Mini 1916: Buttersnap Shitfuckery (Game over, Town win!)

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Mon May 29, 2017 8:54 am

Post by Socrates »

VOTE: Socrates

I trust Jesus's scumhunting skills.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Mon May 29, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Socrates »

DO NOT PUT SOMEONE AT L-1 WITHOUT A CLAIM.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Mon May 29, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Socrates »

Oh wait, Jesus can't hammer. Carry on.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Mon May 29, 2017 9:02 am

Post by Socrates »

MOD: is it possible to lynch Jesus?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Socrates »

I feel like the most appropriate approach to this game is for everyone to be
excrutiatingly
polite to each other at all times.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Mon May 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 33, Deadline Delivery wrote:Also if everyone could just claim their alignments for me that would be great.
Why I would be happy to!

My alignment is with the town.

Sincerely,

Socrates
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Mon May 29, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 34, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 33, Deadline Delivery wrote:Also if everyone could just claim their alignments for me that would be great.
O find it rather ironic that you should scumclaim and ALSO ask people to claim their alignments!! :P

~A50
I believe you successfully identified the joke that had been made. Good show.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #7) » Wed May 31, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Socrates »

I was kinda hoping to see myself lulhammered.

Vegito and Leon are the first two players to start actually playing the game. ++points

Chara, what IS your reason for voting Rat?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Wed May 31, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Socrates »

I predict _schadd will be nightkilled.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #9) » Wed May 31, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 117, schadd_ wrote:
In post 105, Socrates wrote:I predict _schadd will be nightkilled.
lol lol lol lol lol lol VOTE: socrates

or at the very least can people not say this kind of thing bc shitfuckery, scum coordination &c

honestly the only thing scum should be able to coordinate about is an endless onslaught against belisarius. if anyone scumclaims in thread for the sole purpose of mutinying belisarius and his stupid grimy face then i promise not to vote them ever
Are you seriously suggesting that I am trying to signal to my scumbuddies about the NK?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #10) » Wed May 31, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Socrates »

VOTE: radical rat
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:40 am

Post by Socrates »

Where do you guys get all these gifs from anyway? Is there some kind of public, organized repository of gifs for every occasion?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:44 am

Post by Socrates »

Is the joke supposed to be that she's politely setting the mike down?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Socrates »

I don't have a post restriction. The politeness thing was a joke.

Radical Rat's refusal to acknowledge three naked-yet-serious votes on him in succession reads as *tough guy* and my vote stays.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Socrates »

Tuff Guy. I think I like that better. consider this an EBWOP.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:16 am

Post by Socrates »

Hypothesis: schadd_ and Prism do not share an alignment.

I want to hear from everyone:

Yay or nay?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Socrates »

Maybe Nancy and I should Hydra together. I despise playing scum, and she despises playing town. We could balance each other out! I'm sure nobody would notice!
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Socrates »

And if you think my off the cuff remark about the NK actually has any meaningful impact on this game in any way, you have not played enough mafia.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:38 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 244, Vegito wrote:Socrates and Leonshade are my townreads at the moment; like Leon's general engagement from what I can tell and I like Socrates for basically no reason that I can remember. I liked DD's opening for how... wacky? all over the place? it was but townreading that slot for those reasons isn't going to last so it's basically not a read at all.
Do you feel you have solved me, Nacho?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 247, Radical Rat wrote:Sorry, this game's been kind of on the backburner for me.

Anyway, I haven't acknowledged the votes because there was nothing for me to address there. Naked votes aren't really great for engaging with.

I meant the bastard comments as wondering how likely a traitor or something similar really is. By which I mean, is the game mechanically bastard, or flooded with bastard roles, or both?
Rauth is the one who made it rolefishing by asking for normal claims.

Then there's the Jesus sheeping. I have no excuse. It was fun and let me put off giving this game proper attention.
Nacho and Chara both implied that there was something real backing their vote, and my vote was clearly done with purpose. Why did you not show curiosity about what those reasons might be? Is this not a good place for you to start getting a feel for other players?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 278, Deadline Delivery wrote:VOTE: Vegito
You seem to be in the know. Help me out, here.
In post 295, Vegito wrote:
In post 283, Deadline Delivery wrote:If you could make a bunch of a content so that I could point out all of the parts that make you scum that would also be helpful :3
I don't mean to sound all arrogant or anything but I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person who has actually done anything this game???
Rude.

I too was hoping for more from the AC hydra. I'll accept their explanation, but I'm still bummed.

I am still getting a feel for this Aristophanes meta that I've heard so much aboot. He hadn't clammed up or avoided the thread yet last I checked, though that may be a few days out of date right at this moment.

@Chickadee: what exactly is your reference point for saying I am posting out of character?

This is too tedious doing on a tablet. Switching to a computer. One moment.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:31 am

Post by Socrates »

Follow up for @Chickadee: since when is aggro a scumtell? And are you unaware that Vegito is a Hydra?

Rat's reaction to my questioning is 'fair', and annoyingly so. The replace out is not AI but it does mean this line of questioning is dead.
In post 314, Vegito wrote:In post 269, Vegito wrote:
In post 260, Socrates wrote:
In post 244, Vegito wrote:
Socrates and Leonshade are my townreads at the moment; like Leon's general engagement from what I can tell and I like Socrates for basically no reason that I can remember. I liked DD's opening for how... wacky? all over the place? it was but townreading that slot for those reasons isn't going to last so it's basically not a read at all.

Do you feel you have solved me, Nacho?

Not at all, hence the "for no reason at all" portion of the read.

I do, though. Nacho's just slower on the uptake.
But you haven't even seen my scum game? Nacho has. It did feel pretty clear that you figured out that I'm a good buddy target though.

Annoyed that I didn't get any Yay's or Nay's on my PR question. Yes, It's WIFOM. It's the answers that matter, not the question.

Prism agrees with Vegito's townread on leon, yet shades him for it and meanders their way into a vote on them because of it. Then she dismisses the pressure on Rat's slot as being over him sheeping Jesus, which is an oversimplification at best, and disingenuous at worst. If Prism is scum though, I bet this is her pick as an easy place to throw stones and they are not buddies.

VOTE: Prism
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 347, Prism wrote:
In post 346, Socrates wrote:Prism agrees with Vegito's townread on leon, yet shades him for it and meanders their way into a vote on them because of it. Then she dismisses the pressure on Rat's slot as being over him sheeping Jesus, which is an oversimplification at best, and disingenuous at worst. If Prism is scum though, I bet this is her pick as an easy place to throw stones and they are not buddies.

VOTE: Prism
What do you think of the interactions I'm currently having with Majiffy and Piggy? More interested in former.
You are doing a poor job of winning the argument, that's for sure. Neither has voted you despite being unhappy with your posting, which is interesting, especially for piggy, because I'm not sure her current vote is all that serious? I'll have to double check.
Don't have much to say about points against me, first was largely anticipated. Second it was definitely used, even if it wasn't all of it. I can review it later but I saw nothing compelling past that on first readthrough.
Regardless of how compelling you feel it to be, my vote had nothing to do with him sheeping Jesus.
In post 346, Socrates wrote:If Prism is scum though, I bet this is her pick as an easy place to throw stones and they are not buddies.
Is this referring to Vegito or the people going vs. RR? My guess is the former, but thinking that Nacho is an easy place to throw stones is pretty humorous.

Much like Belisarius, who is hilarious whenever he wishes to be.
Nope, it's the latter. Calling the Rat wagon a bad wagon is an easy scum position when you already have internal confirmation that his apathy is both real and that he is town (2 things that are not truly correlated).
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:53 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 349, Vegito wrote:I accidentally clicked on the live journal and then didn't get anything j wanted to get done that day because it was fucking amazing. Then I thought of buying Suidoken 4 because the live journal was that good but then looked at a couple reviews and it's apparently not a good Suidoken game to start with. I'm probably going to buy it anyways!!
Play 2. It was once considered one of the greatest JRPG's of all time. Probably doesn't hold up THAT well, but it's still worth playing.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 356, Prism wrote:@Socrates: Example of the sheeping Jesus being partially used:
In post 242, Vegito wrote:Still a huge fan of the Radical Rat vote; might just be personal opinion, but while the "sheeping Jesus" thing might be good for a small bit of amusement I think he took it past the awkward stage and into the scummy one. Post-Jesus sheeping it doesn't look like he's found anything good or interesting; the attack on schadd for seems way overblown for what I was reading as an offhanded comment (although that isn't necessarily scummy) and the "HMMM I wonder just how bastard this game is?" is just empty.
I touched on this before but what my impression of what made it awkward, together with the transition out of RVS Vegito described, was that he was indecisive rather than that he's scum looking to make an impression.

Rest of your post is valid, I was hoping more for reaction to us alignment wise but thinking over who's winning/losing is fine, even if it is missing a bit of the point.
Vegito said he felt Rat was being inconsistent about why he wasn't giving reads, not about the reads themselves.

And I assure you, I did not miss the point. But as I continue to shake the dust off my old scumhunting tools, I am increasingly reminded to see the difference between having the rhetorical high-ground and being townie or scummy. I don't townread Vegito more here just because I agree with them more.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #25) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 364, PiggyGal15 wrote:
Prism
- lolol that sounds like work, nothx

Socrates, you bring up a good point that I didn't move my vote, and that's because I almost always get into fights when I'm town with other town and it throws me off and I'm getting the same feeling I always do so I'm thinking that's what this is, so I'm gonna wait to vote Prism until I'm more sure (which for me means deduction through flips and night actions, I sure do hate D1).
So your gut says you're TvT'ing with Prism?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #26) » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Socrates »

Nacho, have you rolled scum recently? I would like to actually have a reference point to bookmark for later.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Socrates »

Only time for a quick post at the moment.

One thing I feel I should point out to Prism: The person who gave the initial townread on Leon that you scumread was Nacho. The person who was attacking you for a thin opener without directly addressing that point was Majiffy, and when Nacho showed up he did address it directly. How does this impact your read on that slot? How are you differentiating between the two heads?

I kind of WANT Nancy to actually be scum here just because the joke's only funny if she's telling the truth.

Leonshade's is being a little TOO annoyed at being town-read for my liking. Maybe he's taking it as an insult to his caliber as a player?

I still need to look up that game Nacho mentioned. It won't happen today, unfortunately. The first thing I want to see is merely how much work Scum!Nacho is willing to put into fabricating reads, though of course I hope to find more than that.

@Ari: When you posted after being prodded yesterday, did you then read the thread like you intimated you were going to, or what?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Socrates »

Frankly I looked at that interaction and went "Leon is town" in my head myself without having any history with him as a player at all. Throwing the first punch while still talking it out with his target and ultimately showing doubt -> Town.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:24 am

Post by Socrates »

Schadd_, your AC read seems very thin. Where are you deriving this tone-read from?

Rauth feels like he's stalling and scared to step on toes. Arguing about the semantics of the word 'suspicion' indirectly implies that his focus isn't on finding scum but rather looking for targets. Feels like newb-scum but also screams "day 1 lynch" in general, which is always a weird feeling. Would vote.

Would like to see Chimchar's opinion on both Rauth and Prism.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Socrates »

And Schadd, when you say 'lul town' that means you townread that person for that statement, correct?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #31) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:50 am

Post by Socrates »

So Schadd_'s restriction being mod-killable while Prism's is not (or, you know, faked of course) obviously makes their restriction more suspect, but Prism's last few posts have felt like genuine attempts to work through their thoughts.

I'm torn between wanting to demand a full-claim or not.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #32) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:54 am

Post by Socrates »

And of course Prism is going to say they have no restriction, because they have been saying that all along, but you know.

I'm kinda wishing people would say what is so 'weird' about me.

I'm going to move my vote here for now:
VOTE: Piggy

The fact that half this game seems to be semi-VLA makes it hard to spot the real coasters.

@Vegito: When do we kill Aristophanes? You know better than I do.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:03 am

Post by Socrates »

Oh, uh, hey. <4 days to deadline.

Can all the people promising later content maybe get a move on?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #34) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by Socrates »

Cool. DD is town.

VOTE: Aristophanes
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Socrates »

Piggy gets one (1) Socrates Approved day-pass for the following post:
In post 398, PiggyGal15 wrote:
In post 373, Socrates wrote:
In post 364, PiggyGal15 wrote:
Prism
- lolol that sounds like work, nothx

Socrates, you bring up a good point that I didn't move my vote, and that's because I almost always get into fights when I'm town with other town and it throws me off and I'm getting the same feeling I always do so I'm thinking that's what this is, so I'm gonna wait to vote Prism until I'm more sure (which for me means deduction through flips and night actions, I sure do hate D1).
So your gut says you're TvT'ing with Prism?
No, my gut says Prism is scum, but the kind of argument I'm having with Prism I often have with others (especially D1) and it turns out TvT like, 90% of the time. So I'm ignoring my gut cause I know it's usually wrong on this kind of very specific instance.
@Prism, tell me in what way Aristophanes is fine.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by Socrates »

I never voted schadd nor voiced any suspicion of him in any way.

Poking is a scumtell?

What?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 542, Aristophanes wrote:But omg that Bah post <3
Ari, give me a reason to townread you.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Socrates »

I was hoping to Betelgeuse you, but simply appearing isn't enough to appease me.

Also I'm waiting on Nacho to give some guidance here. He seemed to have you on lock-down based on our last encounter.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Socrates »

Don't let him know, but it will heavily inform my read of him, too. :shifty:
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (isolation #40) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Socrates »

Maybe the mod will show leniency when I point out that I am voting Aristophanes, not Rauth.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #41) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 580, Prism wrote: Someone else asked me about Aristo. I don't have a real read there but his alignment becomes pretty apparent in time. His lack of activity doesn't seem to be for game-related reasons and his questions seem to be making genuine attempts to engage.
Do you have speakeasy access? Ari is posting in there.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #42) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Socrates »

Check out General Discussion sometime. The Speakeasy is an opt-in subforum ostensibly for more private/adult discussions.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 574, Vegito wrote:Don't think that Prism is faking his post restriction. Dueling post restrictions is just
too
perfect and Beli is the kind of shithead who would be stricter about one post restriction than he was about another, particularly if one was inheritable and the other wasn't. I don't see motive for Prism to fake dueling post restrictions as scum.
The question for me isn't really whether Prism would fake it as scum, but rather whether the mod would make the scum PR the more lenient one.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #44) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 589, Rautherdir wrote:Okay, so now we know, whoever gets it next is almost definitely actually conf-town. At least we get that consolation in exchange for probably losing another townie.
Scum or Naive? Hmmm.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #45) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 581, Rautherdir wrote:
As for Socrates, it would help if he would answer my question...
I mean, this will be my second top townread dieing in a row, which is annoying.

Town:
DD
Leon

Daypass:
Piggy
Vegito
Shadow
Chickadee

No Idea:
NC

Would vote:
Rauth
Chimchar
Prism

Scum:
Aristophanes
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #46) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Socrates »

Soon it wont be a post restriction. It will just be how people talk.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #47) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by Socrates »

Look, we kill Ari!Scum and we're back on track.

End of day observation in case I get Night killed:

We cannot get to Lylo with Jesus. Unless someone has an ability to do something about him, treat the day before as basically being Lylo.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #48) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by Socrates »

On mobile, can't write much, but Prism, check out nacho and Aristophanes' iso's in Questionable Content Mafia and report back.

unvote
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (isolation #49) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:40 am

Post by Socrates »

Can we muster a last minute lynch on Chimmy?

VOTE: chimchar

I should be at a keyboard in about 2 hours or so. I'll try to articulate more thoughts then.

Vegito:updated thoughts on Aristophanes?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #50) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:50 am

Post by Socrates »

The only compromise lynch at the moment is Piggy, and my heart wouldn't be in that one. And yeah getting to deadline sucks, but we made this lemonade, now we have to drink it.

Get on Chimmy now, so that people can't back off because of a small size.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (isolation #51) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:55 am

Post by Socrates »

move your vote to chim and let Nacho yell at you about moving it back.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (isolation #52) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Socrates »

Are you two explicitly townreading Chimchar?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #53) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Socrates »

Yes, let's reward Chimchar for lurking by giving him a pass because he doesn't have enough associatives! His V/LA is not enough to justify his lack of contribution and his vote on Piggy is balls.

12 hours people.

Chimchar is officially the biggest wagon.

Kill him.
In post 729, Chickadee wrote:I have to leave for the night, and I won't be back before deadline. I start a new job tomorrow. I'm keeping my vote where it is, because I don't really trust the voting parties on either other wagon completely. I feel most confident in Rauth being scum here.
But what is your feeling on chimchar himself? Using the people on the wagon to justify a no-lynch looks real bad.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (isolation #54) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Post by Socrates »

Optimal scumplay is to just lurk this day out. Make me townread you by posting!
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (isolation #55) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Socrates »

If Chimchar does in fact flip scum, this wagon alone will almost solve the game by itself.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (isolation #56) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by Socrates »

It's entirely personal and narrow, conceptually inaccurate and highly convenient for the moment. Manufactured as fuck.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (isolation #57) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Socrates »

And that it was all he really said.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (isolation #58) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:31 am

Post by Socrates »

I received a gift in the mail last night. How exciting.

Honestly, I was really hoping to get Nk'ed so I wouldn't have to deal with potentially walking face-first into mislynch city. On the one hand, fakeclaiming an inability to hammer is a very clever strategy for dead-in-the-water scum for squeezing one quick mislynch out, and the Aids stuff makes sense as an attempt to draw a counterclaim (and then it turned out to be piggy, the person being lynched anyway). On the other hand, I
was
going to say that lying about being able to hammer is exactly the kind of bastardry I would expect out of that incompetent fuckwad mod Belisarius, but then Chimchar goes and explains things in a way that makes it totally on him for making that error.

Sheesh. :?

Me being a strong townread of Almost makes a lot of sense for cross-game reasons that I can't get into.
Rautherdir wrote:I think Chim is town.
Rautherdir wrote:I believe his claim, that's all.
Kill it! Kill it with fire!
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #59) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:30 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 920, Rautherdir wrote:VOTE: Socrates
Was I not supposed to receive this gift?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (isolation #60) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Socrates »

I have crumbed sufficiently. If I have Aids, I don't know.

I have no idea what Rauth is going on about, but not being able to claim your role makes an annoying amount of sense for a Jester. After all,
In post 277, Socrates wrote: At least back in my day, (*waves cane in the air*) common policy was to ask jesters to just claim. If they did, then the town lynched them.

If they were a Jester with a non-exclusive victory: Good, a non-protown role has been removed from the game early, thats a worthwhile use of a day 1 lynch.
If they were a Jester with an exclusive victory: Good, Jesters are stupid and no fun to deal with and now the game is over and we can move on with our lives.
If they were a scum trying to pretend to be a jester: Everyone shares a hearty laugh about how stupid they were to claim jester.
@Mod:Prod Vegito please and thank you.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (isolation #61) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Socrates »

If you want me to vote you Rauth, just give me the word. I don't give a fuck.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (isolation #62) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 1050, Transcend wrote:does jester getting lynched end the game on this website

i don't think it does but i'm just asking
In post 963, Socrates wrote:I have crumbed sufficiently. If I have Aids, I don't know.

I have no idea what Rauth is going on about, but not being able to claim your role makes an annoying amount of sense for a Jester. After all,
In post 277, Socrates wrote: At least back in my day, (*waves cane in the air*) common policy was to ask jesters to just claim. If they did, then the town lynched them.

If they were a Jester with a non-exclusive victory: Good, a non-protown role has been removed from the game early, thats a worthwhile use of a day 1 lynch.
If they were a Jester with an exclusive victory: Good, Jesters are stupid and no fun to deal with and now the game is over and we can move on with our lives.
If they were a scum trying to pretend to be a jester: Everyone shares a hearty laugh about how stupid they were to claim jester.
@Mod:Prod Vegito please and thank you.
If it ends the game, it ends the game. BUT!

We should kill Chimchar. Sorry Rauth, but you shouldn't have admitted to getting aids. Can't justify lynching you today if you really are going to die tonight. If you don't die, and chimchar doesn't flip scum, you could probably get the scum to lynch you for a joint victory. So hang in there, bucko.

VOTE: Chimchar

@Ari: have you ever rolled third party? SK?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (isolation #63) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by Socrates »

Jester should be considered on par to a traitor for balance reasons, IIRC, so a 3 man mafia team + Jester + this AIDS stuff + modkillable PR's is rediculously scum-sided no matter how you cut it. I'm going to bet on it being a 2 man scum team, with maybe a Jester and SK or something.

@Prism: I'm saying nothing more about my gift. When Massclaim comes, just remember that they gave it to me, a widely townread player who isn't typically considered stupid.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (isolation #64) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 1063, Majiffy wrote:
In post 993, Belisarius wrote:
Searching for a replacement for Vegito
Why did we get replaced? I'm on V/LA
Nacho hasn't posted at all. I'm not sure about V/LA rules with hydras.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (isolation #65) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Socrates »

If there's a doctor out there, you better fucking protect me tonight.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (isolation #66) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Socrates »

Prism, did you really go and look up Sonic locations to verify Transcend's usage of the word 'lunch'?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (isolation #67) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Socrates »

Okay, you get a free townread for that.

Ari made multiple promises to catch up and failed to follow through. V/LA or not, that's a red flag. He finally did some decent posting, enough to stave off a lynch, but I am beginning to wonder what a 3p Ari looks like.

As for Almost, as I said, his townread of me fits a townie mindset for reasons that I can't get into. He's genuinely invested in moving this game forward, and his reluctance to let the jester win fits with a townie who still wants to pull this game out of the gutter.

Shadow seems very townie. Maybe her annoyance at realizing how bastard this game is turning out to be is an affectation, but she seemed to be trying in general, so I townlean on her for now.

Chimchar hasn't been trying to guide the town with parting thoughts, and if lynching him really does get rid of Jesus, we should resolve that now and we might not lose today even if he is a mislynch.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (isolation #68) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:50 am

Post by Socrates »

Does anyone other than Prism want to extend this day out further?

Maybe Transcend still wants some catching up? Is this still some confusion over your replacement as far as you know?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (isolation #69) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:50 am

Post by Socrates »

Is there*
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (isolation #70) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:52 am

Post by Socrates »

It's less about allowing Rauth his cake and more about letting Chim live. Do you want Chim to live at this point, Ari?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (isolation #71) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Socrates »

Kinda. Remember that we're already down 4 players even though it's day 2. Then we have Jesus to contend with if we let Chimchar live.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (isolation #72) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Socrates »

If the game lasts three more days, I fully expect Jesus to ressurect, Fwiw.

Also, Beli told me that we couldn't lynch Jesus in this game. #WebOfLies
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (isolation #73) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:30 am

Post by Socrates »

You're forgetting that the AIDS isn't going to stop with Rauth. We basically have to hope that it's a poison or something innocuous or we've already lost.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (isolation #74) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:32 am

Post by Socrates »

Post I was referring to:
In post 18, Belisarius wrote:
In post 13, Socrates wrote:
MOD: is it possible to lynch Jesus?
No. I did my game where it was possible to lynch Jesus two years ago
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (isolation #75) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 1120, Leonshade wrote:
In post 1109, Socrates wrote:If the game lasts three more days, I fully expect Jesus to ressurect, Fwiw.

Also, Beli told me that we couldn't lynch Jesus in this game. #WebOfLies
Getting resurrection to work on mafiascum would be difficult. Games take so long that asking someone to be available and follow a game, just for the hopes that they might get resurrected, is a lot to ask. And if they leave, you have to find a replacement for a dead player. I've fantasized about setups with resurrection in them, but it's an unreliable mechanic for a forum game.
I meant Jesus Christ, not Jesus of Nazareth. A more elegant design would be for Jesus of Nazareth to resurrect AS Jesus Christ, but eh. I wasn't really being serious.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (isolation #76) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 1121, Rautherdir wrote:Well. I found a way to access the internet early. So I take it we're lynching Chimchar then?
Yar. We'll lynch you tomorrow if he flips scum. If he flips town, you can get the mafia to lynch you. Win-win for you.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (isolation #77) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:09 am

Post by Socrates »

Also why haven't you been modkilled? I thought you said you were forbidden from announcing your AIDS status, yet you did anyway.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (isolation #78) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Post by Socrates »

Motherfucker.

I suppose if I got jailkept that's preferable to my death, but there goes that 1-shot cop investigation i received.

I tried to use it on Transcend, for what it's worth.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (isolation #79) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Socrates »

Is my no result on Transcend relevant, then?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (isolation #80) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Socrates »

So what happened: I received a box and was given the option to open it. I wasn't sure what would happen, so I announced receiving it in thread before opening it in case something weird happened, what with this being a bastard game and all. People knowing I was given something was likely more important in the case of my death than whatever I got. Then it turned out to be a cop investigation.

Transcend can't be Ascetic if Shadow jailkept them, so either I got roleblocked or the investigation is a dud and the presumed inventor is actually a glorified fruit vendor or something.

Anyway,

VOTE: Transcend
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (isolation #81) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Socrates »

You probably are telling the truth about not reading the thread, since the idea that I am Chimchar's buddy is preposterous.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (isolation #82) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by Socrates »

people really didn't need to counterclaim transcend.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (isolation #83) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Post by Socrates »

Might as well massclaim tomorrow.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (isolation #84) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:19 am

Post by Socrates »

I explained my thought process with the inventor gift. Why did you try to give the vignwhen Shadow had announced that she was going to to jail you?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (isolation #85) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:20 am

Post by Socrates »

@a50
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (isolation #86) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:34 pm

Post by Socrates »

Do we actually have confirmation of roleblocker and not scum fake inventor? That's my niggling concern.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (isolation #87) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 1243, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1238, Socrates wrote:Do we actually have confirmation of roleblocker and not scum fake inventor? That's my niggling concern.
Brain fart or Scum claim?? I'm not sure.
So, you acknowledge receiving a 1-shot Cop, yet you call me a "fake" Inventor?
Also, why would Scum give YOU the Cop shot?
:neutral: You failed to understand me.

I'm wondering if, instead of there being a roleblocker, the 1-shot cop you gave me would always fail. That would make you a fake inventor. And why would scum give me that? Please. You have brain cells. Rub them together.

The fact that you are trying to sell me on the idea that you didn't think Shadow would actually JK you when not following through would be THE WORST POSSIBLE PLAY IN THE WORLD is also making me frown.

Either way, we're lynch Rauth today, yes?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (isolation #88) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Socrates »

And does anyone other than Rauth have any indication of AIDS, or was that entirely a fabrication?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (isolation #89) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:25 am

Post by Socrates »

Honey wine? Ewww.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (isolation #90) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Post by Socrates »

If A50 is town it will become clear as long as we keep JK'ing him.

Either scum shoots someone, thus clearing him, or we get free reign on lynches for multiple days to POE this shit.

Enough time has been given for everyone to say their piece. Hammering.

VOTE: Rauth
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (isolation #91) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:40 am

Post by Socrates »

My role is balls.

I'm a one shot 'vote fucker', which means I can randomize everyone's vote, up to and including causing a lynch. It's technically provable, but I think we can all agree that I shouldn't use it. The only pro-town way I could think to use it would be to derail a shit wagon. I thought about just blowing it immediately day 1, which is why I voted myself and such, but I decided even that would be disruptive.

If I was scum, I could use it right now and probably win, and I'm not doing that. But then you guys have to believe my claim anyway, so even that's not much help.

From my perspective, Shadow and Almost are basically guarenteed town, unless Shadow is a roleblocker that did an elaborate bus gambit on Transcend for no good reason, so I'll be voting Ari.

Anything people want me to say?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (isolation #92) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:02 am

Post by Socrates »

My investigation failed, there was no death, I announced having the gift, and publicly demanded protection. And I like to think I was pro-town enough to draw a kill anyway.

My first two thoughts were either jailkeeper or massroleblock.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (isolation #93) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Socrates »

Cool.

With that claim, Ari is confirmed scum for me, so I'm going to go ahead and vote.

VOTE: Aristophanes

I guess the only points I feel like I need to bother making is that softing his targets day 4 rather than day 3 makes little sense, targeting me night 3 makes little sense, and saying he was "POSITIVE" I was town doesn't fit with his claim.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (isolation #94) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 1294, Almost50 wrote:And while you do that we wait for Socrates to claim
I already claimed.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (isolation #95) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Socrates »

Oh, and I guess I'll also point out that an investigation failing because the target is killed is also very much abnormal.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (isolation #96) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 1303, Almost50 wrote:Personally, I', leaning to believe Aris over Socrates here. I had strong Town reads on both of them earlier, but then Aris dropped a couple of notches due to his dancing around the Chimchar lynch.

However, Socrates pinged me hard yesterdays and rereading I now know why. Socrates seems to have inside info on the Redshirt role and that it "could be resurrected in 3 days". The thought sounds plausible from a "shitfuckery" PoV, but how likely is it to occur to you as a player?

Also, the pick of his investigation target sounds too convenient. You don't want to confirm a townie if you're scum, and you don't want to return a guilty on your buddy, so -knowing Trans was Jailed- that would be the perfect fake target of the cop shot.

Overall, Socrates play in the previous day phase just came off and inconsistent to the point I decided I would not give him anymore of my inventions, and if Shadoweh had agreed to not jail me I would have given her the mystery box instead, although I was 100% sure Leon was Town by the end of the last day phase (but him still having that Doc shot meant I had to find me another target who can use the mystery box).
Seriously?

I literally drove a Chimchar wagon to L-1 out of nowhere at the end of day one. You think I bussed a scumbuddy unprovoked like that?

The resurrection comment was referring to chimchar claiming to be jesus. What the fuck does it have to do with the Redshirt?

Who SHOULD I have targeted with the cop investigation? Oh right, I investigated a good player who was controversial and was in fact scum. How convenient. And then I announced it failing before knowing he was jailed.

Nothing I did yesterday was "off".

Ari has one good post, Almost. ONE.

Look at him today! He's just laying down! He's not even trying to argue that I'm scum. He's given up. Vote him and end this game already.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (isolation #97) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Socrates »

The fact that Shadow and Almost are cleared. If you had actually been trying to solve this game, you should have realized by now that I am literally the only person you can even theoretically call scum.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (isolation #98) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 616, Shadoweh wrote:We're not very good at this game, guys.
In post 617, Chickadee wrote:No, no we are not.
In post 0, Belisarius wrote:Chimchar, Bleys Ahrens, Mafia Poisoner, lynched D2
Transcend, Headley Lamarr, Mafia Janitor, lynched D3
Rautherdir, Baron Stoke, Mafia Redshirt, lynched D4
Aristophanes, Holt Fasner, Mafia Rolecop, lynched D5
We're pretty good at mafia, you guys.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (isolation #99) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 1345, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1340, Shadoweh wrote:Me every day: Ari is scum right, like the scummiest person on earth?
Everyone else: just give him a day he'll grow on you
Ari: hello this is a scumpost :D
Me: @_@
Yeah, I sucked :(

Read my lamentations in the Scum Pt if you like! I'm sure it will amuse you!

And yeah, it was weird being at Kingsmeet in the same room and just pretending this wasn't a thing! XD
You're getting better! This was way better than your other showings I've seen. You even fooled A50 somehow. Keep it up and you'll be a master mafioso in no time. (Not being sarcastic here, so don't take it that way!)
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (isolation #100) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by Socrates »

In post 1362, Chickadee wrote:I'm sad it took y'all so long to kill Rauth.

But yay for the town victory!
We needed to kill monkey that day, and Rauth was clearly doing it to protect him. Then we had a higher priority guilty the next day again. We still all get to point a laugh at rauth for claiming scum trying to claim jester, just as I said we will, he just became low priority the moment he did.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”