Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:42 am

Post by CCC »

In post 2541, Grendel wrote:
@CCC

If you are town you need to come in here and talk to us.
Yeah, sorry about that silence. Had a couple of busy RL days.

But I don't think it really matters, how or what we vote for. Vedith's the last scum, now that Backhand's been cleared; but there's no way Town can lose this game, now, anyway. In fact... I don't think a Town victory has been avoidable since... hmmm... day Two, really.

Consider: MCM is a Loyal Friendly Neighbour. He can produce one more Innocent result every day. Our hidden Rolestopper just needs to keep his rolestoppingness parked on MCM, and MCM is immortal; and it won't be long for the confirmed Innocents to outnumber the non-confirmed Innocents. Mafia is forced to randomly try to guess the Rolestopper's identity. All Town has to do is follow the cop, while Mafia frantically scrambles for and tries to kill the Rolestopper (or other protective role, it doesn't matter, he is proven to be able to stop kills).

Mafia is known to have had a one-shot Role Cop. Somehow, I don't think that that comes anywhere close to balancing out the Town-sided power of the MCM/ProtectorRole combo alone. And, on top of that, to suggest that the Protector Role had a
backup
? We're talking about a pretty ludicrously Town-sided setup, here. Looking over the list of Normal roles, I have no idea what Mafia could have hiding in that last role that even begins to balance out this level of Town power; especially given that they have not been able to stop MCM yet.

Mafia could have a Traitor trying to help them out as well, I guess, but that Traitor won't do much at this point.

But, yeah. Between Backhand's claim, the day one all-Town wagon on NotMafia, and Vedith's role claim making this a ridiculously Town-sided game, I'm convinced Vedith's the last scum. Not that it matters - either NTRP or MCM will get another Innocent tonight, and we win. (Or one of them will get a guilty, and we win). Scum pretty much have to have another PR or a traitor or
something
, but I'm not sure it can help them at this point anyway. (Maybe scum have a rolestopper of their own, and are trying to guess and hit MCM's next target? Or a fruit vendor, so they can cause motion for someone else and mess up NTRP's results a little?)

VOTE: Vedith
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:45 am

Post by CCC »

In post 2544, MuttonChopMagic wrote:nobody should be hammering this yet. mote to discuss same.
Paul, sit on grendel. if scum wants to kill they're forced to kill you because another inno is game.
of course, I simultaneously get an inno. so scum can shoot you and I can inno someone. *wew*

this is just an idea, so please give feedback but I think it's optimal for now
at day start do not claim if i target you. throw unrelated stuff around.
when I post, the thread should be completely quiet for 12 hours
the only time you post in said time is to claim you received my fn shot. claim immediately when you were my post, don't delay / cower
what does this do? basically, make it REALLY HARD for scum to fake inno themselves with a fake fn claim
I don't think losing 12 hours of discussion at max is a big loss with long days either but lmk thoughts mates
This sounds good, but I'd suggest 24hrs instead of 12. I'm in a bit of an unusual timezone (GMT+2) and thus may well sleep through most of a randomly-selected 12hr window.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Grendel »

When was Not-Mafia's wagon all conftown?
---
I think at this point the game can mechanically solve itself, and I'm unsure what I can bring to the table currently.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 2544, MuttonChopMagic wrote:nobody should be hammering this yet. mote to discuss same.
Paul, sit on grendel. if scum wants to kill they're forced to kill you because another inno is game.
of course, I simultaneously get an inno. so scum can shoot you and I can inno someone. *wew*

this is just an idea, so please give feedback but I think it's optimal for now
at day start do not claim if i target you. throw unrelated stuff around.
when I post, the thread should be completely quiet for 12 hours
the only time you post in said time is to claim you received my fn shot. claim immediately when you were my post, don't delay / cower
what does this do? basically, make it REALLY HARD for scum to fake inno themselves with a fake fn claim
I don't think losing 12 hours of discussion at max is a big loss with long days either but lmk thoughts mates
That should work.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 2552, Grendel wrote:I think at this point the game can mechanically solve itself, and I'm unsure what I can bring to the table currently.
same

and im just super tilted irl too lmfao
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Vedith »

What are we waiting on?
I claim scum \o/
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by MuttonChopMagic »

kraska to approve a hammer on ccc
myself, it's cool, gonna go sleep after I ppp so pppeace
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:50 pm

tbh I think this is flipping town but oh well
I'll resolve what needs to be resolved tomorrow and we can lynch grendel or giga to hell

ya mmight get ideas but rolestopper sits on me, trust me.
Paul is probably getting killed but as not-conftown that keeps every conf town alive which is worth it ya see?
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:55 pm

In post 2550, CCC wrote:
In post 2541, Grendel wrote:
@CCC

If you are town you need to come in here and talk to us.
Yeah, sorry about that silence. Had a couple of busy RL days.

But I don't think it really matters, how or what we vote for. Vedith's the last scum, now that Backhand's been cleared; but there's no way Town can lose this game, now, anyway. In fact... I don't think a Town victory has been avoidable since... hmmm... day Two, really.

Consider: MCM is a Loyal Friendly Neighbour. He can produce one more Innocent result every day. Our hidden Rolestopper just needs to keep his rolestoppingness parked on MCM, and MCM is immortal; and it won't be long for the confirmed Innocents to outnumber the non-confirmed Innocents. Mafia is forced to randomly try to guess the Rolestopper's identity. All Town has to do is follow the cop, while Mafia frantically scrambles for and tries to kill the Rolestopper (or other protective role, it doesn't matter, he is proven to be able to stop kills).

Mafia is known to have had a one-shot Role Cop. Somehow, I don't think that that comes anywhere close to balancing out the Town-sided power of the MCM/ProtectorRole combo alone. And, on top of that, to suggest that the Protector Role had a
backup
? We're talking about a pretty ludicrously Town-sided setup, here. Looking over the list of Normal roles, I have no idea what Mafia could have hiding in that last role that even begins to balance out this level of Town power; especially given that they have not been able to stop MCM yet.

Mafia could have a Traitor trying to help them out as well, I guess, but that Traitor won't do much at this point.

But, yeah. Between Backhand's claim, the day one all-Town wagon on NotMafia, and Vedith's role claim making this a ridiculously Town-sided game, I'm convinced Vedith's the last scum. Not that it matters - either NTRP or MCM will get another Innocent tonight, and we win. (Or one of them will get a guilty, and we win). Scum pretty much have to have another PR or a traitor or
something
, but I'm not sure it can help them at this point anyway. (Maybe scum have a rolestopper of their own, and are trying to guess and hit MCM's next target? Or a fruit vendor, so they can cause motion for someone else and mess up NTRP's results a little?)

VOTE: Vedith
wrong. I'll explain why cause I'm nice. this is not overly town sided breh.
my role is basically a cop. slight buff, but really worse overall xdue to lack of complete confirmation in results, a properly played town cop is never getting lynched anyways so meh.
town p much always has 2-3 prs in minis, more if they're weak
clearly rolestopper is a strong role if it exists, but rolestopper plus weak cop (I don't get actual results) is not a broken setup as of now
motion detector is a weak investigative. it makes sense as a 3rd and final pr. it's really strong NOW because there's 1 scum alive, but generally no. you'll play more and you'll come around
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Oh yes sorry
Has everyone said their piece or should I wait a bit more before hammering?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:34 pm

wait i wanted to hammer....

kraska can i?

i realized i said that ccc was probtown but mcm raised a good point that his role is basically a cop so?? i guess nurse makes some sense if we think of it as cop/doc but weaker

grendel is more likely to be town than ccc and i think the lynchpool if vediths role is townread is just us three so??
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:34 pm

also ccc if scum had a traitor they would be endgamed rn

MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:36 pm

I think ccc meant 4 mafia with 1 being traitor, lol
4 mafia could technically be a thing... but this setup definitely is nowhere near that townsided at all
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

CCC's Vedith vote is pretty garbo.
But at the same time I don't really know what vote wouldn't seem garbo at this point.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 2552, Grendel wrote:When was Not-Mafia's wagon all conftown?
Well, Giga and NTRP aren't conftown, but they're certainly a lot Townier-looking than Vedith.

Not that it matters. Town's going to win, entirely mechanically, unless Scum have something up their sleeve, but I'm not seeing what Scum could have that could give them a chance.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 2557, MuttonChopMagic wrote:tbh I think this is flipping town but oh well
I'll resolve what needs to be resolved tomorrow and we can lynch grendel or giga to hell

Paul is probably getting killed but as not-conftown that keeps every conf town alive which is worth it ya see?
Vedith's the last scum. I'm telling you now 'cos I don't think I'll be around to tell you tomorrow.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 2558, MuttonChopMagic wrote:wrong. I'll explain why cause I'm nice. this is not overly town sided breh.
my role is basically a cop. slight buff, but really worse overall xdue to lack of complete confirmation in results, a properly played town cop is never getting lynched anyways so meh.
town p much always has 2-3 prs in minis, more if they're weak
clearly rolestopper is a strong role if it exists, but rolestopper plus weak cop (I don't get actual results) is not a broken setup as of now
motion detector is a weak investigative. it makes sense as a 3rd and final pr. it's really strong NOW because there's 1 scum alive, but generally no. you'll play more and you'll come around
Yeah, your role is basically Cop, and MD doesn't make any difference. But, looking back at the grid used for newbie games, it doesn't allow Doc/Cop in the same game unless Scum gets a Roleblocker.

I'm not saying that Doc/Cop setups are impossible. I'm saying that it implies that scum must have
something
to stop the game from being practically an autowin for Town.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 2562, MuttonChopMagic wrote:I think ccc meant 4 mafia with 1 being traitor, lol
4 mafia could technically be a thing... but this setup definitely is nowhere near that townsided at all
That's what I meant, yeah. Three Mafia plus a Traitor.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 2563, Cheetory6 wrote:CCC's Vedith vote is pretty garbo.
But at the same time I don't really know what vote wouldn't seem garbo at this point.
I voted Vedith 'cos Vedith's pretty much got to be scum.

Doesn't matter if you mislynch me today or not. Town's got more than enough mislynches to win this game, no matter what happens. Vedith's going to be on the chopping block sooner or later, anyway.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

sooo lynch?

I mean I feel like we should just go lynch happy bcuz MCM and I should be able to clear rest of town within a night or two if we target same person or no NK.

Like do we NEED approval or their final thoughts really?

I just kinda wanna finish this u know
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:00 am

VOTE: ccc
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:02 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Game over or no?
MuttonChopMagic
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
MuttonChopMagic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:08 am

In post 2565, CCC wrote:
In post 2557, MuttonChopMagic wrote:tbh I think this is flipping town but oh well

Vedith's the last scum. I'm telling you now 'cos I don't think I'll be around to tell you tomorrow.
if you're town and get around to answering this before flip it doesn't really matter but might as well
if vedith were to be conf town, who do you think is scum then? why? ftr if you're scum you only lost to poe, you hit some of my town tells
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:24 am

Post by implosion »

Vote Count 4.4 (FINAL)

CCC (5): NotTheRealPaul, Vedith, Cheetory6, Backhand, MuttonChopMagic
Vedith (1): CCC

Not Voting (3): gigabyteTroubadour, kraska77, Grendel

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 am

Post by implosion »

CCC has been lynched on day four. He was a