Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Skype Big Brother!!! - fin

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue May 30, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Drench »

Hello!! After the absolute ROARING success of PrivateI's 4th Marathon game (which happened on Skype and was Survivor), I am extremely excited to announce a game of
BIG BROTHER
to be played on the
7th and 8th of July

This game is still being designed, but feel free to sign up! Who knows what'll happen in the Big Brother house: as always, expect the unexpected.

But first, check out these rules, which you should know.

Spoiler: rules!
A01. This is a game! Play to, in order: have fun, win.
A02. Don't be a dick! Site rules apply. I can modkill you for being a dick, and for other offenses as below.
A03. Do ask questions, and don't rely on not asking questions! if you're unsure or unclear on something, please ask. Please
don't
deliberately use ambiguity for a game advantage, or otherwise try to undermine the game.
A04. All genuine outcomes are final! If I have made a mistake, please point it out so I can fix it and apologize profusely. Otherwise, all challenges and outcomes are final.
A05. This game's skillset is broad! I have tried to design challenges and twists in a way that won't discriminate against any person. However, I unfortunately can't accommodate for all skills all the time.
A06. Do not make information unfalsifiable! It is very easy to share confirmed information in Skype by quoting, screenshotting or otherwise. Please do not do any of these things.
A07. If you break these rules, I will have to take action :( Action can range from in-game punishments to modkills. I will try to be fair and commensurate in punishment, but the best way to avoid it is to just not break rules.
A08. Please don't miss things you need to do! If you fail to make two HoH and/or PoV decisions, you will be evicted. If you fail to vote three times, or twice in a row, you will be evicted.
A09. Talk! You can talk to any and all players, except those who are not where you are. If you have not been evicted, that means those who have been evicted, whether on the Jury or not. If you have been evicted, that means anyone who is not either evicted or a Juror, depending on what you are.

B01. This is a game of Big Brother. If you do not know what Big Brother is, this part of the rules is for you.
B02. Each round starts with a HoH Competition. The winner is the new Head of Household.
B03. The Head of Household will have some time to publicly announce two players they are putting up for eviction.
B04. Following, there will be a PoV Competition. Only the Head of Household, the two nominees, and three randomly drawn players will compete. The winner will earn the right to use the Power of Veto.
B05. The holder of the Power of Veto will have some time to pubicly announce if they are using their Veto, and on whom if so. If the Veto holder uses their Veto, the Head of Household will have a short amount of time to name a replacement nominee.
B06. Following, all players except the two nominees and the Head of Household will have some time to vote on whom they wish to evict. The person with the most votes will be evicted. In the case of a tie, the Head of Household must publicly break it.
B07. At a certain point, the Jury will begin, who will decide the game at the end. This cycle continues until the Final Three, where there will be three more competitions to determine the two members of the Final Two. The Jury will then vote on a winner.
B08. Expect the unexpected.

You can express your interest and/or sign up below: I'll list you below! If you can't play both days, you can hydra with another player to make sure your slot always has someone around, but check in with me first please!

Tentatively, both nights will run from 7PM EST to 12AM EST. This will be confirmed with players closer to the date.

Players/Interest Expressers/Cool People/Signups:

1. Haschel Cedricson
2. Xalxe
3. racefan12
4. xofelf
5. Cephrir
6. Aronis
7. Cheery Dog
8. hiplop
9. Klick
10. Bellaphant
11. Skelda
12. kdowns
13. xRECKONERx
14. randomidget
15. Pizzadudes7
16. Crazy
17. TheBreeze/TheBreeze's friend (zwoopersara)

Live Feeders (Spectators)*:

OGML
Shadoweh
Chevre
_schadd
D3f3nd3r
McMenno
PrivateI
Save the Dragons
Snakes

Lastly, if you don't have me on Skype, please add me at drench394. Even if you do, please check in with me, just so that I know I've got you in my contacts. I'm on the other side of the world to America so there may be a slight delay in me getting back to you.

Spoiler: old post
I say LSG because I would love to run Big Brother (the North American HGs-voting-each-other-out one, not the public-voting one). But if many many many people dislike that, then Survivor is also an option! But this is aimed to be a high-stakes no-holds-barred ikonic Big Brother.

Because the last Marathon game just happened, this won't be for at least a month, and likely longer (it will most likely be July), so as to avoid burnout. But it will hopefully take place on a Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday night, from 7PM EST to 12AM EST both nights.

"But Drench, how will you find out the answers to all these things??" I made a Typeform because Google Forms are so last year.

If you have any ideas or suggestions or comments, you can leave them in that form! Alternatively, you can shoot me a PM or fly to my house or do whatever it is you people do, because I am ready to receive them.

And if you want to express your interest, feel free to comment in this thread! I will hopefully lock down a weekend/game type/etc within a week, week and a half at most. At that point, I'll get in contact with everyone who's expressed interest with details. If you're worried you just can't commit a whole weekend, you can also hydra with another player in one slot.

Okay cool thanks!! Watch this space.

*You can sign up to spectate if you're unsure whether you want to play; I'll add you to the Skype group when the time comes and you can watch along or jump in at the beginning if you're tempted or whatever takes your fancy!
Last edited by Drench on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 27 times in total.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Tue May 30, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Drench »

hmm. yeah true
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Wed May 31, 2017 4:08 am

Post by Drench »

I will probably close responses in a couple days! But, until then, if you have any interest AT ALL in playing, I urge you to please
fill this survey out
so I know what dates are best and whether formats are off limits!
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Post by Drench »

In post 6, Drench wrote:I will probably close responses in a couple days! But, until then, if you have any interest AT ALL in playing, I urge you to please
fill this survey out
so I know what dates are best and whether formats are off limits!
I'll be closing this up in around 5-6 hours so if you haven't answered, now's your chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #8 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:49 am

Post by Drench »

Houseguests, I have the result. There were twenty votes.

Spoiler: rationale
We're definitely playing Friday night and Saturday night EST (that's U.S. time). I'm tentatively going to schedule this to run, therefore, on
Friday the 7th of July
and
Saturday the 8th of July
. There were four definite yes votes for those dates, and two definite noes, which was the least number of noes. I'm hoping to make sure as many people as possible can potentially make it, so that's why I'm setting the date as it is.

The median score for Survivor and Big Brother was 7 and 6 respectively; the mean was 6.45 and 5.85. Three people answered negatively to both. A slight preference to Survivor then, but only slight, so tentatively, this will be a game of
Big Brother

So, to sum: it's
Big Brother
from
Friday the 7th of July
to
Saturday the 8th of July
! Start time will most likely be
7PM EST
, ending at
12AM EST
both nights, but I'll check in closer to the date to confirm with those signed up.

There is no upper limit, but due to time constraints, be prepared for many evictions early if numbers get high. It will be lit!! Otherwise uhhhh get hype!!!

Please sign up below in this thread!! If you don't already have me on Skype, you can find me at drench394; please add me and get in touch after signing up so that I can be sure you're in my contacts. Everyone above is
not
signed up but I will be sending out a PM to them.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:32 am

Post by Drench »

We may have enough players for a house, but don't let that stop you from signing up! We will find room for you, and if you can't attend on one of the days, we're more than happy to allow you to share your slot with another.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Post by Drench »

Oh my goodness!!!!! You can still SIGN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god is good
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #41 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Post by Drench »

Whoaaa this is in just under three weeks!!! You can still sign up and it will be very incredibly fun!!
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #42 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:49 am

Post by Drench »

Hello! I'm very excited,

but first, I have some updates.

In about a week or so, I am going to confirm specific times with those who have expressed interest. At the moment, the game is planned to run from around 7PM to 11:30PM~ EST on Friday, and 7PM to 12AM EST on Saturday, but this is all modifiable depending on when people would like to begin.

Secondly, I can announce that there are not one but TWO massive Twistos Twists starting from the very beginning of the game that will test your mettle and resolve. Do not miss out on these never-before-seen game changers!!!

Thirdly, you can still sign up! Reck is looking for a second person to team with him, if you're interested in that and don't have the entire weekend. We can take as many people as want to play, but unfortunately, I now need to cap the total number of players at
twenty seven
at the very most.

Invite your friends! Invite your family! Invite Alison Grodner! Invite everyone. It's going to be a great summer, and as always, expect the unexpected.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #44 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:32 am

Post by Drench »

Hello, Houseguests! Please note these further instructions, which relate to process. These will also be posted in the chat at the start of the game. When asterisks are used, they are being used to bold things, since that's how Skype bolds things. So assume bold.

D01. The order in which my computer displays messages will decide competitions that rely on speed or timing.
D02. In competitions where you are responding to things that I write, I will always precede each round with "*INCOMING*", and cancel those rounds if I need to with "*STOP*".
D03. All Heads of Household and holders of the Power of Veto must send me their decision privately. However, after that, and when I signal, they may choose to announce the decision themselves publicly. All decisions, private or public, must be submitted with a reason, which will be publicly revealed.
D04. I will randomize all player selections for Power of Veto competitions. However, if "Houseguest's Choice" (HC) is drawn, the Houseguest to select a PoV player will be decided by where in the randomized list HC is ranked. If HC is first in the list, the HoH will choose; if HC is second, the first nominee will choose; and if HC is third, the second nominee will choose.
D05. Some competitions gradually eliminate players until one is left. If there are no eliminations for a number of rounds straight (which will be announced prior to a competition), we will immediately jump to a tiebreaker question or questions. Tiebreaker questions generally will have numerical answers, and the person who is closest without going over will win.

Finally, I will be reaching out to people who may not be able to make both days, to try and make sure that as many people as possible can participate. If you can't make the Saturday, there will be evicted people who can certainly sub in for you if absolutely necessary, and if you can't make Friday, there may be people who can only make Friday that can hydra with you! I want as many people as possible to take part, so please join in!
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #45 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Drench »

And a small teaser: competitions this game include competitions named "No Alibi", "Buzzkilled", and "Can We Fix It?"! What could it mean? Sign up to find out!
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #49 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:41 am

Post by Drench »

Oh no Piggygal!! We're gonna miss you :( :(

Will be sending out time survey in 24-48 hours, and creating the main chat afterwards!! I'm so excited I dream about this game every night!!! Get excited!!!!!!!

And if you still want to sign up, there absolutely is room! I know a couple people have said they can only play one night, and I've reached out to most of them, but if that sounds like your situation and you've been holding back, sign up anyway!!! There are no rules!!!!!! Anarchy reigns!!!!!!!!!!
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #51 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:20 am

Post by Drench »

There are some rules!!!!!!!!! Anarchy in the context of mafiascum dot net is an unworkable political framework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #54 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Drench »

More Updates: I have sent out a PM asking about start times to players currently signed up, as well as anyone who's said they wanted to spectate. There's still time to sign up if you like! Additionally, if you also want to fill out that start-time form, PM me.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #56 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Post by Drench »

fml america is bullshit

i will change it from now on but the results seem pretty clear regardless so far so if you have filled it out, no pressure to do so again (although you can if ya like)
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #59 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:51 am

Post by Drench »

Thank you to everyone who's signed up so far, and those who have completed the survey!

Currently, it looks like we're split right down the middle for those in favour of starting at 7PM EDT or 9PM EDT on the
Friday
; I'm thinking we split the difference and start at
8PM EDT
on
Friday
, to give people time to finish any evening activities they might otherwise have had planned. Friday's play has been timed to last for
a maximum of 4h30m
, which includes (generous imho) allowances between each competition and eviction.

On the
Saturday
, there's a general consensus that people want to start earlier than or at 7PM EDT. At the moment, while starting at 6PM EDT would give us more time to finish the game off, I am also conscious of availability, and so I am leaning towards keeping us at
7PM EDT
for the
Saturday
start. Saturday's play has been timed to last for
a maximum of 5h30m
, which includes (generous imho) allowances between each competition and eviction.

If you have strong feelings about that,
please chime in
! If we are happy with that, those will be the start times. Additionally, if you still want to play, there's certainly more room! The game design is locked in and ready to go, but is very flexible for any number of players, and we'd love to have you!

Finally, if you can't play, but you'd like to be added to the Skype chat where it all happens, let me know and I'll make sure you are.

xx gossip chen and/or cox
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #62 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:14 am

Post by Drench »

Oh gosh, we are only 13 hours away from the start of play. The Skype chat is now live: if you want to be added to it at any time, please let me know!

Additionally, I'm chasing up a couple people for whom I don't yet have Skype names, so if you think you should be in the chat, and aren't, please message me or add me on Skype at drench394.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #64 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:21 am

Post by Drench »

In post 63, Shadoweh wrote:Yeah if you guys could hold for another 8 hours so i can play that would be great!

:(
:((((((((((((((

but if you would like to share a slot with shadow and you haven't /inned yet, now is the perfect time to! the big brother house opens in just under 6 hours :O

ALSO due to a slight reshuffling of the game structure, i expect tonight to take less time and tomorrow to hopefully take the same or a tiny bit longer. so don't be afraid!! sign up today!!!!!
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #66 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Drench »

E01. Until further notice, there will be multiple Houses, with an equal number of people in each.
E02. All players will compete in the same Competitions, and Competitions will continue until winners for all Houses are found.
E03. In Competitions with points involved, only one point will be awarded in each round, and only players who live in Houses without a winner may continue playing.
E04. There will be one HoH and one PoV holder, as well as Nominees and one eventual Evictee, in each House.
E05. Players may talk publicly in this common chat. However, players may only talk privately with other members of their House.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #67 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Drench »

F01. Until further notice, there will be three Nominees: two selected by the HoH, and the third selected by the previously Evicted Houseguest unless otherwise stated.
F02. The Evicted Houseguest may not nominate either the current nor previous HoH.
F03. The three Nominees will each draw one person randomly to compete in PoV Competitions. The HoH will not compete.

The duelling Houses are no more; we are in one House.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #68 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by Drench »

Day 1 has ended, and eight players still remain in the Big Brother house.

I feel compelled to note that Jury has not yet started.

Expect the unexpected.
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #70 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:15 am