CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

JDGA rejoins the Blue Team! The final challenge will be posted tomorrow. It will comprise of multiple segments, and you won't know the details of all of them until you begin. Some segments can be completed by individuals, while some require the entire team - the segments can be completed in separate sittings if necessary. Good luck, and prepare yourselves.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Congrats on making the merge guys
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by racefan12 »

We aren't merging though
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:48 pm

Post by JDGA »

THREE TRIBES ENTER
ONE TRIBE LEAVES
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:04 am

{Final Challenge}

Race to the Finish Line

Welcome to the final challenge. At this point no further eliminations will take place. Congratulations on making it to the finale! Your teams are all set and everything hinges on this final challenge. Everyone in the final will now be competing for their share of the $481,800 grand prize in the Challenge Circuit. I hope you feel comfortable with your team, because this is it. The final challenge will be conducted in phases and as a team, you must decide who will be responsible for completing each phase. Having more team members may benefit you, as you will have more players available to complete challenges. However, having more team members may also weigh you down. The team that finishes first will win The Challenge: Cutthroat.

There are three checkpoints involved in the final challenge. Additionally, there is one travel segment to demonstrate how quickly teams can move along the pathway to success. Please note that a checkpoint will require an image editing program and ability to upload a picture. Because all teams may not begin the final challenge at the same time, the overall winning team will be the team with the best overall finishing time.

Each team should discuss their availability with each other to determine the best time to start the final challenge. Ideally you will complete all checkpoints in one sitting unless there are significant availability difficulties. Once your start time has been decided, you may receive further instructions.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

randyknup
randyknup
Watcher
randyknup
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:55 am

Post by randyknup »

Are we gonna finish this? Just wondering cuz it's been like 6 days....

(Insert Obligatory Pablito sucks comment Here)
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by pablito »

In post 730, randyknup wrote:
(Insert Obligatory Pablito sucks comment Here)
Originally the final challenge was to write "Pablito sucks" 100,000 times and uploading that.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:45 am

Post by pablito »

Rabble
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:22 am

Post by pablito »

For the final challenge, there were three sections that teams were required to complete: a travel section, a broken visual puzzle, and a step-by-step puzzle. The final checkpoints were designed to allow for different team formats - individual but whole, entire team, and individual participation. Additionally, the checkpoints were designed to call-back to various special areas of the game - challenges/banners, songs, and players/events. The team that would finish the entire final challenge with the shortest time would win The Challenge: Cutthroat.

First, as mods, we would like to apologize. We admit that there were some difficulties during the final challenge and that we were not at the very top of our game during this final challenge. I also personally apologize on my behalf for designing a final challenge that was longer and more complex than it should have been. I will take this into consideration for designing future final challenges. All complaints about the final challenge design should be directed at me. Nonetheless, all teams were troopers and made their best effort to make their best attempt to complete to their best of their ability despite timezones, personal circumstances and general life that got in the way. I applaud all of your best effort, and there's no better cast that we could have expected because no one gave up in the end. In the final challenge, there was an additional checkpoint which was completed with some players but then later removed completely. This decision was made due to inconsistencies that would have lead to an unfair disadvantage for one team. As mods, we apologize for this misstep and made this decision during the administration to rectify this. This re-calculation did not change the overall results.

Now, back to the players and the final results!

For the first step, players had to endure a flash puzzle challenge to simulate the normal gruel of The Challenge and how to endure physical tasks over a long distance of time. Carrying your teammates is not the easiest, but this is how they performed:

Purple Team

Spoiler:
15 minutes!

Yellow Team

Spoiler:
21 minutes!

Blue Team

Spoiler:
31 minutes!

The next checkpoint was a puzzle that was split into separate parts and teams had to individually figure out which challenges fit into which clues. They needed to work together to complete the entire puzzle as they could not see the entire puzzle in the end.

Purple Team

Spoiler:
3 hours and 30 minutes!

Yellow Team

Spoiler:
47 minutes!

Blue Team

Spoiler:
1 hour and 12 minutes!

The final checkpoint was a step-by-step puzzle which required the team to work together to make a drawing based on all of the steps. The entire team could work on this together. For these final results, teams were stopped if they had come to a point where it was impossible for them to win. As such, in third place was...

Spoiler:
Purple Team
, who was so far behind that they were not even able to start much of the final checkpoint before another team had reached the finish line.

Congratulations to
McMenno and Cheery Dog
for making it to the Final Challenge and representing the meme team.

ImageImage

Coming in second place was...

Spoiler:
Blue Team
, who were still behind the leaders, but ahead of the last place team. A few early errors caused them to follow the wrong path, but they were keeping up with the leaders along the way.

Congratulations to
Flameaxe, JDGA, pickemgenius, and Save the Dragons
in putting such a great performance in the Challenge!

ImageImageImageImage

But in the end, the first ones making it to the finish line and the champions of The Challenge: Cutthroat were...

Spoiler:
Yellow Team!
They completed the last checkpoint in
2 hours and 33 minutes
for a total time of
3 hours and 41 minutes
! Congratulations to them! This includes one player who never went into a Fortress, along with the final two picks of the team (one a complete newbie)!

Congratulations to
racefan12, randyknup, and TheWayItEnds
for taking the crown!

ImageImageImage
Sup, later.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Xalxe »

YES
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:38 am

Post by BROseidon »

gg yellow still suks.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Congrats guys that was a tough finale

Thanks mods for the fun game
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:04 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Woooooooo!
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:06 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by racefan12 »

In post 737, TheWayItEnds wrote:Woooooooo!

Also I have to give a huge shout out and thank you to Randy and TWIE for finishing off the final checkpoint without me after I fell asleep during it (it was midnight my time and I had just flown back in from Vegas that afternoon, but it was even later for them and they still killed it).

And thank you to the mods for making a wonderful game and to all the players who made The Challenge live up to its name as a truly difficult challenge throughout.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by Iprobablysuck »

Damn having to replace out early hurt, this looks like it was a great game.

GJ Yellow Team, GJ Pabs and CC for making a great game that was fun to follow!
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Blue Team nooooooooo
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Huge thanks to everyone for playing and sticking with the game, challenge-focused games like this are by far my favorite games to run, and I'm overjoyed that people seemed to enjoy it as much as I did for the most part. We made some mistakes along the way, and we've gotten a lot of great feedback on what people liked and didn't like, and I hope that when the next Challenge game comes along in several months, we'll have a more well-oiled machine, and ideally challenges that as many people as possible will enjoy! I have to stress that this has been a phenomenal cast, and every single player was great at working with us to accommodate all the varying schedules as best as we could.

The next game in the Challenge series will be The Void, the details of which can be found in the Upcoming Game Ideas thread in this forum. It's a new format where everyone is competing to be the sole winner, and rather than duels for elimination, all members of the losing team during a team mission will enter a free-for-all battle to stay in the game. All members of the winning team in Cutthroat will have spots automatically reserved for them if they want to play, and everyone who applied for Cutthroat will be notified when The Void enters signups (it won't be for a good while).

Finally, everyone who competed in this game has been awarded virtual challenge circuit money that's totally meaningless, but check it out below if you want!

viewtopic.php?p=9512214#p9512214

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Stupid single player team rule taking me away from the winning team.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I do get to feel special about winning the most fortresses as the only person to survive multiple visits.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
randyknup
randyknup
Watcher
randyknup
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by randyknup »

BOOM!!! I am so pumped that we won this!!!!

This was my first MafiaScum competition and I want to thank everyone who was involved, even the people that threw me into the first Fortress. That made me realize that I really wanted to win and showed me what I needed to do to get that done.
Way to go RaceFan and especially TWIE for getting through that final and somehow completing that final picture!
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by JDGA »

Was fun~
Hard to be upset about the final challenge when it was such a massive effort to just
finish
it :P
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Aurathebirb »

I had fun while I was alive. Looks like I need to work on my skills though.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Sorry about my life briefly collapsing at just the perfect wrong time to stay in this thing.

This was an excellent game and with the caveat of fuck that first audio cryptogram I am continually impressed by the creativity you two put into designing these games.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by BROseidon »

These were creative challenges for sure. Are you guys willing to share any assets you used/playbooks on how you made the crazier challenges?

Return to “Social Game Archive”