OLD Micro Queue (Players and Moderators)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:48 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Davsto wrote:Don't you still need one for Normals in this queue?
You don't need a reviewer
in advance
for Normals. If you /in with a Normal, the list mod will find reviewers for you, and they'll have to approve the game as Normal whether you got it reviewed separately or not. (Source: I'm one of the reviewers in question.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #329 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:33 am

Once the game reaches 6p for any reason, Rarefaction starts immediately and there are no more night phases from then on. This happens even if the reason that Rarefaction started was that a townie was lynched at 5:2, even though in a normal game scum would get a kill at that point.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #351 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:06 am

/in to mod

Game Name:
Grey Flag Nightless
Game Type:
Open (3 Vengeful Mafia, 6 Vanilla Townies; Nightless, White Flag)
Game Size:

Bastard?:
No
Hydras Allowed?:
Yes, but
all
heads must obey activity restrictions; the hydra will be replaced if any head flakes
Other Restrictions?:
No; all players are welcome, even new players

Description:
I'm running a simple flavourless Open setup because the queue is running short on mods (and especially, short on simple games) and I can get one of these set up quickly.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #420 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:56 am

I see there are some new players in my game (Grey Flag Nightless), so I'll just explain how this works for their benefit:

First of all, I'll have to wait for Marquis to confirm the playerlist. Then I'll create a thread for the game, containing detailed information about the setup, rules, etc.. (These steps depend on when Marquis and I can be online, so they might be very quick or they might take a day or too.) The game mostly takes place in the game thread too, but to start with the thread will be locked. Once the thread's been created I'll send each player a PM letting them know what their role is, and giving a link to the game thread; you'll have to reply to the PM to let me know that you've read it and you're ready to play, and once everyone or almost everyone has responded, I'll unlock the thread and the game will start.

Thanks for filling my game! I hope you enjoy it.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #472 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:22 pm

I think you're confusing Greatest Idea and Grand Idea? Might want to clarify that for the game advertisement.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #526 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Err, that setup is broken. There's likely a guaranteed town win, although I haven't found one yet; I have, however, found a strategy that gives town 94.4% EV, which is still way too high.

EDIT: Two possible fixes:

(Less favoured but would still work) Increase the number of paths town has to survive to 6, rather than 5. This is probably still somewhat townsided, but not by as much, and also has the disadvantage that luck is probably more important than scumhunting.

(My preferred option) Increase the number of paths town has to survive to 7, but place a bias on the randomizer between paths (I suggest that each day, you announce two paths, one with a 70% chance of being the safe path, and one which is safe only the other 30% of the time). This should have more scumhunting involved than the previous option (because scum will have to decide if they're townread enough to lie about the 30% path being safe, and town will have to decide how many times they're going to ask for a second opinion). I'm not sure where the balance is but it isn't obviously broken. Note that in this version of the setup, a 2:2 or 1:1 endgame should not be an automatic scum win (town should have the chance to guess their way to the end of the setup even if they can't lynch anyone any more).
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #531 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:18 am

In-game or by PM?
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #543 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:11 am

/in Mislead

I'm pretty sure the setup is still broken but at this point I'd prefer to break it in-game. I'd advise only signing up if you're comfortable with playing to breaking strategies, because aiming to play the setup "normally" is highly likely to lead to a scum win.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #549 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:14 am

I've spent the last two days trying to break it, including asking FakeGod a bunch of rules questions.

The hard part is that identifying the scum doesn't win the game for town; even if you lynch them both, you still need a townie to survive to D7 to win. This pretty much rules out Zyf's strategy because although it's good at getting rid of scum, it leads to the remaining group of townies being too small to finish.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #627 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:43 am

In post 624, BTD6_maker wrote:/In 09:12. (Should it be in this queue, or the Open?)
Open games aren't restricted to the Open Queue. The Open Queue is mostly a place where new mods are assigned setups, in order to ensure there's a good supply of games in popular setups; sometimes those are micro-sized, sometimes they're larger. (It also handles mod requests for new/experimental/outside-rotation Open setups that are 10 players or larger and relatively mechanically normal and unflavoured. This doesn't happen very often.)

Other places where they can be run include this Micro queue, and the Theme queues, if they fit the requirements of the queue. For this queue, the game needs to have 9 players or less. For the Theme queues, the game needs to be mechanically unusual or heavily flavoured (and the right size to fit the queue). Neither of these requirements specifies anything about Closed vs. Open, and Open games are pretty common in this queue.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #683 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:47 am

When a new game enters signups, there's often a flurry of signups into it from people who were waiting for it to reach the top of the queue.

After a while, signups into games aren't from people who were eagerly anticipating them (because those people would have signed up earlier), but from people who feel like playing a game and think that that game looks interesting. Therefore, you can expect the rate to slow down a bit.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #723 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:57 am

Micro 624 has also ended!
Spoiler: Result
Mafia won! Congratulations to the scumteam of Infinity 324, Javajoe24, and rb!
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #724 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:30 am

Still short of mods? I can do another flavourless all-vanilla Open (they seem to be going down well).

/in to mod
Game Name:
Desperation Day
Game Type:
Open (trial run)
Game Size:

Bastard?:
No.
Hydras Allowed?:
Yes,
but
activity requirements are enforced on each head individually.
Other Restrictions?:
No, all are welcome, even first-time players. Note that this setup is very dayplay-focused, and the fact that this is the test run of an otherwise untested setup means that there's a chance (admittedly a very small chance in this case) that something will go horribly wrong.

Description:
A trial run of Desperation Day, one of the least swingy setups ever invented. 7 Vanilla Townies, 2 Mafia Goons (with compulsive nightkills). The only unusual feature is that if a Mafia member is lynched on day 3, town automatically win (players can also win via the more usual technique of eliminating the opposing team). No flavour. As the setup has a normal day/night cycle (for once), I'm going back to the standard two-week deadlines.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #757 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:01 am

For people who want to see the rules in a little more of a readable form, I made a wiki page for the setup: Desperation Day
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #766 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:50 am

Sure, that's OK. Bear in mind that for hydras, I require both heads to be active in-game; I don't allow situations where one head flakes.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #774 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:28 pm

It's OK if it doesn't fill; I'm mostly /in-ning with simple Opens back to back to help fill the mod queue (due to the lack of mods at the moment).
If players don't want to play it now, I'll try again later, and (if the mod shortage continues) put a different setup into the queue in the meantime to prevent the queue emptying.
(Of course, if the queue's having problems finding mods
and
it's having problems finding players, it might be worth discussing the future of the queue.)
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #789 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:40 pm

If it doesn't fill, I'll put a substantially different setup into the queue (and players in this one are free to /in again once it comes to the front, but don't have to). There's not much point running a setup if players don't want to play it, and if the players who want to play it aren't available right now, it's better to run it later rather than sooner. Likewise, if players want to hydra, they'll probably have more fun hydra-ing in this or a different game, than they will playing this game solo.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #894 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:34 am

With respect to the mod shortage, my problem is that there's a setup people want me to run and that I really want to run, but I'm having technical difficulties that might prevent me moderating it to completion, and nobody wants that. I'd have /inned without much thought if not for that.

(I feel like I've been running back-to-back Micros recently to help keep the queue afloat, but on the other hand, I don't
mind
doing that, so everyone comes out a winner I guess.)
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #900 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

OK, screw it.
/in to mod

Game Name:
Mislead 2: A Maze of our Own Devising
Game Type:
Open Theme (setup is mathematically equivalent to Predict the Flip)
Game Size:

Bastard?:
No; the setup is fairly weird but all aspects of how it operates are public, and any flavour cues will be randomized to avoid modWIFOM
Hydras Allowed?:
Yes,
but
both heads of a hydra must
individually
comply with activity requirements
Other Restrictions?:
No
hard
requirements, but I wouldn't recommend this for your first game onsite or if you're uncomfortable with mechanically unusual setups; note that the setup is one in which a townie is guaranteed to win if they call the scumteam correctly, and thus will probably be mostly dayplay focused

Description:
A sequel to Micro 632: Mislead. The creators of a deadly maze have been trapped inside; can they find their way to the exit? Seven of the players (this game's "town") just want to survive, and will tell the truth about which paths in their section of the maze are safe. Two of the players (this game's "scum") would rather maintain the legend of the maze forever, and will lie in an attempt to ensure that nobody escapes. The game
has no normal lynches or nightkills
; rather, players die as a result of taking dangerous paths in the maze (due to following scum, or failing to follow townies), and vote on the order in which to attempt sections. Town wins if any players are still alive after all nine sections of the maze have been attempted. If a player "dies" but their section has not been attempted yet, they can still post in-thread (treestump-style) until their section comes up. Each player also has a "joker" which they can use once in the game to exempt themself from having to choose a path in another player's section.

Expect rather more flavour than in the original maze. Because the players have built the maze themselves, they can optionally send me flavour advice on what their area of the maze is like, and I'll work it into the game's flavour (although no matter what, the safe path is always chosen randomly). If you're not interested in influencing the flavour, that's fine too; I'll come up with something myself.

Sméagol will be backup- or co-mod (currently sorting that out by PM).

Marquis, may I have permission to create PTs in order to get reviewing / role PMs / etc. set up ahead of time? (I technically have PT creation access anyway from Micro 643, but am unclear on whether I'm allowed to use it for an unrelated purpose without permission.)
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #914 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:34 pm

You've listed seven names under Normal Idea Mafia, but have the status as 6/9.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #945 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:53 pm

You can't change to hydra once the game is full, but if I counted correctly there's still a slot left, so the change should be OK.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #948 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:57 pm

I think that was the last slot?

Doing this really makes me appreciate the work that listmods do. It's hard even with just nine slots, and listmods have to deal with a lot more.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #968 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:25 pm

Micro 643 ended.
It was a scum win.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1060 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:49 am

For the record, I'm co-modding Creature's game.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1227 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Queue low on mods? Don't worry, I still have a huge supply of flavourless Opens to run. I'm in the mood to run a 7p setup right now.

Game Name:
Nomination Mafia
Game Type:
Open Theme
Game Size:

Bastard?:
No (there are some unusual mechanics, but they're entirely public)
Hydras Allowed?:
No
Other Restrictions?:
Due to the unusual mechanics, I wouldn't recommend this as your first game. As such, players need either at least 1 game of experience on mafiascum.net or explicit approval from the moderator.

Description:
Scum don't have a nightkill. What they do have, though, is the ability to limit the lynch vote. On even-numbered days, town will be forced to lynch within a pool of three players chosen by scum; they might be all town, giving no good options, or maybe scum will put themselves in the pool to make themselves look good.

This game will also be trialling an experimental activity mechanic. Players will have points they can spend to influence the pace of the game, allowing them to increase the deadline (which will be "naturally" very short if nobody spends to increase it) or to increase a player's prod timer.

I don't currently have a backup mod (and as all information but the identity of the scumteam is publicly known, it should be possible to recover even without one), although if anyone's interested in backing up the game, let me know.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1242 (isolation #25) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:39 am

No pre-ins for my game.

A backup moderator for a Micro would require 1 completed game of moderation experience, so unfortunately, you don't qualify. Thanks for offering, though.

Note to players: this game will have experimental activity/deadline rules; each player will have points that they can spend to control the pace of the game via adjusting deadlines and prod timers. As always with experimental components of setups, there's a chance that something could go horribly wrong, although I don't see why it would.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1507 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Game Name:
Every Vote Counts
Game Type:
Closed Theme (due to experimental mechanics; it's unflavoured)
Game Size:

Bastard?:
No, but it makes heavy use of randomness, which some players may feel is bastard; in particular, a faction can play perfectly and still lose if they're sufficiently unlucky
Hydras Allowed?:
Yes, but I'll be enforcing harsher activity requirements on hydras than on solo players
Other Restrictions?:
This is not an appropriate setup for a player's first game on site. As such, players in this game must have 1 game on mafiascum.net. (This restriction applies to the player not the account; fresh alts and newly formed hydras may play if the main accounts have experience.)

Description:
In most Mafia games, the lynched player is the player who gets more than half the votes. That leaves all the voters on smaller wagons out; their opinion isn't considered at all in the lynch. Let's change that.

In this game, a player is lynched at random each day, with the votes affecting the probability to lynch; the more votes on a player, the more likely they are to be lynched (likewise, a player can't be lynched if there are no votes on them). So every vote has an influence on the final dice roll that decides the day. Additionally, deadlines are also random (and secret!); you won't know when deadline will be until the thread locks, so there's always the chance that a vote you make will end up counting, even if it was just a reaction test and you're planning to retract it.

Apart from that, this is the sort of thing you'd expect in a role-heavy Theme setup; in particular, the game has no Vanilla Townies. This sort of setup is naturally going to be very swingy (there's a small but present chance that a faction will lose simply due to bad luck), and as such I can't guarantee that it's balanced. As such, I'd recommend joining only if you enjoy the crazier sorts of setup.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2428 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:07 am

/in pisskop

I really enjoyed the last Vote For Town game I played, so here's to another.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2597 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:37 pm

I don't think that game counts as Mafia. No player has an incentive to act any differently from any other player – scum doesn't have a buddy to protect, so can simply vote as if town – and with nothing in the posts but votes, there's no way to read them using scumreads that work based on words rather than actions. In other words, you've designed a game that makes scumhunting completely impossible, so the result will effectively be decided at random or as a popularity contest.
scum
town

Return to “Completed Signups”