Open 684: Stacking the Deck (Game Over!)

MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (isolation #200) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:19 am

Post by MMM »

That said if Comm is town Shin+fitz would be my scum team. And despite me not liking the way he does things most of his posts just reek of town motivation and the two things combined are why I've been so changing my mind on his read the entire time.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (isolation #201) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:21 am

Post by MMM »

In post 1390, havingfitz wrote:Also...the fact you guys have been 1v1 for so long probably means at least one of you is scum. You def aren't both town.
I've been waiting to see whether Aubrey or Shin post something as blatantly opportunist as this, but since neither has so far, I can't be sure of which of them is scum with fitz.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (isolation #202) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:44 am

Post by MMM »

In post 1421, Shinobi wrote:Pretty sure fitz advocated lynching Comm over Xay and only suggested nl as an alternative to lynching Xay.
In post 1419, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1417, MMM wrote:
In post 1390, havingfitz wrote:Also...the fact you guys have been 1v1 for so long probably means at least one of you is scum. You def aren't both town.
I've been waiting to see whether Aubrey or Shin post something as blatantly opportunist as this, but since neither has so far, I can't be sure of which of them is scum with fitz.
Hrm.
I didn't think about this.
Actually, I thought this over.
What makes him wrong/opportunistic?
In post 1432, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1417, MMM wrote:
1) I'm not scum.
2) How is this blatantly opportunistic? It's pointing out a fact w/ a theory that you can either agree with (which would mean Comm is confirmed scum to you) or not agree with....which is unrealistic IMO given how long you were both cross voting.

So does this mean you are now town reading Comm who you just had your vote on for however may hours you had it there? smh....not a good look on you. The flipping.
Comm pointed out at some point that scum may be keeping both of us alive so that we can continue having a go at each other while not focusing on whoever is actually scum and while I think most of his theories have been pure comedy value this one in particular is probably the most realistic one.
As for why we might both be town, I already explained how suicidal it would have been for scum to QH without knowing their partner is online at the time. And in any case I was watching the thread through the majority of the time to ensure it didn't happen in the first place.
I've also explained why I'm flipping the entire damn time... and... again... if I was scum with Comm being town, I could have put in the effort of getting Comm lynched D3 at the very least.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (isolation #203) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Post by MMM »

In post 1439, CommKnight wrote:
In post 1414, MMM wrote:I disagree that taking hard stances necessarily comes from town and keeping your options open comes from scum.
I agree with your points about activity/gamesolving since I've noted them earlier.
I'm just really unhappy with the way he's been doing things because it makes no sense.
The first line in this post is very very bad. Just a tip MMM. Scum find it harder to take a firm stance because they KNOW who town is. So they don't want to slip that they KNOW who town is which would lead to outing them by trying to keep their options open because it's hard for them to have a town PoV when they know who is town and who isn't.
In my most recent scum game I've gained some of the easiest town cred of my entire life by posting reads without a request and including hard stances (albeit admittedly not overly many). I don't know about what other people do as scum, but assuming that scum will always do X and avoid Y is a terrible fallacy imo and I've already lost games as town because of it.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (isolation #204) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:24 am

Post by MMM »

In post 1441, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1438, MMM wrote:
In post 1421, Shinobi wrote:Pretty sure fitz advocated lynching Comm over Xay and only suggested nl as an alternative to lynching Xay.
In post 1419, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1417, MMM wrote:
Hrm.
I didn't think about this.
Actually, I thought this over.
What makes him wrong/opportunistic?
In post 1432, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1417, MMM wrote:
1) I'm not scum.
2) How is this blatantly opportunistic? It's pointing out a fact w/ a theory that you can either agree with (which would mean Comm is confirmed scum to you) or not agree with....which is unrealistic IMO given how long you were both cross voting.

So does this mean you are now town reading Comm who you just had your vote on for however may hours you had it there? smh....not a good look on you. The flipping.
Comm pointed out at some point that scum may be keeping both of us alive so that we can continue having a go at each other while not focusing on whoever is actually scum and while I think most of his theories have been pure comedy value this one in particular is probably the most realistic one.
As for why we might both be town, I already explained how suicidal it would have been for scum to QH without knowing their partner is online at the time. And in any case I was watching the thread through the majority of the time to ensure it didn't happen in the first place.
I've also explained why I'm flipping the entire damn time... and... again... if I was scum with Comm being town, I could have put in the effort of getting Comm lynched D3 at the very least.
Or they just kill you?
I don't think this makes any sense.
Who kills what?
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (isolation #205) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:50 am

Post by MMM »

If scum kills me a Comm vote would be unlikely so I think that outside of knowledge of roles it made perfect sense for scum!Comm to kill me.
And I will concede that leaving my vote on Comm was somewhat reckless, and being able to rule out Aubrey + Shin means little since fitz is likely scum. If he's not, then Comm did a good job brainwashing me...
On the topic of fitz, I'd be alright with a lynch on him. Curious about what he has to say though.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (isolation #206) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:33 am

Post by MMM »

I'm not scum with either Shin or Comm.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (isolation #207) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:34 am

Post by MMM »

In post 1450, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1449, MMM wrote:
If scum kills me a Comm vote would be unlikely so I think that outside of knowledge of roles it made perfect sense for scum!Comm to kill me.

And I will concede that leaving my vote on Comm was somewhat reckless, and being able to rule out Aubrey + Shin means little since fitz is likely scum. If he's not, then Comm did a good job brainwashing me...
On the topic of fitz, I'd be alright with a lynch on him. Curious about what he has to say though.
I don't understand the bolded.
I don't think anyone other than me/Xnad would ever have pushed Comm, and I don't think one would have resulted from me being nightkilled.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (isolation #208) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:36 am

Post by MMM »

It has to do with what I was saying about scum!Comm benefitting from me dying.
...Did I ever say that, actually? I remember doing so, at least.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (isolation #209) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:42 am

Post by MMM »

fuck aubrey was scum
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (isolation #210) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:43 am

Post by MMM »

wait no, then that would mean comm is also scum, and if he were scum he would have no need to ask that...
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (isolation #211) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:44 am

Post by MMM »

...but it can't be shin + aubrey???
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (isolation #212) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:45 am

Post by MMM »

In post 1463, Shinobi wrote:We were talking about quickhammers and you're talking about nightkills for some reason.

Pedit - Aimed at MMM.
Sometimes I get carried away and forget what the original discussion topic was. Whether this is alignment indicative to you or not... hell do I know.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (isolation #213) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:46 am

Post by MMM »

If I was scum at least the hammer would make some sort of sense to me.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (isolation #214) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:47 am

Post by MMM »

Wait, no, the hammer wouldn't even make sense if I was scum...
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (isolation #215) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:48 am

Post by MMM »

Scum if you're reading this and town flipped just tell us that we did a shit job as town and lost already, I hate suspense
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (isolation #216) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:55 am

Post by MMM »

So... Aubrey + Shin?
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (isolation #217) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:03 am

Post by MMM »

This is where I'd usually say that I told you all that was scum but I can't really do that since I scum read literally everyone in the game...
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (isolation #218) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:05 am

Post by MMM »

But I can still do that about one more thing.

Soooo about my theory about Traitor + Rolecop being farfetched...
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (isolation #219) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am

Post by MMM »

I only even just thought of the clear due to no quickhammer thing being bullshit given the traitor. Dammit.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (isolation #220) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:12 am

Post by MMM »

I also feel like I need to be a lot less paranoid about wagons building quickly...
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (isolation #221) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:15 am

Post by MMM »

I was at least as angry about your reasoning for voting me.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (isolation #222) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:24 am

Post by MMM »

Thinking back about the reads I was right on but didn't follow through with is painful.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (isolation #223) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:15 am

Post by MMM »

In post 1506, CommKnight wrote:
In post 1505, MMM wrote:Thinking back about the reads I was right on but didn't follow through with is painful.
Feeling the same. 20/20 vision into the past is a bitch eh?
It's the absolute worst.
In post 1507, CommKnight wrote:Honestly though, I should've seen something fishy in both Shinobi and Aubrey downright TR'ing me on LYLO so easily. I mean sure, it's not hard for town to deduce my actions as being town-motivated, but they wrote me off as a TR too easily.
Honestly you were actually locktown for me since like D3 at least but 1. I didn't want it to show 2. I got really angry at your logic for doing things on occasion 3. I actually intended to remove the unvote before going to sleep, but I completely forgot in the end.
In post 1509, CommKnight wrote:
In post 1166, CommKnight wrote:
Don't take it to heart. It's gut. Too town/too highly townread is a thing. Something feels off about you and PoE might point you to being scum. But right now even if that's true, two others I'm looking for.
In post 1168, CommKnight wrote:Well why haven't you been killed off Aubrey?
@MMM, remember these? XD
I don't actually. What I do remember though is when I caught Aubrey's scum tell in coming to defend me/trying to intervene in some attempt to prevent toxicity for towncred (I assume) and d1 Shinobi stuff.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (isolation #224) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:20 am

Post by MMM »

In post 1447, Shinobi wrote:If you vote him, I'll vote him.
ftr this was way too easy.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (isolation #225) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:03 am

Post by MMM »

This game was absolutely fine in terms of that, I've already had far far worse.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (isolation #226) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:03 am

Post by MMM »

Sub outs do tend to irk me though.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1529 (isolation #227) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:28 am

Post by MMM »

In post 1525, CommKnight wrote:Yeah, seeing how Goon Cop can't catch the original goons (with extra powers) and making the goon cop useless. That's a pretty bad role to have in a set-up like this. No point in the mafia ever NOT taking the PRs.

But dang, losing our PRs early did suck.
This.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (isolation #228) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:47 am

Post by MMM »

Fucking christ Lowell.
If I didn't forget there was a TRAITOR in lylo I would have noticed the god damn signs because Shinobi was a really obvious traitor in the end looking back at it SIGH.

Return to “Completed Open Games”