Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by implosion »

Vote Count 1.1

Gamma Emerald (1): Cheetory6
Cheetory6 (1): DeathRowKitty

Not Voting (11): bigbenwd, Raya36, CCC, Grendel, MuttonChopMagic, notsure, Backhand, Accountant, NotTheRealPaul, Klick, Gamma Emerald

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
Deadline is on Thursday, June 15th at 5:00 PM PST, in (expired on 2017-06-15 20:00:00).
Last edited by implosion on Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 23, Gamma Emerald wrote:Still why is it bad?
The questions don't have enough (any?) of a direct tie to the current game for alignment to meaningfully appear in answers. *insert theory discussion of early game here* so RQS is basically the worst thing ever. Talking about it in general terms is also a bad thing though so etc
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Gamma why did you mention the thing about scumreading a player for RQS? Did you think I was doing that? You seem to have been in an RQS before. Did no one in that game object to it on theory grounds?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Hey guys!
In post 10, Grendel wrote: 1. What is your preferred alignment?
2. On a scale of one to ten how collaborative a player are you and why?
3. How important is it to take other players personalities into account when forming reads on them?
4. What player do you have the most experience with on this roster?
5. What are you feeling as you enter this mini's D1?
1. I don't really have a preferred alignment. I enjoy PRs, but I'm honestly happy with just about any roles.
2. I'm not really good at putting numbers on a scale so I'll just say that I think I'm fairly collaborative. I like to come up with my own reads but I also like expanding on others'.
3. Personality should be considered. I don't consider it the most important factor to a read but how someone acts definitely could be just their personality and not tell much about allignment.
4. Just Gamma. (I'm new to the site so I don't know many people yet)
5. I guess I'm just excited to play!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Hi Raya do you think I'm scum?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@DRK the point of RQS is t necessarily to judge alignments. It's meant as an ice breaker mostly. And Grendel uses it to judge alignment early so your concern is somewhat moot.
I don't recall anyone objecting to RQS for theory reasons that game. My objection was the player was using RQS for townpoints.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:@DRK the point of RQS is t necessarily to judge alignments. It's meant as an ice breaker mostly. And Grendel uses it to judge alignment early so your concern is somewhat moot.
I don't recall anyone objecting to RQS for theory reasons that game. My objection was the player was using RQS for townpoints.
Having an icebreaker at the start of the game is worse than having nothing at the start of the game. It's more difficult for scum to find openings into the flow of the game in the early-going than it is for town.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 29, DeathRowKitty wrote:Hi Raya do you think I'm scum?
No... it's only page two of D1. Why are you asking me that?

(If you mean because you're against RQS than still no. I see where both sides are coming from around that.)
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by MuttonChopMagic »

ego
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 32, Raya36 wrote:
In post 29, DeathRowKitty wrote:Hi Raya do you think I'm scum?
No... it's only page two of D1. Why are you asking me that?

(If you mean because you're against RQS than still no. I see where both sides are coming from around that.)
How about the way I'm going about it? Does the fact that I'm being all abrupt to Gamma Emerald about it give you bad feelings about me? Does the fact that I have a tiny townread on Gamma Emerald weird you out?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 31, DeathRowKitty wrote:
In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:@DRK the point of RQS is t necessarily to judge alignments. It's meant as an ice breaker mostly. And Grendel uses it to judge alignment early so your concern is somewhat moot.
Having an icebreaker at the start of the game is worse than having nothing at the start of the game. It's more difficult for scum to find openings into the flow of the game in the early-going than it is for town.
I thought you had a new reason to object but this is the same as one I've seen before
At least rb had the dignity to say it clogged the game up when I tried it with him
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by Raya36 »

No, it didn't really ping me as that strange. It was pretty abrupt and a bit odd to say nobody else should answer the questions but it could just be your playstyle or personality. I don't find it that weird that you have a tiny townread already either. It would only be weird if you acted on it this early on in the game without much evidence to base your read on.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Since you're asking me what I think of you so early on it's only fair if I ask the same of you. Do you have any reads on me? Do you have any reads on anyone else?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also Grendel you should really answer your own questions
<Embrace The Void>

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 35, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 31, DeathRowKitty wrote:
I thought you had a new reason to object but this is the same as one I've seen before
At least rb had the dignity to say it clogged the game up when I tried it with him
"Dignity"? Don't give me that nonsense. I'm not going to give you extra filler reasons because you won't accept the real ones.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 37, Raya36 wrote:Since you're asking me what I think of you so early on it's only fair if I ask the same of you. Do you have any reads on me? Do you have any reads on anyone else?
You're basically null. notsure did nothing but answer the RQS questions so there's nothing game-related to read from him in the first place. I am too blinded by my lifelong feud with Cheetory4 (he doesn't deserve to have a number as large as 6 after his name) to have any read on him but scumscumscum all the timetimetime.
notsure
notsure
Townie
notsure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by notsure »

Considering it's the start of the game, anything anyone does now can be interpreted in any way and is just WIFOM.

BUT if people start talking now, it gives a lot of interaction and behaviors that can be compared to later in the game. This is good for town. So DeathRowKitty, I don't see the value in not answering some simple RQS questions. Just as mafia could use your answers against you, so can town use it as a basis to judge you as Town and have a higher chance of finding mafia as the game progresses.

so whatever I guess.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 41, notsure wrote:Considering it's the start of the game, anything anyone does now can be interpreted in any way and is just WIFOM.

BUT if people start talking now, it gives a lot of interaction and behaviors that can be compared to later in the game. This is good for town. So DeathRowKitty, I don't see the value in not answering some simple RQS questions. Just as mafia could use your answers against you, so can town use it as a basis to judge you as Town and have a higher chance of finding mafia as the game progresses.

so whatever I guess.
Everything you just said is incredibly silly. Do you have any reads?
notsure
notsure
Townie
notsure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by notsure »

In post 42, DeathRowKitty wrote: Everything you just said is incredibly silly. Do you have any reads?
And why is it silly? What's silly is not getting people to talk and interact. How is Town supposed to find mafia if we just do what you're doing?

And you're asking about reads now? You seem pretty scummy...having a bad start?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

You talk a lot about finding mafia and yet you seem to find find more value in answering non-game-specific questions than you do in discussing reads. Is interesting. Would you say that this utterly bizarre valuation is relevant to your alignment or is it a part of your views on mafia theory?

What about me seems scummy to you?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 10, Grendel wrote:1. What is your preferred alignment?
2. On a scale of one to ten how collaborative a player are you and why?
3. How important is it to take other players personalities into account when forming reads on them?
4. What player do you have the most experience with on this roster?
5. What are you feeling as you enter this mini's D1?
1. Scum. Everything's easier when you have more info.
2. waht
3. People act differently and aren't robots, surprisingly, so, very
4. DRK, though that's not saying much, I just played with her in Clash of the Mash. I haven't played in ages.
5. the keys on my laptop

Mr. Cheetory how can I lynch the scum
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Klick Mr. Cheetory might be scum can you vote him with me pls
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Basically at some point I'll point my finger at someone, call them scum, we'll lynch them and hopefully they were actually scum.

P-Edit: o:
Are you sure about that?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Are you hoping to PRESSURE ME
WITH VOTES
INTO BEING SORTABLE!??!?!
OH GOD.
THE MERE THOUGHT OF SUCH A THING IS MAKING ME TREMBLE.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by Klick »

hmm
alright

VOTE: Cheetos

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”