podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Sat May 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 3, eagerSnake wrote:Podoboq thinks he protected SnarkySnowman from a kill. He's going to be mad at me when he realizes this is false and that there was no kills n0.
Not mad. I realized the chances were likely less than 50%, but it seemed reasonable enough that I should stick my neck out for her. Plus, I kinda wanted to bait the nightkill because I thought my role was comparatively bad.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Sat May 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 38, eagerSnake wrote:
@Mod: Does the "recruited goo" have the ability to recruit too? And if not; do they die when the original recruiter die?
Should I answer this? If so, how should I?

I don't want to give away whether or not the cult win con is still relevant, and I feel like all of this should be self-evident.
This is how I would do it:
Hypothetically, if a black goo is targetted by an action, the player that targetted them would become a black goo as well, with the same ability to recruit.

If the original black goo is eliminated, none of the black goos that they recruited would die along with them.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Sat May 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by podoboq »

Assuming all of those things are true, at least.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Sat May 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 42, eagerSnake wrote:Yeah that's all true and looks good to me. Especially coming from someone with the cult win con
Sweet.

As a moderator, my rule of thumb has generally been that once a role is revealed to exist, everything about how it works becomes public knowledge.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Sat May 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 823, eagerSnake wrote:
@Mod: Does the "recruited goo" have the ability to recruit too? And if not; do they die when the original recruiter die?
Hypothetically, if a black goo is targetted by an action, the player that targetted them would become a black goo as well, with the same ability to recruit.

If the original black goo is eliminated, none of the black goos that they recruited would die along with them.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Sat May 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 46, eagerSnake wrote:Podoboq, why do you think so many people have been deciding to take no action? I find that strange.
I think most of them are worried that the game will be too swingy if they do something. It's not like we have a cop that's just not acting.

Chickadee probably didn't want to reveal her ability day one.
Creature's being greedy and saving his shit.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Sun May 21, 2017 3:23 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 49, eagerSnake wrote:And this is why I push rule 13.
A50 is misinterpreting losing your previous role and abilities as no longer being affected by things that were already affecting you. Chickadee stole the vote, then switched alignments, and will not have her night action in the future. But she still stole the vote, so....

You're not saying anything wrong. They're misinterpreting you. That's on them, always. If they simply asked, "......wait, if Chickadee, a vote stealer, targeted a black goo, would they become a black goo and still steal their vote," they'd be fine, but they assume too much. This is also why I ask people to PM questions to me rather than post them in thread, so we don't flood the thread with rules questions, but people are still getting answers.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Sun May 21, 2017 3:25 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 50, Rautherdir wrote:Chickadee should die when town realizes she cannot double-vote anymore.
In post 51, Rautherdir wrote:And then massive will die because obvious source is obvious.
But since A50 seems to wrongly believe they're both cleared, someone will likely target one of them n2, and then there's more black goo. Specifically, A50 might hit chickadee with the nightkill, and then whoopsiedaisy.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #8) » Sun May 21, 2017 3:56 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 841, Creature wrote:I think we could make the Black Goos claim (if they have more than one) and we all target them.
Spoiler:
ImageCults are somehow the best and worst at the same time.

Also, this screws TheBrie really hard.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #9) » Sun May 21, 2017 5:23 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 56, GinghamDog wrote:What if town willingly joins the cult and battles scum together? They'd lose their abilities but at least they'd have larger numbers.
Scum can join the cult, too. Very player still alive can win if they choose to join the cult, except for TheBrie.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #10) » Sun May 21, 2017 6:07 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 58, eagerSnake wrote:Mafia cannot.join the cult in this game

I explicitly put when a *town* player targets you in the role
Oh, oops. MUCH more fun that way.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #11) » Sun May 21, 2017 9:00 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 61, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 52, podoboq wrote:This is also why I ask people to PM questions to me rather than post them in thread, so we don't flood the thread with rules questions, but people are still getting answers.
Yeah I just don't like it when they then go into the thread and say like "the mod told me blah blah blah"

Especially when it confirms someone as a certain role or alignment or confirms someone is lying etc

I prefer to let scum attempt to manipulate people through misinformation and stuff
That's fair. I have pulled the old "I can neither confirm nor deny," in a lot of games myself.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #12) » Mon May 22, 2017 10:42 am

Post by podoboq »

I think it's adorable how confused people are by my info on Snarky. Like, I was expecting my role to flip, and everything would be explained, but not only was my role not revealed, but I'm not there to explain it, and that's better for me because it helps ensure a goo victory.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #13) » Mon May 22, 2017 11:05 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 67, eagerSnake wrote:Well java has your role now. Maybe he knows the deal?
In post 884, Javajoe24 wrote:I might consider a SS lynch because post flipping goo makes me question SS from yesterday.
I don't think he realizes it was my role.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #14) » Tue May 23, 2017 9:59 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 75, eagerSnake wrote:All town has to do is lynch snarky and the tables have turned
I'm glad to have thrown a giant wrench into that.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #15) » Wed May 24, 2017 10:34 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1009, Creature wrote:Normal meaning:
Absolutely = Completely, totally, the most positive possible

Mafiascum meaning:
Absolutely = Probably wrong
Creature's great.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #16) » Fri May 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 93, GinghamDog wrote:
In post 1094, Javajoe24 wrote:Here is a thought I hadn't considered.... what if chickadee is goo?
In post 1095, Javajoe24 wrote:Never mind, that's a stupid idea
Jesus Christ
It's like fucking poetry.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #17) » Wed May 31, 2017 1:48 am

Post by podoboq »

Chick has the chance to hammer A50 again, if she does it correctly.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #18) » Wed May 31, 2017 4:35 am

Post by podoboq »

Woot. Ooze wincon is actually plausible now.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #19) » Wed May 31, 2017 6:59 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 105, GinghamDog wrote:Only skimmed the thread... did Desp teach anyone else CPR?
We don't know. They're playing it secretly.

If he taught someone, that someone knows that they are supposed to shoot Chickadee tonight. If he didn't teach, HE will shoot Chickadee tonight. So they can WIFOM whether he will be doing the action or the unknown person he teaches.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #20) » Wed May 31, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 120, eagerSnake wrote:GuiltyLion got MUPd by Javajoe, and rolled a 3, which is kill
Fuckin wrecked

What's Guilty going to flip as? Will his original role show, or a mafia role card?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:26 am

Post by podoboq »

So I take it Desperado didn't teach anybody?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 127, eagerSnake wrote:So it looks like GuiltyLion is gonna die by MUP
Chickadee will die by CPR
And Desperado will turn goo and die by mafiakill
Any other actions from town?

If Massive is our only goo, I think goo loses. Chickadee's flip makes it pretty obvious.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by podoboq »

Has Creature even taken an action?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 133, eagerSnake wrote:The mafia decided to kill Javajoe rather than Desperado.
10 outta 10

Goo is still in it, kids.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:02 am

Post by podoboq »

With five alive, the game is actually over with the Goo winning if everyone plays correctly.

Massive and Desperado claim goo. Creature works with goo. The three of them are a solid block, and they lynch TheBrie today, because she won't play ball and lynching her won't end the game.

Creature targets either Massive or Desperado tonight and officially becomes goo. Tomorrow, whichever two of the three survive lynch Snarky. Game over. Goo wins. Three living players achieve their win condition (Creature, albeit, not achieving his given win condition).
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:23 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 187, Chickadee wrote:
In post 1224, TheBrie wrote:
Reasoning for scum!Snarky seems solid.

We've got to lynch Goo though, or we'll be 2-2 tomorrow and they win. They might still win, but I'm going for the narrow chance of escape. Sorry Desp.
VOTE: Desperado
:facepalm:
Makes sense for her. She can't win with the goo. Creature can.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:31 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 189, Chickadee wrote:
In post 188, podoboq wrote:
In post 187, Chickadee wrote:
In post 1224, TheBrie wrote:
Reasoning for scum!Snarky seems solid.

We've got to lynch Goo though, or we'll be 2-2 tomorrow and they win. They might still win, but I'm going for the narrow chance of escape. Sorry Desp.
VOTE: Desperado
:facepalm:
Makes sense for her. She can't win with the goo. Creature can.
Yea, but she hasn't yet realized she can't win with either side.
She can if they misplay effectively. Lynch goo today. Snarky kills remaining goo. Lynch Snarky tomorrow.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #28) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 229, eagerSnake wrote:Lol.

The way I see it is, if TheBrie and Creature are the only ones alive, it will go into an endless loop of nolynch and no action, therefore draw.
This is disappointing, but I agree.

Town needs no antagonizing force to win, and the Goo is an antagonizing force (albeit powerless).
Goo needs majority, which they cannot achieve.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:42 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1263, SnarkySnowman wrote:As podo's "investigative" on me, I feel like that's a red herring. He's goo, and that makes him someone to be targeted => goo gets more goo, is one explanation for why he'd do that.
This is a really smart argument. I doubt it will get a bite, because the argument that I was likely goo during day one has its own flaws, but this is some good supporting evidence.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:30 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 242, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 241, podoboq wrote:
In post 1263, SnarkySnowman wrote:As podo's "investigative" on me, I feel like that's a red herring. He's goo, and that makes him someone to be targeted => goo gets more goo, is one explanation for why he'd do that.
This is a really smart argument. I doubt it will get a bite, because the argument that I was likely goo during day one has its own flaws, but this is some good supporting evidence.
Census taker...
Yeah, as I said, it has flaws, but I think the argument is that I started the game as goo.

"podoboq's play baited town to target him (with investigation, protecting, or otherwise). That compounded on him flipping goo after night one implies that he was the starting goo."

I can see buying that.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:49 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1266, TheBrie wrote:Maybe scum remembered the revive was out there and guessed I was the most likely recipient.
But neither of you seem that smart.
fucking kek
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1266, TheBrie wrote:Maybe scum remembered the revive was out there and guessed I was the most likely recipient.
But neither of you seem that smart.
Brie, please sig this after the game. K thx
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #33) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1274, TheBrie wrote:One other point: I got the revive from GinghamDog. It's not provable, but you both know you haven't got it, no one who's died got it, and I doubt either of you would really think she gave it to the other one of you.
Now, if I have a revive and I'm scum, I've already won the game. If I'm lynched, I'll revive, and kill one of you tonight.
If I'm town and I get lynched, or if there's no lynch, scum still picks off the other townie and we lose.
So even if you're not sure I'm town, there's no hope if you lynch me.
PERFECT

Image[/align]

Return to “Completed Game Topics”