MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 282, Ginngie wrote:
In post 134, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Prisms town! Totes.
VOTE: Ahsoka Tano

Ginngie pls dont self if youre town even as a joke its just confusing to us good honest folks :P
This is the only post that is noteworthy of anything and it sucks tone wise.
First with the claiming the town read on prism, for me it's the word 'totes" like it was added to go "hey hey it's a town read, see a town read, fuck yeee"

'Such Sorting, Much Town'

Also at the end of his next sentence 'us good honest folks.' That's just a loaded response of hey look I am town, this is a town responding because I am clearly town like the other towns.
lmao this is such a great example of looking into a puddle and finding Atlantis
In post 320, Caryatid wrote:
In post 271, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Hey all Ill get into this soon, been pretty damn sick
Ahsokas posting hasn't improved but w the consistent weirdness im not sure if i find it AI anymore
What do you mean by consistent weirdness?

Being sick sucks; I'm sick too. Feel better soon!
Thanks man! I do feel a lot better today! I hope you get better soon as well.

By consistent weirdness i meant Ahsokas tone being a little off and the general sense of fish-out-of-water from her. But idk I might be over that, I still dont like her posting. Like , and just not getting the sense she cares about anything thats going on
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 447, Spiffeh wrote:Because Tammy being disengaged from the game will ALWAYS be the biggest and most accurate reason to scum read Imperium
Tammy being the dominant head in the hydra is a pretty solid towntell, but it's not like I haven't led for significant amount of time in a town Imperium hydra before; getting worried because she hasn't posted in a 36 hour time period in particular is kind of silly.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:59 am

Post by Ginngie »

>opens mafiascum in new tab
>sees unread posts in nancy's game
>reads spiff's latest postings
>swipes left
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 353, Ginngie wrote:It's also an OMGUS read \o/
I explained why I was scum reading Imperium, you are welcome to give your thoughts on that.

I guess that reason doesn't really hold up now, I can buy that Nacho left me in a sort pile rather than a scum pile.

But the fact that you're discrediting the read as OMGUS without acknowledging my reasons behind it either makes you bad or scum, neither of which are acceptable.

Also, can you go into detail on why you're scum reading me? From what I've read you've opted to take potshots on the sidelines (mostly having to do with my Imperium read) rather than actually engage with me if your problem is that I'm "doing nothing". It feels to me that your "scum read" on me is coming more from a place that wants to appease/buddy mastina instead of solve the game. And since getting in her good graces was literally the only thing you tried to do as scum in Biochemistry that doesn't make me feel very good.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 452, Ginngie wrote:>opens mafiascum in new tab
>sees unread posts in nancy's game
>reads spiff's latest postings
>swipes left
Case in point
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 am

Post by Ginngie »

stop talking about Imperium and talk about literally everyone else

You're playing defense all the time and you're using real life as a reason to scum read, it's weak as shit.

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:06 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 423, Prism wrote:Ignoring obvious underexplained reads, second part is just weird. "Don't self even if you're town," does Maxwell think it's scum? town? NAI? Implied they're confused by it by saying it generally confuses townies but that confusion is not apparent at all. Just a regular "Don't be antitown as town!" and then move along.
I wasnt confused by it it was a joke my dude
dont be antitown as town is exactly what that post says

I actually do think Ginngie is scum now but that happened way after the self which I dont care about
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:07 am

Post by camn »

In post 456, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I actually do think Ginngie is scum now but that happened way after the self which I dont care about
Do tell?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:08 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 456, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I actually do think Ginngie is scum now but that happened way after the self which I dont care about
esplain

MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:10 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 427, camn wrote:Why is it reasonable?
It seems like an arbitrary excuse to lurk, and I would bet $1 he doesn't actually have shiz to say after they 'weigh in', which, especially considering they are both HALVES OF A HYDRA. It may or may not ever happen.. or maybe already has happened... and we don't even get to know.

SO, like, wtf.
Why does spiffeh scum need to lurk instead of do shit, i dont remember him being bad.
Anyway that wagon sucks

Pedit oh hi
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:12 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 329, VNB National Plan wrote:I could see this, it does look like weak posts compared to other (completed) games.
I ONLY make weak posts and i am insulted, what games are you reading
Time 2 talk about ginngie now
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Prism »

In post 427, camn wrote:Why is it reasonable?
It seems like an arbitrary excuse to lurk, and I would bet $1 he doesn't actually have shiz to say after they 'weigh in', which, especially considering they are both HALVES OF A HYDRA. It may or may not ever happen.. or maybe already has happened... and we don't even get to know.

SO, like, wtf.
Getting a handle on one/two good players is a good stepping stone of a starting point. I
do
think it's a bit irrational in the sense that you can always do both, but there are definitely times when I've started a game by waiting to see what one/two players do. Sure, he might be bullshitting, and he may have nothing of value, but that'll answer itself soon.
In post 430, Heartless wrote:
In post 414, Prism wrote:Heartless's kmd read was strange, with TTH explaining Anti's read using quotes...rather than just having Anti check in himself and give the read. Feels like a really forced hydra reaction.
I was on that night and I knew Anti wasn't going to be.
You think I made that up or what?
I don't think you made it up, it came off as an overly forced hydra interaction especially with the timing of people calling for you before. Both of these are plausible as town.
In post 431, Heartless wrote:
In post 414, Prism wrote:The timing behind #136 is also just forced and stranged for a natural scumread.
You think engaging Spiffeh when he outright said he was bored is "forced"?
Alright-y....
Yeah, it's his scumread. Waiting for Spiffeh to be bored is strange. He did explain that he wasn't sure on it and wanted to run it by you first, so I can see the possibility of Anti just being like "Ehhhh I'm not sure I should give this but fuck it let's mix it up".
In post 432, Heartless wrote:
In post 415, Prism wrote:1) Odd Progression on Spiffeh
That's
exactly
the issue Anti cited with Cary but early game reads being in flux is not necessarily scummy, See: House Arryn from King's Landing. I don't think it's as much cause for concern as you or Anti think it is.
I'm not seeing where Anti gave that reasoning; can one of you elaborate?

Reads are constantly in flux and change all the time, sometimes even lategame. It's natural to swap things up a bit. It is however important to press it and get to the root of things.
In post 432, Heartless wrote:I gut townread 327 because my first instinct is that scum doesn't shade throw on mastina in the clumsy way they did. It's not enough for a legitimate push but it's also potentially pissing off one of the loudest mouths in the game
and
he co-opts mastina herself into it by inviting her to participate? If that's from scum, that's a surprisingly (and pointlessly) ballsy move.
I don't think the point was to throw shade on mastina. The point was to get mastina to townread them.
In post 433, Heartless wrote:
In post 420, Prism wrote:Yeah that was a pretty good post from kmd.
Really?
Which part?
Tracing of their thoughts on camn/Ginngie.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 459, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Pedit oh hi

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:17 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 447, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 338, Heartless wrote:haven't rly thought anything of it

why does that matter?
Because Tammy being disengaged from the game will ALWAYS be the biggest and most accurate reason to scum read Imperium

Life advice
one head of hydra not being on in the first 36 hours of a game will never be a reason for anything
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:17 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 455, Ginngie wrote:stop talking about Imperium and talk about literally everyone else

You're playing defense all the time and you're using real life as a reason to scum read, it's weak as shit.
Uh, if I don't have anything to say about someone, I'm not gonna say it. As you should know from Biochemistry, I am perfectly capable of creating empty content and asking filler questions that look good as scum. I have no reason to do that as town.

This is the shit I'm talking about. If you'd like something from me, ask me specifically what you want me to talk about. I've only talked about Imperium because they're the only ones that have really done anything that pinged me (until now).

You can keep sitting pretty on my wagon without doing anything proactive to actually read me, or you can maybe ask me questions that will help you cement your read on me one way or another.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Ginngie »

It's not my job to spoon feed you?

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Spiffeh »

And don't get me wrong, you're not the only one on my wagon that is guilty of this, you just stood out as the one "cheering from the sidelines", which is the position I find scum in more often than not.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Then don't fucking complain when I only talk about the things I choose to talk about?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:19 am

Post by Spiffeh »

And ESPECIALLY don't try to use my "not talking about other things" as a means to scum read me.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:19 am

Post by Prism »

In post 439, VNB National Plan wrote:Prism: Regarding post 421, where else have you seen people faking those kind of tone-tells? Anti and the imperium hydra are generally really good at that kind of read, and it seems a dangerous thing to fake.
I elaborated on similar in Buttersnap Shitfuckery, specifically citing behaviors that arise in chat-based mafia there. This is a bit different but the principle-rote, ingrained, reflexive behaviors-is the same.

It's important to note that my point isn't that these are hard scumtells. My point is that those small bits of fake nuance are trivial to fake given a decent amount of experience.
In post 439, VNB National Plan wrote:Also, what are you trying to achieve by attacking gingies defense: do you just want her to agree with you, or is there something more? Cary should definitely answer Prism's 415 about progression of her Spiffeh read as he has valid points.
Assuming you're talking about Ginn's townread on Cary-I think it's wrong, and is worth discussing to conclusion. I don't know what deeper motive I need.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:19 am

Post by Ginngie »

you're seriously sitting here going

"I'm not going to sort anyone myself, no one has pinged me but one person, Im not scum hunting or town hunting.

The only thing I'll do is beetlejuice"

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:23 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 459, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Why does spiffeh scum need to lurk instead of do shit, i dont remember him being bad.
because he doesn't like playing scum and i could see him lurking as scum in this playerlist

your criticism sucks
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:23 am

Post by Prism »

Spiffeh, forget about Ginngie for now.

Your criticisms (ex. potshots) are valid but I don't think that continuing to engage with her is really going to help you-maybe if you want to get a read on her, but in general I think this is counterproductive and is more likely to get you lynched than anything else.

Can you take a look at some of the others in the game? What do you think about camn, Maxwell, Carya for instance?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:26 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 461, Prism wrote:I'm not seeing where Anti gave that reasoning; can one of you elaborate?
In post 328, Heartless wrote:aside from kmd being inordinately high in the reads list and
the spiffeh read decaying a little quickly for reasons that are kinda ?????
, nothing cary's posted has bothered me so far. he's kinda hovering in the null zone rn. (kinda annoying he apparently knows who i am but i don't know who he is but whatev)
right here
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:26 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Ginngie isnt scumhunting but she IS having a grand old time in the thread and i can appreciate that
It doesnt say anything abt her alignment besides her having fun ":3"
Lots of "woo im being townread"
The posts that are actually hunting are super duper bland
In post 162, Ginngie wrote:It was a statement regarding cardy somethings vote against me because 1. Card's reads are literally random.org and 2. it looked like we were going to vote people without actually saying anything or give a reason why so I did the same :3
Self vote is whatever but this is such an overexplanation, also i think i learned something about myself today because ginngie posts with the kind of reckless abandon i imagine i would as scum in this year 2017
In post 179, Ginngie wrote:
In post 172, Ginngie wrote:wait camn babe, why do you think I care about this playerlist and how I play?
I would like this answered tho.

As it stands it's obvious I'm trying to do my own thing and appealing to no one but my own play style.

I think what matters most is that I don't really get how everyone else actually matters because it never occurred to me
"its obvious im doing my own thing" does not go with "I did something purposefully scummy to get a wagon on me and analyze it"
In post 282, Ginngie wrote:
In post 134, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Prisms town! Totes.
VOTE: Ahsoka Tano

Ginngie pls dont self if youre town even as a joke its just confusing to us good honest folks :P
This is the only post that is noteworthy of anything and it sucks tone wise.
First with the claiming the town read on prism, for me it's the word 'totes" like it was added to go "hey hey it's a town read, see a town read, fuck yeee"

'Such Sorting, Much Town'

Also at the end of his next sentence 'us good honest folks.' That's just a loaded response of hey look I am town, this is a town responding because I am clearly town like the other towns.
This one again cause its seriously bad lmao, Ginngie suddenly has a strong opinion on this post after Prism mentions the gut scumread on me, its really forced content
In post 283, Ginngie wrote:Forgot to say, only reason I don't wish to join the wagon is because the dude says he's sick so it's not like a wagon will change anything, a few days from now when things get heated then we'll see.
Do I have to explain why this is scummy or do you get it
In post 353, Ginngie wrote:It's also an OMGUS read \o/
Town could actually do this one where she pops in to sprinkle some salt in that papercut but in the context of everything else its just another reason why Ginngie is scum having a giggle

Theres really no specific post that made me go Ginngie is scum its just a pattern of her downplaying questioning with her attitude and "this is who i am", I get no sense she's trying to accomplish anything

VOTE: Ginngie
Prism's still town Ahsoka still looks like scum

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”