The Newbie Matrix6 stats thread (complete)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:50 am

Post by ironstove »

Seems like bulletproof is a -EV power for town. I'm really not sure why this setup hasn't been updated or changed when these stats are available and showing what a terrible PR BP is.

If you want to boost the win rate of the BP setups (which are both hovering around 40%, grossly in mafia favor), I would suggest switching BP for a better PR or removing BP altogether and making it a VT slot. It seems like people try to make some big plays with BP which more times than not ends up benefiting mafia because it happens in newbies, or new players aren't sure of how to correctly play BP which requires strong reads of the game.

I have a theory that no BP is better than BP because you can look and compare the stats:

BP games have the lowest winrate
Other games with the PR mix i.e. jailer and tracker, both have a respective win rate that is higher without BP.

What would be a good suggestion for a PR?

My idea is to add oracle to the list of possible PRs on mafia scum i.e. you target a player at night, and if you are killed by mafia, you end up revealing the role of your target to the entire game.

Some people might argue this is too overpowered, but I think a strong PR is necessary to fix a setup that has such a horrible skew towards one side.

Another PR suggestion if we're picking from the normal pool would be watcher, gunsmith, innocent child, and/or 1-shot vigi.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”