Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:54 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 1134, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 795, Caryatid wrote:drew them because couldn't words and sometimes when i can't words i can scumhunt in a different way.
Oh. Well then. I could obviously be wrong here but I believe I do in fact know who you are now! Hi! <3

(Yes, this is me. Only just now. Figuring it out.)

RE: you having concerns on my reads, even knowing who you are I must apologize, I still don't understand what your issue with them was.
I am embarrassed that I'm not doing a better job of secret alting but I guess it's not unreasonable that almost1 everyone who has a hope of reading me based on meta has figured it out.

Are you still scumreading Heartless? I've felt pretty good about them lately, been nodding along as they post stuff and their tone has seemed okay to me. pedit: I can see that's a yes but I'm leaving this in because I want to express that I don't understand and I want to.

My problem with was less the what and more the why/how, if that makes sense. I don't really care about whether we agree with reads on page 13 or not because it was early. The way you were describing your reads, not the content of them, something about your tone but it wasn't a strong read just a worried feeling. But you are someone I think I'll be able to read eventually so when I get worried early I'm okay with sitting with it for a while because I know it will come clear and I trust myself.
  1. There is one more person I am expecting an "oh! hi!" from.
Show
Carried the weight of erechtheion's marble
Thousands of years while she held her head high
Sisters alone with their burdens unspeaking
Carried the weight of erect

Six caryatids ashamed by their brethren
Standing together but each one alone
Weathered millennia of pity eroding
Six caryatids ashamed
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:56 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 1172, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 1144, nancy wrote:
Spoiler:
Is it bad that my first thought was "why is nancy posting a picture of lesbininjas"? :P
lesbians in niqab and hijab made my day. Thank you, nancy <3

~ <3 ~
Last edited by nancy on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 1175, Caryatid wrote:Are you still scumreading Heartless? I've felt pretty good about them lately, been nodding along as they post stuff and their tone has seemed okay to me. pedit: I can see that's a yes but I'm leaving this in because I want to express that I don't understand and I want to.
Yes.
I just don't see them as town.
I don't get it.

I always have gotten it before.
I've always gotten them as town when they are town.
Yet here I just don't really see it. I don't know how to explain why I don't see it. I don't know how to explain why this equates to a scumread. But I don't see them as town and I'm sorry that I can't but I can't lie and say I do when I don't. Sure it's probably a stupid read but it's also one which I don't really feel like I should feel stupid for having.
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:00 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 1156, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 975, nancy wrote:
MaxwellPuckett (4)
~ Prism, Heartless, Ginngie, camn
This wagon is bad, and you should feel bad. Except scum, they're okay except that they're bad just in a different way.
camn (2)
~ Ahsoka Tano, Spiffeh
This wagon is scum, and you should feel proud for being scum.
Can you talk about your Maxwell read at all? Is it more townreading Max or more confidence in your scumreads elsewhere or something else?
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

Btw please don't lynch Ahsoka Tano for a while.
I want to at least try to get Jae's input there because that's something they could maybe actually help me on even if they're "out" of the game as it were.
I asked them and they said they'd try, but they don't have time for it tonight.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:07 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 1178, Caryatid wrote:Can you talk about your Maxwell read at all? Is it more townreading Max or more confidence in your scumreads elsewhere or something else?
It's a combination of factors, actually.

Maxwell is a nulltownread, in that there's not really much to go off of but I don't actually get a feeling that Maxwell's scum. Gut, essentially, tells me that Maxwell just isn't scum.

This is indeed bolstered by my confidence in my
actual
scumreads. I have three rather solid ones I have great confidence in (even if I suck at explaining them). One of them, Heartless, was on the wagon and not likely in a way which would be a bus. Which brings me to another part. When you wagon on players, sometimes you just get a ~feeling~ about the person you're wagoning, off of the circumstances behind the wagon. The circumstances behind the wagon on MaxwellPuckett suck. They don't feel towndriven at all; they don't feel like a lynch at scum at all. (The opposite of Spiffeh, which was 100% towndriven and felt like a lynch on scum.)

I realize there's nothing really tangible to talk about, but then that's not all too surprising when you've got a slot who has not contributed much, and yet would do so regardless of alignment. (Especially given that replace-out request.)
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:07 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 1179, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:Btw please don't lynch Ahsoka Tano for a while.
I want to at least try to get Jae's input there because that's something they could maybe actually help me on even if they're "out" of the game as it were.
I asked them and they said they'd try, but they don't have time for it tonight.
Ahsoka is at L-3 right now, and I'll try to buy you time if I can, but the deadline metre is at 22% (down from 34% yesterday), so Jae needs to get to this in the next day or two because we have plurality lynches in this game.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Post by camn »

Plus, if Ahsoka doesn't start acting town I'm back on that wagon for reals
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 1181, Caryatid wrote:Ahsoka is at L-3 right now, and I'll try to buy you time if I can, but the deadline metre is at 22% (down from 34% yesterday), so Jae needs to get to this in the next day or two because we have plurality lynches in this game.
24 hours should be enough. <3
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 1180, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 1178, Caryatid wrote:Can you talk about your Maxwell read at all? Is it more townreading Max or more confidence in your scumreads elsewhere or something else?

Maxwell is a nulltownread, in that there's not really much to go off of but I don't actually get a feeling that Maxwell's scum. Gut, essentially, tells me that Maxwell just isn't scum.

actual
scumreads. I have three rather solid ones I have great confidence in (even if I suck at explaining them). One of them, Heartless, was on the wagon and not likely in a way which would be a bus. Which brings me to another part. When you wagon on players, sometimes you just get a ~feeling~ about the person you're wagoning, off of the circumstances behind the wagon. The circumstances behind the wagon on MaxwellPuckett suck. They don't feel towndriven at all; they don't feel like a lynch at scum at all. (The opposite of Spiffeh, which was 100% towndriven and felt like a lynch on scum.)

I realize there's nothing really tangible to talk about, but then that's not all too surprising when you've got a slot who has not contributed much, and yet would do so regardless of alignment. (Especially given that replace-out request.)
That makes sense that it would be a circumstantial/game state read, especially since Max was a counterwagon to Spiffeh. I'm hoping the replacement will help. Looks like we'll either get Leon, who should be legible, Cheetory, who is the awesome but I doubt I can read him, and Regfan, who I haven't played with.)
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:00 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 1184, Caryatid wrote:
In post 1180, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:

actual

That makes sense that it would be a circumstantial/game state read, especially since Max was a counterwagon to Spiffeh. I'm hoping the replacement will help. Looks like we'll either get Leon, who should be legible, Cheetory, who is the awesome but I doubt I can read him, and Regfan, who I haven't played with.)
Regfan would be awsome as fuck. Relatively easy to read, but an excellent player
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:39 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Now that mastina has demonstrated her inability to actually reconsider my alignment and literally just attached "this is scum" to like every post of mine, we are now free to ignore her
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 am

Post by Spiffeh »

The worst part is she's probably town

Still have my problems with camn but I think TTH brought up some good points regarding her reaction to Ginngie's self vote that seemed town and resonated with me.

I don't really have any solid scum reads anymore.

Town: {Heartess, NoticeMeSenpai}
Townlean: {Imperium, Prism, Ginngie, Caryatid, VNB National Plan}
Null: {Kmd4390, MaxwellPuckett, camn}
Scumlean: {Ahsoka Tano, Polar Vortex}
Scum: {}

I have vague town feelings about too many slots and that makes me uncomfortable.

I'll explain this more after I get home from work, especially the Polar Vortex read. Feel free to ask me other questions in the mean time.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:27 am

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 1187, Spiffeh wrote:The worst part is she's probably town

Still have my problems with camn but I think TTH brought up some good points regarding her reaction to Ginngie's self vote that seemed town and resonated with me.

I don't really have any solid scum reads anymore.

Town: {Heartess, NoticeMeSenpai}
Townlean: {Imperium, Prism, Ginngie, Caryatid, VNB National Plan}
Null: {Kmd4390, MaxwellPuckett, camn}
Scumlean: {Ahsoka Tano, Polar Vortex}
Scum: {}

I have vague town feelings about too many slots and that makes me uncomfortable.

I'll explain this more after I get home from work, especially the Polar Vortex read. Feel free to ask me other questions in the mean time.
Here's the thing.
I have literally read snippets and not had any drive whatsoever for this game.
Yet I had my attention directed here and so have been mildly checking with new posts.

I don't think scum posts this.
I know mastina scumreads Spiff and what I saw of him I was thinking was different from Civ maf in a tangible manner but I was also thinking that Civ maf was a fucking spamfuckery of ego and I can understand why anyone would be different from that.

But this?
I don't think this comes from scum.
I know this doesn't mean much considering Spiff's not the one on the chopping block right now but I figure while I have thoughts and feelings about the game I better throw them out there.
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:10 am

Post by Caryatid »

Jae, do you know what's making it harder for you to get into this game? Is there anything we can do to help?
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:28 am

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

<3 <3 <3

But sadly, no, I have no real idea. Sorry.
A thing with this game was I kept looking at posts and really just seeing... words. I couldn't pick anything alignment indicative from them.
I don't know what would cause that, honestly. It could just be my poor mental health, or it could be that I'm losing my love for mafia. Not sure.
Could just be my new job where I am pitted against people that caused me to lose my job before so I feel like I'm already questioning everything from everything wrt interactions and end up burnt out before I even start to do it for fun. < which would be a contender if I felt this way about every game but I don't.

I can guarantee that I feel super shitty about leaving mastina to hold the fort and then not bothering to even keep current to try to get reads. Especially since she did the same to me in For Us. :P
I am following a little more closely than I was. So if you point me to some posts I can try to give off the cuff thoughts there, and maybe that would help me get into the game.
Honestly what would help most of all is a ride or die read getting wagoned. I remember being super disinterested in a game once before and copper got wagoned and I realized he was town for the tone of a post as he realized he was going to be the D1 mislynch and that really helped drag me back into caring about the game. I'd rather that not happen here, but y'know... :P
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:29 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Jae what about that post specifically makes you think it doesn't come from scum?
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:34 am

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 1187, Spiffeh wrote:I don't really have any solid scum reads anymore.

These, Spiff.

I understand that any scum can fake this.
I don't believe it's faked.
I especially don't believe that you take THIS approach as scum to the game.
I know I'm not caught up on the gamestate and the gamestate may very well require you to take this approach.
I know I don't know you well enough to make such a judgement call.
And all the same I just... Don't think this is scum coming from you at this point in time.

Call it strong gut.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:37 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Uh ok

I mean you're right so good job?

From this brief interaction I feel that your head of this hydra will be a lot easier for me to interact with so if you could get into the game ASAP that would be cool
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:19 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1177, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:Sure it's probably a stupid read but it's also one which I don't really feel like I should feel stupid for having.
In post 1170, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 1062, camn wrote:VOTE: AHSOKA TANO
I have no energy to fight this and even if I did I'm not entirely sure I'd want to but even so that said I'm just.
sigh.
Not happy with this.
Not optimistic it'll flip scum and even if it did not optimistic it'll actually do anything to help us.
what the fuck ever, mastina. seeya on the other side of the scum flip.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:28 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1182, camn wrote:Plus, if Ahsoka doesn't start acting town I'm back on that wagon for reals
well ok she failed to show yesterday when she said she would but i don't know does she have to outright come out and explicitly SAY she's avoiding the thread for you ppl to catch on ....?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:35 am

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 1194, Heartless wrote:what the fuck ever, mastina. seeya on the other side of the scum flip.
Also side note hot take from someone who has no meta on them as a player and no idea of the gamestate.

This very strongly reads like someone who is trying to fake confidence in a wagon flipping scum. I don't believe the sentiment here, basically.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:43 am

Post by nancy »

Last edited by nancy on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:43 am

Post by nancy »

Last edited by nancy on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:44 am

Post by Spiffeh »

SNIPED

~ ...You were saying? ~
Last edited by nancy on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”