Normal 1934: Civilization Mafia Mafia (Endgame)

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by Korts »

Hi all. I am a slow person with a day job, so please be mindful of your posting frequency. Thanks!
In post 19, Aristophanes wrote:Hi DH and Draynth! :)
Nice votes you have/had there!

VOTE: massive

Nobody votes nancy on my watch!

(Also, v/la until Tuesday. Needed this in my Ego tho)
Ooh, a chainsaw defense right off the bat! Can you give me any pro-town argument for attacking nancy's wagon?

VOTE: Aristophanes
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:34 am

Post by Korts »

In post 24, Robbnva wrote:You do realize the R in rvs means random right? He voted me for a game related reasons so asking him to explain himself and make sense is appropriate.
On the one hand, this is a very narrow interpretation of RVS, and raises concerns that you are being deliberately obtuse.

On the other hand:
In post 15, PersephoneSidekick wrote:Dude, it's RVS; why are you expecting me to make sense?
This is not a constructive defense whatsoever, so yeah, I would like to hear something of actual substance from Persephone please.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:56 am

Post by Korts »

In post 26, nancy wrote:
In post 24, Robbnva wrote:You do realize the R in rvs means random right? He voted me for a game related reasons so asking him to explain himself and make sense is appropriate.
Pretty sure the difference is that reasons are jokes; I agree with you that if her vote was serious then she should probably clarify that, but the whole point of RVS is to randomly vote someone for something that isn't alignment indicative as if it is; whether or not the vote has to do with GRC doesn't seem particularly relevant.
Uhh yeah but the moment you defend an RVS vote with "lol chill it's just an RVS vote" you invalidate the entire purpose of RVS.
In post 31, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Do you think Percy trying to add reason to his RVS a bit odd? Like as if he's trying hard not to make his vote scummy?
Uhh can you quote the Percy post you are referring to?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Korts »

In post 36, humaneatingmonkey wrote:This.
In post 11, PersephoneSidekick wrote:
In post 4, Robbnva wrote:Sup
VOTE: Robbnva for not voting. We must have blood.
This feels like Percy wants to blend in during RVS but he wants to make his RVS the least suspicious so he throws in a little reason on it.

Kinda felt like Robb was into something. Curious to why he didn't want to pursue it just because there's "limited posts and lack of cares right now." (Just because we're in the RVS stage, I guess.)
Hm. Okay. What about Ginggie's vote, then? How about Aristo's? Or Tchill's? They gave "reasons" too.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Korts »

Hey Persephone, why did you dismiss Robb's challenge of your vote with "lol RVS"? What did you hope to achieve?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Korts »

In post 55, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Korts, Percy's vote was out of place because it's an actual reason. A real reason. Not a joke reason.
a) Whoever gave you the idea that reasons can only be joke reasons?
b) What made you think that this was a serious reason?

For what it's worth, I thought the initial reason Persephone gave had some potential to go somewhere (i.e. Robb not voting in so-called RVS robs the town of information on him later down the line). It's not really the reason, but the follow-up "lol RVS" dismissal that stinks to me. So it also stinks to me that you would focus on that reason, when, for example, Aristophanes' is a direct scumtell and isn't just "too well thought out for the game phase" or however else to put your argument against Percy.

Good point about Tchill's unexplained wagon hopping, though.
In post 58, PersephoneSidekick wrote:Is it considered actively better to vote for a blatant joke reason in RVS than for a reason that is "real" but blatantly insufficient, and if so, why? Real question; it's my first non-newbie game.
Not necessarily. It is, however, highly impolite and counterproductive to dismiss arguments by referring to RVS, because RVS is a crutch, a myth, and a concept I wish had never been introduced to this game.

Also, Persephone, it is good to know that you welcome the wagon that you invited on yourself so long as the town has something to talk about - but you are not helping anyone if you just sit there explaining yourself and nothing more. Stop reacting, and start participating in the hunt if you are town, or if you want to sell yourself as town. That's all the advice you get.
In post 60, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 58, PersephoneSidekick wrote:Is it considered actively better to vote for a blatant joke reason in RVS than for a reason that is "real" but blatantly insufficient, and if so, why? Real question; it's my first non-newbie game.
Irrelevant question. Nothing is better. Whatever you do, if you're scummy, people will call you out on it. Just do whatever you think is best to do as town. This is hard to fake if you're scum. People can smell fake and fake attempts. So if you're trying to fake something, you're probably scum. And people will call you out on it.
My god, the bullshit logic. This is, at best, wishful thinking - but it also just sounds like you're trying to pin Persephone down at every turn.

VOTE: monkey
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Korts »

In post 65, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Nah. Ari and I have history. I'm also no stranger to his friendship with nancy.
Uhh, okay? None of that is important to me at all. I am not genuinely pursuing the Ari angle. I am simply baffled that you think RVS is for jokes.

Which is not to say that RVS cannot have jokes. Jokes are fine, but they do not move the game forward. Finding something that sticks out (like someone who didn't vote, for example) gets the ball rolling in a more constructive way - although, of course, letting it go at the first sign of pushback is pretty dumb.

What do I think RVS should look like? I mean, pretty much the same, except people wouldn't be referring to RVS all the goddamn time. Let's be honest, there is no real randomness involved, not really, and it's not even a real game stage, because once everyone has made a
more or less arbitrary
starting vote, the foundation is already there for actual play to commence.

I prefer to think of the game in terms of the amount of information available. In the beginning, we only have the mod's declarations. Then a first
arbitrary
vote, and whatever bullshit reason provided. Then someone else riffs off that or makes their own
arbitrary
vote and bullshit reason, and so on.

What do I think of your thoughts on Persephone? I thought I made myself clear. I think your "reason" argument is bullshit. I don't think you have anything else, other than a vague accusation of "fakeness."
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Korts »

Which is not to say that I don't think Persephone isn't suspcious independent of your arguments. Her play has been pretty poor so far - but yours can be characterized more specifically as opportunistic.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #69 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:15 am

Post by Korts »

Imma quote these from the previous page:
In post 32, Ginngie wrote:
In post 29, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Hi nancy. This vote is to add weight to the Robbinva-PersephoneSidekick conflict. Basically, I want them to squabble while I observe from a distance.
Town.

Sounds scummy as if instigating a fight, but townAF for honesty
In post 33, humaneatingmonkey wrote:How much do you trust that read?
monkey is stirring shit and openly challenging townreads on himself, like what the hell, dude?

This wagon is the real shit, guys. Hop on.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #71 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:30 am

Post by Korts »

Well yeah, but it reads like a deliberate mind fuck attempt. I hate using the term WIFOM almost as much as RVS, but this is a text book example if there ever was one.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #80 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Post by Korts »

In post 77, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Nice try. Maybe join me in VOTE: TChill is better use of your time not making weak arguments like this and believing you actually solved the game.
Nah I'm good for now. I'm more interested to hear what others think than your defense or deflection.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #88 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:54 am

Post by Korts »

Uhh because he has an explicit case against you? As opposed to the shaky foundation he laid out for a Persephone vote, and his disapproval of my overconfident ways, he has caught you in a clear contradiction that you have yet to even try explaining away. Here, I'll quote him for you:
In post 55, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Tchill's vote switch sucked.

[...]

VOTE: TChill
In post 41, Tchill13 wrote:VOTE: PersephoneSidekick

Just helping the wagon along.
In post 47, Tchill13 wrote:Honestly I feel like the reason for the wagon building on them right now is pretty stupid.

VOTE: robbnva
????????

Who's them TChill? Percy and Robb? So why cast your vote there? And for what reason?
First, you blatantly jump on Percy's bandwagon, then six posts later, you are lamenting the stupidity of the wagon, and hop on the opposing one without any reasoning whatsoever. Since then, you have posted three separate times to question the monkey's vote on you, and have not commented on anyone else. You do not seem to have tried to make any contribution to this game whatsoever, and I agree with monkey that your activity is raising red flags.

So let me give you an opportunity to contribute. Answer a couple questions. What did you hope to achieve by jumping on Percy's wagon? What specific moment in the Percy/Robb spat prompted your change of heart? What general conclusions do you draw from the arguments that have played out so far?

Hi Ari! I have the same question for you - what's your take here so far?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #89 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:58 am

Post by Korts »

I forgot -

VOTE: Tchill
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #160 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:32 am

Post by Korts »

Whoops, looks like there's a couple pages to go through since my last post. I plan on falling off the map later tonight, so I'll just do a quick catch-up post and respond to anyone who addressed me. More to come tomorrow and on the weekend.
In post 123, humaneatingmonkey wrote:@Korts
In post 77, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
~~~~~
In post 67, Korts wrote:Which is not to say that I don't think Persephone isn't suspcious independent of your arguments. Her play has been pretty poor so far - but yours can be characterized more specifically as opportunistic.
So how do you read Persephone's ISO then? What do you not agree on me about?

~~~~~

What would I gain as scum by pushing Percy's wagon right now if not to scumhunt and to learn from her reactions?
What would I gain as scum by openly questioning townreads people have on me this early?
Reading Persephone's ISO, I partly believe her claim that her newbieness is the main driving force behind the poor play. I dislike her panicky lack of commitment to her RVS vote when pushed, and she is still more focused on explaining and excusing herself than analyzing others' behavior around her, which is anti-town at best.

What do I not agree with you about? Dude. I told you already. You argued that Persephone's reason being "too serious" is scummy, and I think that argument is bogus.

What would you gain with a Percy wagon? A potential lynch, something to keep posting about, someplace to keep your vote. Are you saying that pushing a Percy wagon should be considered an exclusively pro-town venture?

By openly questioning (unjustified) townreads on yourself, you are heading off anyone else doing the same, and besides - you didn't object to the read, you just asked Ginggie how much she trusts the read, like you were fishing for an ally.

I mean, before writing this post, I was pretty much past my initial suspicion of you, because you have made some salient points elsewhere, but now that you made me explain all this (again), I'm reconsidering my reconsideration.
Unlike Korts, I don't vote someone who I only disagree with. His push against me was NAI. It could be something a town can do, but it lost townpoints because it was a bullshit push. Anyway, why do you think that I had to vote Korts?
Hey fuck you. Disagreement was not my reason for voting you. I laid out my bullshit case quite clearly, thank you.

God, Ginggie is being useless in this game. It doesn't sound deliberate, but come on.

Tchill
Robbnva wrote:the true definition of rvs
Pouiusdfnblxkjnvqeroőüignjsdbfblkaémnm are you trying to give me an aneurysm?

massive was distressingly cryptic to start with, but 138 is a much more reasoned and reasonable write-up than previous posts. Especially the Kaboose suspicion, which I have glossed over on first read but looks like a potential catch now. I will do my proper weekend reread with an eye toward this as well.
In post 154, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I still think Percy is way, way overreacting, but after her response to my last post I am not (currently) scumreading her for it. I will revisit later in this phase / next phase and see if what she gave me stands up to scrutiny.

The scum I
am
seeing is VOTE: TChill. He has spent an inordinate amount of his 21 posts defending Percy (directly and indirectly) and redirecting attention to other players. This looks more like like buddying up (white knighting? pocketing? What is the correct term?) than scum teaming to me, given what I first said.

Robb, what are your reads OTHER than Percy?
Finally, something from you that I can completely agree with.

My vote stays on Tchill.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #161 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Korts »

Oh hey, that last quote was from Sunlit Diamond - I thought I was reading humaneatingmonkey. Sorry!
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #216 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:34 am

Post by Korts »

In post 193, Tchill13 wrote:If I cared about how I was viewed or was too worried about each move why would I move my vote around like I have?
You're not really helping yourself with the "look how much I don't care" spiel.
In post 204, Aristophanes wrote:Like, I'm such an easy ML push right now!

Tchill loses whatever townread I didn't have for him.
What a weird over-the-top reaction to a barely justified vote on a fringe wagon. Kaboose's GIF game is on point, I don't even have a clue how to interpret this. Can you please elaborate where this is coming from?

PEDIT: I'm sorry we make you unwell, Percy :( Get better!
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #229 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:50 pm

Post by Korts »

You don't sound entirely convinced.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #240 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Post by Korts »

In post 232, Assemblerotws wrote:
In post 231, Eddie Cane wrote:if it makes you feel better I'll guarantee I'm not a godfather
I can guarantee nobody is a Godfather.
Huh? Did I miss where this is an open setup? Or are you just claiming scum?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #246 (isolation #18) » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Korts »

Seriously? Huh. Times have changed.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #252 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by Korts »

In post 247, Tchill13 wrote:Korts I really like your wifom thought on monkey. Why am I scummier than him?
Because of posts like this. Stop trying to butter me up.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #277 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:35 am

Post by Korts »

In post 269, Tchill13 wrote:Oh we're lynching 2 people today? And 1 for trying to get conversation started? OK
Haha no that's not why at all. I'll compile a comprehensive case for you tomorrow, I promise.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #310 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by Korts »

Eddie what the fuck with the shitstream - how is "hm" and "lol?" in response to quotes from ten pages ago worth a separate post each? Get it together. Take your fucking time. Compose a fucking thought and consider the value of coherence in your writing.
In post 302, Eddie Cane wrote:lol yeah you're just scum you're getting roped today. you aren't attempting to sort me, you just said you aren't going to interact with me anymore and that's because you know you're stuck in a corner. me not having time to actually read the game and rvsing for a bit doesn't allow you to write me off.

this means t chill is town and won't be lynched meaning ginngie will probably help you try to mislynch me. t chill, stop being a scummy scumfuck and post something useful to reassure me. you can even 2v2 ginngie and robb with me! ginngie is probably tilted town tho so your focus is robb.
Uhh... How the fuck does Robb's tunneling mean that Tchill is town? That is by far the stupidest thing I've read in this thread yet. And your Ginggie read is jumping all over the place. I can't even begin to understand what you're going for here.

The explanation in 304/305 isn't very compelling. It hinges on some pretty big assumptions of intention. You're also playing the newbie card on Tchill's behalf pretty hard.

But okay, you have some experience with him. Does he usually partake in any substantial scumhunting?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #316 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Korts »

The Case for Tchillscum

a PBPA venture

Spoiler: Post-by-Post
(Note: not all posts are listed here, just most of them.)

Post 41: naked wagoning in RVS - lazy play, but null on its own.

Post 47: next post after 41, goes from supporting the Percy/Eddie wagon to calling it stupid and voting the wagon leader in Robb - fails to address his own role on the wagon, even though the reason for Robb voting Percy is the same as when he joined it.

Post 79: without addressing any of the page-and-a-half of discussion since his last post, he questions monkey's vote and tries to redirect it. Posts 81 and 87 continue this line of thought.

Post 105: asks Kaboose why express suspicion if he isn't going to vote him - similar to monkey's case in 79, he seems concerned with cases/votes against him, regardless of other accompanying circumstances (like monkey simultaneously suspecting me, or Kaboose outlining multiple scenarios).

Post 143: immediately minimizes the vote on Ginggie after it is challenged (voted to get her to talk). Claims there are no cases out there for anyone being scum.

Post 145: asks Robb for directions, reads him as town - sounds like appeasement to me.

Post 150 brings up my WIFOM argument as weak in relation to Percy, to which Percy clarifies that the argument was against monkey - 153 then changes to agreement with the argument. For reference, that WIFOM argument was in reference to the "how much do you trust that read?" comment of monkey, dating all the way back to page 3, which I now consider a NAI comment. I wasn't pushing the WIFOM thing, nor was anyone else, Tchill was the one who kept bringing it back up.

Next 4 posts - 174, 186, 193, and 195 are all defensive one-liners.

Post 197 scumreads Ari for fluffposting (weak), and again brings up the WIFOM thing (and again namedrops me, a repeating occurrence which is starting to set off some buddying alarms for me).

Post 200 Townreads Ginggie for the townAF RVS read on monkey (the one which got the WIFOMy response) - remember that Tchill's vote at this point is still on Ginggie. Vote change to Ari comes in 202.

Post 247
again
tries to revive the WIFOM argument against monkey, this time with a direct appeal to me, and a follow-up question of why he (Tchill) is scummier. Like, this is the biggest red flag of all for me.

Post 260 finally votes monkey, no explanation, no case. In context, timing seems completely off as well.

Post 269 implies that he is under attack because he is trying to get conversation started. A complete misrepresentation that depicts him as an innocent party and anyone voting him as maliciously trying to shut conversation down. Another big red flag.

Post 272 advocates investigating low content posters on his wagon. Misdirection.

Post 274 unvotes (guess the monkey pressure didn't last even a day), apparently because massive asked him to make his own cases? I don't know. No explanation provided.

Post 281 votes Ginggie without elaboration - again, after a townread that has not been explicitly retracted. 283 provides some explanation (Ginggie is keeping up, but only comments on Tchill and Eddie).

Post 307 disavows Robb wagon, claims it will be a mislynch.

Analysis:

• Main focus of Tchill's posts overall is defensive.
  • Votes regularly inconsistent with expressed reads: vote hop from Percy to Percy's wagon leader, then Ginggie vote to Ginggie townread,
    then
    a vote switch, then back to voting Ginggie without any acknowledgement of his prior positions
  • Constant side pressure on monkey based on a single, minor point (WIFOM), votes monkey for less than a day in total, does not make own case - also namedrops me every time he brings up the WIFOM thing, and it is making me extremely uncomfortable at this point
  • The interaction with Ginggie is highly suspicious, again
I dunno, that's about it for me. I'm completely sold on this. Hope you guys are, too - come join the wagon!
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #317 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:06 am

Post by Korts »

In post 315, Ginngie wrote:@nancy, you engage with me because I'm actually good at this game. Tchill scum, vote so I can hammer
You're bussing, aren't you.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #319 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:13 am

Post by Korts »

In post 318, Ginngie wrote:
In post 317, Korts wrote:
In post 315, Ginngie wrote:@nancy, you engage with me because I'm actually good at this game. Tchill scum, vote so I can hammer
You're bussing, aren't you.
100%
Great!

Guys! The scum team is Tchill/Ginggie/Eddie Cane, so you know what to do.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #335 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Korts »

In post 328, Tchill13 wrote:Actually korts I like your case. I'm not gonna say you're wasting your time because that's very well thought out and put together. I will say your efforts are better used elsewhere.
This warms my heart, thank you. But flattery will get you nowhere. I will not be misdirected.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #336 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Korts »

Ginggie, why are you not voting Tchill?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #375 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:41 am

Post by Korts »

Stop.

Fucking.

Multiposting.
In post 356, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 355, Robbnva wrote:
In post 354, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I am quite certain that TChill is a scum team's dream opportunity for a mislynch.
if you believe this, who is the scum pushing him?

I am kind of starting to feel this way also but still not 100% ruling out that tchill isn't scum
At the moment Monkey seems the most likely. His case for voting Tchill seems disjointed and opportunistic to the extreme, while just "town" enough to slip by unnoticed.

Ginngie is also on my radar, and Korts' ultra-case caught my attention, but I'm not ready to scumread him yet. I don't think they are scum together, however. Possible for a Korts/Monkey or Ginngie/Monkey team, but not (in my opinion) Korts/Ginngie.
Interesting. Why are you assuming a two-player scumteam? I would think that 3 scum is much more probable in 13p.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #379 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Korts »

In post 374, Robbnva wrote:Btw voting my top scum read is and always will be protown. Don't ever say I'm not being protown when I absolutely am.

The goal of the game is to find and lynch scum. That's what I'm trying to do.

That is however nothing like what you are doing. You omgus me after you say your predecessor could be scum :lol:
Whatever else is up with you and Eddie (and I keep going back and forth in my mind on it) this is just not true, Robb. If you want to help the town get rid of scum, you need to work with the town. If you cannot convince us to lynch your scum pick, then you are not helping by refusing to entertain other possibilities. There is more than one scum. The town needs a consensus, not single-minded renegades who are willing to throw their votes away on principle.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #382 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Korts »

I have not seen you put out good reasons. Maybe they just weren't laid out properly? Give me just the keywords.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #420 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:03 am

Post by Korts »

I'm sorry to hear that you are so deeply affected by the game, Robb. Know that the arguments presented against you here do not reflect on you as a person. This is a game of manipulation where we all get flustered, drawn into firefights, or unfairly attacked sometimes, and it's important to maintain some emotional distance if you are vulnerable to this. Your mental health is more important than some stupid game - I hope you take some time to recenter yourself and come back refreshed.

I will be making a substantive post later tonight, but I thought that needed to be said.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #485 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by Korts »

Yesterday's big post didn't happen, I pissed my time away. I'm gonna jump into this right now. Until then, I'm unvoting. Open mind and all that.

VOTE: Unvote
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #486 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 am

Post by Korts »

Okay, well, I don't really feel like doing a huge recap, so here are just my reads, from most likely town to most likely scum.

Spoiler: Obv-Town to Townish
nancy
- I feel like nancy has been completely transparent and pro-town. I really don't know what to highlight here.

Dark Horse
- a step below nancy, he has not been anywhere near as engaged, but whenever he posts I find myself agreeing with everything he says.

massive
- this is a town read that I am very uncertain about, but considering my other reads, and the fact that there really isn't anything to suspect massive for, I cannot justify a lower position on the ladder. The evolution of his Tchill read in particular resonates with me, and his conclusion that we're barking up the wrong tree had me thinking for a bit. Then again, with massive's unassailable performance of towniness in mind, I'm still interested in a Tchill flip - if massive is scum, we're probably fucked, unless Tchill is scum too.

Ginggie
- I go back and forth, sometimes reading her tounge-in-cheek one-liner style as a good mask for her actual intentions, but then she also seems genuinely invested in scumhunting. I don't know what to take of the 393 claim, but that is neither here nor there at this point. I considered putting her lower because of Tchill's weird interactions with her, but I find everyone below this point scummier for more germane reasons.

Spoiler: Middle-of-the-Road
Grendel
- I dunno. massive had a decent point against Kaboose (not following up on pressure) which I thought would be interesting, but looking at it in context now it's just asking questions (from not just massive) as he is catching up, so uh, nope. I think Grendel has done a solid job of getting up to gear, but I'm not sure what direction he's going in. I know I don't like his final question to Ginggie in 402.

humaneatingmonkey
- I feel like he didn't come out looking particularly well from our early tiff, but then again, I wasn't really scumhunting at that point so much as generating content. Since then, however, he has made a few good posts in between active lurking due to work. I don't really have enough to judge him by, so he's right in the middle of the road for now.

Robbnva
- Oh Robb. Really the only thing about Robb in this game is Percy/Eddie. I'm reading Robb vs Percy/Eddie as TvT, but then I really don't understand how town deathtunnels so hard, or how Eddie lost his second chance in Robb's eyes after replacing in - this warrants a separate reread that I know I'm going to hate myself for promising.

Eddie Cane
- again, same as above, I read along with most of the Robb vs Eddie argument thinking it's TvT, but especially with Eddie's later reactions, I kind of have the feeling that I just thought that so that I wouldn't have to think about it. I say all of this without having reread them, though. I guess I will have to, but not this time around.

Spoiler: Scummy to Obv-Scum
Sunlit Diamond
- this is admittedly a gut scum read. Actually reading back, the only thing I can pinpoint as dumb is his "so good it's scummy" reaction to my Tchill case, which I guess may be personal, but also makes me want to pursue Tchill more, and see if there is a connection.

Vecna
- Ari has not been useful to the game, let alone the town, so I hesitate to judge this slot by his actions. Then again, nancy seemed convinced that Ari was playing to his scum meta. I also agree with massive's heebies regarding the "not saying you are scum" comment. I really don't see why humaneatingmonkey was the vote for him, either. I don't see that wagon taking off, nor has he made any case for it (in his initial reads, he only mentions a minor feeling, nothing substantial).

Tchill
- I gotta say, the response to my case made me a bit uncertain despite the way I doubled down in public. Then again, I have applied the same lack of care for my own slot both as scum and town before, so the genuineness is NAI for me. Other than that, see my case for why I still think he's scum; since then, he's been noticeably more careful IMO, and now I'm all the more convinced.

Assemblerotws
- Wow. Talk about flying under the radar. Lynch All Lurkers, anyone?

So. The three lynches I am willing to go for today are Assemble, Tchill, and Vecna. I'm going back to the Tchill wagon for now, but if anyone wants to help one of the others take off, I'm all for it.

scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #547 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Korts »

Good on you, Tchill.

In post 489, Vecna wrote:Korts, I would like some more clarifications from you;

What posts in particular from Dark horse were you agreeing with so strongly? His posts all have felt ratherr like stating the obvious, and as things that scum could also superficially state. Id like you to pay some special attention to Dark Horse read's on the Eddie slot here, since it feels youre rather contradicting yourself stating that you agree with his posts, while at the same time youre reading the Robb vs Eddie interactions completely different from Dark Horse.

why are you so fascinated with me trying to get a wagon on monkey going? You were stating distrust on the slot yourself, and your recent post isnt taking that away completely. How is it so unclear to you why im voting the slot, while apparently you've felt the same level of suspicion? One could think you were distancing yourself from the slot and are now coming back on that since you dont want to start bussing it quite this early?
What are you on about? Dark Horse didn't have an Eddie read. The two times he even mentions Eddie is to say that his argument with Robb is clogging up the thread, and once to ask him about his Tchill/Robb reads. So what am I contradicting exactly?

And what fascination? This is the first time I am mentioning your monkey vote. I have reconsidered that point, though. It was a sloppy ISO read on my part that led me to believe your vote didn't align with your suspicions.

By the way, those are some heavily loaded questions to massive in 488. If you want something said, you might as well say it yourself, mate.

VOTE: Vecna
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #548 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Korts »

In post 506, Vecna wrote:Also, since when does putting someone on L1 get announced upfront?
It has always been considered a courtesy to not just the lynch target to start considering final claims, pleas, and other assorted words of kindness, but to the town as a whole, who may not all be following the vote count and would like the dead to have their say before a hammer.

Or did nobody teach you manners in your time here?
In post 508, Vecna wrote:Yo Tchill, if youre actually a PR youre gonna come in here and discuss stuff, and not run away again and hide right after claiming like that. If not were gonna be finding out whether your bullshitting or not.
Are you threatening Tchill with a lynch, or what? How do you expect to get that done? That wagon certainly don't have my vote anymore, and you're absolutely not going to be the one to convince me otherwise.
In post 519, Vecna wrote:VOTE: Tchill

Hey Tchill, I asked you to come in and not disappear after you just made some hasty claim. I can see youre still online
[/quote]

Put your hand down. Sit. What do you think this post achieves? What even do you want Tchill to say so immediately?

Oh nevermind. I'm not going to keep voting you one by one. I can see the desperation taking hold, and you're just going to keep trying to bullshit your way out of this.

Good on you, Ginggie, for applying the pressure.

Hope the thread is done exploding, cause I'm going away from the computer for the day.
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #549 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:06 am

Post by Korts »

Mod:
help! I fucked up my quote end-tag in the first line!
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #609 (isolation #36) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:27 am

Post by Korts »

If you jailkeep Tchill, how will that confirm either of you? At best, you confirm to Tchill that you can roleblock him. From the rest of our perspectives, that just means that nothing happens. I don't buy any of your performance for the last three pages.

Would you like me to respond to any particular point you made, Vecna? Otherwise, I don't feel like dignifying your bullshit flailing with any analysis.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #613 (isolation #37) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:38 am

Post by Korts »

In post 611, Vecna wrote:Or he is scum, and he'd only claim Vig if they actually do have a way to have a second nightkill. Having him claim that he shot someone and that it went through would out his lie in that case. Also if someone else on their team happens to be an extra killing role (not sure how likely that is in these sort of setups) then it also outs him as a lyar.
That's not how scum kills tend to work. I doubt there is a designated killer, just a group kill that can be executed by anyone. I don't think I've ever seen a scum team with only one player who can kill.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #652 (isolation #38) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:54 am

Post by Korts »

I don't really get the monkey wagon, and I don't have the time to go digging. Can someone summarize why he is a better lynch than Vecna?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #672 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:55 am

Post by Korts »

Wtf

Did you guys really run up another PR to a claim, when Vecna is obviously just trying to bullshit himself out of a corner?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #679 (isolation #40) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:04 am

Post by Korts »

In post 675, Vecna wrote:In what world would a town PR in my position not be trying to talk himself out of getting lynched? You'd prefer if your town PR's in all your games would always just lay down and die?
Nah it's not
that
you claimed a PR, it's all the stuff that led to you claiming that let me know that you were caught, and you were trying all manner of bullshit fallacies in an effort to cope with the sudden attention. Jailkeeper is a relatively safe claim for scum - it really isn't confirmable, unless you mean blocking Tchill, at which point
nothing happens
, which will mean nothing, because Tchill is also not confirmed.

I would not prefer my town PRs to lay down and die. I do welcome scum suddenly imploding, and the PR claim does not fool me for one second.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #680 (isolation #41) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:12 am

Post by Korts »

Enough fooling around with other wagons, guys. For anyone who needs a reminder, go reread Vecna from Tchill's claim onward. How is the PR claim believable after all that implosion?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #777 (isolation #42) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:57 am

Post by Korts »

Hm.

I guess I need to go back and recalibrate too.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #809 (isolation #43) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by Korts »

In post 786, Dark Horse wrote:I really don't like the huge double standard korts had between monkey and vecna's claims.
I don't understand this argument. Are you being deliberately obtuse? Vecna claimed after a bunch of scummy shit, where he exploded all over the thread, threatened Tchill post-claim multiple times, desperately tried to lead the town away from his wagon, and constantly misrepresented any argument against him.
Then
he claimed, which to me looked like another clear diversion attempt after all the others had failed. It was a bogus claim, even if it turned out to be true.

monkey didn't explode like that, and although his claim was early, it was nearing deadline and his counterwagon was gaining steam. Admittedly, at that point I was on limited access and just trying to get a Vecna lynch to happen, so I wasn't reading thoroughly - but I don't remember any blatant scumminess from monkey before the claim.

I have a bunch of things to do in the following days, so the reread isn't coming before the weekend. Maybe I just missed something.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #835 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Korts »

In post 823, Tchill13 wrote:I did not use my ability and I am not claiming one shot. I wasn't gonna kill a townie on accident on top of the fact that we had already given scum a free kill because of the no lynch.
I mean, if anything, the no lynch gave us more room for town deaths. You could have used the kill to try scumhunting yourself, and give the town a flip to work with next day even though we bungled the lynch. assembler was at L-1, and I would have hammered if I was here, as would I imagine most of us who didn't make it, so we would all have welcomed that shot - then you had a monkey suspicion that was shared by others, whose flip would have helped clear the air as well - there were good targets for you to shoot. That you didn't choose any of them is baffling.

I mean, I was expecting you to blame Vecna's jailkeeping. It completely throws me off that you just didn't shoot at all. I don't understand how you thought not shooting would benefit the town.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #836 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:07 am

Post by Korts »

scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #854 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by Korts »

In post 837, Sunlit Diamond wrote:What reason would scum!TChill have for saying he didn't shoot versus hiding behind Vecna's JK?
Actually that's a good question. I... don't know.

Then again, Tchill's play has been less than optimal regardless of alignment, so arguing out of a position of "why would scumTchill do this" doesn't help my read a hell of a lot either. I kinda dread having him around at endgame, because who the fuck can tell.

I gotta go catch a train, I will address other stuff later today.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #858 (isolation #47) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:07 am

Post by Korts »

In post 839, Dark Horse wrote:You did the opposite. It seemed like instead of causing you to back down, you just started gunning for his lynch even harder, which is mad scummy. Even now, you’re trying to dismiss being wrong by saying it was a “bogus claim.”
I'm not trying to dismiss being wrong. I'm just trying to justify my position. It was a bogus claim because of all the weaselly shit before it that made it look like a last-ditch survival attempt. I was wrong, but I stand by my judgement. Vecna was incredibly scummy.

As for monkey, well - I wasn't focused on him, because I thought I caught a scum already. But looking back, I don't see how his claim is so similar to Vecna's, because of a distinct lack of weaselly shit beforehand. Both of them made early partial claims, but that's about the extent of it, and you're disregarding a whole lot of circumstance to make your comparison. monkey's wagon built up simply as an alternative to Vecna rather than due to any one reason, and he claimed out of deadline jitters. It didn't look particularly scummy on first skim, and it doesn't look scummy to me now.
In post 846, Grendel wrote:A silly question, but humor me please. What was the last game you played through to completion here?
Last summer - Micro 623 was the first time I played since 2013. I joined another game this March, but quickly replaced out due to the spamposting.
In post 855, Tchill13 wrote:VOTE: korts

If you believe my claim and unvoted me because of it there's no reason for me to be around end game because I would be NK'd. You should believe this because you apparently believe my claim now. You throw shade while hopping off the wagon in hopes that my lynch goes through while you're not on it.
I did not unvote because I believe you, I unvoted because I do not see any more scum justification for your claim than I do town, and that is not a good basis for a vote.

What gave you the idea that I believe you being town? What I said is I don't know, because your bad play transcends alignment and can no longer be used as a reliable gauge. If you're scum, you're clearly not going to be a kill target, and even if you're town, it's not sure you would be killed at this point.

Analyses and way forward tomorrow. I'm off to play with my parents' new puppy now.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #859 (isolation #48) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Korts »

In post 857, Eddie Cane wrote:VOTE: monkey

lmk if anyone is down for a korts wagon.

t chill, vig tonight or you're just scum. assemble is still a good target
Of course you are, Eddie.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #861 (isolation #49) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Korts »

Well a) vigs can kill town just as easily as they can kill scum, and with greater probability. And b) leaving you alive would raise that very question of why you aren't dead yet, potentially hijacking a lynch if they can whip up enough of a frenzy about it.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #893 (isolation #50) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Korts »

Okay, I'm finally sitting down to recalibrate. I'm gonna have to do this in portions though, because I have a bunch of other shit to deal with too.

VOTE: unvote

Reread notes - page 1-3 - The Percy wagon builds up

• Robb's post 14, after Percy repeated her silly first vote reason in an intentionally silly way, is way too serious and immediate a response (coming within 5 minutes of Percy's post). Then Percy's appeal to RVS is dismissed with some boggling logic in 16.
    This is the molehill at the bottom of the mountain that was the Percy vs. Robb fight, and even though I agree with Dark Horse's 18 that Percy's dismissal of Robb sounded forced, I think Robb's reply is even more so - "you didn't RVS" is already a pretty unjustified argument, because RVS is a game state that dictates arbitrary voting, and not any individual action, which means that any vote in RVS is, by definition, participation in RVS; and the follow-up argument of "when you don't RVS you need to make sense" is just downright empty rhetoric.
    This could just be Robb trying to move the game forward, but it's a very shaky foundation to have started building on.

• Based on just this initial exchange, Kaboose and Dark Horse immediately jump on Percy's wagon, which I find weird. When I was first reading through this exchange, I automatically parsed it as town v. town, but if I had to choose a less defensible side, it would be Robb's. (I say less defensible instead of scummy, because again, this is early game activity.)

• Meanwhile, Tchill's post 20 does not take a side in the Percy/Robb spat, but does riff on Percy's silly "we must have blood" reason to start an unrelated wagon on monkey. Nancy immediately takes a mediating role between Robb and Percy, asking both to elaborate on their positions. monkey puts additional pressure on Percy, and asks Robb seemingly pointed questions (though when I ask him about it, he seems to echo Robb's reasoning instead of questioning it). Then he gets gratingly cocky in response to Ginggie's townAF read on him - "how much do you trust that read" still rubs me wrong, even if Ginggie's post warranted questions itself.

• massive and Tchill jump on Percy, both of them just openly riding the wagon.

• Percy's defense against Robb in 42 is sound. In response, Robb doubles down on his bullshit logic in 45, and gets immediate heat from massive and Tchill, who are voting together in immediate succession again.

• monkey makes cases on Percy and Tchill, changes vote to Tchill, then a couple posts later back to Percy. His case against Percy is pretty weak though, as it's built on the "it was a real reason, not a joke reason" argument, when, come on - how the fuck do you read "we must have blood" as a real reason?
This is pretty much the peak of the Percy wagon, then Tchill starts taking off on the next page. At this point of the reread, Robb is coming off as deliberately obtuse in pursuit of Percy's wagon, while monkey is enabling the bullshit. Tchill looks like he's sheeping massive. Out of all this, monkey's behavior is still the one making me most uncomfortable. I'm gonna keep reading tomorrow, but right now, I feel like I really shouldn't have let go of the monkey scum read so easily. Robb is the second scummiest in these first three pages, especially in connection with monkey.

Tomorrow, I will be examining the Tchill wagon's development.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #896 (isolation #51) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:06 am

Post by Korts »

In post 892, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Korts: your case on TChill feels a bit like trying to come up with scum reasoning for every post, which feels forced. What was the intention here?
I'm sure a proper PBPA feels forced nowadays, but that's how I learned to play the game. If you're sure of a scum read, you gather your evidence and present your case. I highlighted any of Tchill's posts where I could see the reflection of a scummy mindset; that that ended up being most of his posts is circumstantial.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #897 (isolation #52) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 am

Post by Korts »

Yeah, you're right though - it's better to not keep responding to each other while we're both in the process of a read-through :)
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #899 (isolation #53) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:20 am

Post by Korts »

I will not.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #902 (isolation #54) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 am

Post by Korts »

In post 900, Robbnva wrote:So you can be scum also cause nothing bs with that post or my logic.
I will be happy to show that it is.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #930 (isolation #55) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:14 pm

Post by Korts »

In post 917, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 893, Korts wrote:Okay, I'm finally sitting down to recalibrate. I'm gonna have to do this in portions though, because I have a bunch of other shit to deal with too.

Reread notes - page 1-3 - The Percy wagon builds up

Spoiler:
  • Robb's post 14, after Percy repeated her silly first vote reason in an intentionally silly way, is way too serious and immediate a response (coming within 5 minutes of Percy's post). Then Percy's appeal to RVS is dismissed with some boggling logic in 16.
    This is the molehill at the bottom of the mountain that was the Percy vs. Robb fight, and even though I agree with Dark Horse's 18 that Percy's dismissal of Robb sounded forced, I think Robb's reply is even more so - "you didn't RVS" is already a pretty unjustified argument, because RVS is a game state that dictates arbitrary voting, and not any individual action, which means that any vote in RVS is, by definition, participation in RVS; and the follow-up argument of "when you don't RVS you need to make sense" is just downright empty rhetoric.
    This could just be Robb trying to move the game forward, but it's a very shaky foundation to have started building on.

• Based on just this initial exchange, Kaboose and Dark Horse immediately jump on Percy's wagon, which I find weird. When I was first reading through this exchange, I automatically parsed it as town v. town, but if I had to choose a less defensible side, it would be Robb's. (I say less defensible instead of scummy, because again, this is early game activity.)

• Meanwhile, Tchill's post 20 does not take a side in the Percy/Robb spat, but does riff on Percy's silly "we must have blood" reason to start an unrelated wagon on monkey. Nancy immediately takes a mediating role between Robb and Percy, asking both to elaborate on their positions. monkey puts additional pressure on Percy, and asks Robb seemingly pointed questions (though when I ask him about it, he seems to echo Robb's reasoning instead of questioning it). Then he gets gratingly cocky in response to Ginggie's townAF read on him - "how much do you trust that read" still rubs me wrong, even if Ginggie's post warranted questions itself.

• massive and Tchill jump on Percy, both of them just openly riding the wagon.

• Percy's defense against Robb in 42 is sound. In response, Robb doubles down on his bullshit logic in 45, and gets immediate heat from massive and Tchill, who are voting together in immediate succession again.

• monkey makes cases on Percy and Tchill, changes vote to Tchill, then a couple posts later back to Percy. His case against Percy is pretty weak though, as it's built on the "it was a real reason, not a joke reason" argument, when, come on - how the fuck do you read "we must have blood" as a real reason?
This is pretty much the peak of the Percy wagon, then Tchill starts taking off on the next page. At this point of the reread, Robb is coming off as deliberately obtuse in pursuit of Percy's wagon, while monkey is enabling the bullshit. Tchill looks like he's sheeping massive. Out of all this, monkey's behavior is still the one making me most uncomfortable. I'm gonna keep reading tomorrow, but right now, I feel like I really shouldn't have let go of the monkey scum read so easily. Robb is the second scummiest in these first three pages, especially in connection with monkey.

Tomorrow, I will be examining the Tchill wagon's development.
Now it's time to address this. I don't like it. He seems to be painting the people voting PS as scum no matter who they are.
Just Robb and monkey, really. Both their pushes on Percy were terribly contrived.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #932 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:05 am

Post by Korts »

Page 4-14: Tchill wagon develops, Robb continues to tunnel Percy

• Monkey's switch to Tchill in 77 seems off when the entirety of his post was otherwise dedicated to arguing the points I made against him. He invites me to join the Tchill wagon instead of pursuing his case. It seems like deflection tactic.

• Robb's 108 makes a reasonable point about massive and Tchill's vote hopping, but the characterization of the Percy deal is all kinds of wrong. Robb says he didn't argue with her (???) and that he wasn't defensive, both of which sound incredibly incorrect from the outside perspective at least.

• Robb's continued insistence that the it-wasn't-RVS argument holds any water is frankly baffling. He brings up the game where he caught RC in the early game like it justifies his position here, but it really doesn't translate, not when the actual argument he's building on is so forced. The OMGUS accusation in 191 completely ignores his own scummy behavior, and the fact that Percy wasn't alone in pushing back for it.

• Tchill's response to pressure is so goddamn erratic. And ugh, the wifom thing.
Up to page 14. To be continued.

PEDIT: haha you're such a goof Robb.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #933 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:18 am

Post by Korts »

Okay, here's the bullshit in 45, Robb.
In post 45, Robbnva wrote:I didn't argue anything actually. I asked you a simple question.

You chose to use something game related to vote me, asking you to explain your vote is perfectly acceptable response.
An explanation was provided with the initial vote. The explanation was repeated at your request.
you claim it was rvs, but according to my definition of rvs, it wasn't.
This is the bullshit part. You stick to the literal definition of RVS as strictly random, unjustified voting. Your entire case is built on the fact that Percy dared include a reason, which makes it not RVS, when you are well aware (you must be, you claim 10+ years of experience with this game) that the common use of RVS refers to arbitrary voting rather than essential randomness.

That you stick to "your" definition of RVS in the face of an entire town arguing against it shows that you don't have a cooperative scumhunting mindset, and are perfectly fine pushing a point nobody agrees with. This is how scum hide their votes from impactful wagons.
Also I don't really buy the whole "see if his reaction would be useful" because you have to have a familiarity with me to know how I would react as town and scum, and you don't.
You are not such a special snowflake that your reactions wouldn't tell a stranger anything about you. This is just an attempt to discredit Percy's defense.
There hasn't been enough from you to determine if you are scum or town yet, so I won't put you at L-1 but you are definitely on my radar. Let's see if your play improves.
And like massive said at the time, this last sentence is incredibly condescending, as if your own play has been so impeccable.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #935 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:15 am

Post by Korts »

Your entire RVS spiel is bullshit, no matter how you defend it.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #937 (isolation #59) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:40 am

Post by Korts »

You're really not as clever as you think you are.

VOTE: Robbnva
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #939 (isolation #60) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:57 am

Post by Korts »

Fuck off with your LAMIST posing.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1040 (isolation #61) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Korts »

I started my reread with the intention of not voting until I'm finished, but then I got sucked into the argument with Robb, and he got enough of a rise out of me that I made an emotional decision. I'm pretty unhappy about that, and I'll try to be more detached from this point. Having let most of my anger go, I can see that Robb's reaction is reflective of his grating personality more than his scumminess - but I still stand by my general argument that his Percy case is built on bad logic.

I've only been skimming since my last post otherwise, but since I've seen multiple defenses of Robb's RVS stance, I feel a need to clarify. I can understand that people would argue that RVS applies strictly to random voting unsupported by any additional reasoning - but that is a purely theoretical position, and doesn't work as a scumtell in a game where others (myself included) do not adhere to that position. From my experience, RVS is used just as frequently as a colloquial term to refer to any early game voting, including joke reasons - especially by newbies. That Robb continues to push a case based on "it's not an RVS vote if you give a reason," when multiple people have asserted a different philosophy, is something that really bugs me. It is not a solid foundation for a case, let alone one that's still being pushed 40 pages later.

Unfortunately, I cannot continue my catch-up today, as I have other commitments. I will be back with more tomorrow.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1100 (isolation #62) » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:06 am

Post by Korts »

You know what guys, I'm not gonna reread the entire thing again, because this is a chore that I am just not enjoying. I have so many chores already, I just want this game to be a game to me. I'm gonna lay out my thoughts off the top of my head, see if that does anything for me.

First off, I want to apologize for my activity so far on Day 2. The Vecna flip threw me off completely, and I was desperately looking for something to grab onto. I latched onto Tchill for an anti-town gesture without any consideration of the scum motivation, which got rightly called out, and threw me off again. Robb antagonizing me was a good trigger to get me back into the game, but it wasn't scumhunting, it was butting heads, and that leads nowhere either.

So here's where I am.

To answer your question first, monkey, I think Ginggie is fucking around, posting a lot but investing little effort, and I really don't think his D3 IC claim makes any sort of sense (although who am I to know what kind of roles can be found floating around these days). At the very least, the claim is verifiable simply by waiting until tomorrow; one thought I had was that he is a Survivor-type deal, or like a Traitor that joins the mafia after D3 maybe? We'll see.

I really dislike the way Robb has been playing, but I think that's just his personality poisoning his game. He is tunneling, OMGUSing, extremely defensive and bitterly argumentative, and I consider none of that a scumtell at this point. Robb, I think you need to seek therapy instead of channeling your frustration into mafia, because you're ruining the game for everyone else.

Based just on Robb's role in Eddie's play, I also can't think of Eddie in terms of alignment, only as the frustrated recipient of Robb's energies. That this turned into genuine suspicion on Eddie's part, I can personally understand. I'm really curious to see how Game Replacement will hold up in that slot.

At this point I'm inclined to believe Tchill's claims, but he absolutely has to confirm himself next night. Grendel has been a blind spot for me so far, and if I wasn't so sick of rereads right now, I'd promise one - does anyone have anything on him?

monkey I go back and forth on. I honestly think that his early game play was suspicious, but he's been on good behavior since our butting of heads. Again, I'm not going to go back looking for anything anymore, but I have my eyes on him.

I still think Dark Horse is making the most sense out of anyone; nancy's trying to sort but is obviously disengaged, which I can understand with the game having been how it has; massive is is proactive; and I liked though I was uncomfortable with some of what Sunlit Diamond had to say, I have to say I liked Gamma's catch-up. (As an aside, it just occurred to me that Emerald replaced Diamond. Ha!)

So there you have it. At this point, the only vote I'm comfortable with:

VOTE: Assembler

I know he just replaced out, but come on.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1112 (isolation #63) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Korts »

I did not mean to attack Robb. It was insensitive of me to suggest therapy, but I stand by my position that his state of mind was not healthy or helpful in this game.

Dark Horse: I mean that I find your positions and interactions reasonable, not that I necessarily agree with everything. I don't have any solid argument to disprove your case on me, just the knowledge of my alignment, and since as far as I can tell, most of your case on monkey and massive depends on their connection to me, I don't see that either. Nevertheless, I understand where every post you make comes from.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1113 (isolation #64) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Korts »

In post 1110, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Korts
You have been voting me since the moment you were caught up. Since then, this is the second time you made it look like you were adding your vote to my wagon. Are you trying to create the illusion of momentum?
I think a lot of that post is pocketing btw, look at how many townreads he has.
I have not made any townread declarations in that post.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1777 (isolation #65) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:12 am

Post by Korts »

Great job, Grendel! Well played, and good bussing.

I apologize to everyone for falling off the map, and I apologize to RC, nancy, and Grendel in particular - I went camping and completely forgot to take a laptop with me, and then I met so many new people there that I forgot to check the game from my phone. Thank you, Drixx, for stepping in, and for keeping the role afloat for a few more Days despite the way I left it.

Thank you RC, for a game well-modded, and I'm sorry to hear that this is your last. I wish you the best, and hope that you aren't gone for good.

With two power roles claimed, and a third (massive) clearly implied by end of Day 1, I thought the scum team was going to have an easy win, but the town put up a good fight even so.
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”