Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3391 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3380, Dierfire wrote:
In post 3378, WhyMafia wrote:AND THIS SETUP WAS SO TOWN SIDED
I'm not sure about this; certainly the Jack of All Trades has some strength (not least because the Vigilante power allows recovery to odd numbers if the Weak Jailkeeper targets Mafia), but the Role Cop does not get many useful results (all Mafia players and Town Citizens give identical results, Ascetic Jack of All Trades gives no result). Its real utility probably comes from checking fake claims from Mafia players or using its Loud modifier as a weaker version of a Friendly Neighbor--but those two functions don't overlap very well.
That's about normal power for town vs 3 goons?

Weak jailkeeper is kind of shitty as investigative, and will very rarely see late game
Loud role cop just announces himself as a PR and eats a bullet early on
And the joat is pretty good but potentially claims ascetic day 1 and eats an early bullet if scum don't have better ideas

normally towns have some kind of power that has reasonable odds of seeing late game, this one didn't at all, and its top two roles (jk, joat) were both less useful than a full jailkeepr or a full cop.

Like, off the top of my head, standard cop, jailkeeper, and loud role cop is probably ok against 3 goons with daytalk, and town had less power than that.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”