mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4726 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:33 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4674, nancy wrote:
Shoutout to mastina who is my inspiration and to Pine who introduced me to her.
Kisses to Jae and Mini who are two loves of my life.
<3
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4727 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

Hey guys please if you are a wagon count user let me know what you think of the formats please :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4728 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Spoiler:
In post 1448, nancy wrote:
The thing with getting crushes on other lesbians is.. you're always pretty much terrified of it breaking you.

Because unlike with other dynamics, there's this connection between lesbians that's.. kind of impossible to articulate.

And yet it makes perfect sense. Because it's something that lives inside you. It's always been there.

It's a connection that in many ways makes you know who you are.

And you're giving all of that to another person.
In post 1449, nancy wrote:
And if you're friends with the person you're crushing on? Close friends?

Not only are you putting yourself on the line.. you risk losing the intimacy of that friendship.

Because reciprocation is far from guaranteed. And when it isn't.. it can get ugly.
It can make you feel that you've lost parts of yourself.

And there so often seem to be no reasons at all why this would find you.

This: the connection.

You're so used to feeling alone, that intimacy seems alien.

Something you maybe doubt you've ever seen.
Something of which you're only allowed glimpses.
Something that has broken you in the past.

And confronting that is terrifying.

But god.. when you do.
When it's reciprocated.
When you give yourself to another lesbian, and they give themselves back..

There's nothing in the world that comes close.
In post 3778, nancy wrote:
Ever managed to convince your girlfriend to confess their love to another girl? And then they do it, and the other girl is like, yes please, and then like, you go batshit crazy with happiness for a while because
fuck man
that shit is what we live for? Cause I have, and oh-god do good decisions feel good when they pay off.

No one died Night 2.

:P
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4729 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

sry I played a bad game guys =(
GTKAS
| here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4730 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by mastina »

<3 Jae
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #4731 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Lel, I was scum as hell.

@Aristo - Sorry for all that, haha. Had to mimic a town meta.

Good stuff, SAD.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4732 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4731, Boonskiies wrote:Lel, I was scum as hell.

Good stuff, SAD.
All good man! I wish I had stuck with it tbh!

SAD did amazing things for your slot when he came in, and I don't mind saying that he won you guys the game! You did a good job matching your town meta mechanic, but there was a difference in something...tone, attack, something! If I could have but my finger on it this may have been a totally different game!

I'm glad this blew up the way it did because you were scum, not because of anything else <3
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4733 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by Tammy »

Congrats scum you did a great job!

Thanks for running it Nancy!
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4734 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 4719, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 51, Tammy wrote:My thought on Arthur was if that was a real kill he had, he could be an sk. Unfortunately Arthur's become white noise to me lately and I've just stopped paying attention to most things he says and does because he's become so antitown lately with the pushing for quicklynches and lying about claims and just in general playing in such an antitown fashion that I'm just kinda oh he's posting. A part of it is a failure on my part as I ignored a couple red flags I had because oh that's just Arthur. Similar situation with boonskies, who I did have some issues with and meta dived a bit, but it's hard to distinguish when a player literally banks on going unnoticed because they have a reputation for being the antitown vi (I usually hate people getting called that but boonskies brags about being the vi).

And Arthur can play in a protown way; he doesn't pull this antitown crap when we play at our homesite. He's always a bit chaotic, but he doesn't do all that stuff there.

And I'm not really sure what to do. Like they don't care. They don't care about what they're doing to the game, so lynching them doesn't solve anything. The only thing it does do is lessen your chances in most cases to have enough lynches to lynch scum. (I do believe in policy lynches in some instances).

But then when they do draw scum, they just become that person in the game you stick on the antitown but I guess town shelf and then that screws the game too.

In order to have a chance then you have to hope that the actual town members play 150% to bring that person back into the light. I don't know if that makes sense except for in my head.

I'd like to think that I'd be having a problem with Arthur right now if I were still alive, but who knows. I think he and boonskies did some good distancing with the rb/prism/leonshade slot. I can't remember how he behaved when it came time to lynch though. His town read on hikari was for pretty shallow reasoning, but meh.
I'm sorry you felt this way! Not sure I see much where you're coming from, as in my town games I put in 110% effort (and I have like never pushed for quicklynches in any town game? Except maybe formerfish in gay mafia). I think outside of gay mafia I care a lot about the state of the game as town, that game was just half lurksacks and even then I put in a bunch of effort to sort the people doing nothing.

For this game (and my scum games in general) I just give people what they want and try to play the right keystrokes. I got hints that you had preconceived notions that I would be very anti-town for some reason (probably because of fake-claims in gay mafia? but like I said that game was a shitshow so meh) so I knew I can get away with anti-town behavior and you'd ride it off. Infinity was feeling demotivated and I felt by ~seeing where he's coming from~ he will subconsciously townread me. Nacho felt that I tend to give up and not care about the lynch much as time goes on, so I gave him the careless persona while still getting on Desperado and pushing that. Titus was feeling misunderstood, I tried to work with her and make her feel better and that I saw where she's coming from. I forgot who but someone had deep doubts about nacho, so I played my ~nacho paranoia~ card. Also by talking to you about the nacho doubts I had I knew you would spend time explaining it and delve deep into it, then I can "see" where you're coming from but still have my own doubts, which would both allow me to help out the nacho-scum boat while also looking like I'm scumhunting to you because I'm okay with reassessing my read. It also distracts you from scumhunting because you dedicate more resources to explaining nacho-town.

Idk it's the little things that go a long way.

Btw I think Prism said somewhere in one of the like dead PTs that Nacho's biggest strength isn't his scumhunting even though he's good at that, it's the mediating avoiding town infighting. I agree with that, and I think it's more about how he's extremely good ~townhunter~. It's SO hard getting townread by nacho as scum whereas he somehow townreads viable mislynches and can change people's minds. He townread both Alisae and Titus this game. He townread Ari also to a point where I felt like if I pushed it any further it would make me look scummy, so that was one mislynch evaporated. And scum is about counting down the number of mislynches you have left. It's why it was so crucial getting Desperado mislynch in before Leon, even if people pushed Leon the next day. AND if Nacho had more time I suspect the Desperado lynch was going to be impossible to push over Leon.
That probably came off harsher than I feel, but yeah gay mafia and laundry mafia to an extent is where I'm coming from. I obviously don't feel that way all the time as our game we played at home a couple weeks ago, you were someone I heavily looked to to balance out my own reads.

But gay mafia was kinda the straw for me. It's why in kings landing I felt somewhat at ease drawing scum because I knew that I didn't have to worry about antitown behavior as it wouldn't really matter so much.

Nacho and I were talking about this game last night and the red flags that were there that we missed, and we both think the quicklynches are what killed this game. That day one quick lynch should ne er have happened ad was atrocious. And you're right if nacho had had more time and the chance to come in and sort desperado he'd probably been able to stop that lynch, and regardless of it being a few days before deadline that should not have happened, especially without a claim. That lynch was terrible. Even the day three scum lynch was bad that it was so quick.

Every single one of those killed towns chances to have the time necessary to really evaluate what was going on and reassess. Not only that but it killed the morale and drive to even solve the game.

Town just not working together didn't help either.

You played a really great scum game though! You deserved the win and clearly wanted it more than anybody else in endgame.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4735 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

namcy, i absolutely loved all your little post edits!

I've actually gone through searching for them at various points because they made me smile and stuff :)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4736 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

namcy. WTF is a namcy!?!?
- Jingle
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4737 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 4735, Aristophanes wrote:namcy, i absolutely loved all your little post edits!

I've actually gone through searching for them at various points because they made me smile and stuff :)
I usually read ,y own ISO during the game anyway, but that prompted me to reread it more than usual!
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4738 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Sorry for replacing out.

Didn't have fun even though i lived the playerlist

Any time I try a new style it sucks because I'm held to my normal town meta.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4739 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by Fro99er »

*loved
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4740 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 4735, Aristophanes wrote:namcy, i absolutely loved all your little post edits!

<3

Thank you for everyone for playing!

I pretty much agree with Tammy's assessment of what killed the game for Town. This setup was mainly designed to give Town a significant communication advantage and ideally control of lynches through coordination with Daytalk, which was definitely happening early Day 1 but I think that pretty much ended around the point that Fro99er deathtunneled Keyser, and Town never really recovered its mojo after that. That was why scum had no daytalk, it was important for scum to be somewhat disconnected in terms of being able to coordinate and such, which was particularly relevant with the way the JK and BP BG worked in the setup as we saw when Ari got shot the first time, even though the WIFOM was far less since implosion got taken out Night 1. That was pretty much a perfect N1 kill, I think, in terms of undermining Town's chances to utilize its power to the fullest extent (not to mention implosion's reads were fucking incredible).

Also, scum PT has been released.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4741 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by nancy »

And I'd be remiss if I didn't thank people that need to be thanked: replacements for coming in and keeping the game fresh, RC, mhsmith and mastina for answering a few little this and thats at different points, drealmerz and mhsmith for early help with the setup, Fire-chan for pushing me to mod and being an overall extremely encouraging friend, Pine for being my senpai and pushing me to be better, Mathblade for all the huge and generous help with coding (all that wagon data for VCA would not have been possible without them), my review team for giving away their time and energy to my setup and of course Nexus and list mods for making any of these games possible in the first place. Oh and Mini for inspiring me to do a lesbian theme. <3 you all.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4742 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

love you nancy san!
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4743 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by nancy »

Love you too Fire-chan!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4744 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by nancy »

Nearly forgot to thank mykonian. You know why <3
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #4745 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 4732, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 4731, Boonskiies wrote:Lel, I was scum as hell.

Good stuff, SAD.
All good man! I wish I had stuck with it tbh!

SAD did amazing things for your slot when he came in, and I don't mind saying that he won you guys the game! You did a good job matching your town meta mechanic, but there was a difference in something...tone, attack, something! If I could have but my finger on it this may have been a totally different game!

I'm glad this blew up the way it did because you were scum, not because of anything else <3
yeah, I was terrified of you before anything happened. I feel like you were the person here who was most familiar with my play. you always seem to be lurking around, haha.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4746 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Aristophanes »

That's because I am :P

I'm generally not to be feared though! It's not often I have enough away to push lynches through.
- Jingle
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4747 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:46 am

Post by Nexus »

To nominate this game and any players or mods in it, please see the Scummies nomination thread.
Trans rights are human rights.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”