The Challenge: Cutthroat - Game Over!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Shrek
Watcher

Pronoun: He

Post Post #175  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:28 pm

yellow for life

McMenno
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:29 pm

In post 175, Shrek wrote:yellow for life

Shrek
Watcher

Post Post #177  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:30 pm

that's what you teams see when you lose to yellow

Shrek
Watcher

Post Post #178  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:32 pm

anyway can i get a comp of all your discord names i want to make a yellow team chat

Shrek
Watcher

Post Post #179  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:33 pm

adding cc and pablito of course

pablito
Best LSG/MishMash Player

Post Post #180  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:41 pm

{Blue Team}

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

BROseidon, D3f3nd3r, Hachel Cedricson, Iprobablysuck, JDGA, pickemgenius, SensFan, Save the Dragons

{Yellow Team}

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Adorabebs, Cheery Dog, grumpy, racefan, randyknup, Shrek, TheWayItEnds, Xalxe

{Purple Team}

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Aurathebirb, Flameaxe, KingdomAces, kdowns, McMenno, PrivateI, Radical Rat, SummerInWonderland
Last edited by pablito on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sup, later.

Aurathebirb
Watcher

Post Post #181  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Yellow is the color of cowardice. Its a perfect fit for yinz. :cool:

When's the challenge?

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #182  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:41 pm

In post 181, Aurathebirb wrote:yinz

figured out why you're a Morasca stan
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog

Happy Scumday!

Post Post #183  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:42 pm

{Episode 01 Challenge}

Superfight

Congratulations on your team selection. In Cutthroat, you live and die with your team. You will all win together for immunity, or you lose and will have to send one player to the Fortress, where only one player returns. Your team has now been set, and there is no way to change your team unless you choose to mutiny later on. I hope you like your teams :lol: Remember that first and foremost, Cutthroat is a team game. There is no individual winner, only the best team will win.

Hopefully your captains have selected a good team in which team members have strengths in different areas. No single challenge skill will help you get to the final challenge. Let's get to your first team challenge. In each team challenge, teams will work to defeat the other two teams to be victorious. The winner of the team challenge will gain safety. The other two teams will have to go through the Fortress selection process where two players will be sent into the Fortress.

This challenge will test your ability to be convincing and charismatic. Based on the card game Superfight, teams must now try to convince a panel of anonymous judges that their character can win the fight. This will be done by drawing cards and debating characters and their attributes. For basic rules or an overview of the actual game, click here. However, this challenge is using a modified set of the rules.

As a team, you will be given 15 white cards, all of which are people, characters or things of some sort. This will represent your superhero in the fight. As a team, you must decide who will use which white card. Each player must select exactly one white card character, and the remaining are discarded for this challenge. Black cards are adjectives or modifiers and will either strengthen, weaken, or just weirden your character. Your team will be given 30 total black cards. As a team, you must decide which player gets which black cards. Each player must take exactly 3 black cards. During gameplay, 1 black card will be added by a player on their own character. The other 2 black cards will be played on their opponents' characters. During the opening "team phase" it is not required to know which black card will be played on which opponent. The first step is to ensure that all 8 players have exactly 1 white card and 3 black cards to take to their individual battles.

Once the initial "team phase" is over, each player will be in a battle along with two other opponents, each one from a different team. To start, each player must announce their white card and their opening black card to modify their character. Once these are announced, the other players have 12 hours to play a black card on each of their opponents. This must be done in thread and there is no order necessary. The earlier that this is announced, the more time that players will have to argue their case. Failure to complete this step within the 12 hours will mean that the black cards will be randomized and selected on behalf of a player. At this point each player should have one white card (character) that has three black cards (modifiers). Based on this set-up, each player must now argue on behalf of their character on why their character would win a fight against the other two. Please be civil and ensure that all posts follow the rules of Cutthroat as well as the Boilerplate Rules of mafiascum.net. The discussion will continue until DEADLINE. Once deadline hits, our panel of judges will rank each of the characters in the fight based on who would win. These votes will be tabulated and the winner will be the player who has the highest average ranking of the three.

Teams are not allowed to discuss with other team members during the Battle Phase. Team discussion is only allowed during the Team Planning Phase. This challenge will last 72 hours. 12 for Planning Phase, 12 for Black Cards, 48 hours for the Battles. The judges will then read the battle and rank order who they believe was the Winner, Middle, and Loser of each battle. After all ranks are tabulated, the player in this match-up with the best average score will gain 2 points, the second-best average score will gain 1 point, and the lowest average score will gain 0 points. The team who gains the most points will win this challenge and be safe. If there's a tie, the team with the most 2-point battles will win. If there remains to be a tie, then the team that has the highest character count in their posts overall will win the tiebreaker. Both losing teams will send a player into the Fortress through the standard selection process, where the loser is eliminated and the winner will be given the opportunity to mutiny to the other losing team.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12
"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy
"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety
"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf

Shrek
Watcher

Post Post #184  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:43 pm

and to think i almost picked you aura

Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #185  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:43 pm

Can we use #D4AF37 for the Yellow text?
"I used to think that votes equaled pressure, too, back when I was alive. I've learned a lot since then. You know what does equal pressure? Pressure. Pressure equals pressure. Crazy, huh?"

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #186  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:44 pm

That doesn't look great on Sepia.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog

Happy Scumday!

Post Post #187  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:45 pm

everyone just use MafBlack
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12
"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy
"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety
"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf

Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #188  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:45 pm

You were the one who specifically recommended it for Sepia when I was making the Upcoming Game Ideas thread.
"I used to think that votes equaled pressure, too, back when I was alive. I've learned a lot since then. You know what does equal pressure? Pressure. Pressure equals pressure. Crazy, huh?"

Shrek
Watcher

Post Post #189  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:46 pm

that's not 72

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #190  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:46 pm

In post 188, Haschel Cedricson wrote:You were the one who specifically recommended it for Sepia when I was making the Upcoming Game Ideas thread.

sounds fake but okay

pablito
Best LSG/MishMash Player

Post Post #191  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Team planning phase began at 7:00pm EST. All white cards must be selected within 12 hours. After that point, your opponents will be revealed and the next phase will begin. If all white cards are selected early, we will move onto the next phase.
Sup, later.

Flameaxe
Comma Police

Post Post #192  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:47 pm

fake news already huh
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~

McMenno
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:48 pm

In post 186, Xalxe wrote:That doesn't look great on Sepia.

sepia sux

Adorabebs
Watcher

Pronoun: She

Post Post #194  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Oh hey I actually know how to play this game!

pablito
Best LSG/MishMash Player

Post Post #195  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Matchups:

1. Hachel Cedricson vs. randyknup vs. Aurathebirb
2. Iprobablysuck/DisplayName vs. Xalxe vs. McMenno
3. SensFan vs. Cheery Dog vs. PrivateI
4. pickemgenius vs. racefan12 vs. KingdomAces
5. BROseidon vs. Adorabebs vs. Radical Rat
6. Save the Dragons vs. Shrek vs. kdowns
7. JDGA vs. grumpy vs. Flameaxe
8. D3f3nd3r vs. TheWayItEnds vs. SummerInWonderland

Later, you will be given access to a private topic for your matchups.

Teams are not allowed to talk with other teams about the challenge. Clearly you can chat with teammates right now to determine cards. It is okay to start selecting black cards for yourself, but you cannot play them on other players yet, because you won't know which character they have.
Last edited by pablito on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sup, later.

randyknup
Watcher

Post Post #196  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Matchup 1.... nerve wracking

Iprobablysuck
Townie

Post Post #197  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:19 pm

Oh man match 2 is gonna be hilarious
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Adorabebs
Watcher

Pronoun: She

Post Post #198  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Matchup 5 will guaranteed be a matchup

Shrek
Watcher

Post Post #199  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:25 pm

indeed

PreviousNext
[ + ]