new fire emblem fuck yeah.

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:06 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Fire Emblem is probably my favorite series. I've only played Fire Emblem 4 to 8 though.
I would 100% recommend 4. It may be old, but the story is really epic.

I really need to check out the newer Fire Emblems soon.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:48 am

Post by Fluminator »

My classmate just had his character blow a cousin. What a weird game.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Fluminator »

It's always exciting learning someone else has played through Thracia 776. (Andrius mentioned playing it)
I'm starting my first playthrough of Path of Radiance soon. The game boy games and SNES games are some of the defining games in my childhood. But for some reason I never played PoR or RD until now. I might try the 3DS ones.
Last edited by Fluminator on Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Fluminator »

The best way to play these games are ironman runs. No restarts if characters die. The earlier games were actually designed to be played like that.
I think in an interview I read the producers started realizing people always restarted when a character died and begun to adjust the gameplay around fire emblem 6.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Fluminator »

Hey! Good to see you again.
Also really you guys. I might have to post a let's play of Thracia so you guys can appreciate the game fully.
A lot of people I know say the manster section is brutal (and the rest of the game being good) but I honestly loved that section too.
I'm really looking forward to 9 and 10. I finally have time over Christmas break to play through them. I'll probably post my thoughts on it.
Genealogy is probably my favorite too. Gameplay wise it's kind of broken but the story makes up for it. I used to have a bunch of fan fics written for it.

My other favorite is Sacred Stones. I recognize all the flaws and understand why some people don't like it but I love that one. I appreciate the game more everytime I play it.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Because it's a good game.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Honestly, one the main reasons I never got it for around literally 8 years was I could never find it.
I eventually caved and dolphined it.
But yeah, if you own a hard copy, it's a pretty rare thing you got and worth a lot now lol.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Fluminator »

PoR is decent and smooth enough in the bit I checked. The music not really, but I usually don't have music playing since I'm listening to other things. (I gave the emulator to my sister and she said it was too laggy so it might be how strong of a computer you have too)
RD seemed kind of bad though.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Fluminator »

They released Thracia on the SNES (one of the last games released on it) when the N64 was deep in its lifespan. They really struggled on the timing of games for the longest time.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Haha. Although really the game they should play first is actually Fire Emblem 8.
We should just all play through the games starting from 1 to 14 or whatever number we're at. (skipping Shadow Dragon)
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Maybe I'll do an ironman run on Fire Emblem 5 for you guys where I'll let you pick the party later on. I won't make it to the end before losing, but I'll see how far I make it. XD
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Post by Fluminator »

OK. I feel like challenging myself. Coming soon to a mafia forum near you:
Fire Emblem 5 Thracia 766

Fire Emblem 5 is probably one of the most obscure Fire Emblem games out there, and least played. And for good reason.
It was released in 1999 through a special Nintendo Special flash cartridge which was some weird system where you could get games put on the ram at a store. Usually it was used so you could get games cheaper and not need to get cartridges, but in Thracia's case it was only released through this system (until it eventually came out on cartridge next year). However, the fact that it was released on the SNES and through a ram cartridge system no one used in 1999, when the N64 had been in business for over 3 years (The Gamecube was released in Nov 2001) made it not a very popular game at release.
Spoiler: How does this even work

It was the last game of the Shouzou Kaga era before he left Nintendo, and took place in the Jugdral universe (the one where FE 4 and 5 take place in). However, this game is actually a midquel of Fire Emblem 4 Genealogy of the Holy War. There is a time skip between Chapters 5 and 6 in Fire Emblem Genealogy where it takes place. (Near the end of the skip, and eventually joining up with events that take place in that game until chapter 7)
Spoiler: FE4, the game with very long chapters

A side of effect of this makes the story in Fire Emblem 5 not very interesting on it's own, and even with the knowledge of the FE4 story, it's still only decent and just gives a different point of view of the story from one of the characters in FE4. A bunch of the villains seen are never defeated or even fought in FE5. They introduce a few new villains in 5 but they aren't that noteworthy.
Furthermore, there are no support conversations in this game making the character development and growth not really a thing which is one of the main points to a modern Fire Emblem game. In the limited time the characters are in the spotlight, they are usually very interesting however, but it just pains me to have no support conversations.
Spoiler: I literally don't remember this character's name

Also, the game is broken. There are definitely signs of the game being rushed and not polished/fine tuned, and lots of annoying things make the game a lot more harder than it should be. It's not really a 'fair' difficulty which is why so many people are rage induced trying to play it.
Finally, the translation patch to English is unfinished and the menus are gibberish making the game harder and even more annoying.
Spoiler: What does any of this mean

So to summarize, it's a broken, rushed game that's intensely hard (probably by accident) and doesn't really have characters or a story that is interesting or makes sense without playing Fire Emblem 4 and it has no good translation patch. Thus, it's quite easy to see why the game is not the most popular in the series.
So why am I going to play through it?
Because I hate myself

Because it's got some very interesting map designs, and there is probably no FE game that has such tactical and strategic emphasis. There are some really interesting maps and gameplay gimmicks. I really wish they'd update this game, fix the flaws, add support conversations, and this would be a fantastic game.

So I've never posted a playthrough before and I have no idea how this will work. I'll be doing ironman style which means if a character gets killed, they are dead for good and I am not allowed to restart. This makes it possible (and quite probable) I put myself in a situation I can't win. In which case, too bad for the playthrough and it will be finished early. I could see this ending on chapter 4. This is a very very bad idea but yolo.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Also, it will probably be on a different thread.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Don't care about Fire Emblem Warriors.
Paper Mario 1 and 2 were fantastic. 3 was good. 4 and 5 sucked hard.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Yeah. What they said. Turn based strategies with good stories and characters who if you lose them in battle they stay perma dead.
In terms of actual games from my perspective you have,

Fire Emblem 1,2,3 were released a long time ago and since they've been remade or will be remade there's no point to playing them anymore.

Fire Emblem 4 is pretty different from the others but has the best story by far. Pretty much a game of thrones story and if you don't play it you should read the manga based off the story which is also really good. This game basically conquered Japan and was their most successful game there. (Although it never got officially released in America so it's influence is less known there)

Fire Emblem 5 is hardest game in the series but has the best tactical and strategic elements in my opinion. Don't play this one until you've played the more classical ones and Fire Emblem 4 first. (Since the story of 5 is a midquel to 4 and has spoilers) This game has my favorite main character too.

Fire Emblem 6 is decent but 7 and 8 are superior in almost every way and 7 is a prequel. Probably only play this one if you really loved 7.

Fire emblem 7 is probably the best one to start with to get into the series. It's got a really long tutorial section, but characters, story, and gameplay are top notch and it's a solid entry point. Probably has the best characters out of all the ones I've played. This was the first one officially released to America.

Fire Emblem 8 is a fantastic game for its size and length. It's got really good pacing and villains. Considerably easier and shorter then others so if you're looking for a quick romp, do this one. Has some really solid and interesting characters too. It's one I didn't fully come to appreciate until I played it a couple times and noticed the genius behind some parts.

Fire Emblem 9 + 10. Only have had time to play the first chapters of 9 but I've heard these games are fantastic and after the first 6 chapters I have no doubts. Can't wait to graduate so I have time to play these.

Fire Emblem 11. Remake of 1. Honestly, not a great game. They didn't update much and it hasn't aged that well.

Fire Emblem 12. Remake of 3. Pretty solid and decent. It has possibly the best map designs and levels, and a pretty solid story.

Everything past this and the games kind of changed their target audience and there's a lot more emphasis on marrying characters and marrying off your self insert character which isn't really my style but they're really popular games so they're probably good games if you like that style.

They're also remaking fire emblem 2 which I'm excited about.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Haha, I respect Shadow Dragon in the sense that the original was legendary. But now?
The characters are undeveloped and not very interesting. The story is pretty basic. The only interesting story parts to me were
needing to select a character to use as a decoy/sacrifice
and
Marth holding back tears and pretending to be happy while waving to the people because he just learned his sister was taken.

The maps were pretty generic and boring. Nothing really stood out and they were all sieze the throne chapters. The only interesting one was the gharnef fight. (Which admittedly was pretty cool)
The pacing is pretty off and the game just feels more like a slog at times.
I think they should have updated Shadow Dragon similar to how they updated 12. But at least it actually had a decent multiplayer mode so there's that.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Fluminator »

Fair points. It's not a terrible game at all.

On another note I got Fire Emblem Heroes and it's actually decently fun as a little side app.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 163, Cabd wrote:This is now a heroes thread.

MFW getting best girl who does her best.
What? How did you get such good summons?
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Super psyched that Ephraim pulled ahead of Chrom in the voting gauntlet in the last hour. Man, that was epic. We're going to get destroyed by Lucina now though lol.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 177, Cabd wrote:I sacrificed several goats to RNJESUS
Teach me your ways.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Here's hoping that Eirika's army kept their flags when they realized how badly they lost so they can bring them over to Ephraim's army so he actually stands a chance. Also hoping most Chromrads join up with us now.

I burned most of my flags in the last hour against Chrom when he made a last minute surge.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Spoiler:

I only started yesterday so don't have it as nearly as good as you yet.
My Lilina and Oboro are definitely my best two right now. I really liked Ray from his game and tried using him but his level ups sucked so I'm probably booting him.
I just really want to get one of Ephraim, Hector, Lyn, or Eirika, but no luck yet.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Don't think so. What is that? Re-rolling the characters you get?
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Oh, I probably should have done that, but it's probably too late for me to go back now. Granted I'd get a bunch of free flags too if I did that....
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:49 am

Post by Fluminator »

FRICKEN RIP.
LUCINA FANBOYS TOO MUCH
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:00 am

Post by Fluminator »

Not surprising at all, also because Lucina is a super smash bros character so all the filthy casuals would pick her.
But we can't go down like this! Calling all scummers who browse this topic, get Fire Emblem Heroes! Join team Ephraim. I can't promise you victory or success, but I can promise you honour!
You take the feathers, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and level up whoever you want to level. You take the honour, you stay in Emblemland, and I show you how disgusting the battle goes.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:11 am

Post by Fluminator »

I'm actually gaining more reward than most people in the lucina army since it's not hard to be in the top 30000 in army placement, because there are much less people in it.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #29) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:09 am

Post by Fluminator »

Wow, I always wanted a Chrom in a bunny suit in my army.
Why heroes! No one asked for this.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #30) » Fri May 05, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Quite enjoying Path of Radiance so far. I could see it becoming my favorite one in the series.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #31) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Yeah, I'm playing it on hard, and it's quite a challenge. Maybe you picked easy? I've heard normal isn't too hard either though.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #32) » Fri May 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I pirated the game tbh because i couldn't find a hard copy anywhere. It let me play hard, although I played the first few chapters in the past on an easier difficulty before I took a break to graduate before playing it again.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #33) » Fri May 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I just beat chapter 13 in path of radiance
Spoiler: thoughts
I like the story so far. I especially like the laguz, and every laguz character I've met so far. Ranulf is my favorite character and Lethe just tears everything apart.
I think this game has the most interesting setting or world it takes place in? I'm finding Begnion especially intriguing so far. Fire Emblem 4 may have gone more in depth on the politics of all the countries, but I feel like this one covers the actual cultures and identities better, making me actually imagine life in the countries more.
I'm enjoying Ike as a main character. I'm a little confused why Titania doesn't ever tell Ike anything about his past, but whatever.
I like a lot of the other characters as well (there's a lot being introduced now to keep track of) and the info talks between chapters add a lot.

Gameplaywise, it feels pretty much the same as other fire emblem games. This isn't a bad thing. The laguz units spiced things up though.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #34) » Fri May 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In Fire Emblem 4, you could create broken characters.

Also yeah, I'm disappointed Mordecai never starts transformed. The chapter is usually almost complete by the time he's around.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #35) » Fri May 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Play it iron man style. No restarts if someone dies
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #36) » Fri May 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Also chamber, my sister told me radiant dawn is literally the path of radiance story directly continued. How did you play radiant dawn first?
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #37) » Sat May 06, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Fluminator »

But it has Camilla. And you can marry her.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #38) » Sat May 06, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Fluminator »

Actually, can you? Or was she your sister
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #39) » Sun May 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Naesallo or however you spell it. (The Raven king) Might be my favorite villain so far.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #40) » Mon May 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Haha! Yeah, just beat the 4 parter. Oliver was such a wierdo.
All my units are promoted now!
Tibarn scares me. Birds should not be that muscular.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #41) » Thu May 11, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Fluminator »

Haha. That thriller picture greatly amuses me even though I have no idea why it exists.
Just beat Ena where Rolf basically destroyed crit her right away with a laguz bow.
My units are insanely strong at this point.
I've given Mia the gamble skill, and a forged slim sword with insane crit and hit, and when gambling she still sometimes gets up to an 80% hit right (with an 80% crit rate).
Nephenee has wrath, ambush, and provoke, and I imagine if she ever takes enough damage to go below half, she'll just crit-wreck everything that attacks her before they can touch her.
I've given Jill stun, Oscar Sol, and Ike Aether. Marcia has the boots and can travel everywhere. Rolf has corrosion and insane stats.
My units are just destroying everything right now.
It's very satisfying.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #42) » Thu May 11, 2017 10:54 am

Post by Fluminator »

Trying to decide if I should pair Ike with Soren or Lethe. He's got B supports with both right now.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #43) » Thu May 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I kind of am leaning going Ike with Lethe. Soren is great and all but Lethe is just way too cool.
Granted I'm putting Lethe with Jill as well and Soren is all alone without Ike. I'll see who gets there first.
I am using Kieran. He's already supported to A with Oscar. He's been given no skills or statboosters and he's still keeping up just fine.
I am unfortunately not using that sexy beast Makalov to even out the riders. His sister is fighting well enough for the both of them though. (Lol at them not even having a support)
Also, Shinon and gatrie have no right being in that rainbow! I can forgive Shinon but Gatrie knows better.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #44) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Spoiler: Beat chapter 25
I got Bastion, and he seems vaguely familiar to someone's avatar I remember. Geoffrey looks like Ephraim from another game. Lucia seemed a little too eager to leave her brother to die.
Rocks were pretty annoying.
I like the story, but I find it pretty hilarious that Mist had an amulet that contained a dark god and that anyone else who touched it would turn into a deranged psycho killer, and Greil and Titania never thought it was a good idea to tell the kids that. "Oops, Ike accidentally grabbed Mist's amulet for her. RIP"
I have no idea who the black knight is yet. I'm going to guess it's no one on my party, but surely it's someone surprising. Maybe Kurthnaga? Somehow related to Sephiran though.
Lol at Nasir being everyone's spy.

Nephenee with wrath, ambush, provoke =Mia with gamble and a forged slim sword with max critical and hit > mounted units > mages
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #45) » Mon May 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Fluminator »

THE GAME IS BEATEN!
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #46) » Mon May 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I don't really have any critiques of the game. I was mainly just sitting back and enjoying it all without thinking about it too much. I'll probably examine, actively appreciate, and find flaws on my second playthrough. Although honestly, I don't really see any argument right now that it isn't the best one so far. It's basically just like any other fire emblem game, just the most polished one so far.
It definitely didn't feel like it was over though. You can tell they were planning for the sequel right away and I definitely need to get started on Radiant Dawn.
Spoiler: POR spoilers
Giffca was a fricken beast. Glad I picked him first. Tibarn is still way too big to be a bird. My top 5 units were in decreasing order Nephenee > Mia > Ike > Oscar > Boyd. (which honestly surprised me that Kieran wasn't on there, and that Nephenee or Mia weren't number one.)
I couldn't kill the black knight in time. I didn't have anything on mist, and Ike was only doing 3 damage. He could also only take 2 hits before dying. I DIDN'T RUN THOUGH! Nasir ended up coming in anyway.
I didn't really see the twist coming that Ashnard was riding Ena's lover in a feral form. Definitely made Ashnard even more terrifying in hindsight. Can't say Ashnard was the most interesting villain to me though, and I guess the only critique I can think of right now is the last chapter didn't seem quite as epic as other fire emblem games. But if I consider it's not really the end, and just the end of part 1 I'm okay with it.

Also, I'm confused about one thing in the story. At the end Ike, Mist, and Sephiran were all freaking out about not getting the song to someone who could use it to release the dark god from the medallion.
Why do they want the ability to summon a dark god to be available????
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (isolation #47) » Tue May 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 271, Vi wrote:
Spoiler:
In re: dark god - It's better to be able to release the dark god than to get it strong enough to break out on its own.

The fight against the Burger King was the worst-designed part of the game IMO. Even if you cram all the resources into Ike and Mist, you still have to get lucky to actually win (preferably before the reinforcements show up) and if you screw up you have to play a long level again. At least it doesn't really matter.

The FE fandom thinks that Ashnard is the best villain in the series, actually. Rather than the usual omnicidal dragon thing, Ashnard was a psycho warlord who not only presented a radically meritocratic worldview in a plot that discusses the responsibilities of royalty and has a deep skepticism about nobility, but also wanted to release a dark god purely to further his belief that this worldview was the right thing (and, while he may not have survived the encounter with said god, he likely wouldn't have cared because that would have fit in his philosophy). The odd thing is that the game doesn't spell it out clearly unless Ashnard fights... Reyson.

But yes in terms of plot and setting it's probably the best game in the series.

Did you have a favorite BGM? (Don't forget to try a Trial Map before answering.)
Favorite character?
Spoiler:
Favorite BGM has to be Giffca. He's a freaking tank, and I get so giddy seeing a lion taking out everything. The most interesting character to me was either Ranulf, Shinon, or Naesala. Although in terms of just sitting back watching them destroy everything, it would have to be Nephenee. She was an absolute tank.

I read through some of the dialogue on Serene's Forest and support conversations I missed. I read all the battle dialogue with Ashnard. I can see how he got his ideas from his distaste of the Begnion royalty. I'll have to read his dialogue more closely next time. He was certainly a crazy guy.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #48) » Thu May 18, 2017 5:11 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 274, Vi wrote:(BGM is background music.)

These are all good choices for best character in every respect. Although there aren't many bad choices, to be fair.
Lol, thought that meant big gruff man or something and asking which of the three princes was the best.

Yeah, going to start radiant dawn soon
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #49) » Thu May 18, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 275, Ranmaru wrote:Lute is my favorite character from FE Sacred Stones. Favorite track is 'shadows materialize' from Path of Radiance. I need to play that again.
My sister's favorite character is Lute.
I enjoyed her but Forde and Innes are probably mine from that game.
Or L'rachel. Gah so many good characters.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #50) » Thu May 18, 2017 7:10 am

Post by Fluminator »

He adds to Ephraim being a terrible prince. Ephraim is so oblivious to everything around him he didn't notice Lyon's insecurities, just like he doesn't notice Innes straight up despises him.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I'd play echoes but I can't afford a 3DS yet.
I might still buy the game just so Nintendo knows I support their decision.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I wonder if the remaining ones would be censored if they were remade.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #53) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Fluminator »

True. But if they censor the incest tones, they'd have to substantially change the central plotline so I dunno. It's kind of why I am skeptical they'll even try to remake it.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #54) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Fluminator »

disgusting
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #55) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Heroes was surprisingly fun. Until the playbunny and bridal characters came out lol.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #56) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Heroes gave an epic battle between Ephraim and Chrom which was so much fun. It hasn't quite reached that pinnacle again yet though.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #57) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:37 am

Post by Fluminator »

Holy crap Fire Emblem 10 is hard. My units suck lol.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #58) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Fluminator »

Game is okay so far. At the moment I like Path of Radiance more probably because I am already attached to those characters. I assume that opinion will change when I get my old characters back.
Also, wow I die a lot.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #59) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:07 am

Post by Fluminator »

I recognize Sothe. Looks like he hasn't had the funds to by a shirt since the last game?
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #60) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Fluminator »

Spoiler:
HAHAHAHAHA
"Ike the father of Sothe's children"
I like Micaiah so far.

Also, did anyone from Serenes get killed?
Dog laguz kingdom is pretty interesting.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #61) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Fluminator »

Wow, the skill jump between my units is quite high. I have people like Nailiah and Tauroneo who can just destroy things, and people like Meg and Leonardo who can't even do more than 3 damage.
Vika looks like she's always stoned.
I like this Tormod group.
Pelleas needs to grow a spine. Izuka being on my team right now is throwing me off.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #62) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Yeah! Beat part 1. Blitzing through this.
Spoiler:
Jarod had a very strange villain arc lol. Alder sacrificing himself for him and then Jarod just going and killing some more people. Not quite how I expected him to go.
It was hard. I tried to limit using op units like Nailah and Black Knight. Not sure how excited I should be that Pelleas and Izuka are on the throne now. Oh well, looks like I can move to Elincia now!
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #63) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Yeah this is awesome. I'm so immersed I haven't been updating my thoughts because that's taking away from my actual play time.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #64) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:00 am

Post by Fluminator »

Play older games. They better ;)