skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@Mod: Please replace me out

Something came up today, and I'm going to be super busy IRL for the next two weeks, and I don't think I can commit as much time as I would like to this game. I don't think it's fair to everyone else for me to stay in when I know I can't give this game my best.

Apologies.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

strategic out bcuz dunkers and i caught scum!skitters xD

jk

hope everything IRL goes well skitters. Will miss you
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

too many scummy mothwrcuckers in this game. ahh
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

too many scummy mothwrcuckers in this game. ahh

@rb can u share the thing about why everyone tring u is important
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

dunkers come join us on the wave wagon its really comfy
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

cause it probably means either

a) we have a vig who killed SD, rb was shot and healed
b) scum has rb townreading them and is therefore not concerned enough to push or kill him
c) rb is just scum

b is probably most likely.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

so scum is in rb's townbloc?

so we are lynching in {mm4, me, who else was here?}
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

eddie do u think all the scum are there? or like 1-2?

actually thats kinda a dumb question. IDK
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 1907, NotTheRealPaul wrote:dunkers come join us on the wave wagon its really comfy
ok
VOTE: wave
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by rb »

it doesn't necessarily mean i'm wrong

it can just mean scum realise i'm too widely townread to get lynched, and avoiding me and then just NK'ing me is preferable to being in my way

i'm gonna have to go over this game again sadly. let's not lynch wave just yet. I'm fine ending day with his lynch.

i'm going to have to try really hard to get through to thor and make dialogue with some other ppl in this game *sigh*

this game is a real headache

UNVOTE: wavemode
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

I can see that. rb ur pretty fucking scary
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by rb »

I think I might actually make a wallpost soon.

Thor I'm going to try leave you alone and give you room to Thor because a quick skim is making me wonder if I've been unreasonable. I have universal TR status so I need to be the bridge between players atm, and nobody has any excuse to not support this, because everyone TR's me.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

wall pist? so like a case against/for someone being town or scum?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

ebwop wall post*

eddie do u still think its wave/thor/?!??
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by rb »

I'm going to read and give commentary on every slot, and maybe we can get something out of this horrid gamestate
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1914, rb wrote:I have universal TR status so I need to be the bridge between players atm, and nobody has any excuse to not support this, because everyone TR's me.
Very mature attitude, and I think this game needs just that.

Waiting for your case, and skitters replacement before stretching my thoughts further.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by rb »

just keep making your thoughts please, it's gonna take me a while to get this all together
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

wavemode / dunkerdoodles / ?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by rb »

ugh i'm procrastinating because i know this will be a huge task but i know it has to be done today and by me because of how this game has gone

scum if you exist i will actually end you no matter who you are
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Post by rb »

In post 1893, PenguinPower wrote:
Vote Count 2.03

wavemode
(3): rb, MarioManiac4, Eddie Cane
Dunkerdoodles
(2): Thor665, NotTheRealPaul
Thor665
(1): frog
MarioManiac4
(1): wavemode
skitter30
(1): Dunkerdoodles

Not Voting
(3): UnaBombaH, skitter30, Flavor Leaf

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-08-16 16:00:00)

Mod Notes:
first 5 will be the 5 people currently being voted

wavemode, dunker, thor, mario, skitter in that order

i'm resetting every single player to null in my mind (as best as humanly possible, i want to be unbiased) and will post thoughts from each ISO/key interactions.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by rb »

holy fuck i'm still on wavemode and this is LONG AS FUCK
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:09 pm

Post by rb »

SUBJECT 1: WAVEMODE

wavemode's entrance is fairly ballsy (initially I townread that), but also a bit caustic and not really in sync with the tone of the rest of the game. I actually dislike it on re-read compared to what I first thought, because it actually looks really, really awkward like scum is trying to engage in banter/jabs but not quite hitting the mark. Posts that I don't like:

and the follow-up in and

It bothers me that it took him hours to follow-up his reasons for a naked vote, when the game was basically in RVS. The game was kind of slow-paced here but I expect a town player would try and then inject some of their very-early thoughts into the game and keep it moving along. Instead the naked vote just looks like, "weak player detected, let's jump on it". makes me think this is the case also.

is a really big red flag. Why would having similar reads in the early game make two players town together, let alone when you're scumreading Ausuka so strongly? Wouldn't it be more likely to think Ausuka and myself were _scum_ together since he scumreads Ausuka? But he doesn't even remotely go with this possibility and takes no notice of me (notice that at this point, I've had wavemode on townread also, and he doesn't ever think to question it but simply goes along with it).

is just bad. Picking a scumteam ~200 posts into the game? It just says that if wavemode is town, he's pushing way too far into potential associative tells. At no point prior to this can I find where he's expressed that he thinks Sunlit + Thor are scum by the way. What I'm taking note of here though, is how wavemode seems to be almost trying to copy my tone tit-for-tat. I make bold statements and push a scumteam theory, and he immediately does it right after - given that I gave him a townread upon his entrance, it looks like he's actually imitating me (consciously or unconsciously) and picking up on my tone/attitude in some way. Not sure what this means really, but an interesting thought nonetheless.

I kind of wonder what wavemode was seeing that was so useful at this point - I'd like him to expand on that.

is an interesting focus on scum perspective here. It strikes me as really odd that his thoughts automatically drift to the scumchat and how the game is shaping up from the perspective of the scum. This is in conjunction with his post where he also brings it up. I honestly can't recall where I've seen town act like this at such an early point in the game, it's just weird as fuck and I think it's scummy.

and don't logically track with me either, and Thor's questioning is warranted. The fact that wavemode is opportunistic on one wagon and not another is interesting, especially when his reasons for townreading Flavor Leaf are pretty average at best, and he's also contested how people could townread Ausuka. It might be reading too far into things too, but I find it pretty bad that SD did end up flipping town after this - but that still begs the question of why SD was killed, we'll have to get to that.

and kinda leave a bad taste in my mouth, because it's like he's being serious that activity is NAI but then 403 is almost mockery of that idea? It almost reads as a defence of PerfectFifth/ThinkBig, and one that strikes me as odd. Does he not agree that it's bad for someone to be that inactive? Why? It's like wavemode here is actually trying to imply it's a good thing? I didn't actually make any judgement beyond "this is bad" but he seems oddly touchy over it.

is pretty good, I don't see all that much issue with it. Giving credit where it's due.

is aggressive and feels town. Could be that wavemode just has awkward RVS game. One problem though - he plays like newbscum but when Ausuka becomes MarioManiac (not a newb) he doesn't seem to re-evaluate at all. Not necessarily scummy, but definitely an issue in continuity. is also good.

VOTE: 631 is 50/50, i don't really expect anyone to agree with it because people have trouble believing non-intuitive things even if they're objectively correct feels downhill. i still don't really understand wavemode's point about shrinking my pool to two people and the way he doubles down on it later on in just feels even worse in . it doesn't logically track that he would agree with a Thor push, as well as have him in his scum-pool but then suddenly latch onto this and think it's not a good push (didn't he just have him in top3 scumreads?). I can't really explain it either since it really, really looks like wavemode's exact lynchpool in is...2 people? SD + Ausuka? Someone correct me if I've read this wrong but that's really what it looks like here, so it feels even WORSE on re-read.

pings me pretty badly - like he's so elated by the way Mulch is pushing on MM4. It actually feels to me like it comes from a scum perspective delighted that a town player is doing their work for them.
is like the decline of wavemode personified.
it seems like he pretty much just townreads whoever has reads that agree with his - and at no point prior to this does he even interact with Ciara _AT ALL_ - but suddenly he is "pretty sure Ciara was town" when Mulch starts pushing on a read he agrees with. Feels awfully like confbias or just outright scum.

again just seems so bad. It reads to me as pretty obstructionist and unnecessarily defensive over a slot that he's out of nowhere decided is town (for reasons that can't be found, and no interactions between wavemode+Ciara exist that I can see that would indicate wave townreads them strongly)

is just ridiculous. fake dayvig is like the biggest running gag ever on this forum. I find it almost hard to believe someone could last 2 months here and not see it happen once. Still, maybe he's literally never seen it - but he seems to know what a 'desperado' is and also *grabs popcorn* immediately? If he has no idea or thinks it might be real - then wouldn't he like, comment on it? Whenever I see a fake dayvig and there's someone who falls for it in some way, there's SHITLOADS of confusion, but wavemode simply presents detached amusement, and yet is surprised that MM4 doesn't take it seriously and thinks it's scummy that he
didn't claim
. I actually find this post to be almost fucking impossible to believe as coming from town!wavemode.

again feels like either Thor is a buddy OR he's pocketing Thor. Early game I'm not someone anyone ever fucks with, and Eddie presented with the same swagger right out of the gate. So it makes his early-game Thor scumread feel very appeasing, but when he sees a chink in the armour he suddenly distances from that read and takes potshots at Eddie's credibility. Again - doesn't wavemode themselves have a read on Thor? Or is his entire reading of people just based on
what other people say?
because it really seems like the bolded, based on how many times wavemode will say, "that case isn't right so i disagree with your read" - it's like he has no agenda beyond pushing his own reads and whether or not he agrees with a read is pretty much just based on whether or not the read matches
his own
agenda, without really trying to read the slot in question himself and seeing if he agrees - as most town players will do.

[/post]1734 is literally awful and reads like a literal fucking scumclaim, even on re-read[/post]

~FIN~

Discuss.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”