League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri May 20, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Egopost
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (isolation #1) » Sat May 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Rumble ult is a cc in the form of a slow natively on top of typically building rylai's and on top of that has a more controllable casting aoe and does FUCKTONS OF DAMAGE.

Taliyah ult is a form of Longer-lasting, longer-ranging Anivia wall creation with a significant delay.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (isolation #2) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I recently had the pleasure of going 5/2/9 on Taliyah jungle, and it felt great to barely do as much damage as the bard support. I managed to Be Helpful with the ultimate in order to Secure Kills (split my team off from kills and get them myself).
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (isolation #3) » Tue May 24, 2016 12:19 am

Post by RayFrost »

There are items that inflict grievous wounds that are pretty good in this game.

Has silver not heard of these items yet?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (isolation #4) » Tue May 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

That's basically the state of facing a nocturne in general though: get him peeled off you, or die.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (isolation #5) » Wed May 25, 2016 1:46 am

Post by RayFrost »

I've been the support in matches where we in bot lane got hard ganked by rek'sai tunnel into an immediate double tp on that tunnel + tower dive. Twice. Along with several roam ganks and rek'sai basically living down bot.

If our team hadn't reacted, we probably woulda just been completely crushed. There's a line between what you can do alone and what you need your team to make up for. The first double tp I died but saved my adc, second double tp we had to flash to live, other ganks were turned around by teammate counter-ganking with tp + jungle presence. After a certain point, there's only so much you can individually do in the team game.

But something that helps with this is
politely
informing your team of events and what you think will be happening in the future, and playing in a way that minimizes your chances of Death By Goon Squad. I.e. being willing to sacrifice three minion waves while they freeze the lane because "oh yeah we kinda know as soon as we walk up we're gonna get jumped" - you lose out, but you're going to miss the gold and xp anyway if you die.

There's also a point where you gotta just admit laning phase isn't going to go well for you and force a group. If you're getting hard rocked in bot or being forced to do nothing, choose to just go mid and push that down early, then go top and push that down, then get rift herald on your top laner, then snowball that as much as possible. You'll maybe lose a tower and have to fight at dragon instead of doing rift, but either way. You've forced laning phase to end to a point - and if they take your tower, you can often freeze the lane on your side of the map. It'll open things up for them, but you've already opened the map for the rest of your team (which decreases the pressure of the bot lane roam).
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (isolation #6) » Sat May 28, 2016 11:43 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 187, Dwlee99 wrote:Bronze - Plat supports not as huge of a difference in play level
High diamond / challenger supports are godlike.
This guy.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #7) » Sat May 28, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I agree with panzer's ranges. Would consider putting the bronze in support and the silver in jungle instead.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (isolation #8) » Sat May 28, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I'd be willing to do that provided I got to pick the rest of the team.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:11 am

Post by RayFrost »

ConebreadIH is the mafiascum user IH.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by RayFrost »

In high level play, having strong pushing power is very very important. It enables wave control when you can choose to push or not (champions that can harass without pushing are best for this). Vlad shoves like a god but doesn't have to in order to trade in lane.

Additionally, his aoe is great, and the fact that his q gives him movespeed / his e slows (in an aoe!) enables for better kiting when being chased or chasing than he had before the rework. His damage scaling was massively improved and his survivability as well (which for a damage over time mage is very relevant).

He's a hard to kill split pusher that destroys mages in lane.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:19 pm

Post by RayFrost »

The algorithm isn't tuned for supports, period.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:55 am

Post by RayFrost »

83 cs is also super low. It doesn't compare to your *team* it compares to *other cho'gath players* and my average cho'gath game (even bad ones) are 100-200+ cs.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by RayFrost »

In post 459, lil g wrote:I wouldn't go so far as to say it's your "fault" when you get beat by someone better than you, I'd say it's your fault when you just relentlessly feed and mentally give up because you're playing someone better than you.

You can lose a lane quietly and still keep it close, give up what you have to, and get what you can, even if all you can get is experience and no cs. Experience and no cs is infinitely better than dead. If you keep your lane close you can sneak out to grab some jungle or look for a gank, and if someone else is significantly ahead on your team, you still have a game when you get out of laning.

If there were less 0-4 laners in this game it would be a much better game, because you would get to actually play it a lot more.
I agree with lilg.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by RayFrost »

If you can guaranteed kill someone, that's forcing them to be 4v5 at which point you've got your q for the aoe damage and such. You've already removed one person, so the fight's easier that way.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:01 am

Post by RayFrost »

Soloq is a wall that I've been having the pleasure of crushing me lately. It feels great to watch helplessly as the world burns around me when all I did was grow some really nice flowers.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:31 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 511, notscience wrote: Stormraiders is a niche item, which requires strong burst which can then allow for sticking power, a fast escape, whathaveyou. I've seen people run this on Mordekaiser, Vladimir (I don't know what his pref is but I have seen stormraiders vlad) and iirc Faker runs it on Zed.
Also cassiopeia.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:11 am

Post by RayFrost »

SotA scales too slowly outside the jungle to be an efficient choice for laning, though.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:45 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 524, notscience wrote:
In post 517, Iecerint wrote:I think SotA is also good on anyone with health scaling.
I have to look up the skills, but I am pretty sure that grasp is stronger on those laners with health scaling. Iirc they just changed grasp to a percent of YOUR max health, so while yes, SotA could increase the scaling on, say, Voli's bite or Tahm Kench's passive, I think it would end up being negligible given the percentage from Grasp.
Grasp has always been a percent of your max health.

The change they made was that, instead of healing you for 2.5% of your max and dealing that much in damage, it instead heals you for 1.5% while dealing 3% in damage.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:11 am

Post by RayFrost »

I personally find zac more fun than lissandra. But I enjoy champions with really high base damage that can afford to build tankier in a general sense anyway.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:36 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 601, Accountant wrote:Dragons have an important but often understated advantage -
psychological warfare
. I can't count the number of times we took two dragons, stole the third, then they just gave up or tilted and we cruised to victory.
I'm sorry but your aggressive mindgames aren't welcome.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:14 am

Post by RayFrost »

Or call people out for being metaslaves then dominate the game and show them the power of your metabreaker mastery
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:02 am

Post by RayFrost »

If you are trying to build armor have you considered not getting hit and then hitting them harder?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:21 am

Post by RayFrost »

Zoraster is correct.

Zhonya is a hilarious option into zed if your GA is down and you wanna buy a different item though! just make sure your team can kill him.

Also hilarious is not equal to good.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:19 am

Post by RayFrost »

Zhonyas makes it less likely you get murderized after zhonyas than after GA. GA gives you a longer period of invulnerability.

And in the case of an adc with no escapes, you're left in the same awkward position of "everything is standing on top of my body waiting to kill me"

There is no actual viable argument for zhonya's hourglass being a better item than guardian angel on any ADC.

Unless we're talking about hilarity. In which case zhonya's is vastly more hilarious.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by RayFrost »

The best cases are still terrible and not worth it instead of GA, for the record.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by RayFrost »

In post 710, animorpherv1 wrote:I don't know why I bother with ranked. It's not like climbing past gold as support (jungle primary but lets be honest) is even possible solo.
[Currently at 58 lp plat 1 as a soloq support main]
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I mean, I had to climb out of gold as a soloq support main.

I was thinking of leveling an account to 30 to run support only from bronze to plat but the process of leveling an account to 30 is more painful than trying to teach really stubborn people that they need to change their worldview a bit.

If you want some climbing tips, here are a few: go for champions that are very very clear in what they do. Pick more according to your lane than to your team if you have to choose. Never build sunfire cape on a support.
Last edited by RayFrost on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Dynamic queue is not the solution to climbing.

I know someone that plays dynamic queue for basically all of his games. He's a support main.

He's stuck sitting in the same place down in gold 4/5. I've won 90% of the games I've played with him on my smurf and it doesn't help because he continues to butt his head into the wall without actually improving. He's genuinely a gold level player. His champ pool is limited. His build paths are incorrect. His decision making is wanting. When I give him advice, his reply is "but I just like doing it this way."

He is a friend, so I don't give him the harsh truth, but the harsh truth is that dynamic queue is more likely to hold you back than push you forward, and that unless you improve how you play and break all your habits of "I just like doing it this way" and start to actively think about what could be better than what you're doing and spend time actually planning each move that you're going to do before you do it consistently, you're not going to climb. This is true no matter what level you're at. If you're not climbing, the only factor you can influence is how well or poorly you are playing. Work on that and the rest will follow.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I don't know, maybe I'm missing the other pieces but I seem to have made a pretty picture anyway.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:11 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Majority of my games have no clear premades or if they are premade it's usually jungler + solo laner. I rarely if ever deal with premade bots and when I do it is usually an extremely easy shitstomp that makes me wonder how they ever even got to my elo to begin with.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:43 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Remember guys, sometimes you need to go into normals and just horse around.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (isolation #32) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by RayFrost »

As someone that has mained support since season 1, I would be very upset if it were removed.

I enjoy everything about the role and the champions in it (except bard, fuck him). I would not prefer to main something else. I
can
play other things well: my top lane play is of a similar level to my support play (if not better, given my 60% winrates across most of my top laners), and I could learn to mid or jungle at similar levels if I put in the time. ADC is too stressful for me.

Also, if you think about it the majority of players aren't all siphoned into one role. The majority do not play mid. The majority do not play top. Or adc. Or jungle. The population's too large for popularity to shift the weight of things that way.

And I hear tons and tons of complaints from people about every single role for different reasons. Let me list some of them.

ADC feels useless because itemization and mobility creep, bad supports ruin their influence, they take too long to ramp up to be useful, it's stressful having to avoid getting killed when everyone wants you dead.

Top feels useless because it's too far from the rest of the map so if your team does badly you can't win the game, it's an island until the enemy team comes to shut you down and then you get three man roamdove and it's awful because nobody ever wants to help you, it's too snowbally and just one kill completely ruins the lane, even if you win lane the teleport meta means they can just catch up and nullify kills that you do since they don't lose any cs (panzer's personal complaint).

Mid feels bad because it's impossible to handle being camped due to immobility, as soon as a lane loses that means everyone comes to your lane and you can't cs or do anything as your team takes all the farm and the enemy team destroys your tower, if the enemy gets blue buff you simply lose lane from the huge advantage if your jungler is selfish or needs blue, as a mage you can't carry as easily because you rely on burst damage and can't burst everyone.

Jungle feels useless because if all your lanes are losing you can't go anywhere and gank or you'll just get counterganked and make things worse but everyone yells at you if you don't and then yells at you when the countergank happens as if everything is your fault, it's impossible to influence the game as much as the enemy jungler as soon as they get ahead and so you end up losing control or even access to the game as they take your jungle, gank your lanes and control all the objectives, farming jungle is boring.

Supports feel like they have no impact if the team isn't doing well, it's hard to make up for a bad adc, everyone blames you if there's not enough vision at the exact moment and place they want it, you get none of the positive feedback from the team when things go well in bot lane, just sitting in lane and keeping another guy alive is boring.
Last edited by RayFrost on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (isolation #33) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by RayFrost »

It's the most consistent complaint I hear: "I can't influence the game easily, if enemy jungler gets a lead, I'm useless"

None of these complaints come from people who main these roles.

Virtually none of these complaints come from people in the higher elos (plat+). Higher you go, the more respect you have for the influence each role has in the game.

For me, support is the best role for me to minimize the impact of teammate "rng." Because it's what I'm best at. For you, a jungle main, jungle is easier. For hiplop, it's adc. For radiant cowbells, annie is the best role for him to minimize the impact.
Last edited by RayFrost on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by RayFrost »

How ridiculous these complaints about your main role seem to you should emphasize how ridiculous each of the complaints about the other roles seem to people who main those roles.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (isolation #35) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:22 am

Post by RayFrost »

Lee sin literally counters akali

Vayne literally dies to caitlyn karma
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (isolation #36) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I've seen teemos do well even in high elo so yeah. It's all about getting good at the champ. Play who you think is fun and go from there.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (isolation #37) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by RayFrost »

He loses 1/3 of his survivability per death and has to wait another 2 minutes' worth of time to regain it.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:54 am

Post by RayFrost »

I'd like to take part in these but I'm never on at the times there's enough people for it. Sadly.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (isolation #39) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:30 am

Post by RayFrost »

Yeah but vayne's build is awful, thresh's build is awful, and sion has infinite health scaling.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by RayFrost »

In post 958, lil g wrote: if you can have any fun in this game you're way ahead of ...well, all of us, I think.
I have fun in 95% of my games though
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Psyche do you not manage to have fun playing this videogame?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (isolation #42) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I think as long as you're getting this upset at how other people are doing in your blind pick normal games that you should really consider getting upset at yourself for not having less than 5 deaths every game or only having 130 cs in 35 minutes or building silly things instead of being gold efficient.

You could also choose to chill out a biit and just try to have a bit of fun with things instead of getting so riled up about your blind pick normal experience.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (isolation #43) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:45 am

Post by RayFrost »

Sometimes I think I should go back to maining Janna.

It's always fun when the game is basically you + your adc vs the world for 90% of a game and you win the 2 vs everything. (Our nid's score comes from only being a lil behind in lane and then sponging off trist and myself for scorepoints for the first 30 minutes)

Also I did more damage to champions than our kha'zix.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:04 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 999, Psyche wrote:i tried viktor but for some reason i just don't
him
I really don't like viktor much either.

Have you considered investing in Karthus? Syndra is also pretty good.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (isolation #45) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by RayFrost »

For perspective on how weak talon is in lane, you can even beat him pre-six in lane on karthus
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (isolation #46) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Yes
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (isolation #47) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:00 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 1034, Oman wrote:egopost
You're going to regret this.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1122 (isolation #48) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:32 am

Post by RayFrost »

Ryze ult is something riot threw in because they ran out of ideas, he was too powerful to add more damage too, and they didn't have a clear idea of what would fit his identity.

So they threw him a team-based TK ultimate.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (isolation #49) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:26 am

Post by RayFrost »

They changed it so support assists count the same as kills
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (isolation #50) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I played against a gold riven as karthus and it was hilarious because he didn't understand why I was obliterating his health bar at level one.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1218 (isolation #51) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by RayFrost »

The person playing riven was male. Please don't correct me when I use "he" or "she" to reference
actual people
instead of
their character in a video game
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (isolation #52) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:07 am

Post by RayFrost »

I'm pretty sure syndra is countered by zed.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1310 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:03 am

Post by RayFrost »

Quinn's q no longer makes Renekton's w miss, so I am not sure how that would impact the matchup. Used to be quinn just flat out won because of that bug.

Teemo's a lot less scary (for renekton, cho'gath, etc) now that everyone's building him ap. Renekton has sustain in his q, and mr isn't terribly expensive to get. AD teemo's poke was way more consistent and thus way more difficult to deal with. AP teemo just doesn't have that same level of sustained damage.

Darius' q outranges renekton, his cooldowns are slightly shorter on everything but e, and his ability to win extended duels is significantly higher (though renekton still has better burst damage potential). A key in this matchup is actually for darius to not use his q until renekton has used his e - gator can e into the q to avoid the blade and win the trade otherwise. Darius' passive means that he doesn't need the q to win trades as long as he can make them last a few seconds longer than renekton wants them to. Also, if you start w on darius and try for a level one all in, you should actually be able to win it (start corrupting potion so you can sustain through and add a bit more damage to your engage).

The darius vs renekton matchup is in Darius' favor, but the margin for error is higher than other good matchups into renekton.

Trundle beats renekton due to better dps, the ability to sustain through early trades because of his passive, and a much much more powerful late game presence.

Olaf works well into Renekton. He's got exceptional base damage which is sustained from low axe cooldown + low e cooldown (as long as you're fighting). He also has built in sustain on his w.

Kayle punishes Renekton fairly hard for any attempts to engage, pokes well, and has strong minion wave control. She also turns into a late game monstrosity.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:28 am

Post by RayFrost »

I'd argue that post-six akali just shreds teemo due to having three gap closers and low cd's on her burst damage (she also gets to build abyssal). Completely agree with the rest, though.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:44 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 1315, Randomnamechange wrote:Shen can take teemo apart if he can land taunts. If he gets a e + q + w trade off he can basically equal teemo's poke dmg over time
A major issue with shen is that him landing his engage isn't nearly as threatening as just about any other engaging melee champion in the game, damage-wise. It enables ganks well, but aside from that you're not really going to be like "oh no shen landed one engage, I am about to die or nearly die" - whereas if you get caught by renekton, xin, olaf, cho'gath, pantheon, et al and get all in'd, you're probably dead.

So if you aren't about to die, you can just kinda... keep hitting the guy as he tries to walk away after hitting you. Whereas against the aforementioned people, you're either dead or about to be if you keep hitting them, so you have to back off somewhat, leading to them to be able to walk away from you and wait for their cooldowns.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by RayFrost »

"My opponents are bad, so my opinion about how this should work, ceteris paribus, is correct" isn't really a good argument.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by RayFrost »

In post 1331, Accountant wrote:
In post 1324, RayFrost wrote:"My opponents are bad, so my opinion about how this should work, ceteris paribus, is correct" isn't really a good argument.
If your argument stems from the premise that your opponents are bad then the vast majority of the time it's valid until you're at a high enough elo that you won't be listening to internet arguments anyway
I dislike arguments based on people being "bad" because, for the most part, we are roughly equal to the people we are paired up against (assuming we belong in our elos). So, our opponents, relatively speaking, are not bad. They're average.

Ani: Dwlee was talking about top lane champions. You aren't really correcting him. And the whole thing of it is silly, anyway.

Also, low elo stomp champions include
  • . Honestly. It's the player, not the champion, that stomps.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (isolation #58) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:18 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 1371, Accountant wrote:That does make sense. I imagine he'd have good cs against champs who he can farm safely against like shen though
To be honest zac doesn't "farm safely" against virtually anybody. Even shen is a pretty active lane with him wanting to trade on q cooldown. It may just be that I'm playing at a high enough level that everyone knows how to trade with their champions to some extent, but zac's base autos aren't particularly impressive, and his abilities, while they do good damage, are all aoe (and don't do typically do minion-killing damage by themselves) which makes it harder to do controlled cs'ing with abilities (and trading makes you lose cs a fair amount of the time).

Against bad players who don't trade with me frequently, I can still farm respectably on zac, but he's a lot harder to cs with than most other top lanes I play. A major reason being that he has very farming-assist tools compared to the others. The others either deal tons of damage with their aoe tool (darius q, renekton q, rumble q, gangplank everything) or have point and click stuff (fiora q, teemo poison, shen q, gangplank everything).
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (isolation #59) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:29 am

Post by RayFrost »

I, too, love the blobman.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1382 (isolation #60) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:49 am

Post by RayFrost »

Accountant, what you've described is basically saying "they have read what the abilities of their champions are"

What ankamius is describing is "they have a sufficient understanding of the game and their place in it to perform higher level functions"

Any baddie can press w on soraka. It takes a good player to know when to silence.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (isolation #61) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:04 am

Post by RayFrost »

I know. I am saying any baddie can heal. Because that's how far removed what ank is talking about from what you were. ;)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1402 (isolation #62) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Annie if mid, kz if jungle, nautilus if top, caitlyn if adc, leona if support

Secondaries are karthus, graves, fiora, tristana, braum
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1411 (isolation #63) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:48 pm

Post by RayFrost »

hecarim / gragas / rek'sai jungle, caitlyn / trist adc, veigar / xerath / lux mid, volibear / rumble / maokai top

Listed in order of preference.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1442 (isolation #64) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Dark seal is good in cases where the other guy has some hard/impossible to avoid poke but is also squishy and killable - or when you're confident you're a thousand times better than your opponent and will killinate them over and over.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (isolation #65) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:46 am

Post by RayFrost »

You go cull in basically every lane if you have the spare gold for it.

The issue is that getting it immediately means you lose out on having the *option* to trade or be aggressive because you flat out just lose trades with the item difference.

Level two powerspike becomes less scary if you get it and more scary if they get it, etc, etc.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1479 (isolation #66) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:57 am

Post by RayFrost »

It's purely about the cdr. Other AD items are better than essence reaver aside from the fact it gives cdr.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (isolation #67) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:33 am

Post by RayFrost »

If you don't want the ghost's duskblade, IE/RFC/ETC is fine. Would not buy reaver.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1492 (isolation #68) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

rapidfirecannon, etcetera
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (isolation #69) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:46 am

Post by RayFrost »

Zyra's a perfect pick into janna, for those of you wondering.

I maintain a 90% winrate in the matchup.

I have also transferred my smurf from NA to the Japanese servers. So I'm currently plat 5 as of finishing my "placements" (two games). Now to see how much ping really impacts my performance.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (isolation #70) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:55 am

Post by RayFrost »

So I have been playing on the Japanese server in my spare time with a smurf a friend of mine helped me transfer over. Currently plat 5 in promos, and the game that got me 100 lp was pretty fun.

I like that a proper teemo build involves some actual thinking compared to what I do with most other champions these days.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1557 (isolation #71) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:14 am

Post by RayFrost »

Coincidentally, I was against a tryndamere in that game I just linked.

Teemo hilarious pick into trynd.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (isolation #72) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Zyra's primary purpose is zone control, and this zone control is there even if she is behind. Her ult is still an aoe .75 second knockup in a huge radius regardless of how much damage it does. Her slowing plants slow the same regardless of how much ap she has. Her damage output gets put behind a bit, but even that is not a huge difference in functionality for zyra's basic workings. She is not an assassin.

A behind zyra dies more easily, making it easy to snowball off of killing her. An ahead zyra kills you. An even zyra punishes your mistakes by enabling her team to destroy your team by virtue of significant aoe cc and vision and zone control.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (isolation #73) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I would argue that the vision provided by zyra is a pretty relevant part of her kit that is unique in its utility.

But the vision from placed seeds is laughable.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (isolation #74) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by RayFrost »

To be honest, liandrys is overrated and often a waste of gold compared to other items given that it relies on the opponents building health to be relevant.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1590 (isolation #75) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Then you are doing it right.

For games where you need help pushing, banner can be a good choice instead of locket by the way.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1600 (isolation #76) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:21 am

Post by RayFrost »

As someone that lives in Japan and is separated from other English speakers of board games, I have very few board gaming options (as my Japanese is not so good that I can explain the mechanics of board games too well - I could understand explanations to an extent). I've played Settlers of Catan once in Japanese (was also my first game of it).

Also played in person werewolf once in Japanese, moderated two games and played in one. The games only happened because a guy was going to host two different events and a total of like... 2 people showed up for each event and then a former student of his came to visit. Virtually zero interest.

League board game and most other board games have zero place in my life. As far as my functionality goes, they're dead until I get the funds to visit you people in the states or something.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1656 (isolation #77) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:00 am

Post by RayFrost »

Runaan's PD provides sufficient attack speed - if you need more, statikk shiv is the remaining option

I'd consider a pretty solid six item kalista build to be (in order of "in a vacuum, this should probably be bought in this order maybe?") runaan's, serkers, BT, pd, IE, merc scim / GA

Becomes less of a vacuum, becomes more specific
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1658 (isolation #78) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:15 am

Post by RayFrost »

If you're sure all you need is damage, the highest damage build is probably hurricane, pd, IE, BT, shiv

But that's never the case so listen to zito and build a qss

Also shiv technically is more damage output than pd in quite a few cases (and the extra movespeed on pd passive is somewhat wasted on miss jumpsalot), but pd's damage reduction passive is more relevant (it's also cheaper to buy)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (isolation #79) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 1659, zoraster wrote:does PD damage reduction proc on hurricane bolts?
To answer this, PD damage reduction passive only works on the most recently damaged champion. I believe this prioritizes your auto attack target, but I do not know for sure.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1756 (isolation #80) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:31 am

Post by RayFrost »

I've been coaching a friend out of bronze and so far he's silver 4 thanks to very active guidance about decision making, items, and stuff. Feels good to see progress made.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1804 (isolation #81) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by RayFrost »

So voice communication is also unethical then, accountant?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1813 (isolation #82) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by RayFrost »

In post 1810, Accountant wrote:
In post 1804, RayFrost wrote:So voice communication is also unethical then, accountant?
I mean, Riot provides in-game voice comm through garena talk, so it's clear they approve.
This doesn't exist in any other server.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1857 (isolation #83) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:46 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Complaining about being banned is silly and the people in the discussion thread you linked already explained why. "There are people who do worse things that aren't punished so I shouldn't get punished for doing a bad thing" is a silly argument.

If we replace the words in the sentence, we can demonstrate this clearly: "There are people who sell drugs and commit murder that haven't been arrested, so I shouldn't get arrested for stealing."
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (isolation #84) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I like victorious morgana, but I don't even really remember who the other victorious skins were for.

J4 / janna I think?

Who else?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (isolation #85) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:46 am

Post by RayFrost »

Music seems a bit loud to me, and the clips feel a tad short. On the one hand, they jump right into it (good for the flashing of riven ult), but on the other hand they jump right into it (not so good for the orianna teamfight clip).
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1938 (isolation #86) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:32 am

Post by RayFrost »

When it comes to adding time between clips, I feel letting the video play longer if there's all chat hype for it and simply using the extra time before the play happening as the transition when there isn't all chat hype is a good balance. Even if it's just an extra one or two seconds, it helps us to visually reorient to [suddenly, in mid lane]

The plays were pretty sweet, though! And I've seen several of them before in videos. I think you plays.tv'd them?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1981 (isolation #87) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:34 am

Post by RayFrost »

ADC positioning is "where can I stand that lets me shoot things without being at high risk of dying because I'm in that location?"
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2003 (isolation #88) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:38 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 2002, zoraster wrote:MF support shouldn't ever be picked.
I agree.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2150 (isolation #89) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by RayFrost »

That said ivern e is literally damage only from him a la sion w just cast on a different person, so it's unintuitive for him to not get those kills
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2153 (isolation #90) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:18 am

Post by RayFrost »

Face of the mountain doesn't do damage - it slows when it pops
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2187 (isolation #91) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:29 am

Post by RayFrost »

Utility supports are the heaviest skillcap in the game.

You have to handle your micro play which is adjusted to the micro play of your adc and handle macro play that is adjusted to the macro play of your team.

Bam.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2218 (isolation #92) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:17 am

Post by RayFrost »

Warlord's bloodlust trinity force phantom dancer zyra is the future
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2322 (isolation #93) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by RayFrost »

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2324 (isolation #94) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Riot really wants people to play Aurelion Sol, apparently.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2376 (isolation #95) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:16 am

Post by RayFrost »

The low cooldown + cc on her q and (usual) lack of 100-0 burst potential makes it a pretty good item on liss
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2383 (isolation #96) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I get that message pretty regularly after I report people, is that just me?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2422 (isolation #97) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Yeah I even talked with him about it.

He was in an dyrus video too.

Sadly he lost both games.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2424 (isolation #98) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by RayFrost »

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2458 (isolation #99) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I will never approve of ap sona
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2460 (isolation #100) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:52 am

Post by RayFrost »

I consider losing a 600 health shield per allied champion and a 500 heal per allied champion from locket / redemption to be more significant than dealing an extra 600 damage from her full rotation when going ap (if it is even that much?).

And I am not doing the math for what windspeakers / redemption bonus healing/shielding passive do to the numbers above, those are rough estimates of base healing / shielding

I think that if redemption / locket were to be nerfed then it might be viable to go ap on sona, but at the moment redemption is insane and has excellent synergy with locket, so
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2544 (isolation #101) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:05 am

Post by RayFrost »

The lethality of all of them apply to the item purchased, not to the lethality stat in general. If it is a unique passive, it's item-specific.

The case where this doesn't apply is when the unique passive is named. For example: cold steel from warden's mail and randuin's omen. They do not stack. Boots also don't stack, as the movement speed bonus is a Unique Passive named Enhanced Movement

Or the passive from the two hydras, the name of which I forget right now.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2550 (isolation #102) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:35 am

Post by RayFrost »

Mordekaiser is a fun champion.
Last edited by RayFrost on Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2552 (isolation #103) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:33 am

Post by RayFrost »

Strange, it cut off part of the image completely. Will fix in a sec.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2570 (isolation #104) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by RayFrost »

In post 2555, Papa Zito wrote:what the hell was Cait doing all game
Moving around. Somewhere. Trying really hard not to die or be near anything that does damages

The highest crit came from a headshot on minions I'm pretty sure. Didn't get much time to be part of the game with me winning 1v4s and lb cleaning up in cases I didn't / picking people off for free over and over.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2574 (isolation #105) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:41 am

Post by RayFrost »

Something you can do to make sure side waves push without anybody there is to kill off two of the ranged minions and in any even minion wave - this sets up a huge push for your side, though it takes time to build. Minions will be your sixth champion.

You do two because any more and the wave could push too quickly, leading to no actual huge minion wave. If you really want to do more, one extra melee minion should be the max.

If you do just one, then you're risking rng on the cannon wave + minion aggro pushing things back your way.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2683 (isolation #106) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 am

Post by RayFrost »

Cleaver is less expensive so it makes for a better mid-game powerspike, BT has more flat AD and the lifesteal procs off of your ravenous hydra (which death's dance does not) and the shield you gain from it enables you to take poke without taking real damage - you also run the risk of overstacking cdr which is inefficient
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2722 (isolation #107) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:14 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 2717, PJ. wrote:How is new aatrox?
So far, I like new aatrox more than old aatrox, but he still feels like he suffers from most of the same problems as before. They definitely strengthened his laning presence, but his teamfight presence is pretty much basically the same.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2741 (isolation #108) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:11 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 2739, Lycanfire wrote:Anyone else here play top lane? How do you decide when you end your laning phase?

If you take tp, you never really have to end "laning phase." You can roam, kill people, then tp back top to stop that guy you've been stomping all game from getting much farm.

Your goal should generally be, if you're snowballing, to get first tower gold + rift herald, then roam down for dragon(s), b / tp back to top lane, use rift herald to make diving them if they're alone free, until your team's caught up and has taken their towers / etc. Then you rotate down to bot, push with rift and bring down several people - tell your team ina dvance that you're going to split and to prep for baron.

If you're strong, they'll consistently send more than one person after you, which enables your team to baron rather freely if you either 1) win the 1v2 or 2) escape without dying and make yourself available to tp to help.

If you've succesfully snowballed yourself ahead, you can often win 1v2s, so this means you're able to push people through their towers, dive and kill them, push then flank on a teamfight, etc.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2744 (isolation #109) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:13 am

Post by RayFrost »

If you aren't taking tp, you're forced to end laning phase sooner after you snowball so that you can abuse your mid-game advantage enough that the rest of your team gets ahead so that your opposing laner's farm advantage or catchup doesn't mean anything.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2763 (isolation #110) » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:13 am

Post by RayFrost »

Maokai's e was never a truly super significant part of his kit. His q is what you max and has been his main source of damage for the tanky build.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2857 (isolation #111) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Spoiler: This is how my pentakills happen

Note that I'm level 18 full build and enemy caitlyn is level 13 and has three items + boots.

This is the only way I ever get pentakills now.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2861 (isolation #112) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by RayFrost »

In post 2858, Nosferatu wrote:how was it still 32v36 if you were that ahead?
My team may have been dying, but I was about... 28-30 of our 36 kills, I think? And I had 300+ cs. This was normals with some friends of mine. Edit: Just checked, and I was 26/4/5 with 336 cs. It was not a fair game.

To be honest, all I really wanted to say is basically none of my pentakills take much if any skill on my part.

If you want a more "I started about even" pentakill, orianna is pretty good for setting that up.
Last edited by RayFrost on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2873 (isolation #113) » Sun May 14, 2017 10:58 pm

Post by RayFrost »

So I decided to change up my masteries and runes a bit lately and my games have felt so much cleaner.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2875 (isolation #114) » Mon May 15, 2017 2:30 am

Post by RayFrost »

It's probably stuff most people already do, but I'm taking explorer instead of tough skin on my non-melee supports.

Going hybrid pen on lulu instead of flat spellpen

And I'm buying mobility boots early whereas before I never bought them like they were the plague
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2896 (isolation #115) » Fri May 19, 2017 12:32 am

Post by RayFrost »

Being an asshole isn't a strategy, it's a condition.

One that isn't terminal but is still very problematic.

The fix requires great personal growth and change.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2907 (isolation #116) » Fri May 19, 2017 2:22 am

Post by RayFrost »

Panzer and Zito are right.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2977 (isolation #117) » Sat May 27, 2017 4:40 am

Post by RayFrost »

1v2 me bros
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2993 (isolation #118) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:40 pm

Post by RayFrost »

So I've just done some testing and realized that gargoyle stoneplate's health bonus counts for the locket of the iron solari active's health scaling. Which is insane.

Let's say you have a full build, level 18 nautilus with the following items: ninja tabi, locket, stoneplate, abyssal mask, dead man's, righteous glory + elixir. Not a terribly unusual build.

That's 3514 health with veteran's scars. Locket gives 434 (level scaling) + 531 (health scaling) for a total of 965 health shielded per person on your team.

Activating stoneplate gives you an additional 3514 health. This is an additional 1229.9 bonus shield. For a total of 2194 health shielding. Per person.

Without even calculating effective health, you can grant your team a total of over 10,000 bonus health.

Mind you locket shield active lasts 2.5 seconds, so it is unlikely that all of this bonus health will be burned through.

However, just looking at is at a concept, this effectively doubles the health bar of your squishies for 2.5 seconds at your discretion during a teamfight. Doubling the health bars is literally granting stoneplate's active to your squishies without the damage reduction deficit.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2997 (isolation #119) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:08 am

Post by RayFrost »

It's worth noting that even without a full build late game scenario, you're looking at having a similar impact even in the midgame.

As enemy assassins will be weaker, you'll need less health to have the shield strength negate them, so smaller shield is still serving the same function.

Randomidget also gets it. I'm looking at the impact of introducing health scaling on locket in terms of how it would work on cinderhulk jungles or tanky top laners.

If you take a Zac with veteran's scars, cinderhulk, and locket + stoneplate at level 9, you get a shield worth 691 health.

At level 18 with spirit visage dead man's, you get a shield worth 2804.

It's a really good shield even early on and turns into a monstrous one later. The cost of stoneplate / locket is 4700 gold for a combination that effectively doubles your adc's health bar in late game.
Last edited by RayFrost on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2999 (isolation #120) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:22 am

Post by RayFrost »

The potential of this to consider is also the fact it enables squishier team compositions overall: a carry jungler with a squishy support is still workable because they get two health bars. And squishports are usually the people who run redemption.

So you can have your people get chunked, pop the redemption, pop the stoneplate locket, have them get healed back to full off redemption while locket eats up all the damage in the second rotation. You've negated two rounds of burst in extended fights, effectively, and enabled yourself to have more damage pumped out in the process.

And this is without considering the super special lulu ult counting as bonus health interaction on top of everything else lulu does.

Fucking lulu.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3001 (isolation #121) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:58 am

Post by RayFrost »

I specifically mentioned lulu ult because it gives bonus health, which, at rank 3, stacks with the stoneplate active for 1200 base bonus health on target stoneplate user, which adds an additional 432 health on the locket shield for a maximum total of 3360 (1200 from stoneplate synergy + 2260 from locket and stoneplate synergy) health given just from her pressing the button with 0 ap.

I just realized that this isn't actually completely accurate math because they made the locket's health scaling scale with levels from 2-36%

So I'd need to adjust my math for that, but yeah.

Last edited by RayFrost on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3003 (isolation #122) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:17 am

Post by RayFrost »

Looking at a max rank max level bonus to locket's item efficiency when combined with stoneplate, lulu ult could be seen to be worth around 8960 gold without the knockup or slow effects or any ap, assuming locket shields the entire team. Each missed person is slightly less than 1200 gold value lost.

So, stoneplate and locket become vastly gold efficient just by having a lulu press r, without any other health items or health bonuses taken into account (they cost 4700 gold total). Given you start with more than 0 max health, the efficiency of these two items in combination is absolutely nutty. Worth noting is that stoneplate is 121.6% gold efficient without its active if the passive is in effect. Locket becomes gold efficient when it provides 195 health shielding.

After a certain point there's probably a case of it being of little to no value to have that much shielding (and, therefore, that much health) because people aren't burning through that number, but I've no clue how to reasonably calculate that. If you could figure that out, you could probably optimize health amounts or whatever and min/max team composition / item building around it.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3019 (isolation #123) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by RayFrost »

In post 3017, Draynth wrote:Lee Sin / J4 botlane season 2 and 3 was so much fun

(Lee can w to j4's flag so it makes for some great plays if you're premade / on voice comms)
Isn't the classic pantheon j4 just because SPEARS SPEARS SPEARS SPEARS SPEARS
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3029 (isolation #124) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by RayFrost »

New duskblade on akali seems p. good.

Also would be interested in playing with any and all scummers
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3044 (isolation #125) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:23 am

Post by RayFrost »

So I got an ezreal penta and then lost, was great fun. I tested duskblade on ezreal and I think it's actually pretty good. Procs on every q from out of vision. Maybe not so good scaling though idk?

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3046 (isolation #126) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Ezreal has better survival capabilities than jhin, and his q procs the duskblade passive to enable him to do it several times from ducking in and out of vision.

So you're getting several empowered autos off in poke, and the lethality helps strengthen the damage from both the muramana and trinity force procs (in addition to getting the 10% cdr from building it).
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3063 (isolation #127) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Post by RayFrost »

With the help of Andrius, I have found true love.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3102 (isolation #128) » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Can honestly say league as a game is better now than it was several years ago.

The people are the same, but there's more of them.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3111 (isolation #129) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:34 am

Post by RayFrost »

My early community experience was p. good outside of MS and bad inside MS

MS community experience has improved

League community experience has overall stayed the same ime

But it's a large game with a large population, so ymmv
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3164 (isolation #130) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:14 am

Post by RayFrost »

Hecarim is an undead centaur.

In other words, he is a spectaur.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3172 (isolation #131) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Post by RayFrost »

In post 3170, Psyche wrote:anyone want to give me their champion pool for a role and get some scores/recommendations generated?
Support: Janna, zyra, lulu, leona, thresh, nautilus, sona, soraka

Top: Renekton, nautilus, darius, malphite gragas, pantheon, irelia, kled

Mid: Karthus, anivia, lux, kassadin

Jungle: Amumu, j4

ADC: Lucian, Jhin, Ezreal
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3177 (isolation #132) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Explanations would be great because I am too dumb to understand
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3185 (isolation #133) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I wish I was playing league with scummers
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3201 (isolation #134) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Does that mean I should stop my current "it's nearing end of season, let's start climbing for real" aim toward diamond
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3203 (isolation #135) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I dunno, I won 10 games in a row and it seems to be going fine for me.

I'm also not super invested to find games unenjoyable because people are trying to win in a competitive environment
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3220 (isolation #136) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Karma's ridiculous base damage, low cooldowns, and good mobility make for an easy to abuse trinity force kit - combine with ignite for maxerino cheeserino

Also my ping on NA has been 300+ with packet loss, and it's NA server-side since I have no issues on JP server or playing any other game or w/e and this is kinda annoying - I was gonna push for diamond this season, dangit.

so I've been puttering about on JP server, went from gold 1 to plat with a 95% winrate, feelsgoodman. JP server so weak I get away with playing just about anything. I even got a karthus penta. It's been fun.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3304 (isolation #137) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:49 pm

Post by RayFrost »

As someone with a billion champion shards for free, I can just hoard those and reroll into new champions. And spend my BE on random worthless nonsense like emotes. Heh.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3325 (isolation #138) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:45 pm

Post by RayFrost »

yeah but what about kleptomancy lucian for maximum quicktrade gold value
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3367 (isolation #139) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:30 am

Post by RayFrost »

It's a fun idea that doesn't work in practice for most things, imo
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3381 (isolation #140) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Traditionally, inhouses had problems when... one side would mess around doing "fun" things and get stomped by the other side who were playing to win.

And then there'd be complaints on both ends about what went down.

Or there'd be complaints about team balance.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3384 (isolation #141) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I agree that we should inhouse again, inhousing is fun.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3450 (isolation #142) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:03 am

Post by RayFrost »

Camille is also a fairly aggressive dive champion.

Panzer's assessment is pretty spot on here.

Shyvana is one of those champions where most fights are unfair in her favor by virtue of the fact she's shyvana.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3485 (isolation #143) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:35 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Vayne was also the champion I died the most to. 167 times. Yasuo was the one I killed the most. 214 times.

Andrius is an assisting machine. (And panzer's kda is nuts)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3493 (isolation #144) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:22 am

Post by RayFrost »

Vaynes end up killing me the most because she's super popular so across a larger span of games there's going to be more deaths even though I'm like 99% sure my winrate into vayne is positive
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3497 (isolation #145) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by RayFrost »

My highest losing to was an 80% loss rate to mordekaiser.

I've seen Morde maybe five times this entire year.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3533 (isolation #146) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:42 am

Post by RayFrost »

In my experience, wards are useful - the players just don't make use of them.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3551 (isolation #147) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:07 am

Post by RayFrost »

I have found players to be equally toxic regardless of where I am at.

The insults just change a little.

In bronze, people said to just play ai.

In silver, people said you belonged in bronze.

In gold, people said you were a silver scrub.

In plat, people said you were boosted.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3607 (isolation #148) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Post by RayFrost »

How can the previous direct damage nerfs be a buff she dropped to literally the lowest winrate champion in the game that's not due to lowkey buffs mate

If you're talking about the 8.5 changes, those haven't happened yet and it's definitely a buff (they say it is) but how much of one is T B D
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3641 (isolation #149) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:34 am

Post by RayFrost »

Hi panzer lesgo
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3686 (isolation #150) » Thu May 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Post by RayFrost »

When in doubt, play cho'gath.

Problem solved.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3748 (isolation #151) » Mon May 28, 2018 10:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Hecarim, fiora, lux, ezreal, zed
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3771 (isolation #152) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:43 am

Post by RayFrost »

A reminder that cho'gath is a fun champion and has always been a fun champion

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3968 (isolation #153) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:43 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Psyche, not sure about your depth of interest in sports psychology but A professional in the field has a youtube channel that dates back years with lots of videos. In case you're interested.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3977 (isolation #154) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by RayFrost »

If you're rolling with tryndamere, other splitpushers, then you need to learn how to effectively escape when people come for you, or how to turn those collapses around. Knowing your damage output, and warding properly, with a lil bit of map awareness, makes for a solution to this.

You also need to learn how to manage minion waves.

Most games in your elo will devolve into either a game of aram, with both sides running at each other until one breaks, or a game of people wandering around the map doing nothing until someone gets caught by other people wandering around and dies.

The way to punish this is learning how to start a slowpush on one side of the map (top or bot), then pushing the other side. A slowpush is essentially a case where you go to a perfectly even set of minions (let's say 3 melee 3 casters), and you kill one or two of the casters. That's it. Now your minions have a number advantage. You leave, the wave will slowly stack up and become a monster wave that will push for you on that side of the map.

Then you go to the
other
side of the map. Start manually pushing that. The enemy team won't be able to wander mindlessly, and they'll likely try to collapse on you. If you're playing trynd, you have a lot of escape potential with your e, your ult, and the threat of you turning to kill squishies if they try to engage on you carelessly. You don't even have to live for this to work, since the massive wave will take a tower while they burn time trying to get rid of you.

This way, the rest of your team can be sitting in front of dragon pit for three minutes waiting for it to spawn, and you'll still have pressure on a different part of the map.

If you can't make your team work with you, make the minions do it. They're the same thing, anyway.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3979 (isolation #155) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Post by RayFrost »

They can't disrupt every single one, surely.

Surely.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4056 (isolation #156) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I've gotten towers pre-14 on renekton, lissandra, and some bot lane matchups with varying degrees of jungle help, and I have seen towers busted pre-14 by bot laners, top laners, and mid laners.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4058 (isolation #157) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

To be fair panzer, you're limited by the fact that your back timing and wave management are your two weakest points. Which are the two points most needed to get in that work on the tower.

If you wanna brute force it though, just take demolish. Easy money.

Return to “The Arcade”