[SETUP] Betting Mafia

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:34 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Working backwards…

At 3:2, every player is going to bet $100 on a scumflip, because there's no reason not to. Therefore, the lylo lynch will be the player with the least money at 3:2.
This means that at 4:2 going into night, if the two least wealthy players are townies, scum have a breaking strategy of betting the maximum on the townflip; it'll arrive at a 3:2 with both scum confirmed, but the least wealthy player (who's a townie) will end up being endgamed D4 even if town is lynched.
In turn, this means that 5:2 is a likely lylo, a situation that makes me very uncomfortable. (On the other hand, if scum is lynched early, town have a huge advantage as they can effectively control the nightkill too.)

I think one important change that needs making to this setup is to remove the special case for 3 players left; make that a typical 2:1 lylo, and scum will have to stay in hiding in order to stay alive (whilst making sure that they don't end up accidentally nightkilling themselves). I have a suspicion (not sure) that that'll leave it somewhat townsided, but there may be other ways to fix that issue (e.g. town:scum ratio changes).
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

You pretty much answered your own question. RVS is a way to get the game started when you have no information. Having known scum WIFOM right at the start of D1 is likely to inspire game-starting conversation in its own right.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”