LSG Modding Philosophy Survey

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 8, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:I'd like to say I focus primarily on challenge design and fairness, and I think my humor is just a byproduct of me trying to keep people from being bored most of the time! I wouldn't say the humor is a "selling point" of my games though, since I try to keep the gameplay far removed from the jokes. Cutthroat and Ned's in particular I feel like we put a lot of effort into the challenges and I'm proud of what we accomplished there, whereas the "humor" is always just our way of not making all the challenge posts and mod posts boring to read
flashback to that baby stabbing challenge where the entire challenge post was written in dumb flavor
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 22, D3f3nd3r wrote:Yeah but it's almost like some games just try to let the former do the talking and some feel like they need to supplement that. It's not like the Spookz or RSX or 2016 boards looked bad.
I don't know that I would call #2016 a humorous game?
I mean kinda, there were a couple of jokes. But for the most part it was loyal to its mechanics.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”