aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:14 am

Post by aronagrundy »

In post 1420, aronagrundy wrote:can we just lynch formerfish already?

he's flailing. His words are indignant but keeps on acting like greyice might not be scum after all...? Like his vote on greyice and he said he was 1V1ing him. Grey should be confirmed scum to him. His attitude makes no sense for town here.
I explained formerfish flailing here^^
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:15 am

Post by aronagrundy »

In post 1896, Fro99er wrote:@arona -- and you're just willing to go along with the result instead of figure out if the result is valid or not?

how was FF flailing? Just because you townread GI means he's got a confirmed guilty? No. Chick was far more a confirmed guilty. Claimed VT, LUV's result said not VT. So unless you thought LUV was scum gambiting to get Chick lynched, then you fail there. And that wasn't the push you made.
how do you suggest figuring it out?
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:17 am

Post by aronagrundy »

Also I null read massive. I still have a gut feeling about scum lurking, but his posts do seem genuine
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:29 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1894, Fro99er wrote:lol that's all it took?

Fuck no, I wanted to lynch your slot day 1. To my mind still at least equal to the tchill lynch and possibly equal to the MMM one. You're slotted as scum already, you don't start with a blank slate. You start with your predecessor's role PM, and let me say that's a big drawback to your slot.

That being said, yeah, if those posts were the only thing your slot had posted you'd still be a great lynch.

GI -- talk to me about FF vs. Chick interaction. I don't see that as scum v scum.
Really? Because FF pushing to lynch MMM without a claim and then immediately shutting up/backing down with minimal wagon organizing was one of the things that triggered my "this is a bus" sensors that lead directly to the investigation.

If you're really trying to claim that interactions made while both of them had COP GUILTIES on them are going to out your alignment... why? Chickadee gave up and stop posting without even bothering to fake "I'm a PR I just didn't want to out myself day 1" so clearly she didn't give even the half a shit necessary to make up something. FF doubled down on his push. I don't see how this is consistent with a town/scum pair at all. Why wouldn't scum-Chickadee bother to at least try and fake "I'm a 2-shot doctor" or something to push the lynch onto FF... unless that wouldn't help her win condition anyway?

Your logic is bad, and does not outweigh a guilty. Your slot is bad, and has been bad for a long time. This is why you're the day 3 lynch.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:29 am

Post by GreyICE »

*Day 4.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:31 am

Post by Mulch »

Just popping in to say frogger is mod cleared townie
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:31 am

Post by GreyICE »

wtf
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:32 am

Post by GreyICE »

If there's three fucking strong investigative roles in this game in the normal queue we're shipping this game to the black hole of "fuck your fucking review committee"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:33 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 1194, mastina wrote:
<<< Additional note: A prod is outstanding on LmkGuy. He may no longer post in-thread obviously, but should he fail to respond to the prod via PM, we will be replacing him. There will be no need for a deadline extension/pause as we have a replacement lined up in the case where he fails to show up. >>>
If lmkguy was wolf mastina wouldent mention the part about responding to the prod

VIA PM

They woild just post in wolf chat

Also, the odds of mastina THINKING about him responding to it as pm means they are subconsciously thinking he's a villager
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Mulch »

Like he's technically not mod cleared townie but the evidence is irrefutable
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1899, aronagrundy wrote:also why the hell are we claiming that formerfish is town for pushing chickadee? What else was he supposed to do? The fact that luv guiltied her before formerfish said anything about her negates any talk of intiative tbh
It's not that he pushed for her. It's the *way* he pushed for her. It was different. He pushed hard. Chickadee half assed voted FF. A scum scum interaction is almost always either two half hearted ones because they both got guiltied, or at that point you try to bus the shit out of each other.

FF pushed Uzi to get on chick, even after Uzi said he knew chick was scum yet hadn't voted her. FF could have spun wifom, could have tried to propose things around setup spec. Nope, he went for Chick.

Chick folded and just plopped a vote on FF.

And massive was like "WIFOM I'm confused"
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1901, aronagrundy wrote:
In post 1896, Fro99er wrote:@arona -- and you're just willing to go along with the result instead of figure out if the result is valid or not?

how was FF flailing? Just because you townread GI means he's got a confirmed guilty? No. Chick was far more a confirmed guilty. Claimed VT, LUV's result said not VT. So unless you thought LUV was scum gambiting to get Chick lynched, then you fail there. And that wasn't the push you made.
how do you suggest figuring it out?
I've given some thoughts. Maybe scum have an odd-night roleblocker, or a non-consecutive one. Maybe town has a rolestopper (wouldn't be impossible given we have a confirmed macho role and a claimed ascetic) and chose to rolestop FF for whatever reason (if this is the case, do NOT out this). Maybe GI is scum (again, this is highly unlikely).

But you're putting no thought into this and just saying "FF flailed" and "there's a guilty"
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:45 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1902, aronagrundy wrote:Also I null read massive. I still have a gut feeling about scum lurking, but his posts do seem genuine
that's it?

Are you even going to try?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:46 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1903, GreyICE wrote:Really? Because FF pushing to lynch MMM without a claim and then immediately shutting up/backing down with minimal wagon organizing was one of the things that triggered my "this is a bus" sensors that lead directly to the investigation.
Where was this?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:00 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1911, Fro99er wrote:I've given some thoughts. Maybe scum have an odd-night roleblocker, or a non-consecutive one. Maybe town has a rolestopper (wouldn't be impossible given we have a confirmed macho role and a claimed ascetic) and chose to rolestop FF for whatever reason (if this is the case, do NOT out this). Maybe GI is scum (again, this is highly unlikely).
Town Jailkeeper also possible (also should NOT out).
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:01 am

Post by Fro99er »

tbh town JK makes the most sense given macho. Or a rolestopper, but I'm not sure why a town rolestopper would target FF unless they strongly townread them.
Heil King Froggo.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:42 am

Post by aronagrundy »

In post 1908, Mulch wrote:
<<< Additional note: A prod is outstanding on LmkGuy. He may no longer post in-thread obviously, but should he fail to respond to the prod via PM, we will be replacing him. There will be no need for a deadline extension/pause as we have a replacement lined up in the case where he fails to show up. >>>
If lmkguy was wolf mastina wouldent mention the part about responding to the prod

VIA PM

Also, the odds of mastina THINKING about him responding to it as pm means they are subconsciously thinking he's a villager
You can still make them pm you. I think I did this my first time modding so that players wouldn't make the assumption you're making lol
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:49 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1908, Mulch wrote:

VIA PM

That's really outguessing the mod hard.

No.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:53 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1913, Fro99er wrote:
In post 1903, GreyICE wrote:Really? Because FF pushing to lynch MMM without a claim and then immediately shutting up/backing down with minimal wagon organizing was one of the things that triggered my "this is a bus" sensors that lead directly to the investigation.
Where was this?
Are you wishing you read the gamethread better?

Because man, if I was going to argue that a cop guilty was due to "shenanigans" especially from someone I'm claiming to be sure is town then I'd want to read really,
really
hard. Not like "quick skim", like "read their entire ISO with a fine-tooth comb". Because man, if a townie tells me they have a conditional guilty on someone, like tracking that person to the nightkill, and I want to call them town then I'd really fucking hope I'd have read the goddamn thread enough to be able to cite everything they posted in it, from memory, at the drop of a hat.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Fro99er »

If I was scum I'd be damn sure to be as careful as hell, I agree.

But nah, I'm taking the contrarian view, the less popular view, and sticking my neck out there as scum, and being lazy about it. Got it.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:08 am

Post by Fro99er »

Tell me why arona is town. Because he's riding your coattails to an FF lynch? Because he's putting in no effort in sorting massive? Because he's sat there and vote parked all game?
Heil King Froggo.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:39 am

Post by massive »

In post 1910, Fro99er wrote: And massive was like "WIFOM I'm confused"
Well TBF I was WIFOM I'm confused. And it didn't seem helpful to go over possibilities in-thread when (a) they wouldn't help me get any clarity and (2) they might have given ideas to scum that they hadn't had yet. (Part of it was trying to figure out which part of Grey's D2 was gambit and which was truth, and THAT ALSO didn't seem real helpful to go over with scum.)

But that's a little misreppy, isn't it? It's not like I hadn't asked questions to try and sort it out (, ). It wasn't like I hadn't expressed my frustration at having GreyIce and LUV shouting at each other about whose guilty was going to get lynched first. Fish was at L-2 with a LOLhammer threat so there was no point putting my vote there, and I only end up not being on the Chick lynch because it goes from 3 (not even top wagon) to lynch in about three hours on a Thursday night. It's not "WIFOM I'm confused into inaction," it's circumstances.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:47 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1919, Fro99er wrote:If I was scum I'd be damn sure to be as careful as hell, I agree.

But nah, I'm taking the contrarian view, the less popular view, and sticking my neck out there as scum, and being lazy about it. Got it.

Well that's a convincing argument as to how you're not scum. But lets run with it. Out of curiosity, suppose there was a player who had made all of four posts in a game, which were quite scummy. And then he flaked. His replacement replaced in and didn't post a single game-relevant thing over the course of day 2. We then lynched a cop guilty day 3 while this player contributed nothing of value. The guilty flipped scum, giving us two dead scum going into day 4.

Now approximately speaking, what are the odds of our hypothetical sir-lurksalot surviving through LyLo? Roughly speaking? Just toss a number out there, what's the odds that no one lynches the lowest, worst-content slot in the entire game when the town has lynches to spare?
In post 1920, Fro99er wrote:Tell me why arona is town. Because he's riding your coattails to an FF lynch? Because he's putting in no effort in sorting massive? Because he's sat there and vote parked all game?
My coattails are a note from the moderator in my inbox. Nothing on the planet can ever and will ever change that, short of Mastina flipping him. He is a cop-guilty, and if you think I'm town you should vote for him immediately. Or claim I'm scum and try to lynch me, I accept no other options.

But since you're here and talking, do tell me about FF, your 'confirmed townie based on reads'. Specifically, vote parking. I do wish to know about vote parking, and why you think it's scummy.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ReplacedIn
ReplacedIn
Goon
ReplacedIn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:51 am

Post by ReplacedIn »

In post 1864, EeveeLution Army wrote:Well excluding people who have claimed and the result and what not. My highest scumread is massive now that i'm looking at his ISO. To me he feels like hes trying to question things but then doesn't really do anything with the answers. It's kinda like what i do as bored townie but its more common as scum.

Idk what to do about fro99er i dont have enough info to have a pure read on him

Also i townread you just because of how you've started to organize town and calm down the chaos, scum would just let town run around confused.
In post 1865, EeveeLution Army wrote:MMM's flip really doesn't idk add anything to me? I don't wanna get deep into any of MMM's wifom. The townread was mostly player meta which personally i hate and now i hate it more.
None of this is really what I was after and none of this is you really putting much effort into actually solving the game. So we'll try this again, we just lynched MMM's slot yesterday and it flipped mafia, re-read the thread and let me know how that impacts your reads. Just stating it's "WIFOM" is meaningless, peoples interactions and treatment of that slot, that slots interactions and treatments of other slots contain a lot of information to garner reads from. Also run me through this meta that you'd town read MMM based on - Link the prior game you're comparing it to if it's completed and how you thought his play here was similar to there.

Pretty much if you're town I need to see you actually playing the game because these above posts are kind of you just waiting to be told where to vote.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:52 am

Post by GreyICE »

Mastina/Nancy: What are the rules on dueling roleblockers or roleblocker/jailkeeper interactions for this game? Are we following NAR, or are roleblockers immune to being roleblocked?

<<< Answered in . >>>
Last edited by mastina on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”