[SETUP] Hollywood Mafia

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:49 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 22, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 19, Umlaut wrote:Win-lose records suggest towns do worse than random in general.
Is that actually true? Like pure random lynching gives atrocious town win records; I guess the question is how towns do compared to random lynching given the power assigned to them, which I don't know the actual answer for.
My experience is that town's performance relative to EV depends on the nature of the scum's nightkill. If scum can kill whoever they like without repercussions (other than the small disadvantage they get from potentially losing the kill-WIFOM battle), towns perform below EV (by a noticable, but not huge, margin). If scum have no nightkill at all, towns perform
well
above EV (EVs can be in the 20-30 range and nonetheless manage to produce balanced setups).

In this setup, scum don't quite have a free choice of who to kill, because they may need to take out a celebrity or a non-celebrity for theory reasons, but they still have a lot of freedom. As such, I'd expect town to play at EV or slightly below in practice.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”