Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Mini 567 - iPick - Game Over: The Stunning Conclusion

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Guardian »

iPick

The game where iPick the setup, and you deal with it :-).

For intricate discussion of the setup, see Adel's original thread. I highly recommend reading through it to understand the setup properly.

For your convenience, the basic outline is:
Adel wrote:
iPick

a new way to start a mafia game

1. Moderator starts sign up thread with X number of slots for players to fill.
2. Players fill slots.
3. Moderator
picks
players from that list to play in the game.
4. Moderator
picks
a role for each player.
5. Game starts.
I've resolved to modkill at least one person, to stay true to the setup. I love you all, though.

My version of it involves a little input from you, the players, so in about a week I'll be taking some time to make roles: please bear with me, as I'll be adapting them to your feedback, and my desire to see certain players doing certain things, so that will take some time.

I hope this is an enjoyable experience for everyone involved!

Game Over!
Click here if you want to skip the next posts and read the game without the role reveals!
Last edited by Guardian on Tue May 13, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Guardian »

Participants and Game Status

The Cast

Kison (replacing cicero Night 2/page 49)
DrippingGoofball, modkilled day 1, didn't make sense
Adel, Lord Voldemort, Doctor, lynched day 3, existentialist
xyzzy, Triforce of Wisdom, Mystery Role, lynched Day 2, didn't make sense
Rogueben, Link, Savior of Hyrule, Vigilante, lynched day 4, didn't make sense
Lawrencelot
vollkan, Nash's Schizophrenia, PR Giver, killed in an explosion Night 1, existentialist
hasdgfas, The Spanish Inquisition, Role Name Cop and One-Shot Reviver, killed in a flash of green light Night 2, didn't make sense.
Xtoxm, Napoleon's Dynamite, Doctor and One-Shot Vigilante, balefired back to the 20th century Night 4, didn't make sense.
Paradoxombie, Neville Longbottom, Weak Doctor, died from a heart attack Night 2, didn't make sense.
NabakovNabakov, Beethoven's Otosclerosis, PR Doctor, choked on gillyweed Night 1, didn't make sense
shaft.ed, Triforce of Courage, Mystery Role, eaten by Nibbler Day 3, didn't make sense

Status

Game Status:
Day 5
Deadline?:
Game Over

Game State Changes, Links

Day 1: Axing(s)
Night 1: Pikachu's Rage
Day 2: Explosion, Choking, and A New Home
Night 2: Have a Heart, Sandslash
Day 3: Seeing Green
Day 3: Nibbler's Wrath
Night 3: Getaway
Day 4: Amidst the Spires
Night 4: No Heart for the Hero
Dat 5: Memories
The Stunning Conclusion
Last edited by Guardian on Tue May 13, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Guardian »

The Rules

There were cribbed from Adel and edited slightly.

You may
not
PM or IM or otherwise contact any player at anytime about this game, regardless of if you are living or dead. If your role makes an exception to this rule for you, strictly follow the new rule in your role PM.

Once you are dead you can no longer post in-thread.
Not even a "bah." post.
Seriously.

You may vote for exactly one other player at a time during the day. Make your choice in bold letters like
Vote: YYYYYY

To change your vote,
Unvote
in bold letters, or vote for someone else in accordance with

Cast votes that do not follow the formatting guideline described in (3.) and (4.) will
not
be counted.

A lynch will occur when more than 50% of the votes are placed upon the same player, or 50% are placed upon
Nolynch
. After the threshold is reached, the lynch/nolynch will occur regardless of any subsequent posting.

"Day" is defined as any time when the thread is unlocked. Living player can post during the day.

"Night" is defined as any time after the first period of Day when the thread is
. Special exceptions may be made if deemed necessary.
The Pregame phase does not count as a period of Night.
So no talkie-talkie mafia players.

The game starts once the thread is unlocked. I will unlock the thread once everyone has received their role PM. It is not necessary to PM me back or post "/confirm" in the thread: just start playing.

The role name Harry Potter or any derivation thereof is assigned to a player with the alignment of pro-town.

Each period of Day will have a deadline of ~3 weeks, possibly less as the game progresses. There will be
no
extensions. A deadline is a deadline, so talk while you can.

When 72 hours have passed without an individual player posting, I will prod that player if requested to do so by any other player. I will try to prod for inactivity as appropriate, but I appreciate your help with this.

If a prodded player does not open the prodding PM within 96 hours he will be replaced. Until a replacement is found the player facing replacement can still vote and post. If a player is irreconcilably inactive, I will replace them, with great sadness.

At deadline, if a player has a majority of the votes being cast (e.g. all votes not on Not Voting) that player will be lynched. Otherwise, no lynch will occur and night will commence.

Each night phase will have a deadline, if a night choice is not submitted before the deadline, no action will be made, or I will choose the action, depending.

Breaking a rule = death for a given value of death. I determine that value.

If you have the ability to edit posts, don't do it in this thread.

If you have any questions please ask me via PM or in-thread as they occur to you. I will be as fair and helpful as I can

Every moderator will make mistakes, and I am no exception. Please be patient, understanding, and forgiving towards me.

No quoting mod communication. This includes role PMs and such.
Last edited by Guardian on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by Guardian »

Surroundings

Day 1

The meter has 12 vertical holes, and 2 pegs are inserted in it, at positions 3 and 5, counting up from the ground.

The TV is on, and fully functional. There is minimal static.
It is fairly dim (275).

The cage is empty.

Pikachu wanders about, casting small sparks.
(275)
Pikachu moves about excitedly, with a look of eager anticipation on its face.(275)
(524)
Pikachu's eyes glow red with rage.(524)

The weather is stormy. There is no wind.
There is lightning close by.(275)
Lightning continues to increase and get closer.(475)

Day 2

The meter has 12 vertical holes, and 3 pegs are inserted in it, at positions 3, 4, and 10, counting up from the ground.

The TV is beat up, but working.

The cage is empty.
The cage rattled mysteriously.(?)

Sandslash lulls about.

Sandslash looks slightly interested.(916)

The wind blows at 10kph towards the west.

There are tornadoes off in the distance.

The tornadoes are larger and closer.(916)

Day 3

The meter has 12 vertical holes, and 3 pegs are inserted in it, at positions 1, 2, and 6, counting up from the ground.

The TV is new, and working.

The cage is empty.

Lapras swims playfully in the ocean.

The wind is blowing at 18 kph to the west-south-west.

A hurricane looms on the horizon.

Day 4

The meter has 12 vertical holes, and
only one
peg is inserted in it, at positions 7, counting up from the ground.

The TV is working.

The cage is empty, but charred black.

Vulpix patters about playfully.

There is no wind.

There is a light mist.

Day 5

The meter has 12 vertical holes, and
NO
pegs are inserted in it!

The TV is working.

I watch somberly, axe brandished.

There is no wind.

There is a light mist.
Last edited by Guardian on Mon May 12, 2008 10:23 am, edited 9 times in total.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Guardian »

Pregame

It is now pregame. No one has roles yet... This is a time for nervous anticipation, fear, paranoid mistrust, and most of all lively discussion amongst yourselves about how you want the setup to be. Feel free to PM me things, also. :)

To add to any other discussion you might choose to partake in, I require that you all fill out two questionnaires, one privately via PM to me, and one publicly.
Public Questionnaire wrote: On a scale of 1-10, how bastardly do you want the game to be (10 = evil)?

On a scale of 1-10, how complex/unbalanced are you comfortable with roles being (10=lol)?

Rank these themes, in order from best to worst:
Existentialism
Pokemon, Digimon, & Harry Potter
Things that don’t make sense
Historical Disfigurements
Authority Figures
Literary Characters

I promise nothing, theme-wise. I might be asking about these themes solely for my enjoyment :).

Any other themes you might want to see come into play? Any specific roles/types of roles you want to see in play? Any game mechanics? Want lots of flavor? None? I may completely ignore this, but any public expectations you have for this game, make them known here, and I'll ignore them, or if you are lucky, take them into account :).
Private Questionnaire wrote: On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being town and 10 being anti-town, where do you want to be? (note: there are only so many anti-town slots and I might have already made up my mind... the game is called iPick :))
On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being unable to speak, how comfortable would you be with having a role with a significant post restriction?
On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being uncommon, how comfortable would you be with having a role that is very uncommon/unconventional?
On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being bad, how likely are you to need replacement?
Any specific role/type of role you want? I may completely ignore this, but any private expectations you have for this game, make them known here, and I'll ignore them, or if you are lucky, take them into account :).

I realize that many of you have already filled out these questionnaires after I posted them in the original thread; I ask however that you fill them out again. I ask this both because there are some new questions, and because you might want to alter your response due to the discussion I'm most benevolently allowing you to have.

After I post this, I'll be sending PMs to everyone letting them know the thread is open. I ask that you read the entirety of what I've posted in this thread; little of it is unimportant. Pregame ends in a little less than a week.

I'd like to thank you all for playing, Adel for this fun idea, and MeMe for all her hard work on the queue. Have at it!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Guardian »

Notice

Disclaimer: Parts of this message may have been written before the start of the game. Other parts may have been written later. I won't be clarifying.

All public and private questionnaires are in... I feel it would only be fair for me to encourage you to continue to use this time for discussion... Paranoia is highly encouraged, should you wish for a happy conclusion for your eventual faction...

Some players may have roles already, and some may have had roles since I made the first post in the thread... I may have a role, apart from being a mod... I have started working on the early stages of the setup, with some guidance from Mr Stoofer... his devilish mind approving of the setup should do nothing to assuage your fear...

I have decided, benevolently, to take into some account your questionnaires in the flavor, mechanics, and role assignment in this game.

Things that don’t make sense will be our main theme... If something makes sense, be wary.

Historical Disfigurements figures to be a prominent secondary element...

And Existentialism will no doubt play a part -- when has Existentialism ever made sense anyway?

Authority Figures, Pokemon, Digimon, & Harry Potter, and Literary Characters didn't make the cut explicitly, though I would not be surprised if some or all of them wove their way into the game.

And you can bet that some themes not disclosed by me or suggested by you will have a great bearing on this game's outcome...

Prepare for what's coming... You've been warned.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #74 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by Guardian »

Good, you're reading this. You
should
be that paranoid.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Guardian »

The official vote counter hasn't arrived yet...

From my reckoning, cicero has about 3 votes right now. No one else has votes, right?

There appear to be 12 of you... So 7 or so to lynch? Not sure... The vote counter will be here soon...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #96 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Guardian »

I'm not, as of yet, a player, so I can't be lynched per rule 3. If I had been a player, which I hinted I might have been, I would have been lynched, and the game would be modless and thus over.

I'd have run this setup again, hoping for more charitable players less inclined to lynch me.

---

Luckily (I suppose) for you, I am not yet a player. However, all of you
are
players, although most/all of you don't have your roles yet. Deadline for pregame is Friday, noon. It will not end before then unless a player is lynched.

Feel free to lynch each other... but I won't be adjusting the setup to compensate for the role that person would have gotten if they don't have a role yet, and that role won't be revealed. So if you lynch the player who was going to be the un-night-killable cop, doc, vig, and the rest of the setup was townies, you're going to be pretty screwed, all game, and it is going to be your fault. Then again, you could lynch a mafia member...

If you manage to lynch a player with a role, that player's role will be revealed as normal.

Use your own judgment on the best course of action here.

As a mod, I'm deeply saddened by the lack of pre-game productivity. I am giving you this time for a reason.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Guardian »

BTW, I might have lied a little in my last post. So you know. Just a little. :D.

I get that you are bored of pre-game... and I get that you aren't going to do what I intended without me just giving it away, so I'm resolved to that.

Play nice for a few days, I will have ample time to start this game properly on Friday ;). Then people will confirm their roles and ask lots and lots of questions, and day 1 will start on Sunday or so.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #130 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Guardian »

Notice

The deadline for Pregame has come and gone. No one was lynched. No special activities were completed.

I'm about to receive a bunch of shipments that will aid in your play of this game, I'll put them on display as they come in, or maybe wait until the start of day one...

Roles are about to go out to players who have none. I'll spend 30 minutes or so making a final check of the roles, and then send them out to everyone. Oh, and someone will be modkilled. DGB is just
asking
for it...

Role/alignment reveal upon death will be... different... in this game.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #131 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Guardian »

Warning

All players now have roles.

I repeat, all players now have roles.

Again, if you have any questions about your role, I highly encourage you to PM me and ask. Most roles are complex and/or tricky. I hope you all live long and enjoy the role I've selected for you.

Well, all but one of you. A modkill will be coming soon...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #132 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Guardian »

Modkill(s)

Alright, time time has almost come. A modkill will now happen...

I grind my axe, sharpening and honing the blade. I know that you are wary, and I'll only have once chance to truly do this right. As I manipulate the grindstone, I think about all of you, and a few players come to mind as especially deserving of a premature exit from the game. The axe is sharp. I head out into the night, towards the place I have left you gahtered.

For all my previous conspicuousness, you don't notice as I sneak up behind your circle of discussion. Pondering your individual merits, I take note of each player, wondering who should be removed from the game. I've made my first selection. I know who I've decided should no longer be among the living.

I let out a barbaric yell, and you all turn and look at me, faces in terror. The face of the one who I was directly behind is positively morbid; he knows his fate. I swiftly raise my axe to its apex, continuing my blood curdling scream -- and time stops. As you watch in terror, you know the first of the modkills is about to happen...

...in about a day. I'm fairly set on the first player to be killed... but there may be multiple. And none of you is safe from my axe.

Many of you have petitioned for certain players or others to be killed. Many of you have voted me, to my
great
displeasure.

Some of you have even lurked heavily in the pre-game, and yet, in my great benevolence, I've sent you some cool roles... Even non-town roles... Yet you've wasted most of pregame, and tested your mod's patience. Are you a player that has tested it too far?

Now is the time to be questioning your pregame actions -- could you have done more? Should you have sent me more PMs? Should you be begging me right now for me to spare you?

Some self-examination is in order. Are you worthy to be spared? Or will you get the axe? I leave you with these thoughts. The murder will continue in about a day's time...

Do you think you deserve death? Well, what
you
think doesn't really matter. It all depends on what
I
pick.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #133 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Guardian »

Axing(s) and Day 1

The modkill is about to happen...

I swing my axe down. You hear thunder in the distance, over the ocean, not too far away from your tidal cliff. You see the lightning reflected off my axe as I bring it down towards my unwitting victim's head. I'm about to chop her head clean off, leaving nothing but a bloody stump behind...

But DrippingGoofBall dodges at the last minute! My axe is no longer on a collision course with her neck -- it strikes her oblong, oversized, ridiculous watermelon head, and becomes lodged there. I let go of my axe in shock -- and the momentum from my swing causes her to go head over heels, rolling towards the cliff. You all scream in terror as she leaves a trail of watermelon juice and seeds behind, and rush after her as she tumbles towards the precipice.

You almost catch up with her, but alas, she is just out of reach of your outstretched hands as she tumbles towards the water. You can't see her, though you hear a THWOP-like sound, which you can only speculate is the sound of her fruit-filled body dropping into the ocean.

DrippingGoofBall was modkilled. Obviously, she did not make sense.

As the shock wears off, you glance back at me, and see the fury in my eyes. I'd intended to kill more than one of you today... But my axe is now gone. DrippingGoofBall had literally been asking for it, but there were a few more who were quite deserving... With no weapon, I set up the packages I'd brought with me... They are described in the opening posts.

Furious, and filled with bloodlust, I shout out to you "know that
Saturday, March 22, noon is your deadline
. 7 will lynch." I storm off in a fit of rage, leaving you to your own devices.... The sun rises, and you begin discussing what to do with yourselves in this strange place...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #194 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 1

The TV screen is pretty clear... and you all suddenly notice that it is displaying the following:
Xtoxm[4] (hasdgfas, Lawrencelot, shaft.ed)
Adel[2] (Xtoxm, Paradoxombie)
Paradoxombie[2] (NabakovNabakov, Adel)
xyzzy[1] (Rogueben)

7 to lynch
~~~

The following is extremely relevant to this game. Read carefully, and use it with caution:

“Once upon a time,” Heliozur begun, flashing a wink at Vetrimielle to open and close brackets, “so you know this is a true story. All true stories begin with a ‘once upon a time.’”

“Once upon a time, in a fertile valley nestled in the dark spruce covered hills of Central Civiliope, lived an old man with his three sons. He was left alone to raise them after his wife died soon after giving birth to the youngest one, Nigul. The four men received few visitors, for they were a quarrelsome lot. They would engage in drunken fisticuffs over whose turn it was to plow the neglected field, milk the poor cow, or lead the emaciated sheep to pasture. They had discovered that they could greatly reduce time spent gathering firewood altogether, if they ate their food raw. Every vegetable they bothered to pluck from the field, anemic and hardened from the strain of growing untended, was consumed uncooked, or better yet, fermented along with some honey if a hive was discovered in the forest.”

“Nigul, who had not yet fully grown into the stuporous affect of his drink-addled elders, was routinely beaten into performing the most hated and yet necessary tasks, such as cleaning the decrepit barn from animal waste. He was enraged and emboldened by the festering sore of injustice. One day this rage overflowed, and he gathered the nerve to bitterly complain to his father, who struck him for his insolence. Nigul decided to leave the house of sloth and discord he had called home since the day he was born, and decided to wander and beg his way across the country in search of his fortune.”

“He walked several hours past the village, with its neat brick houses and carefully mended roofs, and passed a field from which wafted the smell of sweet, rising hay, lined with apple trees laden with hard, heavy green fruit, sheep and goats that rested, fat and content, in the soft honey clover. In the distance, a mature man and his wife were picking out weeds, talking and laughing; and their children hoeing rows of turnips and sweet beets that had begun to bulge above the dark soil line, wiping sweat on their smooth brows, and singing a hearty, garrulous song to energize their labors.”

“Sitting on a large grey rock, overseeing all these riches, was an impeccable young lady, wearing a dress of embroidered cloth, spinning a thread of gold. Curious, Nigul approached her, and, following the customary greetings of the valley, asked her who owned this prosperous farm. ‘He who owns me, owns all of what you see within these gates’ she said, motioning with her white arm. ‘And who are you?’ asked Nigul. ‘I am the fortune of the farmer who toils this land.’ Nigul thought for a minute, for he had never encountered a fortune before. ‘Where is my fortune?’ he asked her. ‘Oh,’ she said, ‘your fortune may be very far away. You are free to roam the world until you find her. I cannot tell you more.’ Nigul had nowhere to go, and upon hearing these words, made it his goal to find his fortune.”

“For months, and for years, he sought his fortune in every town, or village he came across. His beard grew coarse, his legs hardened from the trekking, and his feet roughened from being poorly shod. One day, finding himself in a ramshackle assemblage of pauper’s houses, ass-drawn wagons and tents on a particularly windy, cold night, without a donated trinket to barter against a bed and a piece of stale bread, he sat by a broken fountain, weary and cold. Next to him, a doddering, deformed old woman wearing moth-eaten men’s clothing, was hunched over, spinning a lumpy yarn of dirty, worn out hemp with her gouty fingers. He acknowledged her with a tip of his tatty hat, and settled under the threadbare, holey blanket that fit, crumpled up, in his pocket. She, on the other hand, livened up, and greeted him with a frightful smile, and said ‘Here you are!’ Nigul was certain that if he had met such a grotesque woman before, he would have remembered her. ‘Do I know you?’ he asked. ‘You don’t,’ she said, pronouncing her t’s with her gums, ‘but I’ve heard you’re looking for me.’ Nigul was horrified. ‘Are you my fortune?’ ‘Yes, yes I am.’”

“Horrified, Nigul stood up, and ran away as fast as he could before he heard another word from his blighted fortune, until he ran out of breath; he then saw an oil lamp shining in the distance, and walked towards it until he saw an old Hermit, warming up bark and vermin soup in a rusty pot. The Hermit saw him first, invited him to sit, and offered him a bowl of his slop, which a starving Nigul politely refused. ‘Why the rush?’ he asked his guest. ‘I just saw my fortune,’ Nigul panted, ‘she was a hideous thing, I must never see her again.’ ‘Hmmmm...’ though the Hermit. ‘A hideous fortune is not a terminal disease, young lad, for which there is no cure!’ He coughed a lump of viscous sputum into his sleeve, and advised Nigul thusly: ‘In the village of Suur Tartu, lives a young girl called Kaisalaina, with pearly teeth, hair tumbling like yarn of copper, and skin like a rosy peach, whose fortune is a charm. If you marry Kaisalaina, you will marry her fortune along with her; but you must remember, all your life, when someone asks you if anything belongs to you, to answer that nothing is yours, that everything they see belongs to your wife Kaisalaina.’

The next morning, Nigul awoke early, and, on a still empty stomach, bid goodbye to the Hermit, and began the week long trek to Suur Tartu, stopping only to drink from the streams, pick wild raspberries from the roadside, and catch grasshoppers for food. He arrived at close of day, further emaciated, but his heart so full of hope that he did not feel his exhaustion, when he noticed, caught on a fence, a long hair that glowed brighter than the sunset on the horizon. He lifted his head, and saw a log house dwarfed by a large sloped roof, made of fired clay tiles and a wisp of smoke escaping the lichen covered chimney. The short path leading to the front door was lined with spikes of fragrant reseda, bergamot, and dense mounds of sweet william; to his weary heart, it was an irresistible invitation.”

Heliozur looked up, and hesitated. “I don’t remember the rest, I seem to have forgotten. My mother knows; she told this story to my brothers, sisters and myself, over and over. I’ll have to ask her for the rest.” The spell was broken for the bewitched Vetrimielle, who burst with mock outrage. “I can’t believe this; you have me wrapped around your finger, and you are leaving me hanging with an unfinished fairy tale?”

“Anticipation will heighten your pleasure,” he whispered gravely. “You want to devour, I want you to taste. I want you to think of waiting as its own reward. Waiting is precious. Waiting is gold. In waiting, wishes swell up and become cravings, cravings grow into yearnings, yearnings heat up until they are the very hunger on which you life’s sustenance depends. When at last you reach your goal, taste the dish or kiss the lips, if you rush, you will devalue the wait. Let the wait and the now swirl together into your consciousness, and stretch the moment as much as you can. Allow yourself to become drunk with the moisture, the softness, the wrinkles, the color, the flavor, how eagerly and gently these lips move against your own. The birth of memories you will cherish always.”
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #224 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Guardian »

shameless plug.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #225 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 2

The TV remains on... you can still see it pretty clearly...
Paradoxombie[5] (NabakovNabakov, Adel, shaft.ed, Lawrencelot)
Xtoxm[1] (hasdgfas)
xyzzy[1] (Rogueben)

7 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #274 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by Guardian »

Notice

Lightning flashes through the stormy sky!

Pikachu grows excited.

The TV flashes off, then back on.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #275 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 3

The TV screen is clear, if a bit dark, after its switching on and off. As another bolt of lightning strikes -- this time much nearer to your group, just a few hundred meters off the cliff -- you can see the TV easily. It reads as follows...
Paradoxombie[4] (NabakovNabakov, Adel, shaft.ed)
Xtoxm[1] (hasdgfas)
xyzzy[1] (Rogueben)

7 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #316 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Guardian »

Prod sent to xyzzy.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #330 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 4

The TV screen is sooo dark. You can't see it at all. Then one of you pulls out a flashlight, shines it at the TV, and you can see easily. "Idiot..." You glimpse the TV before the light goes out, and you're left again in darkness, interrupted by the increasingly frequent lightning strikes...
xyzzy[3] (Rogueben, Paradoxombie, Xtoxm)
Paradoxombie[2] (NabakovNabakov, cicero)
Xtoxm[2] (hasdgfas, Lawrencelot)
vollkan[2] (shaft.ed)
Adel[1] (Xtoxm)

7 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #382 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Guardian »

Yeah, sure...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #413 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Guardian »

Notice

You are shaken to the ground as lightning hits the edge of the cliff! It keeps... getting... closer... It's almost like... one of you is controlling it!?

Pikachu's eyes glow red in a mad frenzy.

The TV flashes pure light, and then is normal color again.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #440 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 5

The TV screen is too dark to see. Luckily, most of you have basic counting skills. You work together and determine that this is a pseudo accurate representation of the votes:
xyzzy[2] (Paradoxombie, Xtoxm)
Paradoxombie[2] (NabakovNabakov, cicero)
Xtoxm[2] (hasdgfas, Rogueben)
shaft.ed[1] (vollkan)

7 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #459 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Guardian »

Prod sent to Xtoxm.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #460 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Guardian »

Guardian wrote:Deadline?: March 22 noon EST.
Guardian wrote: There will be
no
extensions. A deadline is a deadline, so talk while you can.
Guardian wrote:At deadline, if a player has a majority of the votes being cast (e.g. all votes not on Not Voting) that player will be lynched. Otherwise, no lynch will occur and night will commence.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #475 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Guardian »

Notice

Thunder booms violently overhead. A bolt of lightning zooms towards the ground. It singes one of your heads! Damn, this unnatural controlled lightning just keeps getting closer!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #477 (isolation #27) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 6

With the light of the lightning bolt, you can see the TV screen, if only for an instant:
Paradoxombie[6] (NabakovNabakov, cicero, Rogueben, shaft.ed, Adel)
Xtoxm[2] (hasdgfas, Paradoxombie)
shaft.ed[1] (vollkan)
Adel[1] (Lawrencelot)
xyzzy[1] (Xtoxm)

7 to lynch
Last edited by Guardian on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #500 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 7

Barely any time has passed. You can still see:
Paradoxombie[4] (NabakovNabakov, cicero, Rogueben, Adel)
Xtoxm[2] (hasdgfas, Paradoxombie)
shaft.ed[1] (vollkan)
xyzzy[1] (Xtoxm)
hasdgfas[1] (Lawrencelot)

7 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #524 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by Guardian »

Notice

As it observes the lightning, Pikachu's eyes glow red in a mad, sadistic frenzy.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #525 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 8

Your actions and words seem to be going in slow motion. You can still see the TV from the light from that lightning bolt:
Paradoxombie[4] (NabakovNabakov, cicero, Rogueben, Adel)
Xtoxm[1] (hasdgfas)
shaft.ed[1] (vollkan)
xyzzy[1] (Xtoxm)
hasdgfas[1] (Lawrencelot)
Adel[1] (Paradoxombie)

7 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #552 (isolation #31) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 9

Another lightning bolt starts to flash as the seconds roll by...
Paradoxombie[3] (NabakovNabakov, cicero, Rogueben)
xyzzy[3] (Xtoxm, shaft.ed)
Xtoxm[1] (hasdgfas)
shaft.ed[1] (vollkan)
Adel[1] (Paradoxombie)

7 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #558 (isolation #32) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Guardian »

cicero has been prodded.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #560 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Guardian »

Deadline will hit in 48 hours, minus 10 or so minutes, so there is no time zone confusion.

No votes placed after deadline will count.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #611 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 10

You can see the TV set from the glow of rage in Pikachu's eyes:
Paradoxombie[4] (NabakovNabakov, cicero, Rogueben, vollkan)
xyzzy[2] (Xtoxm, Paradoxombie)
Lawrencelot[1] (Adel)

7 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #616 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Guardian »

25 hours until deadline.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #619 (isolation #36) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:07 am

Post by Guardian »

Yes.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #642 (isolation #37) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 11

Pikachu wants to kill someone... but the lightning is approaching... The light from all the bolts striking around you lights up the sky as if it were daytime...:
Rogueben[5] (shaft.ed, NabakovNabakov, Adel, Xtoxm)
xyzzy[
] (
Xtoxm,
Paradoxombie, Lawrencelot, Rogueben)
Paradoxombie[2] (cicero, vollkan)

7 to lynch
Fixed due to mod error.
Last edited by Guardian on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #671 (isolation #38) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 12, Final Day 1 Vote Count

Time stops:
Rogueben[7] (shaft.ed, NabakovNabakov, Adel, Xtoxm, Paradoxombie, Lawrencelot)
Paradoxombie[2] (cicero, vollkan)
xyzzy[1] (Rogueben)

7 to lynch
Rogueben has received the number of votes required to lynch a player. You have a few final moments to discuss the happenings of the day....
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #700 (isolation #39) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Guardian »

This game is designed to keep every player in an animated state of confusion. I hope finding your way out of said confusion is and continues to be very enjoyable. I'd like to know if it isn't beforehand; most likely I won't be able to do anything about it, but there is that off chance. :)
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #703 (isolation #40) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Guardian »

It's the (out of character) tag.

Vote count 12 was the final day 1 vote count.

No votes (or unvotes) will be counted until tomorrow.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #708 (isolation #41) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Guardian »

Pikachu's Rage and Night 1

You've made your intentions clear. Rogueben is the one you want to see dead.

The thunder around you glows louder, louder. Multiple lightning strikes form concentric circles around Rogueben... And Pikachu's eyes are like fire, as it charges towards Rogueben, in a fit of rage.

You are its masters. It knows what you want it to do. Nothing can stop it from its orders....

The lightning converges around Rogueben, and he can't move. His face is twisted in terror, as pikachu's teeth show, as the little yellow monster charges towards him. Pikachu leaps towards Rogueben, through the lightning -- but the lightning is like a shield, and batters Pikachu away! Another bolts strikes down, hitting the creature. And another, and another. Pikachu at first absorbs the energy, but then, as too much collects, it ravages through his body, and chars him, leaving him black and burnt.

Pikachu is dead. The lightning shield around Rogueben dissipates, and he is spared. You don't ever get to find out his true motives; he leaves the charred circle in the rock, and rejoins your numbers.

Terrified from the event, you see the sun setting far off the coast below the water in the west. You decide that after that tumultuous occurrence, you don't want to try lynching again. It is dark anyways. You can hardly see.

You can't see at all, it is pitch black. You can't see each other anymore; night has fallen. You stand there in the darkness, waiting for day to break.

Night 1 has fallen. Night choices are due 72 hours from now. Day 2 will start between 48 and 72 hours from now.

~~~

“Vetri! Is that Rehamma wandering out in the bushes, or has the zoo left the cages open too long?” Vetrimielle peered out, and threw her hands out as she saw the neighbor, clad in unfashionable peacock feather and leopard prints, pulling seed heads from her spent flowers with her chubby hands, and stuffing them in little plastic bags. “I know she never plants any of these seeds.” She kept watching her, motionless. “You’re not going to go out to greet her?” he wondered. “I guess I have to.” As slowly as she could, she walked to the front door to the garden.

Not wanting to startle Rehamma, who was wholly engrossed, Vetrimielle waved at her unenthusiastically. “There you are,” she rose up from the bed of peonies. “Can you tell me why these peonies have no seeds?”

“First, the seed heads are still green, and they aren’t ripe. Second, that particular peony you are looking at is an intergeneric hybrid. It is sterile. Like a mule.” “Why? Why can’t they have seeds? The nicest one, and it can’t have seeds. I am so vexed! I remember the yellow and brown daylily that had nice flowers last year. Where is it?” Vetrimielle tried to remember, and pointed in the general direction of the Maidenhair tree.

“Can I have a clump from that daylily? It’s big enough, you can divide it. The bright red one, too. What about that tall one with the orange ring? They’re all well grown. Oh, I have to tell you what happened. You know Adel? Adel had a bush she wanted to get rid of, so I told her, I’ll take it, and I planted it. This spring, she sees it, and she says she wants it back. Vetrimielle! I was so vexed! You have no idea how vexed I am. Who gives something, and takes it back? She is so stupid. That’s not what my mother taught me, she taught me, if you give something, and you want back, go buy yourself a new one. I grabbed the bush from the stem, and pulled it out of the ground, and I said, ‘Here! Here you go, you can have it back.’”

Vetrimielle shrugged and raised her eyebrows, it didn’t seem like much to be upset about, but she made an effort to look mildly sympathetic. She realized that she’d failed when Rehamma recounted the event again, like she’d hadn’t just heard it, adding more salacious detail, like the elderly Adel would visit often only to soak her feeble mind in Rehamma’s wines and expensive liquor. “I’m going to the bazaar, why don’t you come? They have big discounts on perennials. Come! Come with me.”

Vetrimielle, who was outgoing, but correctly perceived as detached, or worse as an eccentric, never received these invitations, never might again, and decided to go along.

The bazaar was a windowless, grey cement enclosure with a very high, wavy steel roof and bare supporting beams – on the scale of the greatest cathedrals. Within, sound waves echoed and bounced listlessly against metal, linoleum tiles, and boxes, like a one note organ. Rehamma herded a disoriented Vetrimielle across her familiar grounds. Seeing this vast expanse loaded with an overabundance of goods, Vetrimielle remembered the time when a good needle was worth its weight in gold, weaving ennobled women, and goatherd was a reputable profession. She remembered when humans walked for miles for water. When the nights were dark, and you could see the Milky Way.

Rehamma pointed to row after row of rectangular screens that emitted bad dreams. Some were extraordinarily large, forming unending walls of flashing nightmares in painful primary colors. “Hey, you need a new TV. You need a big one!” She declined, “aw, no, the smaller these things are, the better.” “You don’t need to pay it right away, a little bit every month, I know, I have the biggest kind!” Rehamma insisted, missing the point entirely, until something else caught her attention; enough racks of women’s clothing to get lost in. She grabbed a knit shirt with eggplant, peach and yellow geometric designs and wide butterfly sleeves, laying it across her chest. “You think this looks good?” asked Rehamma. “Do you have pants or a skirt that match?” Gicen what she'd seen of Rehamma's wardrobe, Vetrimielle thought this might be a distinct possibility, and repressed a smile.

“You know I bought some high heel sandals here last week, and I tried to wear them and after a few hours, they were so painful, I could not wear them anymore. So I try to return them and they said, no return on shoes. I was so vexed, I am telling you, Vetri, I was so vexed. They would not take them back. I told them, I am going to stay here until you take them back, and I spoke to the manager, and then the manager’s manager, and then they took them back. Even if they took them back I am vexed.” She turned to a display of sterile bouquets of fresh, cut flowers, containing some white chrysanthemums that looked like they had been dyed unnatural shades of blue. “You see these flowers? Don’t buy them. They die the next day.”

When Rehamma spied Adel in pushing a cart in a aisle filled with soap boxes all the way to the ceiling, she started to wave and jump, but her voice did not carry, so she quickened her goose step to meet up with her, Vetrimielle tagging along on her way to the stranger who took back given bushes. Approaching, there was a smell of oregano, basil, and fennel seed seasoning the unmistakable aroma of lamb gristle. A bazaar employee, hair-netted, white clad, and sterile-gloved, was distributing pieces of sausage on toothpicks, with Rehamma and Adel, giggling accomplices, gorging themselves repeatedly on free samples. Both put several packages in their shopping baskets, to alleviate their guilt from the sin of gluttony.

Vetrimielle was becoming so bored she began considering crawling out of her own skin, and oozing away. When they parted ways with Adel after paying for their purchases, Rehamma was cornered into filling one of the many voids in Vetrimielle’s conversation. “You know, she’s divorced? Last year, she came to my house, every day, she comes, even in the morning, and she cries, and she laments, and I listen, like a good girl friend. She comes in the morning, I give her glasses of cognac, that costs like liquid gold, and when it’s my turn, I have problem, she doesn’t listen to me. All she thinks of is herself. She vexes me so much. You have no idea how much she vexes me.”

It took Rehamma an eternity to buy a few coins worth of sickly perennials, many of them unadvisable for Sweet Maple Island’s climate, before Vetrimielle was released back home. When Rehamma could be seen driving away in her covered steel chariot, Logophoron commented on how ostentatiously upscale it was, with sincere indifference. “Her husband gave it to her for the birthday,” Vetrimielle told Logophoron.

“When it comes to these chariots, it matters little whether they are fancy or plain. If you drive them into a brick wall, they all look like accordions.” Logophoron smiled at his own wit, and Vetrimielle laughed until her sides became sore.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #709 (isolation #42) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Guardian »

Day 2: Explosion, Choking, and A New Home.

You hear a great many eerie sounds that clatter and boom throughout the night. A hiss as someone stops breathing sends chills down your spine, then an explosion. Hushed whispers seem to fill the air around you, as you curl up in fear.

Not a moment too soon, you see light, coming, from somewhere. You feel the ground beneath your feet again; it is changed, it is grainer, and dry. You can't pinpoint where the sun is exactly, as it reflects off the sand -- you are in the middle of the desert.

You look around you, and see many familiar faces from yesterday. There are two fewer among you than there were before, though.

You see NabakovNabakov, Beethoven's Otosclerosis, a Post Restriction Doctor, asphyxiated -- he choked on gillyweed last night. As you think about it, you realize that he never made sense.

You realize that vollkan isn't there as well -- as you look at each other, you see the last few bits of his clothing already being blown away and covered by the sand. Somehow you know he was killed by the explosion. He was Nash's Schizophrenia, a Post Restriction Giver. He was an existentialist.

Mourning the death of your comrades, you look around... And realize that your settings today are not that different from those yesterday, albeit dryer. Sandslash lulls about lazily a few paces away from you. The beat up TV is there, and much easier to see in the sunlight. The cage is still there, and still empty. Tornadoes swirl off in the distance...

The wind is blowing at 10 kph to the west, almost as if it is moving the sun across the sky. The meter still has twelve vertical holes, and pegs are inserted at positions 3, 4, and 10, counting up from the ground. You don't see me anywhere, but one of you has a note that seems to have appeared from nowhere, in my handwriting, that says
Tuesday, April 15, 10 PM EST is your deadline
. 6 will lynch, today.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #755 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 13

It is still bright and early. The TV reads:
Paradoxombie[3] (Adel, Xtoxm, Rogueben)
Adel[1] (shaft.ed)

6 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #800 (isolation #44) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 14

Sandslash looks interested in you. The cage rattles mysteriously. The TV reads:
Paradoxombie[3] (Adel, Xtoxm, Rogueben)
Xtoxm[2] (hasdgfas)
Adel[2] (shaft.ed, Paradoxombie)
hasdgfas[1] (cicero)
cicero[1] (Lawrencelot)

6 to lynch
Last edited by Guardian on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #864 (isolation #45) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Guardian »

Paradoxombie wrote:
Mod, is it a mistake that mine and Shaft.ed's votes on adel are separated in the last count?
yes, fixed.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #865 (isolation #46) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 15

The TV reads:
Paradoxombie[2] (Xtoxm, Rogueben)
Adel[2] (Paradoxombie, Lawrencelot)
hasdgfas[2] (cicero, shaft.ed)

6 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #916 (isolation #47) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Guardian »

Notice

The tornadoes grow larger and get closer. Sandslash looks slightly interested.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #925 (isolation #48) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 16

Sandslash finally moves out from in front of the TV. It reads:
Paradoxombie[3] (Xtoxm, Rogueben, Adel)
cicero[1] (Lawrencelot)
Adel[1] (Paradoxombie)
hasdgfas[1] (shaft.ed)
xyzzy[1] (cicero)

6 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #953 (isolation #49) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 17

The wind blows back your hair. Sandslash looks almost cute, and innocent. A perfect world.
You read the TV:
Paradoxombie[3] (Xtoxm, Rogueben, Adel)
Adel[2] (Paradoxombie, Lawrencelot)
xyzzy[1] (cicero)

6 to lynch
~~~

“Where was I?” Heliozur asked himself.

“Ah, yes. Nigul had finally made his way to Suur Tartu, dirty and hungry, and found what he thought might be one of Kaisalaina’s hair caught on a fencepost. I remember now. Nigul walked on a stone path flanked by a lovely flower garden on either side, and knocked on the painted door, half under pretense of looking for charity, half to look for Kaisalaina. A old woman opened the door ajar, poking out a hair coiffed with plaits of white and red hair under a white lace bonnet. Given what he knew to be his own beggarly appearance, Nigul was amazed with her broad smile upon seeing him, and the way she opened the door broadly.”

“What Nigul didn’t know, is that a year earlier, the village of Suur Tartu had been the scene of great atrocities. A short distance from the sea, Suur Tartu was mercilessly raided and pillaged by a large band of fearsome, armed invaders that had disembarked from a long, wide, single-sail galley, moored on a desolate beach. They walked in determined silence, shields up, copper helmets covering their pale faces, save their steely eyes, until they found a vulnerable settlement. They had left their Northern chiefdoms in search of amenable slaves to serve as oarsmen, for their oarsmen tended to die early, often, and quickly. They sailed along their own jagged coast for several days, then made a bold, desperate move. They could not raid the same towns over and over; fortifications were erected, arms were smith, men would lookout for them on the horizon from the shore, and they were greeted with ragtag, but very motivated armies. The decided to cross the cold sea of the North, and surprise some southerners accustomed to the spoils of peace.”

“When they saw the Abbey’s modest bell tower in the distance, the sea bandits hastened their pace. It was a well-practiced choreography. They fractionated themselves into smaller groupings, spread themselves out, with those at the periphery walking ever faster, and those in the center of the line slowing down, to encircle the village.”

“What followed was a whirlwind of shining steel, blood, slaughter, conflagration, savage screams and desperate begging, a terror that lived on in the hearts of the survivors for years to come, and for some, until the end of their natural lives. After capturing Kaisalaina’s father and brothers, binding them tightly with fibrous ropes, and escorting them to their galley without granting them the privilege to say goodbye to the rest of their family, the invaders found their way into Kaisalaina’s home, kicking the door, shouting and brandishing their lances. The leader of the pack suddenly balked, and barred the others from walking in using his strong arm as a barrier, and began to speak to the others nervously, in their foreign language, and the men quieted. They had walked in on a red-headed mother and her red-headed daughter, pulling steaming, hot skeins of wool from a large black stockpot with a stick filled with boiling red onion skins and walnut husks, checking if the color had taken. Above the hearth, they saw a polished brass bugle with inscriptions they did not understand, on the table, bowls overflowing with goldenrod, tight bundles of peeled bark, and small glass jar containing dried, purple cochineal insects.”

“A leather purse was nervously passed on to the leader, who, with ostentatious ceremony, emptied its contents; gold coins tumbled and rang dully when striking the wooden floor. One by one, the warriors lifted their helmets, revealing unkempt, oily flaxen hair, solemnly depositing their valuable headgear before the astonished women. They stood up to greet them as civilized hostesses would, apologize for not having soup ready, and to tell them that their extravagant gifts were not needed. They never opened their mouths to utter the words, for their movement was their clue to turn around and run away as if they had seen the devil himself.”

“They never figured out what it is that the men saw, or interpreted, that caused such a supernatural fright. When the plunderers left, they had slaughtered every child, monk, elderly. They captured every man of sound body, and Suur Tartu was nothing but a village of devastated women, terrified with the prospect that the looters may one day return.”

“Little did Nigul know, when he was invited in, that he was immediately seen as a blessing from Providence herself. He was a man that could protect them, labor on the farm, and be one half of a good marriage that would signal the return to normal family life. In addition to the older woman that had opened the door, there were four young women in the house, of an age between childhood and womanhood. The three that did not look like sisters were each minding wan, young babies of the same age.”

Vetrimielle interrupted, upon hearing the veiled reference to rape. “Your mother told you this story?”

“Maybe.” He continued.

“The red haired one, was clearly the eldest, and the daughter. When he heard her name, he knew that he she was the one he had to conquer, if he wanted to live prosperously. He had found Kaisalaina.”

“They were all besides themselves with joy. Nigul was anxiously brought into the house, fed a hearty stew, with sweet rutabagas, bright orange carrots, onions, peas and mutton. He was shaven, washed in perfumed, warm water, dressed in the neat clothes of the captured man of the house, now long gone. He was shown a room with its own hearth, and a bed with sheets of finely woven white linen where he was expected to sleep. Nigul felt like he had wandered in paradise, but more importantly, he had found Kaisalaina, and his fortune was bound to change.”

“After a few weeks, he proposed, and was accepted without hesitation. The groom and bride were hastily wed without benefit of a reception or a honeymoon, and they moved into a recently abandoned farming house. The house was afoul with the smell of a thousand slaughterhouses from dried human blood, and Nigul wanted no part of it. But Kaisalaina filled her bucket at the well with determination, and began to scrub with a long handled brush. She looked at her new husband, still standing and watching, and she gave him the short brush, saying, ‘let me show you a song.’ Nigul did not think his new fortune included kneeling on the floor and doing women’s work. He had bitter memories still from his youth; when he leaned to help her wash the planks, despite the nauseating odor, and his reluctance, her voice raised into song. She had the most beautiful of voices, clear like a stream, thrilling like a bird. He forgot the stench, he forgot his muscles burning from the labor, he forgot his past.”

“From that day onward, Nigul found increasing enjoyment in industry and exertion, for as long as Kaisalaina was by his side, the sun was shining. Slowly he learnt to sing with her. His instincts were good, and his baritone added a note of harmony to her joyful soprano. Day by day, the house filled up with womanly touches, lace curtains, glazed pottery, crock pots, tablecloth. The garden grew, fruit trees were pruned, the earth was tilled, crops were sown and harvested. After a while they acquired sheep for the wool and meat, and goats for their milk. And then the miracle of life brought them two sons and a daughter that were doted on, like Nigul never was before.”

“Nigul never thought about that old Hermit ever again, but one day he was on his way to taking his sheep to pasture, and had just opened his gate, when an old man walked by, holding a lantern, and balancing a stick on his shoulder from which hung several rats tied by their tails. ‘Here’s a handsome lad with a handsome herd,’ he croaked and coughed, spitting out a sucked out grasshopper, ‘who does all this belong to?’ Without thinking, Nigul answered: ‘It’s mine, why do you ask?’ The old man snapped ‘I though the only thing you could ever own was your destiny.’ And he resumed walking without waiting for an answer.”

Heliozur stopped short. “That’s all my mother had the time to remind me of, the last time she came over to stay with my family. I promise I will extract the rest of the tale from her next time I see her.”

“What if there is no next time?” asked Vetrimielle, who hoped the next time would come very soon, despite the odds of a long period of separation looming again.

“There will be. I give you my word.” Heliozur meant it. He knew he'd be willing to circle the earth, if that was needed to make it happen.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #960 (isolation #50) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Guardian »

Until school's out (Early May), expect my dedication to mafiascum to suffer, perhaps greatly. Then I'll have little access at all for a week. Then I'll be back in full swing. This mat be detrimental to the game, as flavor is a bit important. I'll do my best to keep this as top MS priority. Please be a little more patient than usual, and if I don't get to a vote count, or flavor notice, for a few pages/for a while after you'd expect me to, this is why.

Make sure to PM me for things requiring immediate attention.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #966 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Guardian »

There is no backup mod, and a fill-in to just do vote counts would not... work... in this game.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #968 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Guardian »

It should be fine... like I said it'll just be my #1 priority on mafiascum.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #970 (isolation #53) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Guardian »

Deadline in 1 week + 12 hours, or so.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #990 (isolation #54) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 18

You read the TV again:
Adel[3] (Lawrencelot, shaft.ed, Paradoxombie)
cicero[2] (Adel)
xyzzy[1] (cicero)

6 to lynch
~~~

Vetrimielle and Heliozur were settled in the wicker carriage that was strapped to the now giant blue jays, cuddled under a blanket of bare down feathers. Despite the constant beating of wings, the long ride to Mossy Moutain was to be amazingly smooth.

When Heliozur became sufficiently comfortable with this extraordinary mode of travel, he resumed where he had left off last time they had seen each other.

“Nigul did not realize it, but he had made a terrible mistake, when he claimed that anything at all belonged to him. A terrible, terrible mistake. After the foul old man walked away, Nigul kept on walking his sheep to a rich, cool pasture near a stream that came from the high mountain, a white froth rushing over a bed of smooth gray stones and boulders. Not once did he look back, straining along with the herd upon his ascent. After a long day, he reached the grass-thatched hut he’d built the previous summer, and settled in for the night. He arose at dawn from the sound of his dog’s bark. The sheep had suddenly turned lame, blisters on their feet, blisters in their mouths, pained with sores and bothered with ticks and lice. One by one, they failed, and died. Nigul was impotent. When the last animal turned cold, Nigul walked home, with his dog as his only companion, numb of mind, limbs shaking. Before he could share his bad news, he was greeted anxiously by a despairing Kaisalaina, pulling him by the sleeve to show him how the fields had become nothing more than rows of stubble after a freak hailstorm. She dragged him to an empty barn from which the hens had escaped, and the goat fallen to disease. Nigul, in shock, said nothing: he held her in his arms, and let her weep until all her weeping was done. Then he told her about the sheep.”

“It wasn’t long that further tragedy was heaped upon their woes when they recognized the acrid smell of smoke, and saw, with horror, a black cloud rising from the house, their roof aflame. The children were running towards them, but it was too late. They were completely and utterly dispossessed, save a few coins that Kaisalaina kept in her apron.”

“The barn, recently contaminated by disease, was off-limits. They had too much pride to beg off their neighbors, they did not want to lose face, so acute was the shame of being destitute. With nothing but the clothes off their backs, they walked for a week to reach the village of Laukassaare, sleeping by the roadside, drinking from streams, feeding off berries and seeds. Nigul had once been a resourceful vagabond; to his own fortune he was once again reduced. And still Kaisalaina kept smiling, and singing. That’s when Nigul understood everything he ever needed to understand.”
“When they arrived, they saw the welcoming signpost of an inn. Wishing for a comfortable rest for his weary family, Nigul spoke to the innkeeper, who could shelter them all for one night for 4 pennies, which was the exact amount left in Kaisalaina’s apron.”

“’We’ll stay the night,’ said Nigul, ‘and these coins I am paying you with, aren’t even my own, for I have nothing.” He looked at Kaisalaina, whose fortitude, resourcefulness, energy, hard work, and loving disposition was worth more than all the gold in every vault of every King and every bank put together. “These coins belong to my wife, Kaisalaina; even the love that burns in my heart, isn’t mine. It is all hers. Without her, I am nothing but a wretch.’”

“When the innkeeper heard this, he was so touched that he gave them the keys to the honeymoon room, the one with the lace curtains and the view on the lake, and sent them the minstrels at no cost for the evening.’”

Heliozur fell silent, and waited modestly for Vetrimielle’s reaction. “You truly have a gift for storytelling. Every word so rich, so perfectly chosen. How do you do it?”

“I rehearse.”

“Rehearse?”

“I compose, re-write a million times, and learn by heart. For you.”

He leaned over her side, kissed her gently, in his black eyes, a twinkle.

Vetrimielle blushed with astonishment. Indeed, it had been worth waiting for.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #993 (isolation #55) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Guardian »

The vote count is correct...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #999 (isolation #56) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Guardian »

Notice

The tornadoes grow even closer...
Sandslash is loafing around.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1000 (isolation #57) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:54 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 19

You read the TV again:
Adel[4] (Lawrencelot, shaft.ed, Paradoxombie)
Lawrencelot[2] (hasdgfas)
cicero[1] (Adel)
xyzzy[1] (cicero)

6 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1009 (isolation #58) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Guardian »

cicero, xyzzy, Rogueben have been prodded.

I remind you that there is a deadline for April 15, as seen in the opening post.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1034 (isolation #59) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 20

Sandslash ignores orders:
Adel[2] (Paradoxombie, Xtoxm)
xyzzy[2] (cicero)
cicero[1] (Adel)
Paradoxombie[1] (Rogueben)

6 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1038 (isolation #60) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Guardian »

In complete forthrightness, this is my favorite and most ambitious endeavor so far on mafiascum, and if I'm off in the clouds somewhere and this is a game of drudgery for you all, I want to fix it before it is too late!

Want more vote counts? Less? Want to complain about the flavor? Wonder what happened to rule
pi
? PM me with any of these or any other concerns. I truly hope you are enjoying this as much as I am!

2 days, or so, until deadline.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1051 (isolation #61) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 21

The vote count can now legally consume alcoholic beverages:
Adel[2] (Paradoxombie, Xtoxm)
xyzzy[2] (cicero)
Paradoxombie[2] (Rogueben, xyzzy)
cicero[1] (Adel)

6 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1070 (isolation #62) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:20 am

Post by Guardian »

34:40 left. to be absolutely clear.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1083 (isolation #63) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Guardian »

that was hours:minutes... lol
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1143 (isolation #64) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 22

Time speeds up. You have less than 24 hours until deadline:
xyzzy[3] (cicero, Adel, Xtoxm)
Adel[2] (shaft.ed, Paradoxombie)
shaft.ed[1] ()

6 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1153 (isolation #65) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:09 am

Post by Guardian »

11 hours 51 minutes from this post, deadline hits.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1154 (isolation #66) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:10 am

Post by Guardian »

PS: I won't be around at that exact time, but votes after that point will not be counted!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1163 (isolation #67) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Guardian »

5 hours.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1164 (isolation #68) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 23

Sandslash is sharpening its claws. The tornadoes are nearing. Fear, uncertainty, doubt!:
xyzzy[3] (cicero, Adel, Xtoxm)
Adel[3] (shaft.ed, Paradoxombie)

6 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1175 (isolation #69) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 24 - Final Day 2 Vote Count

Sandslash leaps in the air... The TV reads:
xyzzy[6] (cicero, Adel, Xtoxm, hasdgfas, Rogueben)
Adel[3] (shaft.ed, Paradoxombie)
Paradoxombie[1] (xyzzy)

6 to lynch
An image frozen in time... At no later than 72 hours from now, this thread will be locked, and the day will end.

Feel free to continue discussion...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1201 (isolation #70) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Guardian »

Have a Heart, Sandslah and Night 2

Sandslash finally listens. He leaps at xyzzy, and tears his heart out.

The tornadoes almost catch up to him... but not before he gets his prize. He burrows into the sand, and the tornadoes lift you up, up and away from this place, carrying our items with you.

You feel the rush of air around you constantly, and everything fades to black.

xyzzy, Triforce of Wisdom, Mystery Role, didn't make sense... and now he never will.

Night 2 has fallen. Night choices are due 96 hours from now. Day 3 will start between 72 and 96 hours from now.

~~~
Fools.
Judge Judy wrote:If it doesn't make sense, it's usually is true.
Does Voldemort as a Doctor make sense? Not in the least. If one of you clowns dares to vote for Adel tomorrow, I will personally sizzle your pathetic little bacons. Do you hear me? No one votes for Adel. There will be consequences for transgressors.

And to anyone that contemplates nightkilling Adel: I can not stop you, but beware that you will be severely handicapped tomorrow if you dare to.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1202 (isolation #71) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Guardian »

cicero has requested replacement. looking...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1203 (isolation #72) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Guardian »

Kison replaces cicero... welcome him once tomorrow starts :P...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1204 (isolation #73) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Guardian »

No more night choices accepted; night is nearly over. I'll open the thread in ~8 hours when I get time...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1205 (isolation #74) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Guardian »

Seeing Green and Day 3

You spend tonight in a similar state of terror as you spent the last. You hear only one gasp throughout the night though, and that relieves you a bit.

The gasp was accompanied by a flash of green light; you could all see each other's faces for a minute; you could almost make out the killer -- but then the light faded as quickly as it had come, and you were left alone, in terror.

Soon, natural light came... and again, you felt sand beneath your feet. You realized, however, that today, you were on a tropical island. You are on the beach, the island is lush, there are palm trees all around you.

You look around you, and see many familiar faces from yesterday. Again, two among you are missing, however.

You see hasdgfas, The Spanish Inquisition, a Role Name Cop and One-Shot Reviver, dead with a look of terror on his face -- somehow you know that he must have been killed by that eerie flash of green light. Clearly, the Spanish Inquisition never made sense.

Paradoxombie, Neville Longbottom, Weak Doctor, is also dead with a look of terror on his face. He has his herbs clenched in his hands... He died from a heart attack. Neville didn't make sense.

That's two player's hearts that didn't make it through the game... Can yours take it?

Mourning the death of your comrades, you look around... And realize that your settings today are not that different from those yesterday, albeit wetter. Lapras swims about merrily offshore. The TV is there, and seems to have been fixed since you last saw it! The cage is still there, and still empty.

A hurricane looms on the horizon, however.

The wind is blowing at 18 kph to the west-south-west, again seemingly pushing the sun through the clouds.

The meter still has twelve vertical holes, and pegs are inserted at positions 1, 2, and 6, counting up from the ground.

You look around -- and see me, carrying my axe of doom. I scream:
Monday, May 12, 10 PM EST is your deadline

I then vanish into thin air. You hear my last words "you're welcome about the TV..." as my voice echoes away, and then you are left to yourselves on the island, wondering if you imagined me, if I was ever really there at all.

4 will lynch today.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1278 (isolation #75) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 25

What a beautiful day!:
Adel[2] (Adel)

4 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1281 (isolation #76) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 26

Still beautiful!:
Adel[1] ()

4 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1340 (isolation #77) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:32 am

Post by Guardian »

Nibbler's Wrath

Nibbler appears out of nowhere, and eats shaft.ed.

Why? No one knows.

shaft.ed was the Triforce of Courage, Mystery Role. Especially with all that haiku gibberish, he didn't make sense.

4 to lynch.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1341 (isolation #78) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:40 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 27

shaft.ed was blocking the TV. No more:
Xtoxm[1] (Adel)
Kison[1] (Lawrencelot)

4 to lynch
~~~

Free vote on yourself with every Adel vote!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1347 (isolation #79) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:42 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 28

Lapras looks peaceful. The hurricanes, while still far away, do not.:
Kison[3] (Lawrencelot, Rogueben, Xtoxm)
Xtoxm[1] (Adel)
Rogueben[1] ()

4 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1378 (isolation #80) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 29

Wow. Lapras is pretty huge.:
Kison[2] (Lawrencelot, Rogueben)
Adel[2] (Xtoxm)
Xtoxm[1] (Adel)
Rogueben[1] (Kison)

4 to lynch
~~~

Adel, voting for Xtomx? Outrageous. Everyone is now free to hammer Adel.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1394 (isolation #81) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:36 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 30, Final Day 3 Vote Count

What's Lapras doing...:
Adel[4] (Xtoxm, Lawrencelot, Rogueben)
Xtoxm[1] (Adel)
Rogueben[1] (Kison)

4 to lynch
Adel has received the number of votes required to lynch a player. You may continue to discuss today's events for a bit of time...

~~~

Hammering Adel or Rogueben is blessed.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1398 (isolation #82) » Thu May 01, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Guardian »

Getaway and Night 3

Lapras rides towards you. I emerge from behind one of his spikes and throw a spear, impaling Adel through the heart. She writhes in agony, stuck into the sand. She makes one last ghasp -- then fades away into a cloud of smoke. That's four hearts that just couldn't take it. Who's next?

I yell for you to hop aboard Lapras, and you all do -- each of you carrying an important item with you. I tell you not to move and cowering in fear you obey; you see I still have my axe with me. We ride off away from the sun and Lapras swims at superhuman, superpoké speeds; the sun sets in minutes. Again, all is black.

Adel, Lord Voldemort, Doctor, existentialist... is dead.

Night 3 has fallen. Night choices are due 72 hours from now. Day 3 will start between 48 and 72 hours from now.

~~~

Good job folks, it doesn't make sense that Lord Voldemort be an existentialist. What makes sense is that Adel was scum. Simone de Beauvoir, Albert Camus, Jean-Paul Sartre... but Lord Voldemort?

Xtomx WILL BE PROTECTED TONIGHT. By angels. He cannot die tonight.

Funeral arrangements have been made for Rogueben.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1399 (isolation #83) » Fri May 02, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Guardian »

Guardian twiddles his thumbs...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1400 (isolation #84) » Fri May 02, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Guardian »

Amidst the Spires and Day 4

As night goes on, you feel yourself being pushed and moved, and Lapras' spikes seem to grow, and grow. You are confused and disoriented, and as day dawns, you cannot even see the sun. Lapras' small spikes have grown into huge peaks; you cannot see the sun because all you can see is it reflecting off the mountains around you.

You look around you, and at first glance it appears everyone is still alive.

At second, glance, however, you realize that you are correct -- indeed, everyone is still alive!

You look around... And realize that your settings today are not that different from those yesterday, albeit wetter. Vulpix patters about playfully. The TV is there, and is functional! The cage is still there, and still empty. It is charred black, however...

There is a light mist about the place.

There is no wind.

The meter still has twelve vertical holes, and there is
only one
peg in the meter, at hole 7.

You look around -- and see that I've left you a note:
Tuesday, May 20, 8 PM EST is your deadline

3 will lynch today.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1415 (isolation #85) » Sat May 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Guardian »

Law has been prodded.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1426 (isolation #86) » Sun May 04, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 31

The TV Reads:
Rogueben[2] (Lawrencelot)

3 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1428 (isolation #87) » Sun May 04, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Guardian »

Last week of final exams; I'm not allowing myself to check the site from now until I am done with this semester's work. 1 week. I shouldn't be missed...

I *MAY* check the site exactly once to do a VC for this game. Otherwise have fun.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1451 (isolation #88) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 32

The TV Reads:
Rogueben[2] (Kison)
Kison[1] (Rogueben)

3 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1477 (isolation #89) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 33

The TV Reads:
Rogueben[2] (Kison)
Kison[1] (Rogueben)

3 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1534 (isolation #90) » Fri May 09, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 34

The TV Reads:
Rogueben[2] (Kison)
Kison[1] (Rogueben)
Xtoxm[1] (Xtoxm)

3 to lynch
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1553 (isolation #91) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 35, Final Day 4 Vote Count

Vulpix looks angry... The TV reads:
Rogueben[3] (Kison, Lawrencelot)
Kison[2] (Rogueben, Xtoxm)

3 to lynch
Rogueben has received the number of votes required to lynch a player. You may continue to discuss today's events for a bit of time...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1557 (isolation #92) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Guardian »

No Heart for the Hero and Night 4

Vulpix uses Ember... on Rogueben's heart. It burns from the core, and crumbles in a heap of ash. None of you can see this... you just hear Rogueben's screams of agony, as his heart becomes the fourth that couldn't make it through the game. He collapses like a rag doll.

Rogueben, Link, Savior of Hyrule, vigilante, didn't make sense... and is dead.

Everything fades to black...

Night 4 has fallen. Night choices are due 72 hours from now. Day 5 will start between 24 and 72 hours from now.

~~~

Aw crap, folks, sorry, we should have killed Kison. Well I'm only human, what can I say.

Xtomx will be protected by Angels once again.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1558 (isolation #93) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Guardian »

Memories and Day 5

You wake up... the mountains have disappeared... you are back to the cliff, and campsite, where this all started. Few of those noble souls who started this journey remain with you. Who will remain after today...?

You saw Xtoxm get killed at night... You couldn't see the surroundings, but the fire that extinguished his life made what happened to him perfectly clear. He was balefired back to the 20th century; he burned to a crisp, and then just disappeared; not one ash of him remains.

Xtoxm, Napoleon's Dynamite, Doctor and One Shot Vig, was balefired back to the 20th century night 4. Xtoxm didn't make sense.

You look around... and somehow you know, the game is not yet over...

I stand somberly a few paces away from you, observing your every move. My axe is brandished, and you can tell from my stare that you dare not move an inch.

The TV is there, and is functional! The cage is gone.

There is a light mist about the place.

There is no wind.

The meter still has twelve vertical holes... and there are no pegs in the meter!

You see that I've left you a note:
Friday, May 23, 8 PM EST is your deadline

2 will lynch today.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1561 (isolation #94) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 36

The TV Reads:
Lawrencelot[1] (Kison)

2 to lynch
~~~

Hint: You have to vote yourself to end the game as a formality, because it just doesn't make any sense. Does that make sense?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1563 (isolation #95) » Tue May 13, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 37: The Final Vote Count of the Game

Time stops!

The TV Reads:
Kison[2] (Lawrencelot)
Lawrencelot[1] (Kison)

2 to lynch
---

Tune in in 5 hours +/- 1 hour, for the
stunning
conclusion.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1564 (isolation #96) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Guardian »

The Stunning Conclusion

Kison and Lawrencelot vote each other... They stand in silence, waiting for something to happen... and then something does.

I rush towards Kison and with one swing of my axe, shave his head clean off. Blood splatters everywhere... Kison is dead.

Kison was just what he said he was, the Triforce of Power. The Triforce of Power being scum doesn't make sense. Lawrencelot chuckles a bit with glee. The Scientifically, Historically, and Politically Astute Unesurrectable Gossip Monger made it through to the end -- the last one standing! Or was he...

Suddenly, he is able to see someone who was there all along... Someone who has been lurking in the shadows, subtly influencing the game... DrippingGoofBall, Harry Potter, suddenly appears, with a grim smile on his face.

A Scientifically, Historically, and Politically Astute Unesurrectable Gossip Monger being scum makes sense... so then... it couldn't be scum? Or could it? Whatever doesn't make sense does.... but... oh, how does it all work!?

And Harry Potter... Harry being here all the time as scum doesn't make sense.... but then that would mean Harry was an existentialist? How did Harry work?

And the poor Triforce of Power... as an existentialist... that's so natural. Does it being that obvious make any sense!?

Ah, this is so complicated...

Let's see. If SHaPAUGM is scum, that wouldn't make sense, but it wouldn't make sense as town, either. Wait, does that make sense? No! So Lawrence must be town...

Now Harry... if Harry is scum... that would violate rule 9.75! That makes sense! Right?

But... The Triforce of Power... being scum... would that make any sense? Yes, yes it would!

Kison, Triforce of Power, Post Restriction Giver, is lynched day 5!

The doesn't make sense town wins -- congratulations!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1565 (isolation #97) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Guardian »

Roles

Doesn't Make Sense Town:
PM to Xtoxm wrote:You are Napoleon's Dynamite. You played a critical role in protecting French troops -- and in killing enemies! But dynamite as a doctor? That doesn't make sense.

You are mostly a protector. Each night, you may send me the name of one player. That player will be protected from one night kill. Beware, however: if you are targeted by a healing role at night, your protection will be of no use to the player you are trying to protect.

You also have a rather vindictive one-shot ability -- you can at one time during the game (at night) target a player letting me know you wish to not protect, but rather kill, that player. This ability and your protection ability cannot be used concurrently.

You win with the Things That Don't Make Sense town: you win when there exists no threats to the Things That Don't Make Sense town, or when any other Things That Don't Make Sense town member wins.
PM to Paradoxombie wrote:
You are Neville Longbottom.

You are an established herbalist. Neville is a complete klutz, he made it to become an established herbalist? That doesn't make sense. Each night, you may send me the name of another player. If that player would be killed by one night kill, that player will instead be not killed. Beware, however: if you are targeted by a healing role at night, your protection will be of no use to the player you are trying to protect.

Of additional note: you are a scaredy-cat, and weak/susceptible to villainous groups. Therefore, if you target an anti-town faction member at night, not only will your protection fail, but you will die -- and that death is not preventable.

You are in tune with nature and also know one thing about the setup: Only pro-town players can work the winds.

You win with the Things That Don't Make Sense town: you win when all SKs, mafia, werewolves, and cultists are destroyed, or when any special occurrence causes you to win the game.
PM to NabakovNabakov wrote: You are Beethoven's Otosclerosis.

You cannot hear; and you prevent others from hearing that which is not pleasurable. Yet you can talk with other players during the day. That doesn't make sense.

Each night, you must send me the name of a player in the game, other than yourself. If that player would receive any amount of post restrictions that night, that player instead receives none. Beware, however: if you are targeted by a healing role at night, your protection will be of no use to the player you are trying to protect.

You win with the Things That Don't Make Sense town; when only players of your alignment or neutral roles remain, you win the game, or when any other member of your alignment is victorious, you win the game.
PM to Lawrencelot wrote:
You are A Scientifically, Historically, and Politically Astute Unesurrectable Gossip Monger

That doesn't make sense.

You are a masoneer. Once during the game, you may PM me with the name of the other player. I will PM them that you are a pro-town player, and PM you and them letting you both know that from that point on in the game, you two will be allowed to PM each other at any time, day or night.

Beware, you can befriend a town OR anti-town player -- they will know that you are pro-town, but you know nothing about their alignment.

You also have a governor ability -- you may pardon a lynch once in the game, not including your own.

You also may target one player each night and I will let you know if their role was relevant to historical disfigurements. This does NOT make you a cop.

You also may send me the name of a world capital of a nation each night. You remember this being important... for some reasons. Why, you can't be sure.

You also know one thing about the setup: there are no pro-town roles that can add a peg to the meter.

You win with the Things That Don't Make Sense town: When nobody with a win condition mutually exclusive with the survival of Things That Don't Make Sense townies has a possibility of winning, you win.
MOD NOTES: City determines the direction and strength the wind is blowing.

Napoleon's Dynamite, Beethoven's Otosclerosis, Nash's Schizophrenia, and The Spanish Inquisition count as historical disfigurements.

http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/twLVaAsnUzS , masoned with shaft.ed day 1.
PM to DrippingGoofBall wrote:
You are The Boy Who Lived.

You're possibly more commonly known as Harry Potter.

You live, but you can't talk? That doesn't make sense.

You are a modkill-reviver. This is a very special role.

Once you are modkilled -- and you will be -- you will revive. This revival will not be announced in thread, and from that point on, you will not be able to post in thread, ever.

If you do post in the thread, you will be modkilled. This may/may not end the day, at my discretion (If you are trying to stop your own lynch, I'll end the day. If you just slip up, it won't).

However, you will be able to communicate to players: Each day, you may PM me "flavor" for one vote count, and I'll add it to the next vote count I do. The second day, you'll be allowed to do 2 vote counts. Third day 3. etc. Also, you will be allowed to write the lynch scene "flavor" each day.

The one restriction you have is that you may not hint or communicate to the players that you are still alive and playing. If they figure this out and ask about it, you may confirm it, but you may not communicate it directly. So, you may communicate as if I the mod believe such and such, you may pretend to be a flavorful NPC, you may keep your existence hidden and just write some pretty flavor. But you may not make it implicitly or explicitly known that you are still playing.

All your communication will go through me, so your adherence to this rule will be evaluated by me on a case by case basis, at my sole discretion. If I believe you are trying to communicate your existence, I'll simply PM you asking you to revise your submission. If you become a repeat offender, I may just PM you notifying that your submission has been rejected, at my discretion.

You vote via PM with me. Your votes will be reflected in the vote count totals, but your name will not appear; the vote count will appear to be incorrect. If players ask me about this, I will only respond that the vote count is in fact correct.

You may be voted for. If a player votes for you, your name will show up, with them voting for you. You may be lynched, nightkilled, and targeted at night. However, I will never, of my own volition, confirm to players that you are playing, unless you die.

In addition to the significant game mechanics outlined above, you have one additional ability: at two time in the game, during the day, you may PM me the name of a player other than yourself. That player will become a double voter for the remained of the day; his/her votes will count for two votes. This will not be announced by me of my own volition. However, from then on, it will be announced that the number of votes needed to lynch increases, if you changed the number of available votes from even to odd. You may not use both in one day.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I hope you find this role as enjoyable as I envisioned you might.

You win with Things That Don't Make Sense town: When the threats of all the mafia, werewolves, SKs, and cultists are neutralized, or when any other Things That Don't Make Sense town member wins.
MOD NOTE: Suicides if all other townies are dead. Harry always was a team player.
PM to hasdgfas wrote:
You are The Spanish Inquisition

Goodness knows you caused enough historical disfigurements. You are mostly past those days, however, and now you just investigate. A pro-town Spanish Inquisition? That doesn't make sense.

You are a role name cop: each night, you may target a player, and that player's role name will be revealed to you.

You are also a reviver -- through Spanish advances in science, you've developed a prototype that can bring people back to life. At one time during the game, at night, you may PM me the name of a dead player that you believed was killed by an anti-town faction. If you are correct, that player will be brought back to life. You cannot use this and investigate on the same night.

You know one thing about the setup: There are no other pro-town cops.

You win with Things That Don't Make Sense town: You win when all cults and people who might have killed someone you could resurrect are eliminated, or when any other player of your alignment achieves their win condition.
MOD NOTE: Harry Potter comes as "The Boy Who Lived". SHaPAUGM comes as "Ben Franklin".
PM to shaft.ed wrote: You are the Triforce of Courage. Each night, you may target a player, and they will become imbued with courage. This is a mystery role; you don't quite know what it does.

You are an inanimate object, and can talk. That doesn't make sense.

You also have a bit of information about the setup: The town is in dire straits, and needs a hero. So, if the Triforce of Power, the Triforce of Courage, and the Triforce of Wisdom all target Link, Savior of Hyrule, the town will win automatically.

You win with Things That Don't Make Sense town: You win when all factions in competition with you are eliminated, or when any special condition causes your town to win.
MOD NOTE: Does NOTHING.
PM to xyzzy wrote: You are the Triforce of Wisdom. You may target a player each night, and they will be shrouded in wisdom. This is a mystery role; you don't quite know what it does.

You also have a bit of information about the setup: The town is in dire straits, and needs a hero. So, if the Triforce of Power targets the Triforce of Courage, and the Triforce of Courage targets the Triforce of Wisdom, and the Triforce of Wisdom targets the Triforce of Power, and Link, Savior of Hyrule, targets any of the aspects of the triforce, the town wins automatically.

You win with Things That Don't Make Sense town: You win when only Things That Don't Make Sense town members or neutral players remain alive, or when an alternative condition causes your town to win.
MOD NOTE: doctor, with appropriate drawback for the setup.
PM to Rogueben wrote: You are Link, Savior of Hyrule.

The town needs a hero, and you're it. You are a bit... evil, however. Link, evil? That doesn't make sense. Each night, you must send me the name of a player. You will attempt to slay that player with your sword and bow. If you do not send me the name of a player, one will be chosen at random for you. You just want people to die! However:

You win with Things That Don't Make Sense town: you win when all threats to your town are eliminated, or when any other Things That Don't Make Sense town member wins.
MOD NOTE: Does NOTHING.

Existentialist Mafia:
PM to vollkan wrote:You are Nash's Schizophrenia

Your Existentialist mafia partners are cicero & Adel. Nash's disease was powerful and self-defining, the epitome of Existentialism.

You may talk pre-game and at night with your partners here:
http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/KNPG4K4gZYft

[Possible town flavor: A disease that makes people go crazy does X? That doesn't make sense.]

Each night, you may target a player. That player gets a Post Restriction for the remainder of the game. The post restrictions will likely be in the nature of things flavorful. (e.g. All your posts mustt.... contain "stuttt..ttering" from... now... now... now.. now on. OR You must noticably talk like a pirate in all your posts.).

Penalty for breaking the restriction the first two times will be a warning; any subsequent breaking will result in mod kill.
PM to cicero/Kison wrote:
Mafia -- Triforce of Power

Your Existentialist mafia partners are vollkan & Adel. Self empowerment is the backbone of Nietzsche's Existentialism. You embody that.

You are the Triforce of Power. Triforce of Power is a somewhat powerful safe claim in this game. This would be the role PM of a town-aligned Triforce of Power:

""You are the Triforce of Power. Each night, you may target a player, and your power will reign upon them. This is a mystery role; you don't quite know what it does.

You also have a bit of information about the setup: The town is in dire straits, and needs a hero. So, if the Triforce of Power targets the Triforce of Wisdom, and the Triforce of Wisdom targets the Triforce of Courage, and the Triforce of Courage targets the Triforce of Power, and Link, Savior of Hyrule, targets any of the aspects of the triforce, the town wins automatically.

You win with town: You win when all mafia, werewolves, SKs, and cults are eliminated, or when any special condition causes the town to win.""

Your experiences with Gannondorf have taught you that his is the way of true power, however. So, you must kill all the townies! As I said, the above claim is powerful, and immune to role-name detectors.

Your ability however, is probably something you don't want to claim. Each night, the person you target will gain a harsh Post Restriction for one day. These post restrictions will be in the nature of limiting the amount they can post in same way (e.g. "today, you may post only posts with exactly 5 well-formed English sentences).

Penalty for breaking the restriction the first two times will be a warning; any subsequent breaking will result in mod kill.
PM to Adel wrote: You are Lord Voldermort.

Your Existentialist mafia partners are vollkan & cicero. Absolute control over one's self and one's surroundings, and a personal, rather than universal, moral code are what Existentialism is all about.

[Possible town flavor: Lord Voldermort? Pro-town? That doesn't make sense.]

You are a mafia doctor -- you've learned the ways of protection through your studies. Each night, you must send me the name of one player. That player will be protected from one night kill. If you fail to send me the name of a player, I will chose one at random. Beware, however: if you are targeted by a healing role at night, your protection will be of no use to the player you are trying to protect.

This ability is a somewhat powerful safe claim -- but beware, the town may expect you to have an additional ability. So you might want to claim that you are a doctor "with X", where X is some other ability, possibly intertwined with your doctor ability.
MOD NOTE: Any kill attempts on Harry Potter fail.
Additional Mafia Abilities wrote:
The mafia as a group has some additional information & skills.

You have a kill you can perform each night, as a group. A mafia member must send me the kill, and that member performs it. He or she MAY also use his or her ability. I will count the first kill submitted each night. If no kill is submitted, I will choose a random mafia member and a random non mafia member, and you don't want that.

The mafia member submitting the kill MAY also submit a modus operandi with the kill (e.g. "bludgeoned to death"). I highly recommend using this ability, because if you don't use it, I will assign a modus operandi to the kill identifiable to the role of the member making the kill (for example, if a scarecrow mafia member were making a kill, I might say "died of asphyxiation. straw was stuffed down his throat").

In addition, each night, right before dawn, each mafia member will be PM'd a list of all players who had a night target and who they targeted!

You know the townies have some information about the setup that may make claiming/lying about certain things dangerous.

You know that there are no [town aligned] trackers or watchers in the game. This may be something good for one of you to claim as part of your role; having this information may make you seem more confirmed, but it may help the town, too.

You know that only pro-town roles can remove a peg from the meter. This may be something good for one of you to claim as part of your role; having this information may make you seem more confirmed, but it may help the town, too.

You know that no mafia roles can work the TV. This may be something good for one of you to claim as part of your role; having this information may make you seem more confirmed, but it may help the town, too.

Inventing something like this to claim may be advantageous as well. Use your judgment.

Your win condition is as follows: You win when only Existentialist mafia members remain alive.

Good luck!
Mafia Thread: http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/KNPG4K4gZYft
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1566 (isolation #98) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

Day and Night Actions

d1:

DGB gives double vote to shaft.ed
Lawrencelot masons with shaft.ed

n1:

xyzzy --> shaft.ed (protected?)
rogueben --> xombie (nothing)
xombie --> shaft.ed (protected?)
cow --> rolename_cop (Adel)
shaft.ed --> rogueben
nabnab --> protect_PR(vollkan)
Xtoxm --> kill(vollkan)
Lawrencelot --> investigate(vollkan)[yes]
Lawrencelot --> Antananarivo

Adel --> protect(cicero)
vollkan --> mildPR(shaft.ed)
cicero --> harshtempPR(shaft.ed)
Adel --> kill(nabnab)(choked on gillyweed)

d2:

DGB gives double vote to hasdgfas

n2:

Rogueben --> hasdgfas (nothing)
hasdgfas -- > rolename(Lawrencelot) [die]
Xtoxm --> protect(shaft.ed)
Paradoxombie --> protect(Adel)
shaft.ed --> hasdgfas (nothing)
Lawrencelot --> investigate(Adel) [not historical disfigurements]
Lawrencelot --> Købnhavn

Kison --> harshtempPR(Paradoxombie)
Adel --> protect(Kison)
Adel --> kill(hasdgfas)([none-->bright green flash])

n3:

xtoxm -> protect(Lawrencelot)
rogueben -> nothing(kison)
Lawrencelot -> hd?(Rogueben) [no]
Lawrencelot -> Ulaanbaatar

Kison -> kill(Lawrencelot)(blown up by dynamite) [protected]
Kison --> harshtempPR(Lawrencelot)

n4:

xtoxm -> protect(Lawrencelot)
Lawrencelot -> hd?(Kison) [no]
Lawrencelot -> Bagdad

Kison -> Kill(Xtoxm)(balefired back to the 20th century)[success]
Kison -> harshtempPR(Xtoxm)[dead]

Triforce Auto-Win Completions:

xyzzy --> shaft.ed
shaft.ed --> rogueben
cicero --> shaft.ed
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1567 (isolation #99) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

Mod Notes

This was a game of red herrings, my intent was to confuse you as much as possible, and see you work through the mystery :). The pegs were a complete red herring. The cage, too. The weather, surroundings, and pokemon were just flavor. There was only one town, and only one scum group.

The wind WAS role-controlled, but no one ever figured it out.

Rule 9.75 was VERY significant, and though it was mentioned, no one ever figured it out.

Many of the roles themselves were pretty red-herring esque, too. Lots of "naive/inept" roles, Lawrencelot's investigative role didn't do anything, really. Every role except DGB's had to have a night choice though, so when I showed the mafia who targeted who each night, they weren't tipped as to which roles were more important or whatnot.

Next game I run, I'll make sure to have a lot of the same mechanics but make them game-relevant. Or not. :)

--------------

This game was very swingy, as Stoofer and I forecast... but looking back, I'm darn proud of how balanced it was, considering the complexity of the roles. Stoofer said that with mafia being able to use abilities and kill, this was balanced towards the scum. With the scum just barely losing, with imo really great play by the town, and a mod/player mistake that cost scum the game, maybe Stoofer was right ^_^.

There were so many crucial gameplay decisions that ended up just chaning the course of the game.

DGB giving the double vote to shaft.ed led to Lawrencelot masoning him. If DGB randomly chose scum, I imagine this game would have gone very differently.

I almost mod-killed shaft.ed a lot earlier than I did -- I consulted with Yosarian2, and he convinced me to just give him two warnings. shaft.ed might want to share some interesting PMs we exchanged about this.

Adel choosing to protect cicero over vollkan seemed bad to me -- and it seemed bad to me *before* Xtoxm sent his kill in. It seemed that if there was a vigilante loose, vollkan would be the hit, not cicero.... I guess hindsight and modsight is 20/20 though.

hasdgfas NOT resurrecting NabakovNabakov night two was also interesting to me; he told me afterwards that he wasn't sure that was the right choice.

The scum didn't really use most of the 'info' fake claims I gave, and they were intended to really help out. In addition, Adel not using the M.O. night two to frame Paradoxombie even more surprised me.

DGB made me laugh, cry, and smile, with the use of her role all game. Everything below the "~~~" marks in this game was written by her. Her stories day one and day two were just AMAZINGly funny from my point of view, and she broke the game open with "Xtoxm will be protected by ANGELS." Kison, despite his bad position, played one hell of a game and almost won it; he just ended up trusting those words and trying to kill Lawrencelot Night 3, to his misfortune.

The one mishap I and Kison made -- Lawrencelot actually broke his PR three times day 4! Kison only noticed this after I posted Rogueben's death scene thought, and regrettably there was nothing I can do.

--------------

I'm sure I'm missing a lot, it was just really great to have all of you playing. This game was insanely fun for me to mod, and I hope you all enjoyed it, too.

Only needing one replacement in an almost 3 month game was just remarkable, thanks everyone for that. A lot of the roles were just so complex I'd have hated to pass them on to a replacement; thanks for sticking with it guys.

DGB, Lawrencelot, and shaft.ed stayed alive and did really well for the town. Xtoxm I think contributed well too; he's a bit hard to understand but his instincts were just spot on in this game -- killing vollkan night 1 was just crucial.

Kison did an excellent job replacing in. He almost pulled victory from the jaws of defeat.

Even though the scum lost, I really think both sides played one heck of a game, my hat is off to all of you. Almost every player played really well and contributed greatly to their side.

I think I'm just rambling at this point... great game guys, I loved it, and I hope you did as well!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1591 (isolation #100) » Tue May 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Guardian »

One thing I really can't emphasize enough: this game was designed mostly to be fun, and as balanced as possible while being fun. The scum just barely lost, but don't feel bad about that -- I'm not sure of the balance, and the game was so close and play so good that I think it is very unfair to say either side "lost". In addition, mod/player error re: Lawrencelot could have been game changing, though we can't know for certain what DGB and Xtoxm would have done with their votes if Lawrencelot died.
Xtoxm wrote:What was it you were annoyed we didn't do in pre-game?

You made a comment about it.
I was trying to get people to pay close attention to the details of the setup, and realize that there was information before day 1 started. I was trying to generate excitement and anticipation, and trying to get you to see 9.75.
cicero wrote:Guardian - I love the Dripping Goofball twist. A lot. I really thought the part of IPick where you modkilled someone was petty and shitty. I am thrilled to find out that that wasnt what was going on at all. So awesome. And it was there to be figured out in 9.75 for sure. I incorrectly came to the conclusion that 9.75 was just a red herring and that harry potter wasnt in the game. I might have claimed him myself if I had continued.
Thanks. My intention was to do something like that ever since I saw Adel's suggestion. My work on that role was probably what I'm most happy with in this game :).
shaft.ed wrote:Wow great game everyone. I was amazed this thing kept going, and am wondering if the unkillable townie in DGB was really that balanced, but it certainly made for some surprises in the end.
I thought about this a lot, and consulted with Mr Stoofer on it, who I can't thank enough. I don't think anyone can be sure if it was balanced. I tried to put a scum group I knew was very devious, analytical, and could work together, and tried to leave the trail there so it was figure-out-able. Between 9.75, and the "off" numbers required to lynch, I thought DGB might have been found out. She was not unNKable -- if the scum were ballsy enough to send "kill DGB" DGB would have been killed. It put a lot of expectations on the scum though -- I really felt bad for Kison, he ended up with him and what he -- and everyone but me and DGB -- thought was one townie left alive, and lost.

All of that considered, I don't regret putting it in, just because it was so fun!
cicero wrote:Guardian - how did you expect smart scum would use the triforce auto win information? was it just there to screw over shaft.ed? I asked you if the info was actually true and when you said yes I just couldnt get past the idea that I was telling town how to win. I should have thought it through and went with it, but like I said, I was distracted.
Well, to be clear, the town had *three* instant win conditions, all of which worked, but all of you were given a different one of them, and Rogueben was given none.

I might have revealed it as 'smart scum', it would gain lots of townie cred. I wouldn't have done so too soon though -- townies would realize that revealing too soon might cause members of the triforce to be killed. Really I was just giving you a tool and seeing what you'd do with it -- how to "play well" with it comes down to "what would you do if you were a townie with that info, but how would doing so hurt the scum, and what is the right balance"?

I gave the scum lots of info about the setup that they never claimed; doing that might have been advantageous as well.
cicero wrote:Oh and Guardian, in future games I recommend using the first post in the thread to announce who is playing, who is alive, who is dead, and what their roles were - as many mods do. I constantly looked to figure out who was still alive and such and didnt know. That bugged me. I have my forum set up to display the first post at the top of every page and that info is very helpful for me.
I strongly agree, as I had to edit the first AND second post every time the status changed...

HOW do you keep the first post visible? I'd very much like to do that myself.
shaft.ed wrote:
cicero wrote:I think the funniest thing I can say about this game is that doing haikus actually improved your play!
Yeah I noticed that too. I've tried recreating that effect in other games and it's just not working. Someone give me a permenant haiku PR please!!!!!
Haikus were meant to be something of a double edged sword. Possibly the best game I've played as town, Ork Mafia, I adopted a haiku posting style.

shaft.ed, have you been complementing Nibbler where you used it elsewhere? If not, maybe try that, and see if the effect comes back.

xyzzy's roles were amazing. I luckily saved the one he lost in my save box :).

Thanks for all the compliments guys; I welcome continued discussion, suggestion, and questions.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1593 (isolation #101) » Tue May 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Guardian »

Kison wrote:In all honesty though, you did great with that. That haiku PR in itself was 10 times worse than the one I gave to Lawrencelot, and you made it through an entire day without dying.
I almost think haiku was easier, since it forced him to be constantly aware of it.

Lawrencelot's allowed him to slip, and it is sometimes hard to figure out if a word is monosyllabic.

For the record:
PM to Lawrencelot wrote:subject: New Addition to your Role!

sent to lawrencelot.

if he slips, let me know.

Congratulations. You now have a post restriction!

Every post you make today must be monosyllabic. The only exception is that you may use the word 'unvote' and may mention the proper name of any player from this game, living or dead. You may also use the word 'Guardian'.

You may not use words to mean something other than what they are intended to mean, e.g "fish" cannot become a code word for "suspect".

You also can't string words together to get a phonetic meaning across:

"spec tack you lair" = "spectacular" does not fly.

You may only use words found on dictionary.com.

Most acronyms are not found on dictionary.com, nor are they monosyllabic.

Each post, you may 'mess up' and have one word that is not excepted and is not monosyllabic.

"I like to play mafia for Guardian rocks." is an acceptable post.

"I like to play this awe some game." is NOT

"I really think you guys are the coolest." is NOT

"FOS: Guardian, he is evil." is NOT

Oh -- also -- you may not double post today, it counts as breaking your restriction.

Your penalty for breaking this restriction the first two times will be a warning; the third time will be a modkill. This restriction lasts with you for all of day 2.

* You may quote other players, but you may not abuse the quote tag to get around your restriction.
* You may not use numerous Voting actions or other words to communicate via morse code or any other means.
* You may not post emoticons or ASCII/text images. (No, not even =====[] for "hammah.")
* You may not use
tags or symbols (&, $, /, etc.).

Breaking any of the above counts as breaking the restriction.

If you make three unacceptable posts in a row, you may get both warnings and be modkilled all at once, so be wary.
PM to shaft.ed wrote:subject: New Addition to your Role!

Every post you make today must be in plain text haiku(s) only.

To express oneself
in seventeen syllables
is very diffic

is an example of a perfectly well formed haiku of the type I am referring to. If any line of your haiku is off by more than one syllable, this counts as breaking your restriction.

Your penalty for breaking this restriction the first two times will be a warning; the third time will be a modkill. This restriction lasts with you for all of day 2.

* You may quote other players, but you may not abuse the quote tag to get around your restriction.
* Votes Unvotes and FOS's may be placed out of haikus, and counted independently.
* You may not use numerous Voting actions to communicate via morse code or any other means.
* You may not post emoticons or ASCII/text images. (No, not even =====[] for "hammah.")
* You may not use
tags or symbols (&, $, /, etc.).
* Please be careful when using abbrevations. All abbrevations are to be read as individual letters for the purposes of counting syllables. "CES," for example is three syllables: "See Ee Ess." Exceptions: OMGUS (two syllables), M4yhem (two syllables, pronounced "Mayhem")

Breaking any of the above counts as breaking the restriction.

If you make three unacceptable posts in a row, you may get both warnings and be modkilled all at once, so be wary.
PM to shaft.ed #2 wrote:subject: New Addition to your Role!

In every post of yours, you must comment on how awesome Nibbler is.

Your comment must be substantive, and praise one of Nibbler's traits. Comments such as "Nibbler rocks!" are not sufficient. Comments such as "Nibbler's eyes are beautiful!" are.

Your penalty for breaking this restriction the first two times will be a warning; the third time will be a modkill. This restriction lasts with you the entire game.

was from vollkan's role, to shaft.ed. feel free to point out any things I might have missed.
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”