[Meta] Newbie Experience (Formerly IC replace rate thread)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

[Meta] Newbie Experience (Formerly IC replace rate thread)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Cabd »

There's been a metric fuckton of replacements of IC slots in the newbie queue recently. And the IC queue itself is bone dry. Do we need to be advertising the virtues of being an IC? Rewarding it somehow? Making sure ICs don't flake? Because it ruins games. Newbies count on the IC player, at least initially, to be there and provide analysis and act as a teaching tool for both mafia norms and site norms.

I won't get into specific examples but the fact I can immediately think of at least three IC slots that were replaced this month sucks.
Last edited by Cabd on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1, Creature wrote:I thought ICs were reviewed every game, but I don't see that happening.
I ~think~ this will be fixed once zor hires a new skittle but yeah, I don't think they currently are either.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:08 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 3, fferyllt wrote:What kind of rewards are you thinking about?
I mean, I don't actually know what the ideal sort of reward would be. Maybe make it so you can't actually go see the title fairy until you've IC'd in addition to the account longevity requirement?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Cabd »

I think so too. However; the underlying issue of the IC queue itself being drier than a Central California summer remains.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #11 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:15 am

Post by Cabd »

Mastina/RC, do you have alternate suggestions on how to keep the IC queue healthy? It's bone dry and there's a replacement request active for it right now.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #14 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 13, Lycanfire wrote:How is it out of ICs when it's been "Needs ICs" for almost two months? I thought so many people kept queuing as IC that it ran out of SEs.

I don't think reviews are being done. I haven't heard anything about my IC game. I'm assuming no review has been done.
Both trays (IC and SE) are bone dry right now actually. It gets a few signups, then goes back to nothing when a game or two launches. I WISH enough people would sign up as IC but nope.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #73 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:35 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 62, Nero Cain wrote:I think an IC usergroup might be a decent idea.

That would be an interesting approach. Some sort of identifier username color or banner under their name denoting them as an official IC?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 82, keyenpeydee wrote:I didn't read the whole thread but my thoughts are having a 9 newbie player without SEs and an IC that doesn't play the game. The IC can chime in to the game to help the newbies, and the IC should also have an access to the scum PT which the IC can also help them with. The IC can also help the newbie player who's a PR. I think the newbie queue should just be for the newbies, not for the SEs.
You'd need two ICs; or otherwise internally the IC has already "chosen a side"
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #89 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 87, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why not make the mod the IC?
Same issue where an IC cannot give "advice" safely because they'll have an internal bias towards one faction or the other; and the mod will always know the identities of both factions.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #90 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:52 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 88, Creature wrote:I'd rather just stick with the IC being an actual player slot.
This is my preference right now yes. Especially given the alignment of the IC slot isn't a good indicator of who wins the game.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #95 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Cabd »

Off the cuff input is fine too. It's just as much your community as it is mine.

Even if your ideas prove wrong, if you believe in them, you should state them.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #140 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Cabd »

We now have a listmod. (Congrats Penguin!)

Let's start drilling down some constructive feedback/ideas!
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #143 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Cabd »

1. IC reviews
~As a IC review group?
~By the moderator of the game?
~By the skittle directly?

2. Newbie feedback
~By google forms?
~Something baked into the game?
~Just publicly in the thread post-game?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #151 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 149, PenguinPower wrote:I swear, some of you are reading my mind.
That's because we can.
Show

Return to “Mafia Discussion”