Post by rb »

In post 396, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 389, rb wrote:
In post 387, PenguinPower wrote:
Prodding Perfect Fifth
Bad

Likely scum
ur going off meta right?

if so i think its irl. im a little wary cuz i had a recent game with tb and this happened and it was a mislynch
no meta

it's just bad
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:53 am

Post by wavemode »

Activity is NAI.
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:54 am

Post by wavemode »

That's what the trusty mafia wiki told me when I was a young boy.
retired...?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:57 am

Post by rb »

VOTE: Perfect Fifth

overall activity is NAI

specific points of activity aren't

im the best trust me
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

We're starting to flounder around with side vanity projects - I think people should consider voting secondary or tertiary scum reads if it helps consolidate wagons.

I'd much rather get a L-1 and claim now, so we have time to discuss said claim and potentially run up another option, than to wait until five hours before deadline for a derp rush where we end up hammering without a claim.
I know this goes against site meta, but I'm a rebel.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:19 am

Post by rb »

oh no

thor really is scum
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, end of day derp os pro-town now?
My bad, I'm old fashioned.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:57 am

Post by rb »

> 10 days from deadline
> better be careful of that deadlinederp

get on fifth wagon then
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm on the largest current wagon and noted him as a secondary read so am clearly walking my talk.
10 days to deadline sounds like the perfect time to get a cnsolidated wagon together and get a claim (which should still take 1-2days) leaving us then 8-9 days to discuss, and potentially put together another wagon.

I don't understand why this is;
1) confusing
2) scummy.

Clue me in?
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:34 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 347, wavemode wrote:Una then how do you feel about Ausuka?
Ye, I'll do bigger posts, so I prefer splitting them by player.
In post 54, Ausuka wrote:I think Perfect is a better lynch because, although both are kind of awkward, Unabombah's awkwardness feels personality-based and Perfect's doesn't.
This is her first reference towards me, and it seems to me like she has already read me as town.
In post 174, Ausuka wrote:I still agree with pretty much everything SD is saying and I have a townread there.

*talking about why she doesn't currently like her read on Flavor Leaf is here*

I don't really like Ciara's fixation on Unabombah. He looks like town so far and she's basically used her vote on him to avoid pushing or actually doing anything other than a few statements. I could vote there. (I have no idea why my reads are so similar to rb's.)

I feel like NTRP isn't that suspicious. Sure, he hasn't done that much, but he took the step to call Una scum over PF and has contributed @ Dunkerdoodles.

I'd be willing to vote in {Ciara24, Dunkerdoodles, Flavour Leaf} at this point in time.
I edited the FL-reference she made because it didn't give a context on who she was talking about anymore. She specifically mentioned posts and , and actually seemed to have similar thoughts on them as I did too.

What I was actually a bit worried about at this point, was that it almost felt like (to me) she was reading me as town too easily. If that makes any sense.

I felt paranoid about someone trying to pocket me, but after reading her posts again, I just feel like we have somewhat similar reads so far, so it has been easy to agree.
Or maybe I'm just not used to someone mentioning me that often in a game (in a not-negative manner).
In post 306, Ausuka wrote:
{Ausuka}
{NotTheRealPaul, skitter30, Unabombah}
{Thor665, Sunlit Diamond, Perfect Fifth, Eddie Cane, rb}
{wavemode, Ciara24}
{Dunkerdoodles, Flavour Leaf}
Her first readslist had me somewhat nodding.
It's not a hard list to produce since I feel like the most difficult players to read and therefore to place are in the middle, so if I read that as scummy, then this would be strike one.
NTRP/skitter would have probably switched places with Perfect Fifth and wavemode on my list at this time.
In post 313, Ausuka wrote:I put Skitter in the town section because I like her posting so far on a whim; the analysis feels genuine to me and she doesn't feel like she has any particular agenda at this point (i.e, she doesn't look like she's grasping for towncred, setting anything up, or trying to lynch anybody.)
Her reasoning for skitter. I would almost flip it the other way around, but mainly read her null/scumleanish. Simply because I think not having an agenda early game feels lurky to me. :)

So all in all, I'm somewhat townleaning Ausuka for now.
She produces the type of content that only gets better/worse D2/D3 depending completely on whether she is scum/town.
So I'm going to reserve a stronger judgement on her until later.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:37 am

Post by rb »

after 8 years thor im pretty sure u can play this game without a wiki

or ur scum

we're lynching ur buddy fifth then we're lynching u
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

I wrote the wiki I'm linking to so...

The Fifth case literally doesn't exist even compared to the other wagons.
Stop being obstinate and belligerent for no reason.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:02 am

Post by wavemode »

VOTE: Ausuka

Oh hey kids

Let's take a field trip to the past
In post 43, rb wrote: VOTE: Perfect Fifth

Non-RVS

This is scum

Sheep me to victory thx
In post 45, Dunkerdoodles wrote: ok
VOTE: perfect fifth
In post 51, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: Perfect Fifth

I'm being blatantly oppurtunistic in the name of wagoning scumfucks.
In post 174, Ausuka wrote:@Perfect Fifth; Why would you claim PR at this point in the game? :neutral:
@skitter30; That's interesting. I think I found the game you were referring to (Newbie 1797?) Your case in Dunker was because he couldn't give reasoning for his vote and unvoted when pressured. Although it does show that Dunker can be scummy as town, I don't think that's the same as what's happened this game; he wasn't pressured, but he voluntarily gave up his vote and stopped scumhunting while appealing to rb.

I still agree with pretty much everything SD is saying and I have a townread there.
Why did Ausuka sheep rb, then turn around and insist (not suggest, but actively insist) that Dunkerdoodles was scummy for doing the same thing? And for some reason she seems very certain about someone who several people said and provided evidence that his actions are not necessarily scum-indicative for him. And she repeatedly dismissed any arguments to the contrary.
In post 90, Ausuka wrote:@skitter30/wavemode: It
could
simply be a matter of personality or playstyle, in that Dunker is choosing to sit back in the early-game. However, I feel like him abandoning his (presumably serious?) vote immediately to help rb is somewhat suspicious, and posts afterwards like make me feel like he's trying to get on rb's good side. It's weak, but right now, I don't have anything better.
Doesn't feel like a "weak" read to me. Feels like a fixation.

Also keep in mind that at the point in the game that Ausuka said this:
In post 54, Ausuka wrote:Nothing I say or do is scummy. Do better. :P

I think Perfect is a better lynch because, although both are kind of awkward, Unabombah's awkwardness feels personality-based and Perfect's doesn't.
ThinkBig had literally only one post of substance, which was . If that one post makes him a "scumfuck" then Ausuka must be some kind of genius.

Bottom line is I think Ausuka is more suspicious for trying to back up her vote with dumb reasoning, than Dunker for simply sheeping. She clearly is more worried about how people will perceive her voting, than the vote itself.

mic drop
retired...?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:12 am

Post by rb »

yes yes
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:12 am

Post by rb »

VOTE: Ausuka
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:13 am

Post by rb »

Thor do i rly seem like the kind of person who is capable of being reasonable
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:19 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 347, wavemode wrote:Una then how do you feel about Sunlit Diamond?
UnaBombaH monologues, part 2.
In post 35, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Also full disclosure I have no idea how to inject myself into banter when I don't know anyone, so until I have something game-centric to discuss Imma be awkward af.
I think this was a post someone might jump on, but I can actually relate to the feeling
to some degree
And since she has been actively posting later, I think this particular post is very much NAI.
Not maybe the best way to start a game, but NAI.
In post 85, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I find rb's blanket statements off-putting and difficult to respond to. I don't know if I think it's scummy or just a personal issue.

Dunker felt like he was just playing along.
Personally, rb reminds me of another player on this forum who off-puts certain kind of players.
Their behaviour doesn't ever mean anything alignment-related as far as I can tell, but I bet it's always a good shroud to use as scum too.
In post 88, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 86, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 52, rb wrote:UnaBombaH or sunlit are both fine lynches for today
I'm not a fine lynch by any means.
I would argue that me dying is pretty bad for my teams wincondition.
Claiming role: TEAMPLAYER
Curious phrasing there.
I do not know how SD read this post from me, but I'm almost 100% certain she read it to mean something.
Well, it pretty much meant nothing, because whatever my alignment would be, dying is always bad for my teams wincon.

And in the weird scenario where she actually thought I claimed or clumsily crumbed a PR here, its always bad for a townie to point it out to others by quoting. -1 from this post, just for that.
In post 98, Sunlit Diamond wrote:The fact that Dunker switched votes three times does not sit well with me, but I also don't much enjoy the "Well he gets scumread super fast on the regular" commentary.

I don't get the push on perfect at all. It looks like it was based on one three word post and I need more than that.
+1 for this post. Worded my thoughts at the time well enough.
In post 104, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 103, Perfect Fifth wrote:Yes. Town will be very sorry if they loose me.
This is my least favorite game strategy ever, though I admit my opinion is largely based on offsite meta.
-->
In post 117, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I'm WIFOMing the hell out of the crumb post.
-->
In post 120, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I think my WIFOM is coming down on the side of PF wouldn't be that dumb and I want to see what he's up to before he hangs.
-->
In post 125, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I'm way more interested in Una than I am PF at this point.
-->
In post 127, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I was referring to his super vague "I'm a team player" post, but if you think he's hot by all means, go for it.
Now this chain, I did not like. -1 for this.
Because if I understood this correctly, SD hates the "strategy" of softer than softly claiming PR/importance to team -> decides its OK for Perfect Fifth to do it -> decides that I sort of did it with my "super vague" post, and scumreads me for it? Not fair. Also my post was clearly a joke, we all know us Jesters can't be teamplayers.
In post 178, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Good scum can fake townreads better than town players can make them themselves, Una. At this point his targets are pretty easy money, too.
If he is scum, the holes in his reads will become apparent as time passes.
I liked what you had to say about Flavor and Ciara, Ausuka.
This was another moment where I became worried about Ausuka, now in conjuction with Sunlit.
Because I feel like this post gives me a flavor of Ausuka+Sunlit talking in day chat and thinking I'm a good townie to pocket..? :shifty:
In post 331, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Er. Why am I being voted for?

Give me a few to catch up, I've been out since yesterday.
-->
In post 334, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Spam-voting me isn't going to do a damn thing to get me to process faster on a work day.
=panicky when voted? NAI, but good to know for potential future use? :giggle:
In post 337, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I still think Paul is scum. Wavemode, too. Thor might just be aggressive, but meh.
Ciara's posts are less than helpful, plus she thinks Una is suspicious and wavemode is town which immediately gives me a red flag.
rb might be leading us by the nose, but I've still got him in my town pile at the moment. I had nothing on eddie, but now I think he's town.
The bolding is my own - HOLD THE PHONE.
I'm now really starting to think that Ausuka+Sunlit could be a thing.
They are arriving at the same conclusions in similar timings, and very similarly did a turn on reading me town/wavemode scum. How?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 414, wavemode wrote:Why did Ausuka sheep rb, then turn around and insist (not suggest, but actively insist) that Dunkerdoodles was scummy for doing the same thing?
I like your case okay and don't trust the Ausuka slot - but this is a misrep or misunderstanding of her stated position since her issue involved not his vote, but his unvote.
Does that thought adjust your case?
In post 417, rb wrote:Thor do i rly seem like the kind of person who is capable of being reasonable
Sorry for presuming you have a brain and use it?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:34 am

Post by rb »

Why are you answering for other slots
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:35 am

Post by rb »

Okay at this point I think there's like 4-5 perfectly fine lynches and the Most Best lynch is Thor
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:37 am

Post by rb »

Ausuka will flip scum and Thor will flip scum with them - this is saving face 'i agrew with case but hey i see a problem'

OR - ausuka is town and thor is trying to get towncred while being non-confrontational about the obvious problems with Ausuka's game rn

I want Thor's head on a pike
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:38 am

Post by rb »

VOTE: Thor
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:38 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

G'morning :p

Maybe I'm coming to the same conclusions because they're the right conclusions to come to.

Also Una, I wasn't PR crumbing you at all. Your phrasing in the original team player post struck me as a scummy thing to say. I play with someone who has a meta of saying similar things when he is scum.

I have no experience but my own to work from. *Shrug* my reads and reasons for having them are going to be deficient until I have more experience at MS.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”