the strongest until it gets way later in the game, For now, that doesn't seem like a big issue. I suggest we never bring the day kill into the auction if we can plus I don't know if we're gonna get enough reads to get someone we solidly agree to elect plus let's say that person is evil and brings in some scum roles it's really a huge game of wifom on if they did it or it was just bad luck I suggest we Elect no one and wait a bit
I do agree that the day kill is probably not a great power to bring to the market. It's almost assuredly a negative because the scum probably want that more than almost anything else.

---
In post 20, Prism wrote:Depending on result of day I have a bit more to discuss theory wise but it's going to wait for now.
I tend to agree with this. We don't want to double our work, but there's only so far we can get with this.

My kneejerk strategy is that two people announce they're picking a power to bid on and no one else but those two should bid. If someone besides those two has the power, then they get flagged for lynching. I don't know if this is feasible or not; this is just the immediate thought I had about the mechanic.
In post 24, Prism wrote:To more succinctly summarize what my issue with Albert's strategy is: Town is overpaying because of other town, rather than because of scum, for roles that have less utility. This would be us accomplishing scum's goal for them and eliminating the risk that they overpay instead of us.
I think I agree with this, too. I'm liking Prism so far.

---
In post 32, Tywin Lannister wrote:Works for anything really. If it's over $500, that's scum.
I see what you're getting at. Is this what ABR was saying, too? That as long as someone bids 301 on ever power that anyone who gets a power is scum? Obviously that would only work for D1 though.

---
In post 43, Desperado wrote:elena is probably town, don't see scum going out of their way to elect no one as mayor
Disagree, but I don't get scum vibes from it either.
In post 38, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: gamma
In post 39, Gamma Emerald wrote:What's the vote for?
In post 42, Gamma Emerald wrote:I've been away a while so I'm still getting back into the swing of things
In post 43, Desperado wrote:
vote: gamma emerald
In post 44, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why the vote?
In post 46, Woodboys2339 wrote:UNVOTE: Gamma it seems RVS is over
Something really icky about this whole exchange. I don't like Gamma or Wood here.

---
In post 57, Woodboys2339 wrote:Could you reword what you mean
Why were you still posting here? You just said you were tired and couldn't form reads. Why not go to bed?

---
In post 59, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 51, gerryoat wrote:i thought i didnt recieve a role pm and the game started, but i just overlooked it lol
For some reason this feels towny
Thanks for pointing this out. This is a good point.

---

I love Vecna's and .

I also like Socrates' .

---
In post 102, Socrates wrote:
In post 51, gerryoat wrote:i thought i didnt recieve a role pm and the game started, but i just overlooked it lol
I have never seen this kind of statement turn out to be a lie. NAI in truth, because scum can miss PM's just as easily as town, but if he is scum, his buddies are probably annoyed at him.
You could WIFOM something like that until you were blue in the face. Go with what your gut says about it. I don't think it's NAI, and it will color my read of him for the remainder of the game.

---
In post 105, Gamma Emerald wrote:ABR's plan can easily be subverted by scum, especially since none of the abilities up for this day are of much use to them. I think there's a chance he could be setting up town to spend a lot on all the weaker powers so the scum can scoop up the stronger ones.
I'm not a fan of Elena electing No One. It feels like an empty stance to take.
I like this post. This is a well reasoned response whether or not you agree with Gamma.

---
In post 113, momo wrote:I like your response Socrates and am actually going to elect: Socrates
That was a quick reversal.

---
In post 125, Tywin Lannister wrote:So lemme get this straight. You think I'm scum and my scum buddies came out to purposely call me town? And you TR me before, but now you don't because others called me town? And do you think the scum team is me, Socrates, and infinite?
Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions. I did not get the same read of Prism's post at all. This reaction does not seem proportional to me.

---
In post 138, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Confirm vote: Gamma
Good lord. ABR, how come I find myself rolling my eyes at at least 1 post of yours every game?

:roll:

Anyone that says "confirm vote" and doesn't actually mean confirm vote falls in the pet peeve category.

---
In post 140, Socrates wrote:Any half-competent scumteam looks at a one-shot tracker and laughs.
What point is there for money other than to be used on the powers though? I mean, this is all a big WIFOM game, but all powers are worth bidding on. Some will be prioritized, sure, but scum
will
big on every power.

Further, powers don't have to be used on the day they're purchased. Holding powers exponetially increases their value (as well as the risk of losing it, however).

---
In post 154, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 151, gerryoat wrote:
In post 87, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think I might go for tracker today
this post reeks of scum
What use does scum have for tracker?
To deny it to the other side. Of course. That's what value the scum-sided roles have to town players, too.

---

Infinity may be my biggest town read, atm. I liked his post spree from to . Socrates is rubbing me wrong in some of his posts, but it's niggling and doesn't need expansion at this time.

I like Vecna, too. His was a lot of what I was thinking when I read Socrates' .

Still a couple more pages to read, but I feel comfortable with the game so far. I've got a nice segmentation of reads.

Elect: Vecna

VOTE: Tywin Lannister

I don't like his interaction with Prism. I don't like how fly-by-the-seat-of-his-pants he's coming across as. I could make a town case for him, but I could make a town case for anyone right now. If we lost one player right now, Tywin would be the one I'd most feel comfortable losing.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (isolation #3) » Fri May 05, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Ugh, I had a 12 hour day today and I have to get up at like 7:30 tomorrow to get my car worked on.

I'd be willing to vote for a Gamma lynch if we choose someone besides Twin for the leader role. I don't want him having that position. I don't want that position either.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (isolation #4) » Mon May 08, 2017 9:54 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 516, Tywin Lannister wrote:Ladies and gents, this is how you catch scum D1. Make their easy mislynch wagon derail at the very last minute and watch them scramble to find a new target. If you choose scum to vote, they refuse and flail looking for town to vote instead. This is why Socrates is caught scum and why redcoyote is town. Socrates wagon was refused even though people refused to straight up TR him. Scum cant TR their buddies, but they also refused to vote there. The Socrates case was 1000x better than gamma or Woodboy or redcoyote, but the only takers are flipped town and I would think, obvious town.
I'm going back and reading over the last pages of D1, and I don't really understand Socrates' moves. I think Gamma and Tywin are on to something in the sense that the Socrates pivot to wood doesn't look good. I'm not sure why ABR is refusing to recognize this. It seems pretty clear cut to me.

VOTE: Socrates

Tywin moves up my list significantly for asking the correct questions.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (isolation #5) » Wed May 10, 2017 5:31 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm reading right now, fyi. Working on a post.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (isolation #6) » Wed May 10, 2017 5:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 532, Socrates wrote:I came in at the end of the day, deadline approaching,admitted that I had been neglecting this game and stated that I was going to sheep Tywin. Gerry said to vote either Gamma or Oak, which I THOUGHT he meant that was the two competing wagons at that moment. I remembered that I hated the Gamma wagon, scrolled up the page and saw that Tywin agreed with this and was considering Oak, so I put my vote there in case Tywin never showed up to talk to me.
I'm assuming by 'Oak', you mean Woodboys. Why are you calling him Oak other than to confuse us all? Especially when there is someone named gerryoat.

---
In post 544, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I havent seen two good reasons to vote for Socrates. Have you even placed your bids yet?
I don't buy his Wood vote. I don't think he's properly explained it, either. He's basically saying he sheeped someone else on it, but he directly contradicted his earlier comment about how Wood was playing into a newb town trope.

---
In post 555, Socrates wrote:Momo's vote on me stinks to hell and back, and they did nothing yesterday but flip-flop on me for frankly awkward reasons. I find myself wondering if it was an attempt to buddy me.
Truth be told, I agree with you here. I'm not big on momo. I don't like his vote and I don't intend on defending him at all.
In post 555, Socrates wrote:I am now going to be looking at Prism under a microscope because I wonder it she tried to 'accidentally' quickhammer me before the town could bid on roles.
This is a fair point as well. I like Prism, but my gut is telling me there's something there. Prism is saying the right things, but if there was someone doing some sneakiness, Prism would fit the bill.

Unfortunately, this theory cannot be tested after the fact (whether or not Prism was gunning for a quicklynch) as it has been revealed. Still, that's something I'm keeping in the back of my mind.
In post 565, Socrates wrote:Little sense? So you're saying my minor newb-town-tell should have superseded my instinct that you were low-hanging fruit? Especially when I hadn't been following the rest of the thread and wasn't clear on what he had done since? Especially when I noticed that the player who's input I was looking for had said previously that they felt similar about you?

So ARE you telling me that I should have voted you Gamma? IS that what you are saying?
In post 566, Gamma Emerald wrote:So you trusted your read on me more? Is that right?
In post 567, Socrates wrote:Not just my read, but the read of another.
I read this exchange a couple of times, and I am partial to Gamma here. I don't see the antagonism toward Gamma. He's remaining very cool and he's asking Socrates pointed questions.

Infinity is right to hit at Gamma for unvoting Socrates without revoting though. I don't like that, as a general rule.

---
In post 600, Infinity 324 wrote:Is gamma town? If so, why?
My vote is town right now, but I don't like his more recent actions (unvoting and not revoting; second guessing his read on Socrates).

---
In post 608, gerryoat wrote:gamma and soc are both mafia. but gamma needs to go first.
Infinity says they don't read like SvS. You disagree. I'm with Infinity on this one. Care to try and persuade me?

Prism's is on point and is why I have her in my town group (despite my concerns earlier in this post). I think Infinity is still my top town read, but Prism is the one I'm agreeing with the most read-wise (sans Elena, perhaps).

---
In post 615, Albert B. Rampage wrote:VOTE: redcoyote

I am at a loss for this game. No clue what to do.
This is a pretty bad post given that it flies in the face of the main issue of the day: Socrates.

To put it another way, I don't think you can earnestly defend Socrates (or, more accurately, you're read on him), so you're ignoring the issue.

---
In post 647, Infinity 324 wrote:Because his ISO is full of "I like this, I like that", and other empty statements like that. No real scumhunting.
I'm half-lurking, but I don't think this is very fair. I don't think making firm stands is the same thing as making empty statements.

I'll grant you that my scumhunting this game is weak, but I'm not in a leadership position here (nor did I want to be). It may happen at some point, but I think Twyin is the de facto town leader here given his role. I like the way he's taking the town, so I'm naturally going to take more of a backseat. I want the Socrates lynch to happen.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (isolation #7) » Wed May 10, 2017 6:26 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm going to give my townreads whether you like it or not, Infinity. You're one of them.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (isolation #8) » Wed May 10, 2017 7:30 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 659, Tywin Lannister wrote:What's to work with? I dont think gamma is scum. You somehow think Socrates and abr are town. It makes no sense imo.
Gamma most likely will be lynched if people pay attention to the deadline. If not, then it will be Socrates. At least, that's the current trajectory.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #9) » Wed May 10, 2017 7:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 662, Gamma Emerald wrote:At the current votes Socrates reached 4 first so he will be lynched if my wagon doesn't pass his
Yes, I know, but I think the people that aren't on either of these two wagons will break to voting you 2:1. At least, that's my prediction.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (isolation #10) » Sun May 14, 2017 2:55 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Elena is effectively confirmed town due to a track I have on her, fyi (barring some incredible scum chicanery/4D chess). Just keep this in mind for the future.

VOTE: Tywin Lannister
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (isolation #11) » Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 791, Desperado wrote:
In post 776, Regfan wrote:Not Voting (3): RedCoyote, Socrates, Elena Fisher
last scum lies here

probably redcoyote...
lurking = scum is so passe
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (isolation #12) » Sun May 14, 2017 3:14 am

Post by RedCoyote »

maybe desp is scum because he has a gun in his avatar ever think of that
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (isolation #13) » Thu May 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, that track ended up being a waste.

When the town loses to the 1/50 or 1/100 chance, then the Mafia gods are telling you something, lol.

I didn't win any powers from yesterday.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (isolation #14) » Thu May 18, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Correct. As I alluded to yesterday, I basically had a confirmtown report on Elena.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (isolation #15) » Sat May 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage

I would protest Desp's vote being counted, but, eh. Twyin kind of ruined the game a bit. Ruined is too strong a word, but he really played against his win con (unless he actually did try and prevent the day kill but we were shafted by abysmal luck, in which case I will 100% eat my words).

Voting ABR over the other two because I've been townreading him most of the game. ABR is kind of like me in that when you think he's town he's probably scum (and vice versa in my case, though I dunno if he suffers that same dilemma). I still don't think Infinity is scum.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (isolation #16) » Sun May 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

*shrug*

Like I said, I can't feel much on this one, sorry. No one ever really engaged me aside from Infinity scolding me for not playing to his standards. I mean, I actively asked people questions, gave reads and put myself out there. I implore anyone to go find all the many posts of ABR/Desperado/Socrates/Momo asking me questions to try and figure out my alignment. I was just assumed to be lurking scum the entire game. Then the NK comes out along with the Elena death. Lol @ y'all that think this is my scum play though. If it helps you sleep better at night. I mean, I see that it's the easy out from my glass house, so I'm not going to start throwing stones.

Not a fun game. No fault of the moderator who has done and is doing a fine job. I take partial blame, of course, but the pieces did not fit here. I really do not like these lynch rules, for what it's worth.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (isolation #17) » Mon May 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

The way the lynch pivoted from Socrates to Gamma did a lot to help him, I think. Though him ducking out today probably should've been a red flag, in retrospect. It's hard to say who I would've voted had I not been wagonned, but I can't imagine a scenario where I would've voted for Prism outside of LYLO.

Again, and I hate to lay it
all
at the feet of Tywin, I think letting the NK come up in the marketplace was extremely short-sighted. It really broke my heart to vote Tywin as I had a solid town read on him, but I just didn't (and still don't) get why the NK had to come up. I get that he made a big show of wanting the NK in the market on D1, but I figured that was more of a show so that scum wouldn't kill him or something like that.

Thank you for modding, Reg. I'm sorry it was such a one-sided victory.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (isolation #18) » Mon May 22, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

And another thing, I do think Prism played very well. Congrats are in order there. Socrates and Gamma both did a fine job as well.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”