Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:21 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

pist game i want an explanation of how ur thought process works rb

pedit: lol maybe I'll join for a bit

pedit2: so its fine to sr someone for something but not sr someone for the same thingv like unless u have extensive experience with one/both thats kinda bs. And im assuming una hasnt really played with u or eddie
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:21 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1667, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 1663, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 1655, MarioManiac4 wrote:unabombah stop.
Full stop.

I'll just wait to get killed so I can go back to play in the kiddies pool in Rome.
no, you don't need to go to rome.
you just need to open up to ppl about your theories. withdrawing info from the town isn't really going to help anything?
But I really need to get back to Rome as soon as possible.

I need to know what kind of setup I'm working with, this feels too chaotic to me.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:22 am

Post by rb »

tl;dr context matters because guess what:

anything town can do, scum can do
anything scum can do, town can do

What matters is WHY they did it

Ergo: i don't actually give a fuck about why unah was on SD for reasons that are long and complex but ultimately because I don't think going into that will have any bearing on una's alignment

For reasons that are long and complex I think this is a central topic to figuring out Thor's alignment, however

~

Also, wavemode's egopost + naked vote are actually irredeemably shit and I don't know why I'm not voting him
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:23 am

Post by rb »

VOTE: wavemode
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:23 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

unabombah; https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game

this will show you all the available roles and modifiers

(i think you are allowed one role not in it but it has to be simple and is fully explained)

it's not all that chaotic tbh, you already know about cop/doc/tracker/bp/jailkeeper, and people are willing to teach you what roles are and what they mean if u dont know
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:24 am

Post by rb »

@Paul why would you be interested in my thought process?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:24 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

why do one have to be? ae u incapable of seeing a scenario where both are town?

town can buddy up to push their reads through.

pedit: open queue is good if u wanna know setup

pedit2: ooooook. fine whatevs. u have more experience i surrender.

why are u voting me tho?

pedit: nvm

OMG STOP POSTING SO I CAN FUCKING POST
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:25 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

bcuz u seem so sure of urself. im just curious how u form reads. i know u think thought orocesses are scumm thats why i said post game
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:25 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

fak i cant english
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:25 am

Post by frog »

In post 1624, Eddie Cane wrote:justify your reads if you didn't do a. catch up at least. you haven't posted anything recently and we need to see why these are your reads
Sure, although briefly and with generalisations

rb: a scarily large number of times, rb posted what I was thinking at the very moment I started thinking about it. rb followed up the things I would have wanted to follow up and has been frustrated at the events that have irritated me. I think it is logical to believe that rb is of my alignment.

MarioManiac4: the moment Ausuka changed into MM4 my read of the slot improved; reads were explained well (and, I think, generally good) Engagement with suspicious slots, such as UnaBombaH and Mulch, I liked; the emphasis was on drawing out useful information and encouraging participation.

NotTheRealPaul: early game, Paul was very aware of the assumptions he brings into play, which requires an effort I don't think scum would make. His questions have been good and reads, and especially changes of opinion, are explained clearly. Obviously pro-town behaviour does not necessarily indicate alignment with town, but I am comfortable with this read.

UnaBombaH: UnaBombaH has more engagement with wagons than most, and this, combined with post #284, makes him appear a useful player in my eyes. The read posts on Ausuka and Sunlit Diamond indicate a towny mindset in my opinion.

skitter30: I had a favourable opinion of skitter, as I said, from the interactions after Ausuka voted for DunkerDoodles early on Day 1. It was useful, early, serious content, clearly attempting to move the game forward without the dangers of dogma and joviality. The catching-up was also good, but later on she seems noncommittal and slightly lurkerish? I will admit there is some gut in that, without which she would be higher in my reads list.

wavemode: I was having trouble sorting wavemode earlier in the game, but a few posts here and there (#314 and #1286) I think come from a town mindset.

DunkerDoodles: no offence intended, but probably the least memorable player in the game for me so far, which makes me think they are lurking actively. Not a good sign

Eddie Cain: irreverent half the time, useless the other. Questions have been shallow. It seems like they are trying to insert themselves into everything without having much of an impact.

Flavor Leaf: pushes early Day 1 on spurious issues and does nothing with the 'pressure' they claim to be exerting. After unvoting themselves, they claim to have a few weak townreads and ask little that might solidify these or produce some scumreads. They also seem unusually concerned with their wagon after it dissipated.

thor665: thor has seemed very worried about how he looks and where he sits in relation to other players. The conflicts he has involved himself in have distracted us from useful play and disinterested plenty of players, and this is worse when his request to compromise wagon early Day 1 is considered. Further specifics deliberately left out to avoid a thor argument.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:25 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1507, MarioManiac4 wrote:you so nobly want to be lynched for the good of the town
and vote mm4
makes sense

pedit: at this point i don't know what the fuck you're referring to

i'm not worried at all

pedit: im not upset/angry, i'm arguing against what you are saying because people can buy it regardless of how bad it is.
pedit2: riddle me this. why would i be defensive as scum?
pedit3: HOLY SHIT STOP POSTING SO THAT SOMEONE ELSE CAN ACTUALLY FUCKING POST WITHOUT GETTING PEDIT HOLY FUCK IT'S NOT LIKE YOUR POSTS BRING ANYTHING ORIGINAL TO THE TABLE
pedit4: if you're town i am going to give up on humanity and embrace a life of nihilism
pedit5: you're not being town you're being scum
i'm """worried""" about it because there is a chance that it involves me playing against wincon and i will not do that ever. there is no benefit for me.
pedit6: i brought it up because it shows that you're bullshitting about confidence. there's no way you "knew" i was scum. you know speaking slightly more confidently than you feel isn't scummy.
pedit7: WHY THE FUCK DO YOU DO THIS TO ME MULCH WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU
you think you have it bad

i had to pedit eight fucking times
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:25 am

Post by rb »

Unah you're very far from the worst Newbie-in-Normal queue I've encountered
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:26 am

Post by rb »

In post 1682, NotTheRealPaul wrote:bcuz u seem so sure of urself. im just curious how u form reads. i know u think thought orocesses are scumm thats why i said post game
What about me being sure of myself makes you want to understand my thought process?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:28 am

Post by rb »

Paul do you townread me or scumread me?
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:28 am

Post by frog »

Eddie Cane, can you explain your read of rb in detail please
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:28 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1679, MarioManiac4 wrote:unabombah; https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game

this will show you all the available roles and modifiers
Yes, I have been studying this extensively, and for example, I'm very disturbed by the fact that now anyone could be bulletproof, and yet not town.

If I understood correctly my research on wiki, it might even be more common on not-town-players in Normal games..?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:29 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Okay rb. Ur playstyle has piqued my interest. So I wanted to see if u could explain it pist game since i doubt u'll explain it here.

Lol mm

also uma if u wanna find some bad newbie queue stuff look at my first game

1787/: comics (i think). skitters and tb were there. I was wrong on everything

rb i tr u
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:31 am

Post by frog »

In post 1690, UnaBombaH wrote:Yes, I have been studying this extensively, and for example, I'm very disturbed by the fact that now anyone could be bulletproof, and yet not town.

If I understood correctly my research on wiki, it might even be more common on not-town-players in Normal games..?
Why are you so anxious about the setup?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:32 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

role =/= alignment
bulletproof means you are immune to kills
bulletproof doesn't mean you're town

same with most other roles, they aren't attached to an alignment, apart from roles like innocent child and mason which are supposed to be conftown, and roles like strongman which apply to the mafia factional abilities

(even if you don't understand closed setups right now, your scumhunting is still very useful, don't worry.)
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:32 am

Post by rb »

Okay so considering I've basically just been wrong so far about my two major scumreads in Mulch + Sunlit, and you townread me - I can only assume that if anything you'd consider my style not actually effective so far.

So I kind of want to know what about it has made you interested? Are you looking to be as ineffective as I have been so far?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:32 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

actually paul you were right about me in comics
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:34 am

Post by rb »

@Una can you just do more posts like the one you were so unsure about making. I assure you it was a fine post and exactly the sort of post town players should be making. If you are town and have thoughts about stuff like that, it's best to share it.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:35 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

no i was rlly wrong. u replaced in and i tred u hard. then the others told me i was wrong and i didnt understand the case but voted for u while pretending to understand. dude that game was bad. like rlly bad.

rb i dont need help being inneffective. Im just curious about how u form ur reads. Has nothing to do with how accurate they are, I just wanna know bcuz they come out if nowhere sometimes. IT LITERALLY JUST FUCKING CURIOSITY.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:37 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1696, rb wrote:@Una can you just do more posts like the one you were so unsure about making. I assure you it was a fine post and exactly the sort of post town players should be making. If you are town and have thoughts about stuff like that, it's best to share it.
OK, I'll let it go.

I think it was weird you didn't pay attention to Eddie buddying up on you.
I thought it was obvious, but I was too uncertain of my gut-feel that I didn't want to bring it up.
I thought you should've seen it, but I guess I convinced myself I was only imagining it.
But now you've just admitted he might have been pocketing you.
So was this honestly eye-opening to you, or were you aware of it all along?
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Also: I honestly am quite certain Thor is town, in the sense that I don't read any of his stand-alone posts as scum.

I feel like he got "bullied" into a corner, the same way mulch vs Mario happened.

So in light of his earlier posts, I don't see Thor as scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”