Which game should be run?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood
60%
Designated Driver Micro
40%

Total votes: 5

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Hello. July 20th marks 10 years of me being a member of this community. Its been a lot of fun. Played a lot of great games with a lot of great players. I have been meaning to give more back to this community for a while now. Unfortunately I've been in a state of pseudo-retirement so long that I don't think I have as much mafia skill as I used to. So I think the way that would be best for me to give back to the community would be for me to mod some games. But I sort of have a problem with that too. As I can't reach the forum while at work unless I use a mobile device, I'm not confident I should run a game alone. So I would like to have a co-mod. Anyone want to be my co-mod?

What will you be helping me mod you ask? Well the games I'd like to run are some games that I have been planing to run for a long time but not really gotten around to. These games are:

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood 2
- Open running of The Cul-de-sac

Designated Driver Micro
- I used to drink a lot. I don't drink that much any more. I wrote a King Maker setup where the roles have bar and alcohol related flavor. The current Bar tender is the kingmaker. The current King is the designated driver. He takes someone home from the bar every night. This works as the execute feature that happens in most king maker games. Not gonna give examples of other roles in the game at this time, but you get the idea. Players are not required to drink or be of drinking age to play. If you are currently the designated driver it is advised to play along and not drink while you are the designated driver.

Killing Spree Mafia
- AKA Everyone is an SK !Ultimate! (Technically this game might not be considered mafia so maybe it will be run in mish mash forum)
I ran a marathon game called "Everyone is an SK" some time ago. As you would expect, everyone was an SK. You could make alliances in game with other players and kill people at night. You could vote people during the day, but did not have to. I'd run this game again but with some twists. No lynching allowed, each night you must send a protect target that can't be yourself. Also the addition of the Killing Spree Mechanic: (When kill is sent a 4 sided dice is rolled. If a 1 is rolled then kill counts as double kill. If single kill goes through then dice size is reduced next role (ex:4=>3) if double kill is rolled then then that player's dice size is reset regardless of if the killing succeeds or not. Have not decided if player should be notified or not of getting a double kill)

There are 2 other games I have been meaning to run, but one is currently a very rough draft and the other is the last game I ever want to run, "Time Paradox Mafia". The 3 games written above have no planned order. Gonna add a poll to this thread to gauge interest while I try to find someone to be my co-mod. Do you want to be my co-mod?
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with you judgement however "Everyone is an SK mafia" has been run inside the micro forum by ika. As long as that can be overlooked, then Killing Spree Mafia (Everyone is an SK Ultimate) should be able to be run in Mish Mash. I will have to check with who is head of Mish Mash forum now to get an official call on that. That being said ika's version had an ending scenario where the final players alive had option to agree to share victory or not. I would have same scenario in the event of 2 players surviving to the end. If only 1 or more than 2 survive then that shared win won't happen

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=61250

As far as when I want to run these games, no game will be run at the same time as another one of my games. If Killing Spree Mafia (Everyone is an SK Ultimate) is considered a mishmash game then that can be run pretty much immediately. Does that work out for you Ircher?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

xofelf wrote:Why was that run through Micro to begin with? That's so weird
I remember seeing the game in the queue and telling ika good luck running the game. When the game finished, Ika and I worked on improving the setup in a private topic we had access to. I still have access to that thread despite ika's ban. When we designed the new mechanics we both wondered if the game could be run in mish mash. Based on that I don't think he was forced to run it in the micro forum. Maybe he thought it was mafia at one point and then changed his mind after having run the game? I don't know. I think you'll have to talk to whoever was in charge of the micro forum when it was run to get the best answer.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

Pretty much that and lock thread should that need done while i am on limited/no access. I've already written flavor for my games. IIRC you helped me develop some of the designated driver king maker awhile back. So you would be a good help for that game.

The same person does not need to help me co-mod each one.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #10 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sounds good. You already have access to the thread where we discussed the designated driver micro. I'll give you access to the thread where Ika and I were planning Everyone SK Ultimate. And I will bump those thread so you can find them in private topics. Whoever is the MS mod that moves old game threads to archives in private topics needs to do that more often

Never created a thread for the culdasac Mr. Rogers game as its an open setup I added to the wiki a long time ago and already linked to earlier in the thread
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #11 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Plan is gonna be wait for word on which forum
Killing Spree Mafia - AKA Everyone is an SK Ultimate!
can be run in. Get in queue/run it.

Then get in queue/run
Mr. Rogers Neighborhood 2

There appears to be some elements of flavor not fully written out for Designated Driver. Should be able to iron out those items in the private topics while the other games are run

Then we get in queue/run
Designated Driver
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #12 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

A ruling has been given my forum heads. Killing Spree Mafia - AKA Everyone is an SK Ultimate! can be run in the regular mish mash forum. This means I don't have to get in any line or wait to run it. I am busy this weekend, got a big project getting shipped next week at work. Got video game tourney to go to on the 5th. After that I got nothing. Gonna make sure rules and final plannings are in order when off work. Might make game advertisement as well. Expect signups to happen Aug 7-9 and game to start after that.

Edit: When that game is run I will call it Everyone is an SK Ultimate! since its not mafia and is being run in Mish Mash.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #13 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Killing Spree Mafia - AKA Everyone is an SK Ultimate!
Was run and was fun. I may run it again sometime with a different Critical Hit/Super Kill Mechanic. One that is not random. One that rewards the player that gets protected the most, with an unstoppable kill that same night. It will be called "Everyone is an SK 4" and I will likely save that for a marathon day.

Time to look into running those other games. Let's restart the poll and see which of the two remaining games has greater interest.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #14 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Due to some real life issues, I don't think I'm gonna have time to run either of the two remaining games for a bit. I may have time to run another improved variant of "Everyone Is a SK" during the holiday season. After that I'm gonna be busy for a bit. I moved to Cleveland area this year and my younger brother moved into my old place. As he is moving out to live with his girlfriend I am gonna need to sell it and do a few other things.

The last time I ran Everyone Is a SK it took little effort. Running the other games is gonna take more so gonna be a bit before I run those games. I apologize to anyone that was looking forward to those games.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”