2017 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:24 am

Post by Wraith »

Godspeed Dan Rooney
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:45 am

Post by Wraith »

I'm pretty thrilled about getting Watt.

If Ben's broken, crumbling body can hold out another two seasons I think we will finally hit the perfect storm where our offense and defense are both elite at the same time.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by Wraith »

Mixon to the Bengals has to be the least surprising outcome of the year
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Wraith »

Me when Kizer got picked by the fucking Browns:

Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Wraith »

BTW Chad Kelly as Mr. Irrelevant was the funniest thing ever
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:25 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 284, Bella wrote:RIP the Dolphins chances of making the play offs, I guess.
Poor Dolphins. Now their fanbase will be forced to endure the "Is Jay Cutler good?" debate for a whole year.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Wraith »

Bills send Watkins and pick to Rams for Gaines and pick, Darby to Eagles for Matthews and pick.

They tanking
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:24 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 340, Iprobablysuck wrote:I don't follow Buffalo (i don't hate myself), is Ronald Darby any good?
He's been a standout since he was draft IIRC. This makes the Eagles defense somehow
even more scary
but it's also like "who the fuck is Wentz going to throw to?"

I'm not high on Alshon, he's too injury-prone. Everyone else has no hands or are rookies.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:25 am

Post by Wraith »

Also this suspension on Zeke is fucking ridiculous. NFL players seriously need to consider a lockout as soon as possible. IIRC the NFLPA has in fact advised them to save for one.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Wraith »

Maybe it's because I've paid far less attention to football goings-on for the past eight months than I have in the past, but no charges whatsoever have been filed, never seemed close to being filed, and as far as I know the police don't consider the accusations to be particularly credible. Did I simply miss something? Is there something the public doesn't know about that is damning against Elliot?

This entire saga of "will they or won't they" suspend Zeke came out of nowhere because there were barely whispers that these accusations were being taken seriously.

Like, I'm usually the last person to suggest questioning the claims of a victim of domestic violence, but this whole issue seemed to have considerably less basis for such a lengthy suspension compared to several other recent incidents.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 354, Nero Cain wrote:Well the NFL did their own investigation and I guess think he did beat her.
Forgive me for not having much confidence in the NFL's ability to conduct investigations.

And as for the St Patrick's Day incident, that's not kosher at all even if he knew the woman.

But this suspension is presumably for this domestic violence incident.

I should probably just stop caring. Usually my policy with this crap (vice Brady's situation) is to keep my mouth shut and just wait. Then again, it has been IIRC a considerably amount of time since the incident in question and nothing has come of it.

Frankly I'm just sick of the league abusing its power over...oh no...it's coming...its workers.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:24 am

Post by Wraith »

ayyy fuck Burfict
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by Wraith »

Personally I can't believe we signed him for $7mil a year. That's crazy coming from the Steelers.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 379, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Depending on which Haden they get it's either a decent deal or lighting money on fire. I'm inclined to think the latter, but you never know. The Pro Bowler could show up and surprise us.
It's apparently structured in such a way that he can be cut after this year with minimal dead money hit, which is what I figured it would be. So I don't really have a problem either way. It's about time we gambled on getting a great veteran for the secondary.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:45 am

Post by Wraith »

This shit about Zeke is kicking into high gear
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Wraith »

Alex Smith making a case for being the GOAT tonight lol
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Wraith »

We are witnessing the most Browns start to a season ever
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (isolation #17) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:24 am

Post by Wraith »

I came out laughing at them but the Browns played their hearts out today. They aren't a joke this year

The Bengals, though...
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (isolation #18) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 572, PJ. wrote:these no calls man. fuck lambeau
It's like a league tradition that Packers-Seahawks games have shitty officiating

Seahawks OL still hasn't improved and the Rams suddenly seem like a sneaky contender

Luck-less Colts are absolute trash. I don't think Pagano or Lewis will survive this season
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 577, T-Bone wrote:The Colts literally gave up a touchdown in that game. The Rams aren't good, the Colts are just worse.

Really, the people responsible for wasting Luck's years with a shitty team need to be fired. How you can have THAT quarterback on a rookie deal and are completely unable to put a competent team around him is beyond me.
It took them way too long for them to fucking fire that incompetent asshat Grigson. He literally got four or so years of coasting in his job for the no-brainer decision of drafting Luck first overall. Like pretty much every single one of his other draft picks busted like crazy outside of TY Hilton.

And they probably not just wasted Luck's years, they have probably ruined his career to injuries by pressuring him to play through them.

Also I say the Rams are a sneaky contender not because they crushed the Colts, but because by all accounts Jared Goff has improved a great deal. If that's the truth and not just a fluke, they really are a sneaky contender.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 582, TwoInAMillion wrote:Luck was never that great of a quarterback to begin with, he was in a good system with Stanford and in a good system with the Colts. You think Brady never got hit a few times? The difference between Brady and Luck is that Brady learned to throw the ball early and not get hit.
No the difference is that Brady had a competent coach and manager who surrounded him with talent and had good game plans.

Like how this is even an opinion anyone holds after seeing Luck sacrifice his body to single-handedly carry the. Colts for three years is beyond me.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Wraith »

What the fuck happened to the Ravens?
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:28 am

Post by Wraith »

Every fucking year we lose an easily-winnable game for no apparent reason
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (isolation #23) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by Wraith »

Is it still too early to do another round of playoff predictions?
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Wraith »

Kill me fucking now
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:23 pm

Post by Wraith »

I woke up and the Steelers are the first seed in the AFC.

wut
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by Wraith »

I WILL FIGHT EVERY PATRIOT FAN HERE
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (isolation #27) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 1396, Kmd4390 wrote:Yeah that rule needs to change.
You're kidding yourself if this will ever happen
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by Wraith »

So I found out the other day what the chief problem with the Calvin Johnson rule is:

It stems from making a distinction between a catching player who falls to the ground and a catching player who is actively tackled.
If you catch the ball while falling to ground, bobble it the smallest inch mid-catch, then the ball is jarred loose by the ground, it's not a catch.

But if you catch the ball while falling to the ground and the ball is jarred loose by the ground, it's a catch. if you catch the ball, stay on your feet, get tackled, and the ball is jarred loose by the ground, it's a catch. If you catch the ball, stay on your feet, bobble it the smallest inch in the process, get tackled, and then the ball is jarred loose by the ground, it's a catch.

The irony of this is that if Jesse James
had not
made the extra effort to break the plane, and instead had just fallen to the ground before the goal line, it would have been a catch. The lurch made him bobble the ball a millimeter in the process. But it's totally contradictory since the play should be dead the moment he breaks the plane. He clearly reestablished possession after the bobble and after breaking the plane. The ruling just arbitrarily valued the completion of the process of the catch rule over the breaking of the plane. There's no metaphorical "order of operations" per say.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (isolation #29) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:12 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 1459, shaft.ed wrote:
In post 1458, Wraith wrote:There's no metaphorical "order of operations" per say.
In post 1451, shaft.ed wrote:but that is superceded by rule 1 which is
1) Patriots always get bullshit calls in their favor
You misspelled "Seahawks"
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1999 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Wraith »

Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2163 (isolation #31) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Wraith »

Show

Return to “General Discussion”