she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:14 am

Post by Keychain »

That was
Vic Sage kills: EternalLurker

It's kind of implied, because you're the one that said it, but just to be extra clear :]
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:02 am

Post by fferyllt »

Acknowledged!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Mafia thread reopened. I'll leave it open in case you want to blog during the days, Vic.

Keychain, you'll continue to have access, but please don't post!

Idic
Vic Sage
Vic Sage
Goon
Vic Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Vic Sage »

Thanks. Sorry about the lynch, key. I was really hoping you'd manage to pull through there but I needed to keep voting you to keep the "I think the game is solved" feel alive.

Plan for rest of game, lynch El while calling Prism scum.

Lynch Prism in MYLO for the win.

No Kill
Vic Sage
Vic Sage
Goon
Vic Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Vic Sage »

Seriously, though, I don't think you played poorly. Prism has done absolutely fantastic at townhunting this game, and that's a tough barrier to climb over for scum. The biggest thing we've got going for us is town apathy, which was my goal with all of the shitposting and walling.

Elbirn replacing out provides both a major problem and an opportunity. He's basically the only one who suspects me at this point, but if someone charismatic who also suspects me, or god forbid, someone who actually looks into who I am, replaces him, I might be pretty screwed.

The no kill leaves me open to try a Doc claim should I need it in the late game. I'll try to spend the time to go over my thoughts in here, as well as get a jump on my postgame analysis, but I make no promises. I can get pretty lazy.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by fferyllt »

No Kill acknowledged

Idic
Vic Sage
Vic Sage
Goon
Vic Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Post by Vic Sage »

Alright, this is working just about exactly as planned. IF El can pull off the self hammer here I think I have this in the bag.

Player Analysis:

Keychain
: First of all, you did a great job this game. Your decision to shoot Lurker is probably the single best move scum made all game. Now, as far as in thread interactions go, I think you could benefit from the wisdom shared to me in my first scum game on site. Not only that, but you were a little stiff and that hurt your chances significantly. When you're playing as scum, you should have the biggest brass balls of anyone in the game. You have no worries about getting shot, so you can run out front and center and be the biggest voice town has. You are right, dammit, and people who find you scummy for whatever reason are obviously stupid or scum or both. You are above reproach. Someone pushing you is laughable. Someone lynching you is unthinkable. It's not only outside of the realm of possibilities, it's laughable.

As far as scumhunting, here goes:

While it's day, you're not scum. You don't know who scum is. You don't have a partner. If you see something scummy, pick at it, even if the person is your partner at night. Power roles don't exist. Every game is multiball, so don't worry about finding people's partners. Most importantly, though, scumhunt using all of the same tools you do as town. If you're a meta player, meta the shit out of everyone. Logical analysis? Throw up walls. VCA or NKA? You'd better be the first to do that right out of the gate. And if your partner does something scummy, call them on that shit. Odds are, if you don't catch it, someone else will. You might as well grab the towncred for yourself. You want to catch the scum, possibly even more than town does.

If you can perfect this compartmentalization of your townself into your scumgame, to the point where you forget you're scum while posting in the main thread, you should have no problems at all appearing town to most people. But honestly, if you want a quick, dirty townread or to dismantle a wagon on you? Get mad. Yell, break things, say everyone in the thread has their head so far under the sand their feet can't feel air anymore. The madder you are, the more genuine people will see your reaction. And sadly enough, ATE is enough to derail a wagon more often than it has any right to be.

BB
: I love you, man. I truly admire you as a player, and you have a better grasp on game balance than most. To the people who know you, you're pretty decently readable. With that said, you need to work on getting your reads out. It was way too easy this game to ignore your reads. And they weren't half bad. You gave up a little too easy, in my opinion, but the selfhammer was better than letting a no lynch happen and being a big distraction for the rest of the game.

Lurker
: Please, please, please... Never pull a gambit like the one you did here again. Not only was it incredibly high risk, the reward it offered was... Not worth it. You weren't really a likely lynch from the activity in the thread, and if you hadn't drawn attention to yourself with the claim you probably could have slid under the radar. On the other hand, you were an incredibly powerful force for town. You kept the thread active, you pushed your reads, you got the game moving. Maybe a little to prone to tunneling, but that's something that an awareness of the tendency will solve. Just spend a bit more time considering the people you aren't pushing at the moment, and you can definitely do a lot of good work for town.
Vic Sage
Vic Sage
Goon
Vic Sage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Post by Vic Sage »

Kill Whemestar

Prism is the other option here. Possibly the correct option, tbh. But the idea that I would come into the thread and tunnel him is something I don't want to give up on. Should be a pretty easy day, but I'm afraid that doesn't mean I won't lose. We'll see which way the cookie crumbles soon enough. Wish me luck, Key, and hopefully your sacrifice will not have been in vain. And try to make an interesting dead thread for the post. ;)

I promise myself to get around to the other bits of the analysis in the near future.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:15 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Kill Whemestar acknowledged

Idic

Return to “Completed Game Topics”