Normal 1934: Civilization Mafia Mafia (Endgame)

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:45 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 10061, Alisae wrote:Nero we're killing scum nancy today.
All this shade they've been throwing at me feels forced and feels like they had too throw shade at me.
A lot of what made scum win Civilization Mafia was the tendency for town to OMGUS other townies. Mathblade scumread everyone who refused to townread her, Alisae/nancy fought, Leon and several townies fought even though Leonshade had come closer than anyone else did to solving the game.

Civilization Mafia Mafia:

Votecount 1.14:

Tchill13 (4): Dark Horse, humaneatingmonkey, Korts, Sunlight Diamond
Robbnva (2): Assemblerotws, Eddie Cane
Aristophanes (2): Ginngie, nancy
massive (1): Aristophanes
Kaboose (1): massive
Eddie Cane (1): Robbnva
Ginngie (1): Tchill13
humaneatingmonkey (0):
nancy (0):
Korts (0):
Sunlight Diamond (0):
Dark Horse (0):
Assemblerotws (0):

Not Voting: Kaboose

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.

The day has begun and will end in (expired on 2017-08-13 23:00:00).

Spoiler: Remaining Posts:
Korts: 75
Ginngie: 80
Aristophanes: 84
humaneatingmonkey: 79
Eddie Cane: 51
Sunlight Diamond: 82
Robbnva: 50
Kaboose: 83
massive: 84
Dark Horse: 84
Assemblerotws: 93
nancy: 93
Tchill13: 56
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:57 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Robbvna you said you read all my games and I was only mislynched once. From my recollection that's correct. Korts you're wasting your time and if you're town here you're just making it easier for scum to move along day one. I'm pretty confident scum is in Aristophanes or Ginngie. The case on wifom for monkey is the fact he asked someone about their town read on him. "Why would scum do that? Scum wouldn't do that that would draw too much attention to themselves" that's the wifom I was talking about. I'd probably be most confident in a Aristophanes lynch though.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:59 am

Post by Tchill13 »

VOTE: Aristophanes

I'm usually pretty scummy on day 1 and I don't remember really scum hunting very well on the first day either. My game gets better as the game progresses in day phases when there's more information such as flips and vote counts on the flips.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:02 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Actually korts I like your case. I'm not gonna say you're wasting your time because that's very well thought out and put together. I will say your efforts are better used elsewhere.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:04 am

Post by Ginngie »

Stop being bad
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:11 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 329, Ginngie wrote:Stop being bad
Why? You get to see who reads into every slot versus the people that only push the easy scum read day 1 just to get by. I've got a lot of scummy tendencies because I really don't care how I'm viewed if I'm town I care about scum hunting and lynching scum. It's funny because the real problem with my scum game is I DO care how I'm seen, obviously, and that's such a change of pace for me it usually gets me lynched pretty quickly because I'm not playing comfortably.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:13 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 330, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 329, Ginngie wrote:Stop being bad
Why? You get to see who reads into every slot versus the people that only push the easy scum read day 1 just to get by. I've got a lot of scummy tendencies because I really don't care how I'm viewed if I'm town I care about scum hunting and lynching scum. It's funny because the real problem with my scum game is I DO care how I'm seen, obviously, and that's such a change of pace for me it usually gets me lynched pretty quickly because I'm not playing comfortably.
You are actually uncomfortable and care a lot about what you do and what people think of you tho

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:16 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I dont have the energy for this game and I'm really sorry! Instead of stringing everyone along for 2 day phases like I normally do, Imma
Replace Out
now. I apologize!

I also am sorty to my replacement that I didnt even grt to the 20 post minimum and that it will be rounded to that. But I think you'll get them carried to tomorrow anyway so NBD!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:22 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Ginngie what's wrong with any of my pushes here?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 333, Tchill13 wrote:Ginngie what's wrong with any of my pushes here?
You're pushing a day 3 innocent child *shrug*

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Korts »

In post 328, Tchill13 wrote:Actually korts I like your case. I'm not gonna say you're wasting your time because that's very well thought out and put together. I will say your efforts are better used elsewhere.
This warms my heart, thank you. But flattery will get you nowhere. I will not be misdirected.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Korts »

Ginggie, why are you not voting Tchill?
scumchat never die
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 335, Korts wrote:
In post 328, Tchill13 wrote:Actually korts I like your case. I'm not gonna say you're wasting your time because that's very well thought out and put together. I will say your efforts are better used elsewhere.
This warms my heart, thank you. But flattery will get you nowhere. I will not be misdirected.
Lol it's not flattery when you're chasing the wrong person up a tree. It'd look much better if it was on Aristophanes or Ginngie.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Grendel replaces Kaboose!

Now seeking replacement for Aristophanes.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 326, Tchill13 wrote:Robbvna you said you read all my games and I was only mislynched once. From my recollection that's correct.
so what do you make of Eddie basically saying the exact opposite?

He clearly made it seem that you are mislynchbait.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Seems like an attempt to get town cred seeing how he can't back up his statement.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

In post 312, nancy wrote:
In post 265, Dark Horse wrote:On ari's meta: I played with town!him in perfect blue and he similarily didn't care about the game at all.
Don't think he's at all similar here to his play there? He feels town in just his first few posts there and I don't feel anything at all from him here; do you have anything actually substantive to say about my read or are you just content shrugging it off because he didn't care in some other game you remember? I haven't even argued that he's scum here because of lack of caring; I think if you actually took the time to address my post you would probably realize that.
What? In perfect blue he was doing the same active lurking with fluffposts that he's doing here. Like I legit don't see how his posts in perfect blue feel more "real and natural" than his posts here. Reading 203 as scummy is a stretch. The rest of your post talks about scum!ari which I can't comment on because I have yet to play a game with him where he flipped scum.

Assembler what do you think of tchill?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

a) i misspoke when I said he gets mislynched a lot. i have only played with him once and I defended him, correctly might I add. i have also skimmed a couple games. he has a very mislynchable personality though and I view him as a mislynchable player. if he thinks otherwise he's ignorant.

b) I'll be not posting for the next day or something intentionally due to post count. if there's something you want urgently answered by me say that in your post but otherwise it's better. i forgot about the restriction, my bad. can't play trolly like usual

c) 312 is eh. Nancy in general is eh. I'm curios how they'll attempt to read my slot, I'm looking for specific things.

d) as for 310: tchill was not a productive player when we've played. he got scumread early and I defended him along with others. he has a newbie tone and I will play the beginner card because I can read beginners and he absolutely is one. beginners have very different tells than experienced players. i can say with absolute certainty that without the bias of knowing im town my slot would look scummy to me on the first page and by the end it would be obvious they're a beginner town out of water, behaviour nai at absolute best. i also think at least one scum defended my predecessor because it's easy as shit to pocket a player like that. i already explained why t chill and robb are never partners, that's not a partner interaction and if you think it is idk what to say to you. t chill could be scum and I can see it but robbs death tunnel doesn't come from town and regardless if he's declaring intent to never unvote me one of us needs to die and I have no choice but to vote him. if he's town that's one less vote town has. if he's scum which he probably is he has an excuse to not involve himself elsewhere which he really hasn't.

e) can you all stop having temper tantrums lmao 50 posts is more than enough don't be babies

f) 326 and t chill in general... aren't making sense. in your opinion you're not mislynch bait and I therefore lies about you, and you think I'm voting a clear mislynch (robb)... but you are certain scum is in aristo and gingie??? where does that relationship come from and why is aristo scum when he's posted like 5 times with 0 content? more importantly, cause he is less active as scum, why is either he or gingie scum? that doesn't make sense at all to me. 197 doesn't tell me that answer never mind convince me aristo is scum.

g) excited for grendel. he should bring me some sanity I hope.

h) robb suck a toad ;)

i) town lean on assemble. naked. nothing to see here oo
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

After my brief hiatus and a reread, TChill's free and clear in my eyes, pending how Robb flips. Bad play does not necessarily equal scum, and it seems to me that TChill is getting targeted far more for the former than the latter.

Korts' case is so thorough that I find myself suspicious of it for that reason alone. Since I am slightly drunk and not in the mood for a WIFOM brain tease, I'm instead going to look at Robb and
Percy
Eddie. I think at least one is scum. While I could easily see Robb and Eddie as partners, I cannot see Robb and Percy as partners unless Robb was ignoring daychat which (to be fair) he could totally have done. Additionally I could see Eddie as scum, but his actions haven't overshadowed my townread on Percy just yet.

VOTE: Robb

Let's see how this goes.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

Oh I missed the part where they were voting for each other. *lol* More points for them not being partners. Doesn't change my vote.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by nancy »

@Gin I think it's pretty reasonable to think that is implying that scumreading Korts would be "dumb"; don't think that it's strange to assume that you have read the thread before making the post or that you were responding to Tchill in particular - I didn't think you were but your post comes right after Tchill's so I can see how he might've thought that. Don't think it's completely unreasonable for Tchill to vote you if he wants you to talk more; his vote isn't a particularly good one but I'm not sure it makes him scum. What low-hanging fruit has he been going after? Why are you scumreading him aside from ?

@Tchill I'm not sure why you don't engage with Gin on her response to your vote if your intent is to get her to talk more; haven't seen you talk about most of your reads which is what you need to be doing if you're town here - in particular I'd like to hear about your townreads because I've not really felt anything solid from you in that department so far. You seem to be townreading Robbnva for coming across as genuine; is there anything else about him that makes you think he could be town here? What changed between and to make you feel confident in a Ginngie scumread? I think your reasoning for scumreading Ari is pretty fair; not sure that the reasoning you've expressed is strong enough to warrant the kind of scumread you've displayed given Ari's meta; if you could walk me through your Ari read that would be pretty helpful.

You haven't commented on Monkey a great deal; he's produced enough content that I think you should be able to get a read on him a little more developed than what you've stated - don't think that scumreading him for questioning Gin's townread is particularly good reasoning and I'd hope that your read would have a little more than that; in 1920 your reads were pretty on-point but you didn't explain them a lot - we talked in the dead thread about approaching the game in a certain way and being an open book; I was looking forward to seeing how you might apply that but I'm not sure I've felt anything significantly different so far and you seem to have abanonded the idea altogether if is any indication - where has your head been at as far as that's concerned? Agree with massive that you should be scumhunting on your wagon not expecting other people to do so for you; feeling a little uneasy that you suggested that in the way that you did.

@Assemblerotws what scummy habits are you referring to in ? Not sure I understand your take here; you're saying that you noticed people behaving in a way that was scummy according to what other people in the thread had pointed out? That doesn't strike me as a particularly good way to go about sorting the board; could you clarify this point for me please? I think that your reasoning for scumreading Robbnva is pretty understandable; I'm not sure why Robbnva feels that this is null behavior even if it might be a little bit of a stretch; how strong is your scumread there right now?

@Robbnva I don't think Assembler is scumreading you for having a different definition of RVS; I could understand where you were coming from with your push on Persephone for the most part even if I didn't really agree with it; don't think that it's unreasonable to see that as you pushing for a lynch off pretty much nothing when your read on Persephone at that point seemed to be based on a misunderstanding of her content. Maybe you don't think that's the case but even if Persephone was justifying herself after the fact and behaving a little awkward overall I'm not sure why that means she should just be lynched; I agree that RVS reads are legitimate and Persephone was legitimately scummy but I don't think that your approach there has been particularly reasonable overall; I don't think that her OMGUS was scummy in any special way; I disagree that she hadn't been attempting to scumhunt or sort people - I think she was pretty clearly doing so? I'm a little worried you haven't really reevaluated on the replacement and I don't strongly get the sense that you really intended to in any meaningful way - felt pretty genuine but you seem to have abanonded that take pretty summarily. Tchill isn't OMGUSing you - how does that affect your read there? Why are you scumreading massive?

@massive could you articulate your Tchill townread a little more clearly? is pretty vague and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get anything out of that. Going by you seem to be scumreading him or at least unwilling to townread him because you believe that he could be playing the way he's playing as scum; don't think this is good reasoning at all for maintaining a scumread even if it's pretty understandable to want to nullread him for it; by he's clearly a townread - walk me through your progression there? I agree that he feels a lot like he did in 1920; not sure whether that means he's town here but I haven't seen his scumgame either - what do you think of his early interactions with the Persephone wagon? I feel like he would be talking about his reads more if he was town here; he seemed to have a pretty good grasp of his reads in 1920 and I'm not really feeling like that's the case here - he's talked about his reads a little but I feel like in all of his posts there he was solving and pushing the gamestate and he feels way more on the back foot here; even when he has been pushing scumreads I haven't strongly felt like he's arrived there naturally so much as come up with a read that seems justified.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:48 pm

Post by Ginngie »

holy

Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:07 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 345, nancy wrote:@Robbnva I don't think Assembler is scumreading you for having a different definition of RVS; I could understand where you were coming from with your push on Persephone for the most part even if I didn't really agree with it; don't think that it's unreasonable to see that as you pushing for a lynch off pretty much nothing when your read on Persephone at that point seemed to be based on a misunderstanding of her content. Maybe you don't think that's the case but even if Persephone was justifying herself after the fact and behaving a little awkward overall I'm not sure why that means she should just be lynched; I agree that RVS reads are legitimate and Persephone was legitimately scummy but I don't think that your approach there has been particularly reasonable overall; I don't think that her OMGUS was scummy in any special way; I disagree that she hadn't been attempting to scumhunt or sort people - I think she was pretty clearly doing so? I'm a little worried you haven't really reevaluated on the replacement and I don't strongly get the sense that you really intended to in any meaningful way - 220 felt pretty genuine but you seem to have abanonded that take pretty summarily. Tchill isn't OMGUSing you - how does that affect your read there? Why are you scumreading massive?
Assembler definitely included my definition of rvs in his reasons for scum reading me.

I disagree with you regarding the whole PS thing, and tbh I don't really care what you consider reasonable. People tell me all the time I am not a reasonable person, but I can't really help what i find scummy and I found PS's play scummy and Eddie has continued to play scummy so I am fairly certain it is a scum flip coming. If i'm wrong, at least we cut some dead weight.

I don't think I ever said tchill was omgusing me.

post 120 is a good explanation on why I think massive is scum. Additionally, I don't really see town motivations in any of his posts.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:59 am

Post by massive »

In post 345, nancy wrote: @massive could you articulate your Tchill townread a little more clearly?
No, and that's the problem with it. His gameplay is like a sine wave -- the further you go, the more often you fluctuate between "oh come on I can't just give him a pass on that scummy play" and "yeah but that's just Tchill, he can't help himself." I truly believe that he has no idea what townies SHOULD look like. Like, he hasn't seen an example of pure town gameplay, and on this site in its current meta, that shouldn't be hard to believe. But that just ends up playing into the sine wave, and I've never seen his scum game to compare.

Robbnva: Some day you're going to have to vote me for more than a weekend or this shade you throw at me just isn't gonna stick.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 am

Post by massive »

In post 120, Robbnva wrote:
In post 90, massive wrote:I was reminded that Robb's original reason for voting Persephone was pretty bad
That wasn't why you voted me.... Why did you change now? btw, my reason for my vote wasn't bad at all actually.

I do find it highly suspicious that you are criticizing my reasons, when all of your votes this game have actually been for terrible reasons. I do not see this kind of play coming from town. I hate pre-flip associations, but i am feeling confident that you and PS are probably scum together.
It was absolute rubbish and more than one person has told you it was. But you have a consistency problem here; either both of us are scummy for voting for rubbish reasons, or neither of us are. You can't have your "this is AI for only one of us" and eat it too.
In post 120, Robbnva wrote: your "I am all for an early wagon" was clearly garbage since you removed your vote 6 posts later and your follow up vote was a chainsaw vote. Now you vote somebody else because they are questioning you.
Of course it was garbage. You do garbage things in RVS to get the game moving. Calling the vote on you "chainsaw" is a poor attempt to downplay any validity (since chainsaw is based on intent to defend Persephone and I don't think you could really paint that picture in detail) and you misrepresent the third, which wasn't because Kaboose was asking me questions but because he wasn't following up on them or being influenced by answers to those questions that were already in the thread when he asked them. He was asking questions just to appear to be asking questions and trying to legitimize his vote. You'll maybe notice he never came back to them, even after this was pointed out to him.
In post 120, Robbnva wrote: Also to answer your question about condescending being alignment indicative, YOU were the one who implied it was AI when you gave that for your reason for voting me, you know, before you backpedaled and changed your reasons later.
I will always happily vote for someone being a jackass or just plain unnecessarily mean. I don't want to play with those people. There needs to be consequences for them treating people like shit. I may be the only person on site who feels that way. And you know perfectly well that there are reasons to vote for people other than them being scum, but you continue to play this like "massive blatantly said being condescending was scummy." AND your initial case for Persephone was trash. So stop acting like you had some pristine gameplay that didn't precipitate that vote.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”