mafia pt released on endgame

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by Mulch »

The one thing that bothers me about this discussion is the elephant in the room: what if mafia members have a strategy that they would want to talk about, or an observation, that could possibly hurt relationships/offend people if it was released immediately? I feel like in this situation it would be best to at least allow them to redact stuff.

For example, a lesser scale one would be scum members saying that a town member never reads them correctly and has low intelligence. Sure, you shoulden't be saying this in theory (be nice, etc), but there's not really a way of doing this that would be tactful to said person, and it's possible they could be friends, etc.

In a perfect world, people would be completely honest with each other, and even moreso in an internet game, but I think that some practical realities have to be faced that some people aren't friends or friendly to the brute honesty degree; some are on a shallower level but no less important to having site fluidity and morale, to the extent that they may not be prepared to say to someone's face that they suck.

Just some rambling thoughts.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by Mulch »

It still has the same meaning.

Would YOU want to be told you are easily fooled from someone you generally get along with? I know we would all like to say to ourselves that we don't care about our public perception, but that's generally not true.

And even if not true, woulden't some people want to hesitate before saying that to someone? The point here isn't if they are being offense; it's if mafia scum performance will deterioriate, even slightly, if people are afraid to say something that they know might ruin a relationship, in whatever terms and interpretations of this that they value to themselves.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 23, Gamma Emerald wrote:I would like to be informed of my flaws so I could better myself
Just don't be a dick about it
And you are willing to think that your belief about this is so strong that you would impose your belief against everybody else on the site who may think differntly (and may think differently in practice, though most in theory would say here they are courageous)?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 37, Gamma Emerald wrote:I mean if you can't take criticism you probably don't have a thick enough skin to be playing mafia
1) This is wrong
2) I disagree
3) This is not objective and therefore should not be something that we use to decide a policy for EVERYONE
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by Mulch »

just let people redact things jesus
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 63, kuribo wrote:
In post 60, Zachstralkita wrote:These are rights that they should have, at the very least.
Why?

Your shitty meta is not my responsibility.

Your inability to speak of other players without being a dick is not my responsibility either.
Right now your the dick
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:23 am

Post by Mulch »

My bad
Mulch
Mulch