~ Prism
Imperium (1)
~ Spiffeh

Not Voting (1)
~ Imperium

13 alive ~ 7 for majority.
Deadline Meter:
83%
Last edited by nancy on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Ginngie »

town-camn, IMperium, mastina, Caryatid, Prism, Heartless

scum-Polar Vortex, KMD, Ahsoka Tano, Maxwell, Spiffeh

Hey, so there's like, 2 of you there that isn't scum, so if you could do ya girl a solid and just obv!town a bit so I can cross off the last two people that'd be great.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 301, Ginngie wrote:town-camn, IMperium, mastina, Caryatid, Prism, Heartless

Hey, so there's like, 2 of you there that isn't scum, so if you could do ya girl a solid and just obv!town a bit so I can cross off the last two people that'd be great.
How can I help, love?
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by Ginngie »

tell me who ya think is town in my scum list

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 303, Ginngie wrote:tell me who ya think is town in my scum list
Myself and Polar Vortex. Spiffeh I am not conviced is town, KMD is who? and Maxwell is more on the null for me but I need to reread him. In fact, I should read all three again.

Polar Vortex feels town though.
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Ginngie »

forgot to add VMB or whatever onto scumz list, they're a thing too.

NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 301, Ginngie wrote:town-camn, IMperium, mastina, Caryatid, Prism, Heartless
Hey Ginngie thanks for this!

So you see.

I was going to make a post. And say that "I don't have anything directly related to recent events to make me say this, but", but. Now that you've given me that. I actually AM going to say something which is directly related to recent events! Which is more convenient.

But basically.

I honestly think that we may be dealing with a Heartless-Spiffeh scumteam, wildcards KMD/Caryatid for the third slot...and a very, very strong lean towards said third being KMD.

You're clearing Heartless but I really don't think you should be. Heartless's posts are just coming across as empty. Their posting pattern is even what I'd expect from them as scum: Antihero coming into the game, yet having TTH take the charge since Anti sucks as scum (more or less anyway) and TTH prefers being scum. In this game, Antihero's in the back seat. Even when he was posting, his posting was timid, his posting was a bit reserved, his posting was relying on a crutch in the form of TTH. And now TTH comes forward and is pushing things which just don't seem town to me at all.

In every game I've had with Heartless, I've been able to lock them down as being town. (Or close enough, anyway.) But here there's just. There's nothing which is town. Heartless is always town when town yet here. Here I'm not seeing the town. And then there's the whole defense of Spiffeh.

And Spiffeh just.
Spiffeh just is scum.
You know those scumreads you get which you don't have the words for and yet are immensely strong?
It's one of those.

Spiffeh is just scum.
On every level.

And I legit.
Genuinely.
Think.

The scum are in a panic about Spiffeh being run up so early.
And them being powerless to stop it.

I'm absolutely terrified that the wagon will go away.
That someone will stupidly unvote for some frivolous reason. "Oh don't want Spiffeh to self-hammer". "It's too early to end the day". "Wait, hold on a sec, I think Spiffeh's town". "That claim seems town enough". "That claim buys him a day at minimum". Or any number of similar stock phrases. You get the idea there, right? I'm terrified someone will let the wagon we have fall apart. That it won't go through, that people will back down from it...

...When we
have
scum, dead to their rights, right in front of us in the here and now.
We also have a townbloc formed. Maybe not as strong of one as in, say, camn's revenge, but a strong start nonetheless. (For starters, camn/you/Imperium/us, just off the top of my head. There's probably more we can mostly or even universally agree upon but four isn't too shabby a start!) And that is something that scum can't break if we don't let them.

So let's not have a BTD6 mislynch this game.

Because Spiffeh is Secret Agent Jin/Katsuki. We might not have perfect agreement on the scumreads from there. If I survive the night then I can probably elaborate on my stances more elsewhere as necessary. But you have to fucking PROMISE me to not let Spiffeh escape our sights right here and now. No excuse, nothing, never unvote him, because we HAVE him.
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 305, Ginngie wrote:forgot to add VMB or whatever onto scumz list, they're a thing too.
Oh yay, another slot to reread already.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 306, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:TTH prefers being scum.
Excuse me, ma'am, but what's your source for this information?
That is hilariously wrong.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

Also for the record.
On the one hand.
I
kinda sorta
vaguely get the scumread on Ahsoka Tano and in fact to some extent saw it myself even without prompting.

But on the other hand.
I just actually really don't get the scumread on Ahsoka Tano at the same time?
Like.
I'm not sure how to explain that.

How I both get the scumread, yet don't understand it.
It's kinda I guess...I see the reason for suspicions, but I just really don't see the merit in them whatsoever? They seem blown widely out of proportion--that there may be stuff to dislike but overall Ahsoka Tano just feels town.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Heartless »

I'm also the one posting right now because Anti's doing other things tonight.
You think me being on for one evening is me "taking charge"?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 310, Heartless wrote:You think me being on for one evening is me "taking charge"?
Not exactly. It's more.

There's a certain aura you and Anti have when you're town.
A dynamic where you just have this magical balance.
And this game the balance isn't there.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by Heartless »

The balance is influenced by how well each of us in individually feeling about the game/mafia and even some RL factors. It's
hardly
constant, it's not always on, and it's hard work to get and stay there.
I think expecting to see the magical balance in the first 36 hours of a game with Anti coming off a black-out period and me not having had any hot games recently is unreasonable.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 296, Heartless wrote:
In post 184, Polar Vortex wrote:
In post 157, Heartless wrote:
In post 156, Polar Vortex wrote:more relevant things
such as.......?
Nothing in particular. My point is that scum likes to control the game by making the discussion all about irrelevant things(for example they tend to focus on things like scumslips or put fire in 1v1s beetween townies)
I think your inability to answer Anti's question points to a fundamental weakness in your argument.
From personal experience, I think very few scum care about "controlling the game" and more about simply posting things that aren't going to get scumread. As such, the average scum tend to gravitate towards safe, conservative positions. My prediction here is that, regardless of what Notice is, scum probably townread Notice if they weighed in at all. I don't think the theory that Prism is rapacious scum after a Notice mislynch really stands up to a realistic assessment of what Prism thought he could achieve.

Now, could you be a dear and remind me why you're voting Spiffeh? I'm following the discussion and it feels you're just trying to keep pace to stay on a semantics treadmill.
Then the scum you played with suck lol. My first priority when I'm scum is controlling the game. It's like chess, you can do lots of small tricks but if you don't control the board you lose.
And the thing about scum being conservative is also bullshit. Bad scum are conservative, good scum isn't
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by Heartless »

That's nice.
Why are you voting Spiffeh?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 314, Heartless wrote:That's nice.
Why are you voting Spiffeh?
Dunno why the other head voted him, but the wagon seems comfy
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by Prism »

Heartless has beat me to the punch and asked a question I wanted to like 3x now. I think they're playing great, I only wish that was more alignment indicative.

I'm not sold on either them nor Spiffeh scum, the latter I would even lean town on right now.

Heartless is a terrible analogue for SAJ, and the rush to "Hey everyone let's remake the camn's revenge townbloc!" with close to 0 vetting is disturbing. (Ginn townread I can understand via meta, everyone else, not even close)
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 316, Prism wrote:the rush to "Hey everyone let's remake the camn's revenge townbloc!" with close to 0 vetting is disturbing.
It's not disturbing when you think about the players we've got.
I considered waiting on posting this but eh might as well post it now.

Imperium is town because this is their towngame, period. I can describe this if I'm forced to I guess, but it's just really really really obvious. I know Tammycho. And I know when they aren't scum and this game they just aren't scum.

Ginngie is town because I'm almost certain this is Ginngie's towngame. There's a life to it, there's the level of troll and yet playfulness and yet content and also drive that I'd expect plus what she's actually contributed is just spot on what Ginngie as town would create. What she's doing is exactly what she first did to get me my first townread on her in camn's revenge, essentially. This isn't something she can fake as scum.

Prism's posting bleeds town at every point. Every engagement, I just keep on seeing Prism as being town.

Ahsoka Tano is honestly one of my stronger townreads. I just really don't get why anyone could think Ahsoka Tano is actually scum when this just isn't scumplay. Not even remotely in any way, shape, or form.

Polar Vortex is a harder townread for me to explain but is indeed a townread. If you asked me to I could justify why they're so high in my readslist but they're just not someone I'd expect to be scum right now.

That narrows down our options quite a lot.

VNB National Plan is more of a null read.
MaxwellPuckett is also more of a null read.

Caryatid is an iffy read. I wasn't too fond of Caryatid's entrance and later content does little to reassure me. That being said, while their content isn't great, it's also not so terrible as to make me hate it. While I don't like it, I also don't distinctly think it's scum, so much as I think it's "possible scum but not most likely scum".

Kmd4390's posting is off-putting. The KMD I know is a player who I easily synergize with. I instantly get what KMD is doing. I instantly get where KMD is coming from. I know what KMD is doing, and I almost always agree with it. I might not have a carbon copy of KMD's reads, but I will have the same basis as KMD for my reads and yet here KMD is just off in a world which is entirely alien to me.

Heartless I've explained my stance on already. Their posting is hollow, artificial. It lacks the strength, it lacks the drive, they should have as town. There's also a lack of whimsy. Antihero in particular is a jokester. Where's the humor? Where's the witty banter? Where's the snide remarks? Where's the snarky dialog? Where's the lightheartedness? They're just so serious. So focused. So direct. So...so unlike everything I know their towngame to be. And their stances are terrible, too. When Heartless is town they have reads I can synergize well with. What they say, what they do, it makes sense. Here, there stances do not.

Spiffeh is just scum. Everything there is scum. E v e r y t h i n g. I could maybe vocalize this read if I put some severe effort into it. But dead serious, it'd be easier to list the things which aren't scum than to list the things which are. There's just nothing town in his approach this game. There's nothing town in his content. His contribution is flat. His entrance is empty. He's doing fuckall of nothing. He's just active lurking essentially. He's not scumhunting. He's not being helpful. He's just. There. Sticking out like a sore thumb. And even this fails to so much as remotely capture the essence of just why he is scum.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by Prism »

Yeah you actually don't need much to recreate camn's revenge townbloc. Knowing you yourself are town and that Ginn likely is is pretty good reason to bring it back up. I haven't disliked any of Imperium's posting thus far either. I have no fucking clue how to read camn though I've been meaning to go back and look at their reaction to the Ginn selfs because there's probably something there.

I agree that the scumreads on Ahsoka so far are honestly ???. Her starting posts were fine, the only crime is not leaping headfirst into the fray, and I don't think that's really a crime.

Heartless is one of the people I'm looking at and just being like "Yeah their posts are great but are they town?" so I can understand feeling that way if you've got a lot of familiarity with them.

Spiffeh on the other hand doesn't make sense to me. The opening was flat but his demanding attention from Nacho feels fine to me and I'd lean town on it. His annoyance here for being voted for basically 0 is definitely justified from a town perspective.

I feel a lot better about the Senpai hydra now.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Prism »

I've got to sleep now but I'll look more into VNB/Camn/Carya tomorrow if I have time. Which I should.
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 271, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Hey all Ill get into this soon, been pretty damn sick
Ahsokas posting hasn't improved but w the consistent weirdness im not sure if i find it AI anymore
What do you mean by consistent weirdness?

Being sick sucks; I'm sick too. Feel better soon!
Show
Carried the weight of erechtheion's marble
Thousands of years while she held her head high
Sisters alone with their burdens unspeaking
Carried the weight of erect

Six caryatids ashamed by their brethren
Standing together but each one alone
Weathered millennia of pity eroding
Six caryatids ashamed
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 126, Caryatid wrote:{Prism} Happy Birthday, Prism!
{Spiffeh}
{Heartless}
{NoticeMeSenpai}
{camn, kmd4390}
{Imperium}
{VNB National Plan}
{MaxwellPuckett, Polar Vortex}
{Ahsoka Tano, Ginngie}
{}
{}

I think. Was thinking about voting Ginngie before I went out for a walk and I'm still feeling it.

VOTE: Ginngie

~ I was thinking about loving Ginngie before I went out to do my laundry and I'm still feeling it. ~
In post 226, Caryatid wrote:
In post 208, Imperium wrote:
In post 126, Caryatid wrote:{Prism}
{Spiffeh}
{Heartless}
{NoticeMeSenpai}
{camn, kmd4390}
{Imperium}
{VNB National Plan}
{Ahsoka Tano, Ginngie}
Why was Spiffeh so high - the only thing he did was the "predict the scum" thing and I don't understand why that looks town at all. Was Heartless so high up for any reason other than "general engagement"? Why did you like KMD's entry?

Mostly on the same page with NMS right now; I didn't like Ahsoka Tano's vote on camn when it came and so right now they're more of a person of interest for me than they are for you.
Spiffeh was so high because I really liked his opening and I think the "predict the scum" thing, while silly, is something I'll want to look back on later in the game once we have some flips because I do think scum would answer that differently than town would. Unfortunately, he's done literally nothing since then, so probably I jumped the gun there. I liked his entrance though.

Heartless was a townlean because I liked Anti's tone. I'm trying not to use meta this game but I liked his entrance more than I didn't.

I like that kmd came out of the gate scumhunting, so I put it in the "null but is doing things" tier.
That tier is just above "null, hasn't posted, but it's the middle of the night in their time zone" tier (you), just above "null, hasn't posted, but it's daytime in their time zone" (Shadowphant).
I originally had fewer tiers but I kept finding I did feel a little bit more strongly about one person than another.
Scum aren't simply going to be that weird with reasoning, and lets be real here, it's honest.
Last edited by nancy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Damnit, I just realized I had two tabs open and never edited the posts together.

Final post:
mastina babe, Cary ain't scum, Cary she cares too much.

~Trust in the obscurity that is a Ginngie townread~

I believe I pointed it out but

Spoiler:
In post 321, Ginngie wrote:
In post 126, Caryatid wrote:{Prism} Happy Birthday, Prism!
{Spiffeh}
{Heartless}
{NoticeMeSenpai}
{camn, kmd4390}
{Imperium}
{VNB National Plan}
{Ahsoka Tano, Ginngie}
{}
{}

I think. Was thinking about voting Ginngie before I went out for a walk and I'm still feeling it.

VOTE: Ginngie

~ I was thinking about loving Ginngie before I went out to do my laundry and I'm still feeling it. ~
In post 226, Caryatid wrote:
In post 208, Imperium wrote:
In post 126, Caryatid wrote:{Prism}
{Spiffeh}
{Heartless}
{NoticeMeSenpai}
{camn, kmd4390}
{Imperium}
{VNB National Plan}
{Ahsoka Tano, Ginngie}
Why was Spiffeh so high - the only thing he did was the "predict the scum" thing and I don't understand why that looks town at all. Was Heartless so high up for any reason other than "general engagement"? Why did you like KMD's entry?

Mostly on the same page with NMS right now; I didn't like Ahsoka Tano's vote on camn when it came and so right now they're more of a person of interest for me than they are for you.
Spiffeh was so high because I really liked his opening and I think the "predict the scum" thing, while silly, is something I'll want to look back on later in the game once we have some flips because I do think scum would answer that differently than town would. Unfortunately, he's done literally nothing since then, so probably I jumped the gun there. I liked his entrance though.

Heartless was a townlean because I liked Anti's tone. I'm trying not to use meta this game but I liked his entrance more than I didn't.

I like that kmd came out of the gate scumhunting, so I put him in the "null but is doing things" tier.
That tier is just above "null, hasn't posted, but it's the middle of the night in their time zone" tier (you), just above "null, hasn't posted, but it's daytime in their time zone" (Shadowphant).
I originally had fewer tiers but I kept finding I did feel a little bit more strongly about one person than another.
Scum aren't simply going to be that weird with reasoning, and lets be real here, it's honest.

Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 276, Prism wrote:Did a nice, quick reread of the game. I missed a lot my first look through.

@Notice:
Why's camn a hard TR for you? The fact you gave it makes me feel better about you to begin with, but sell me on camn herself.

First off I was dead wrong to give Caryatid a drunk TR for #228. They weren't just spur of the moment reads (impression I remember getting, I was drunk sue me) but rather just rounding out explanations for the read list. Covering all of your bases isn't a towntell.

I'm just taking a "Wait and see" approach to Caryatid. Read on me I think is preemptive and strange (Is it implausible for me to make those mastina posts as scum?) The reads on Ginn and camn read pretty well (genuine) though.
In post 188, Imperium wrote:I think that this approach from Gin stands out pretty radically from general approach and play in For Us; Tammy described her general approach there as "tiptoeing around a minefield" due to not really knowing how to approach mastina and me town and, while I'm sure her second attempt will be better than the first, I think that the way she goes weirdly aggressive towards Prism here is too far different from her weird hedge approach onto Lovebirds there for her to be a strong choice for scum here.
As an addendum, this mutual annoyance and talking past each other is deja vu. My interactions with Gin were basically exactly the same in camn's revenge and British Monarchy.

Going to shift to here for now:

VOTE: MaxwellPluckett

Runner up votes would be VNB and Polar (#156 describes more of
what scum is wary of doing
, rather than what they actually do)
People asked me questions so I answered them, both about what I was thinking at the time and how that had changed since then. I don't really know you but you seem to be a newer player (I just looked it up and you do have 11 completed games so you're not
really
a newbie but you're still newish) but I liked your entrance more than I liked other people's entrances.

Why don't you like VNB? Is it mainly for their push on Ahsoka or something else?
Last edited by nancy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Carried the weight of erechtheion's marble
Thousands of years while she held her head high
Sisters alone with their burdens unspeaking
Carried the weight of erect

Six caryatids ashamed by their brethren
Standing together but each one alone
Weathered millennia of pity eroding
Six caryatids ashamed
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 322, Ginngie wrote:mastina babe, Cary ain't scum, Cary she cares too much.
~Trust in the obscurity that is a Ginngie townread~
I can trust this.
Especially since it is something I want to trust!

But in exchange I do want you to trust me in whatever reads of mine you most doubt. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”