Eternal Card Game

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:08 am

Post by implosion »

I haven't played in probably 3ish months or maybe more. Considering going back with set 2 coming out though. I mostly played draft. Got to 6th master briefly at my best there iirc. Ended the season somewhere in top 100.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm running basically xenan killers + green splashed in for protect/desert marshal/harsh rule/i think i have a couple copies of slay right now. Much fun although certainly plenty of room for optimization especially if I'm willing to craft shit like maktos or more than one ayan. I was initially running swear vengeance because it's just hilarious to topdeck a destiny, killer copper conduit that was already a 5/5 and suddenly have a 12/12 killer with overwhelm but it was just dead in my hand too often.

I'll post a decklist at some point maybe
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by implosion »

I have had mixed luck in draft - when I first started doing it I was on fire, then went into a long slump for a while and have had mediumish results since omens came out. Pre-omens i personally thought some factions were just straight better than others (rakano sucked, elysian was amazing, combrei was alright, feln was alright, stonescar was high-variance depending on if you got good cards). I always drafted a straight two-color draft. Now i'm not so sure - it seems better to draft a straight 3-color, because you have the benefit of being able to pick multifaction cards in both kinds of packs, whereas if you go 2-color you're forced into drafting straight single-color cards in half your packs. I was never really a fan of splashing in draft.

I think it's sort of hard to tell right now, the draft meta is shifting. I am interested to see what how the PJT deck I drafted yesterday goes. It has 5 sand vipers. 5. And I can only get them in the omens packs. That means >1/5 of the omens cards I drafted were sand vipers.

Edit: for funzies, a summary of the first three games so far.

Game one: non-noteworthy win via generic value.
Game two: opponent played false prince + blackguard sidearm. I had no answer. Almost outraced him though - I had a strength of the many + a couple units with killer because of the 2/2 justice thing that gets a random battle skill, but unfortunately he also played an impending doom and I decided to kill it instead (possibly a mistake) because it would let me race them faster.
Game three: xenan guardian is a nice card when given aegis and flying and allowed to ultimate. Basically walled each other for the entire game because i had a million sand vipers and he played a thing with deadly, with me getting 1 chip damage per turn in from a flier. Then I drew a cobalt acolyte and the game promptly ended.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by implosion »

Game four: sand viper + a weapon = hitting their face repeatedly
Game five: once again, sand vipers do work by not being conveniently blockable. Also stormcrasher is similarly a great card in draft and got in lots of free hits.
Game six: some legitimately impressive influence screw:
Spoiler: Pre-mulligan, which I also happened to screencap for it being amusing:

Spoiler: Post-mulligan:

Sigil distribution is 6-5-4 T-J-P (plus one seek power, no banners). So I managed to draw 4/5 of my green sigils with no other sigils... mulligan... and then draw 4/5 of my green sigils with no other sigils. That is actually statistically impressive. Really sad because that hand would have been amazing if it weren't influence screwed.

Now at 4-2.

Edit: game 7, once again influence/power screwed (and against a 4-faction draft no less). Probably still would have been hard since they played a million fliers. 4-3.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by implosion »

Spoiler: Pretty confident this is the most ridiculous draft game I've played.

Almost the entire game was just me swinging for 1 damage per turn with the unblockable 1/4 and gaining 2-4 armor with its ability.

Take note of his "strangers get +1 attack at the end of your turn" stranger which triggered 18 goddamn times.

Return to “The Arcade”