Ginngie (1)
~ MaxwellPuckett

Not Voting (2)
~ Imperium, Polar Vortex

13 alive ~ 7 for majority.
Deadline Meter:
42%
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:38 am

Post by Caryatid »

We're here! We're queer!
In post 639, Imperium wrote:I was havign moments of I hate mafia and mafia sucks I suck but then nacho reminded me who the hell I am.

SUP BITCHES

In post 762, Polar Vortex wrote:
In post 700, Imperium wrote:So I have a friend at another site who has this belief in this 1 in 3 thing, in which scum when positing a group of three names always lists one of their partners. I don't necessarily believe in the 1 in 3 thing, but it will be interesting to see if any of the people who listed three people who might be scum at the beginning will be scum.

does that make sense?

Just an end game thought really.
It does make some sense, scum will always be aware when confronted with posting names. "Do I post only town names? Do I sneak in a partner?...". So I agree with whoever liked that Spiffeh started that. It is something I think would be less likely to come from scum.

I can't wait for Caryatid to get to us. I want to see if I interpreted our painting right.
I like rule of 3 but not before LYLO.

Sorry it took me so long to get to you guys; was in a mood yesterday because of RL and didn't want to take it out anybody or for it to screw up my reads. Your drawing is in the half that wound up with recognisable objects and the quarter that has a face. Your ISO starts in the centre with the four blue dots and then the three red lines around them symbolising your answer to spiffeh's guess-the-scumteam thing, and then I was drawing the little blue polar vortex around what became the face while reading . Your game theory posts read as fluff to me so a lot of them turned into the hat -- pink seems to be standing in for fluff throughout all the pictures because it's the colour of joy, but I was using yellow for something similar to that too, to change it up and because I don't really like pink that much. The red liquid which wound up being in a cup was when you first had a scumread on Spiffeh and started pursuing it and the little bits of liquid coming out were your attacks, and then your other hand grew some claws too when you were pushing VNB to be more speciffic which I liked.

Since then, I like the attention you're paying to the quieter posters.

I'm not sure what to make of you being the ones to put the brakes on the Spiffeh wagon but I think that if he is scum then it actually makes you more likely to be town.

I think I'm townleaning you guys, though I want to see if your reads are what I think they are first.
Show
Carried the weight of erechtheion's marble
Thousands of years while she held her head high
Sisters alone with their burdens unspeaking
Carried the weight of erect

Six caryatids ashamed by their brethren
Standing together but each one alone
Weathered millennia of pity eroding
Six caryatids ashamed
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:03 am

Post by Caryatid »

In post 441, Heartless wrote:i think tth is especially and irrationally gunshy about calling cary on going back on spiffeh bc that's what she pushed as scum in kings landing and cary is nowhere close to moving from overall null and the spiffeh progression is indeed not accounted for in cary's posting. a playful slap at mastina with "paranoia" doesn't come off as town to me either

but i guess i better shut up before the harpies arrive to shriek about hydra dissonance so pbpbpbpbpbbppbptptbpptbpptbpt
wait, if you're town then why does tth care about what she did when she was scum?

#fridgelogic
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:25 am

Post by Caryatid »

In post 771, Heartless wrote:
In post 766, Caryatid wrote:weaker player like Ahsoka1
yeah....

from the "weaker player" wording, i know i'm prob gonna get a lot of lip for low hanging fruit or whatever but ahsoka's posting has been pretty consistently unimpressive even when it's there. the camn vote is just kinda plopped there on.... something about the reaction to the self vote? the implied justification is something close to 'self votes aren't scummy, overeager scum jumping on LOOK UR GETTING CONNED'

i also think making a huge deal out of REreading ppl who have post counts that barely break double digits while not giving opinions on them off the supposed first read (kmd/vmd) AND failing to follow through is ????????
Yeah I have no desire to go out on a limb for her here. Everyone's complaining about the fluff but I actually am far more bothered by the low posting volume and the lack of fluff. The Ahsoka I know and love would be spammier than this, consistently in the top half of the playerlist as town, often among the top posters. The signal to noise ratio is about what I expect but she really, really, really has trouble freezing up as scum and putting her heart into the game. I expect Ahsoka to have more personality than this. You can see in the drawing how even the fluff posts are these neat little disjointed squares. I don't like where she says she's not lurking but she is totally active lurking.

I guess I liked and the 4 minutes it took her to say Polar vortex (and herself) was the town in Ginnie's list of [scum-Polar Vortex, KMD, Ahsoka Tano, Maxwell, Spiffeh], though as heartless mentioned it would be better if she'd actually followed up on the promised reread of those slots because none of them have enough posts for that to be arduous, but anyway that's what the blue swirl at the bottom was, polar vortex.

The yellow things were , which I liked, and the ladders were because she was able to prop her thoughts about camn up some.

Overall: meh. This isn't a good ISO.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:48 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 977, Caryatid wrote:
In post 441, Heartless wrote:i think tth is especially and irrationally gunshy about calling cary on going back on spiffeh bc that's what she pushed as scum in kings landing and cary is nowhere close to moving from overall null and the spiffeh progression is indeed not accounted for in cary's posting. a playful slap at mastina with "paranoia" doesn't come off as town to me either

but i guess i better shut up before the harpies arrive to shriek about hydra dissonance so pbpbpbpbpbbppbptptbpptbpptbpt
wait, if you're town then why does tth care about what she did when she was scum?

#fridgelogic
summary:

me: cary could be scum for [reason x]
tth: wait a second... i used [reason x] to push a townie in my last scum game
tth: therefore [reason x] is not actually scummy
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:00 am

Post by Caryatid »

In post 979, Heartless wrote:
In post 977, Caryatid wrote:

#fridgelogic
summary:

me: cary could be scum for [reason x]
tth: wait a second... i used [reason x] to push a townie in my last scum game
tth: therefore [reason x] is not actually scummy
oh! That makes more sense. I think I misunderstood you before; what I heard was that she didn't want to push me the way she had pushed a townie when she was scum, but now it sounds like she's saying that she's town do it before so it doesn't bother her.

Thanks for explaining.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:01 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 978, Caryatid wrote:The Ahsoka I know and love would be spammier than this, consistently in the top half of the playerlist as town, often among the top posters.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

if ahsoka is really the certain star wars fan i'm thinking of rn, it's p much a free scum lynch
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:45 am

Post by Caryatid »

In post 779, Imperium wrote:No polar I don't thi I can tell you guys apart :(

Which is probably funny since you're both the people I altguess wrong all the time when home.
But do you altguess them as each other at home?

I thought i could tell them apart but now after re-reading their ISO again today I think that I am just not getting feedback on when I guess wrong so I just assume I'm guessing right. This happened to me in this one fanfic I was reading where there were like 10 characters named Tony and when they suddenly got nicknames I had even more trouble telling them apart because I couldn't remember which Tony had which nickname whereas before if it said Tony then I never got any indication that the Tony I thought it was, was not the one that it actually was...
In post 780, VNB National Plan wrote:I make a habit of looking at alts to see if they're banned users so I want y'all to appreciate the effort I'm putting into avoiding my reflexes. :(
Thank you!
Ibid. wrote:@Cary I have bad news, I'm literally a robot and straightforward thinking is what I do (and a compliment to me >.> ). Data goes in and reads go out. My other half is much better at putting the reasons for the things we know are scummy into words. If I'm conservative it's because I can't make a decision without the facts to back it up. You like her better because she gets your FEE-LINGS :p (Me: Imperium looks like a foot?) I feel a lot better about you as a good read, in any case.
Oh! I can cope with data based players, I'll just need more data from you myself to get there. I'm a bit of a robot too but it's like I can do left brain stuff or right brain stuff but not both at once and I don't get to choose which mode I'm in either.

I hadn't seen Imperium as a foot because it was trying to be a corinthian column that then grew stuff around it after I was done filling it in so it took me a bit of staring to see it that way! So I guess it's time to talk about Imperium. A lot of their early posts didn't feel alignment indicative to me and didn't stand out in either way so I was putting the colours of the posts into the corinthian column. It felt like pretty standard early sorting, not unfakeable but nothing that jumped out to me as worrying either. The tone was good and the colours blended pleasingly and it didn't feel varnished.... uh, can people understand me when I talk like this because I can understand myself but that's not always the best indicator... I feel like I am putting my thoughts into the most exact and precise words to describe the concepts I am trying to convey but I don't know how much is coming through. :(

I liked the way nacho was sorting me and engaging me. It felt like he was really reaching out to me and trying to understand me when he had me in his scum pile. I want to talk to him some more.

The circles down the side are his readslist and what I thought of it at the time. The little purple fairy on the top of the column is Tammy's posts, which she didn't have so many of them yet and the little blue shield around her to protect her from the flames she's standing so close to and the blue thing wasn't supposed to be a planet but it kinda looks like one now. To the right of the column it's coloured in black so I could do etching because it was originally a pink swirly thing I drew but I messed it up so I coloured over it and then put black so that I could etch the swirly thing instead because etching is pretty and it works better that way because in the darkness even small lights shine brightly, so that colour symbolises hope for me because I wasn't sure yet when I was drawing this I just really wanted to be town together with them again and now I do think it's true.

I like Tammy's posts and the feeling behind them. Nacho's tone is fine. Actually one thing kinda pinged me from their posts after I'd finished the drawing but I looked it up and he literally only did it one other time in 8 years of playing and he was a mason then so that's fine. I just want them to get caught up and talk reads with me.

I think part of the problem I'm having is that I don't want them to know the little things I look for in their play and it's just a bunch of little personal tells that make up the bulk of my read that I know other people will find uncompelling or incomprehensible or both but I like their interactions with me and the way they're talking to me and I like the way Tammy was pushing Spiffeh because I think she'd do it differently if she were scum.

And they got the prettiest picture until nancy got a prettier one and maybe that would've happened anyway because I just really like them as people ok but I really think they're just town.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:58 am

Post by Heartless »

VOTE: ahsoka

max is still pretty scummy but i'm near certain this is scum
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:00 am

Post by Caryatid »

VOTE: Ahsoka yeah.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Ginngie »

VOTE: Ahshoka

WOO
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Heartless is that based off of knowing his alt?

Because if so please enlighten me.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Gin what was your reason for leaving my wagon and going elsewhere?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I don't really get why camn and Ginngie cling onto their awful reasons for scum reading me for so long but leave the wagon suddenly and without explanation
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 987, Spiffeh wrote:Gin what was your reason for leaving my wagon and going elsewhere?
You're boring me

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Spiffeh »

The more absent mastina is the more likely it is that she is scum
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 990, Spiffeh wrote:The more absent mastina is the more likely it is that she is scum
I actually agree with you on this

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 989, Ginngie wrote:
In post 987, Spiffeh wrote:Gin what was your reason for leaving my wagon and going elsewhere?
You're boring me
When did mafia change to allow non answers like this to be acceptable?

Why do you have such an aversion to explaining your thoughts? (actual question I want answered, is it a play stye thing?)
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:23 am

Post by Ginngie »

Read the last game, my reads are unique, so yeah play style.

And if you understood my play style, that would be a huge answer

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Spiffeh »

So you expect me to just let you run free ignoring my questions because "that's your style"?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 994, Spiffeh wrote:So you expect me to just let you run free ignoring my questions because "that's your style"?
Would you be mad if I said yes?

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Ginngie »

Anyway, vote Tano plz

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 986, Spiffeh wrote:Heartless is that based off of knowing his alt?

Because if so please enlighten me.
ugghhghhhhghghhh

i don't want to be in the business of outing alts but i can't get the idea out of my head and it took my ~60% scumread to ~95%

but rly just off of play and ignoring meta i think ashokas play is pretty scummy and is very lynchworthy. let's just stick to that.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:30 am

Post by Ginngie »

Guys, I think Heartless is an alt

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I still think it was ridiculously scummy of camn to act like the fact that I was "tunneling" her was
1. indicative of me being scum
2. meant that she owed me no fucking explanation and refused to explain her scum read on me based on this
3. able to refute the many problems I pointed out about her

I don't really see any reason people are town reading camn other than meta reasons (which I can't relate to) and her "early content" which I don't really understand when looking at it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”