Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 35, Fykus wrote:Cause rvs is boring. Lets wagon someone and end it (inb4 only scum want to wagon peoplre to finish rvs)
Any reason you placed a new vote instead of wagoning Necro then?
In post 38, necro wrote:
In post 29, Robbnva wrote:I haven't put one down either. Does that bug you also or just cloud?
You said you're away so am assuming you aren't really 'all here' right now.

Cloudkicker is the only player who seems to be getting to page2 and is not trying to sort alignments or build pressure anywhere. To that end:

Vote: Cloudkicker
That's a lie. I was asleep from before game start to page two, so definitely wasn't trying to sort anybody.
More seriously, who do you see as trying to sort people right now?

VOTE: Fykus
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Note: I have not caught up yet, and while writing this have not read beyond the end of the page i'm referencing.
In post 66, Tchill13 wrote:VOTE: jordarrian

If he's town he's hurting town right now and we shouldn't stand for that. If he's scum then I'm willing to work with him, for now, to lynch his scum self.
This sounds like a serious vote. Calling that hurting town is an odd overstatement.
In post 73, IgnitionUSMC wrote:Ive never seen introduction posts as a scum play, if anything attacking intro posts are an easy way for scum to go after someone without raising red flags. Now if after an intro post a player continues to play dumb or detracts, by all means they are being scummy and exploiting their "new" post as hiding.
What were you thoughts on Tchill here/why didn't you vote him then?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 79, Sofiel wrote:Man I can't believe I missed rvs, that's my favourite part! :,(

Might as well get right into it (disclosure I've played like one game of Mafia before tbh).

Just some observations:
tchill is pushing that "i'm town let's get scum!!" stuff hard. Can't tell if enthusiastic or scummy lmao.
fykus admitting to sheeping is weird esp for so early in the game but jord's push and vote feels opportunistic.
lovelife is the most visible scumhunter i'd be interested in seeing how those interactions with jord look especially on d2.
i'm interested in bluebloodedtoffee's post at #48, why'd you vote for tchill?
I like the tone here.
In post 81, Fykus wrote:VOTE: jord

By wagon someone i didnt mean quick lynch i meant put a few votes on them to get a reaction to end rvs
Who said you meant quicklynch?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 114, CloudKicker wrote:Maybe theyre mason
What were you thinking here? Was it a joke or something you thought?
In post 117, necro wrote:
In post 106, CloudKicker wrote:can someone interact with me
You're basically doing everything you can to make people not want to interact with you...now you're complaining about it?

C'mon dude.
Did you miss my only post or ignore it?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:44 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The site I started on had decent activity, similar role setups to mafiascum, day one lynches, sensibly approached RVS, and votes based on actual reasons.
‘Don’t make me angry’ sounds like a joke. @Robb: Was it intended as one?
In post 143, necro wrote:This focus on setup makes me dislike Robb as well, at the moment.

If you don't like early game, at what point do you start trying to find scum?
This, and some other stuff from Necro, sounds like it's almost quoted straight from theory. I'd be interested in the thought process behind this question.
In post 166, lovelife wrote:
In post 162, Robbnva wrote:
In post 154, lovelife wrote:Generally I am suspicious of people who seem overly comfortable like Robb and Fykus, however, I think that's just how Fykus plays TBH. Don't know about Robb. I would like to see some real discussion from him about his vote.
Why is it suspicious to you?
It makes me think they know who's a threat and who isn't, unlike a real townsperson who has no idea who's going to stab them in the back.
I don't get what you're saying here, unless you just mean because of partners. What do town have to worry about that scum don't?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 180, necro wrote:
In post 176, Robbnva wrote:I think that first part is missing a post. But you said why you were suspicious of me and I explained what I was doing. I haven't really seen you say if you've accepted me explanation or not. If you haven't than yes you are scum or a bad player.

I don't play to appear town. I don't really care how I look to others.

And I am trying to cooperate with people.
Not really sure what to make of it really. Your posts seem to be contradicting one another in their meaning at this stage. A post telling me to not make you angry. Another saying, "if you have questions, just ask". And then another claiming that anyone who scumreads you is either a bad player or scum, but that you're also trying to cooperate. Can you explain to me how calling people bad players foster cooperation?

Then on one hand you're saying that you basically just end up scumreading the people who scumread you, but earlier on you made the claim that the reason your posts are not game related is because you are instead observing?

Do you have any observations to share? It seems to me that if you're the kind of player who throws their weight around and gets their scumreads by seeing who scumreads them, that it would be counter-productive to sit back and observe. Right?
Why are you not voting Robb at this point, especially considering it sounds like it'd be easier to sort him if you did based on what he's said about being reactive.
In post 182, Havo wrote:We need some of the low posters to show up.
If you want to interact with me then post when I'm awake.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

From Sofiel: ‘Hopkirk - null leaning scum. Dude's made one post + has an outstanding vote on Fykus which he hasn't changed or explained.’
I asked Fykus a question when I voted him. You haven’t asked me anything else/mentioned me as far as I’m aware before now, so this read is odd.
Also, is having a different timezone and being busy after dinner one day always scum, or just most of the time?

VOTE: Necro
I also considered voting Tchill.

I am now caught up.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 275, CloudKicker wrote:And for anyone who trash talked my list, scum doesnt make up a list of 7 names, 6 being town leans on page 10, its way too much investissement to have to back up all those reads while only outing a single s lean
I'd like to know the reasoning/see the investment.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:13 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Saying you're town because mafia wouldn't do x doesn't make sense unless you do x.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Daykills are allowed in normals?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:47 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 298, Tchill13 wrote:Well maybe we got scum day 1. Feels like it at this point.
This sounds off if it's talking about the daykill like I think it is.
In post 373, Robbnva wrote:yeah, I just don't see what the point of faking a day kill was. It causes unnecessary confusion.

jord or cloud are where I will probably vote but I want to calm down and enjoy my trip and come back with fresh eyes. People say I tunnel too much so let me step back
Nobody seemed to take it seriously enough to justify describing it as overly confusing.

@Fykus, Necro, Cloud, Ignition, and Lovelife: Can you answer the stuff I asked you? Necro especially since ignoring me after voting.

@Sofiel: Most of the posts happened while I was asleep, which is why I mentioned timezones. Some happened while I was awake, but I was busy.

Vote Tchill13

Will move back to Necro if not responded to.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:55 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Fykus: you used the phrase quicklynch and I asked you to clarify what you meant since nobody said quicklynch.
@Necro: The 3 times I mentioned you (with questions in 2 cases) were the things I wanted responses to.
I like Necro more now though. I can follow the thought process in 420, and agree with parts of it- the points on ignition I didn’t notice.

If he's town he's hurting town right now and we shouldn't stand for that. If he's scum then I'm willing to work with him, for now, to lynch his scum self.
In post 427, Tchill13 wrote:I'm down with a jordarrian or cloud kicker lynch. I'd have to be convinced to lynch a different slot. Neither of those slots have been pro town in any way.
66 is the only time I could see Tchill mention Joardarrian. Only mentioned again after Necro posting a scumread there seems off. On a related note, I don't get a sense of read progression from Tchill generally.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Blueblood also on Jord overly strongly there. I’ve seen much worse early game play from town. I don’t see how the behaviour is worse than other bad earlier game posting (unless there’s meta I missed maybe?)
Going back after noticing the votecount, and I don’t like from Lovelife either. It’s a case based on totally non-alignment indicative stuff. People do silly stuff in RVS sometimes. That still being Lovelife’s most serious vote seems odd given Jord’s very low activity after that point (followed by replacing out, which explains the low activity).
470 from Tchill- I don’t see why he’s switching his vote here instead of before. His cloud vote seemed to be more significant given he devoted more time to explaining it, and tchill doesn’t say anything about PK post replace in.

I don’t like this wagon because the formation is really off. Tchill is still my top mafia read.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@BBT: What are your thoughts on my thoughts on the Piss wagon? I don’t see why you didn’t respond to them since from your perspective either I’m a partner, or you might be able to change my mind. Plus, since we haven’t really interacted and you seem ready for night.
@Pisskop: I initially slightly scumread Tchill for the ‘hurting town’ stuff which was such a bullshit overstatement. Now I scumread him more for the wagon interaction.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Thoughts given here. Formation seems unnatural, several scummy people on it/scummy in part based on interactions with it.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 582, CloudKicker wrote:Then why me over them, dont you think that also no indication that im town also means no better indication that im scum
In post 583, Fykus wrote:Are you just busy irl or something teech or are you trying a new way of playing?

VOTE: cloud
Why did you switch back to cloud after 582, and Tchill voting cloud?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Will go through suspicions on Tchill after catching up.
In post 607, Fykus wrote:
In post 604, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 582, CloudKicker wrote:Then why me over them, dont you think that also no indication that im town also means no better indication that im scum
In post 583, Fykus wrote:Are you just busy irl or something teech or are you trying a new way of playing?

VOTE: cloud

Why did you switch back to cloud after 582, and Tchill voting cloud?

The whole interaction cloud had right before my vote was really unsettling and youll see i asked tchill a question not long after i voted him. I figured i should give him time to answer so i switched my vote. His answer is satisfactory for the moment so ill wait and see if he backs it up with actions.
I'd have expected you to keep your vote on him while asking the question.
In post 626, Robbnva wrote:
In post 623, pisskop wrote:Beetlejuice traditionally implies the sudden presence of an active lurker when mentioned by name.

And, by extension, the sudden presence and farce participation, of a lurking scumbag
In my experience it's when you suddenly appear after somebody has mentioned your name. Before my weekend trip I don't remember tchill being a lurker so I don't even think your definition would apply either.

Your predecessor was a lurker though
The second comment here doesn't really match the first. Piss said Tchill lurked until challenged. Robb seems to read it as just 'Tchill lurked' given he brings up the predecessor lurking. I'd like to know how you got this reading of it.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:47 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 655, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I've said all I can say - no point repeating it.

I can assure you though that I won't stop trying to get you lynched the entire game as long as I'm alive.
Is your case still based almost fully on a newbie's RVS play? It seems excessively strong.

In post 682, Tchill13 wrote:Just to be clear nobody thinks a wagon on fykus is a good idea? I'm not crazy about how he took his vote off me then immediately voted someone else. That seemed a little odd. I'd also like to know how I'm scummier than cloud kicker at the moment.
You mention this (Fykus' play) without referencing the explination Fykus gave for it. Did you miss it, ignore it, or not buy it (and if so why?) I'm not sure why you'd not mention it without missing it, and missing it seems unlikely given he's a scumread of yours.

Also you put PK and Cloud as your two biggest scumreads shortly later. I don't see why you'd be interested in a new wagon when the two biggest wagons are your top two scumreads.
In post 706, Tchill13 wrote:Pisskop what are your other scum reads? Why push me in particular instead of fykus or cloud kicker or even havo? That's what I'm scratching my head about.
This just sounds like 'why are you voting me' disguised as a less explicit question.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The above point about Tchill wanting a wagon on Fykus is less relevant than I thought after seeing Cloud only had 2 votes on the next page’s votecount. Still stands somewhat given PK is/was the top vote though.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 728, Fykus wrote:I dont want to put my vote on somebody that I think will flip town. For a slot that was almost universally scum read pk has done a pretty decent job of getting alot of content out there in the short time that hes been here. I cant pinpoint exactly what it is about him but I've got a pretty big inkling that hes going to flip town if we lynch him.

Cloud on the other hand is one of the most frustrating people I've ever tried to play with. One minute hes acting like he doesnt give 2 shits about the game, then the next hes posting some pretty decent content and flips my read on him upside down. It could just be that I hes posting reads/thoughts that I agree with and that makes me unsure of him, but god damn. I feel like if he just put in a little effort he'd be a massive asset to town.
These two posts from the last page specifically:
In post 720, CloudKicker wrote:i think bbt/tchill are good candidates
Havo should be pushed further
i think fykus has good lines but bad play overall, i think hes probably town whos wrong and scummy
In post 721, CloudKicker wrote:Ignition's vote timing is also so fucking ridiculously scummy for some reasons
For now I'm going to leave my vote here, only because I don't have a stronger read to put it on.

Teech, I'm willing to give you until tomorrow to convince me that you're town, but your lurking (compared to your usual play style of posting a fair bit) is starting to worry me. You said that you WERE busy which implies that you're not anymore, but you're still not posting anymore than before when you presumably were busy.

Piss, teech and cloud I'd like to hear a bit more about your reads if at all possible.
Low effort isn't scum. Could you go over your Cloud read more?
In post 733, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Sweet.

1 more vote.
Why do you not seem to want a claim.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Nobody on the Piss wagon ever addressed my points about Piss/problems with the wagon.
In post 882, pisskop wrote:heyhey

6 of 7.

Loverman and rob, and maybe havo and catman

let us be talking about a real wagon with a goodfeel vibe to it.
Who is the 7th?
In post 892, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hopkirk, are you town reading the PK slot?
Still yes.

The Pisskop wagon is now heavily stalled without anyone on it giving a legitimate effort to make a case and get the last vote. That is more good evidence for it being a bad wagon.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:08 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 894, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:At the very least force a claim.
This is funny timing given my post 2 minutes beforehand. Funny funny, not scummy funny I mean since someone else came onto the scene.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Most early game stuff is low effot one liners. Here is the first thing I didn't like- the hurting town rhetoric is too hard.

Scumreads Jord/Piss

In post 287, Tchill13 wrote:Yeah. Pretty sure your dead bro.
I don't see why he'd believe in a daykill, but eh. Could just be because I've seen 3-4 fake daykills and no real ones on MS.
In post 384, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 374, Havo wrote:At first I thought Cloud just wanted to rack up votes so he could claim a PR and tell everyone to back off him.
(Well actually at first I thought he was drunk)
Then I thought maybe he is a fool or a Jester. Or a bomb and just wants out.
So I un voted and thought I'd give it some time.
But how is his actions good for or helping town?
Why would you draw that kind of attention to your self?
I can see where the fake daykill is coming from. I don't really have another scum read other than cloud at the moment. Hard for me to believe scum would stick their neck out like that on day 1.
Only scumreads Cloud.

In post 427, Tchill13 wrote:I'm down with a jordarrian or cloud kicker lynch. I'd have to be convinced to lynch a different slot. Neither of those slots have been pro town in any way.
Scumreads Cloud and Jord again.

I don't see at all how the Jord read has developed. Mentioned stuff here earlier too.
In post 470, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 460, lovelife wrote:My read on Pisskop's slot is still mafia and I don't plan on changing my vote anytime soon.
VOTE: Pisskop

I agree.

Solid scumread on Piss.

Does not interact with Piss past replacement, scumreads Piss solidly, a step up from Jord not doing anything town. Seems to have an increase in certaintly without explination. Also Piss is attack Tchill for context.

I excluded the stuff I quoted recently, but it adds to my suspicons. Most central point is unnatural read development, especially in regard to the Pisskip slot.
His focus is also always on primary wagons. Doesn't try comparitavely to sort others.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 926, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm never getting lynched once we see your flip.

Silly.
Who do you think are PK's partners right now?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 937, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why is that even important?

That's a super bad question at this point in the game.
Because there's a pretty significant group of us townreading him that you haven't really acknowledged or discussed. Given you scumread Pisskop so heavily I'd have thought you'd say more about it.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 887, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 682, Tchill13 wrote:Just to be clear nobody thinks a wagon on fykus is a good idea? I'm not crazy about how he took his vote off me then immediately voted someone else. That seemed a little odd. I'd also like to know how I'm scummier than cloud kicker at the moment.
You mention this (Fykus' play) without referencing the explination Fykus gave for it. Did you miss it, ignore it, or not buy it (and if so why?) I'm not sure why you'd not mention it without missing it, and missing it seems unlikely given he's a scumread of yours.

Also you put PK and Cloud as your two biggest scumreads shortly later. I don't see why you'd be interested in a new wagon when the two biggest wagons are your top two scumreads.
In post 706, Tchill13 wrote:Pisskop what are your other scum reads? Why push me in particular instead of fykus or cloud kicker or even havo? That's what I'm scratching my head about.
This just sounds like 'why are you voting me' disguised as a less explicit question.
Might as well repost this part to keep my points on one page, and since Tchill revoved Fykus right afterwards without acknowledging my question.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Does PK explicitly say it was a fakeclaim? Not sure if I missed a line, or just speculation.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 954, Virtuoso wrote:Not until you claim for real
What case would actually change your mind here?
It sounds like you'd lynch him if he claimed a different PR, maintained the doctor claim, or claimed VT.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:10 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 943, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Nah, that seems a silly thing to do right now.

You lynch one scum at a time. You really should know that, I shouldn't even have to say it.
Having multiple scumreads at any given time seems normal and sensible.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 971, Robbnva wrote:I have flashbacks from all these games where I mislynch people and everyone telling me "why would he do that if he were scum?"

But then I think of boonskiies, RC, and others who do those things as scum.

Let me do my reread before I vote seriously

UNVOTE:
How were you not voting 'seriously'.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:29 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 945, Robbnva wrote:
In post 939, Backhand wrote:Hopkirks case on Tchill is strong and the stubborn townies on PK should take a hard look at it.
after we lynch pk, I will look at tchill and this case.
Can I get your thoughts here then.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Pisskop could have been killed by a vigilante.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:53 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Fykus: : I don’t get the Virtuso read here. Unless I’m reading wrong, it sounds like you’re saying a town read + neutral stuff makes scum, or even less town. What were you thinking here?
from Ignition: Feels overly cautious. The decision to rethink on Piss comes when the wagon momentum is losing track, so the unvote is oddly timed- as the caution is becoming less necessary.
In post 1055, Game Replacement wrote:VOTE: Chilly

Tomorrow we Lynch BUT. Trust me on this.
I don't get why you were thinking BBT would vote his partner at this point.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:02 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1064, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK, so both leading wagons were on town.

That means scum are either a) manipulating the town very well or b) sitting back quietly.

I'm gonna go with b. I need to look over things from yesterday but Virtuoso being killed is a strange one for me. PK not so much.
Why did PK getting killed make sense to you? I'd have thought he'd be an easy lynch for the mafia today.
In post 1065, IgnitionUSMC wrote:Also out of the 7 that voted for TChill
Tchill13 (7/7): Hopkirk, pisskop, Backhand, CloudKicker, Fykus, BlueBloodedToffee, Game Replacement
Obviously PK was town. Leaving us with 6 more. At least 1 of the 6 has to be scum.
Looking at the ISOs
* Hop is generally interested in finding out why people were voting a certain way.
* Game was trying to get ppl to actually explain their PK votes
* CK started scummy and then started playing more town like.
* Backhand was also interested in finding out the truth, though the only one he consistently read as town was "lovelife"

* Fykus was already iffy
* I think we can all agree on BBT's overconfidence and trying to push wagons to hammer
I don't see BBT having much reason to switch, especially given the attention it draws- though this is wifomy of course. I liked the switch because he seemed to be reevaluating somewhat. Same on Robb.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:06 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1078, Backhand wrote:Onward and upward!

Feeling fykus/ignition/???????? (Game Replacement maybe) right now.
This is what I was considering.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:07 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1084, Backhand wrote:
In post 1082, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1078, Backhand wrote:Onward and upward!

Feeling fykus/ignition/???????? (Game Replacement maybe) right now.
This is what I was considering.
Ignition hopping on makes me feel a little worse about the theory.
Ignition voting Fykus makes sense with town or scum Ignition. He's already explained a scumread there, which makes sense if town, and if scum then it's pretty regular bussing. The switch also came after you suggested them as a team. Iginition's role and hence, vote, doesn't change my thoughts.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Easiest way to track votes that I know of is through the ISO function.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1044, Havo wrote:
In post 1042, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:We have to end D1 to avoid the game stalling and a random flash wagon happening at the last minute which is more likely than not going to land on town.

We have 42 pages of information and we've had numerous wagons. End the day and hammer TChill please.
What is your problem with letting people claim?

WTF wouldn't you let him claim???

What is he's a town PR??

You're playing reckless as hell.
In post 1113, Havo wrote:No excuse for BBTs play. Putting Fykus at L-1 after the way he played on day 1.
The first post is the only attack I could see from you on BBT's play, and was followed with posts not mentioning it. 1113 is at odds with this as you sound there as though you have a massive problem with it, yet haven't said much about BBT- which I'd expect to be the first thing you'd do.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1159 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:24 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1136, IgnitionUSMC wrote:Virt soft claimed vig and said he was going to shoot fykus, but maybe he shot PK instead and then was mafia killed. : / If he was our vig, that hurts
In post 1138, Backhand wrote:
In post 1059, iDanyboy wrote:Virtuoso was found dead he was a
Spoiler:
Vanilla Townie

pisskop was found dead he was a
Spoiler:
Vanilla Townie

Public announcement: Moderator posts contain valuable information, like "is there an SK" or "was Virtuoso a vig" :P

Ignition, I agree with your current position on fykus exactly--I might be willing to come back to him, but want to hear from him and GR first.
This might be a scumslip. If Ignition didn't know Virtuoso was a vig then why does he know Virtuoso was town?
I'm not 100% confident here though, because mafia would check for stuff like power roles, traitors, and serial killers in the dead.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

I don't see the value of a vig claim.

The BBT wagon right now consists of (only) the four people I find most scummy. I do not like this wagon.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:43 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

@Lovelife:
My read on Fykus is mainly tone based. One specific I don’t like is his approach to some wagons:
: Poor justification for Tchill vote.
: Removes vote on Piss because of stalled wagon. Beyond asking one question, doesn’t really try and sort Piss any further. Makes me question the legitimacy of the read development/how concerned Fykus actually was on sorting Piss.
: Poor justification for Cloud vote.
: all (or most, with some being one step away) reasons used to justify his vote here were mentioned in 728, yet he said he didn’t have a better place to vote than on Cloud. He did say he was giving Tchill another day, but I don’t see what point there would have been not to vote Tchill in 728 given the reasoning was all there, and a vote is inherently pressuring.
General trend of the above is sticking to bigger wagons with below average justifications. Not convinced that reads are being developed naturally.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (isolation #42) » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

V/la until late Monday.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

@Fykus: unvote now please.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1250 (isolation #44) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:32 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

This is probably mylo. For that reason, I’d suggest unvoting claimed PRs if you’re town Fykus.
Scumreads are Fykus and GR for reasons, and Lovelife by POE.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:51 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

Are we massclaiming?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1272 (isolation #46) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:01 am

Post by Hopkirk »

One-shot BP.
I assume I still have it.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (isolation #47) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:08 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Lol.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1300 (isolation #48) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:44 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1276, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1275, Hopkirk wrote:Lol.
1-Shot BP could easily be a scum fake claim

Fuck.
No worse than a VT claim. Given everyone knows lots of scum claim 1sBP, if i was a scum 1sBP there would be nothing stopping me just claiming VT.
In post 1280, Game Replacement wrote:First of all its LyLo not MyLo. Stop being bad.
Secondly, I'm VT and we only lynch in the VT claims.

That's me, Love and Cloud.
Why?
In post 1290, Fykus wrote:im going to bed.
gonna say that scum is definitely cloud rob and kirk. lets lynch rob, vig kirk and then lynch ill gs cloud tonight for a lynch tomorrow.
This isn't even an attempt at consistency. Why would you shoot the claimed 1sBP instead of lynching me? Clearly because you think Robb would be an easier lynch given BBT voted him once already.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (isolation #49) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:15 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1302, Game Replacement wrote:
In post 1300, Hopkirk wrote:Why?
Why are you being bad? Or why in the VTs?
Because this is where I disbelieve the most.

Given that there's Scum in you/Robb suggests that whoever, if not both are most likely actually PRs. Meaning that the Goon(s) on yourside will be claiming VT.
Given that BBT can't be Scum, and Fykus is never being Scum and claiming gunsmith while town don't have a CC (given that Love hasn't claimed).

The problem is, right now your role can be either and I'm not setting it on town/Scum as it depends who the mod intended to favour with your role, Scum or town.
So imo we have to judge you on your play rather than your claim. While in the VTs, we can judge it by roles and logic.
Unless I'm missing something obvious, there's no way to prove or disprove fykus's claim. He also knows it's plausible with a vig in the game. It's as plausible as a VT claim.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (isolation #50) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:57 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Confident on this anyway but ok.
UNVOTE: Fykus's
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1349 (isolation #51) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:08 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1346, Game Replacement wrote:
In post 1345, Fykus wrote:You really think a gs, vig, joat and neighborizer could all exist in this game?
Of course.
JOAT has no investigation options, so Gunsmith is cleared, JOAT is dead, cleared. Vig is proven, and said that there is only 1 faction to beat, cleared.
neighborizer isn't there as a balance role, and never will be. I've seen a few of Robb's games, and I believe his way of thinking would be to sort a player rather than to mason with a player. He also seemed unaware that there's not day talk for PTs in the game.
Unless 1 of his partners is an Encryptor and he just assumed that day talk is just gucci which I highly doubt considering the wording from mod, Robb isn't flipping scum here.

Leaving Hopkirk/Love/Cloud

2 goons and 1 PR.
This is based on the assumption that every game has an investigative role, which is false.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1357 (isolation #52) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:09 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Danny: I unvoted.
Fixed

@GR: Stop pretending you don't know scum claim investigative roles. Obviously a real one would be a threat at lylo, so he likely claimed assuming he'd be conflicting with another investigative role, and is now pretty happy having found out there isn't one.
Last edited by iDanyboy on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1390 (isolation #53) » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:17 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1387, Game Replacement wrote:
In post 1385, CloudKicker wrote:
In post 1384, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:We should really wait for love.
Town is voted, nothing i can do about it
Says that Fykus is town. Votes him
This isn't flipping town.
Unless you've never played Lylo before it's really obvious cloud is talking about himself being town. 1 town vote on town in Lylo means Mafia win.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1399 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:38 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1391, Game Replacement wrote:
In post 1390, Hopkirk wrote:Unless you've never played Lylo before it's really obvious cloud is talking about himself being town. 1 town vote on town in Lylo means Mafia win.

And the person voting Cloud is Fykus.
So the only way he can have worry there with Fykus voting him is if Fykus is town.

Nice to see you come to Cloud's aid though.
Nice to see you come to fykus's aid again.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (isolation #55) » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

UNVOTE: Fykus
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1607 (isolation #56) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:09 am

Post by Hopkirk »

VOTE: Cloud
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (isolation #57) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:15 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I think it's a hammer?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1618 (isolation #58) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Hopkirk »

That was going well until we almost got POE'd to death.
If Robb had gone offline (which I can't see) rather than just away we probably would have lost.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1630 (isolation #59) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Hopkirk »

For anyone who didn't see: Robb had two posts intended for a different game that got deleted. I voted Cloud several minutes after one of those, not randomly.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1635 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1631, Robbnva wrote:
In post 1626, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:nobody questioned Hopkirk's claim, everyone believed he was BP.
I thought he was town BP lol
Who did you think was traitor, GR?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1645 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:47 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I like how everyone thought I was scum except my partner.
Wouldn't both the town and a sk want me lynched there?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1649 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:57 am

Post by Hopkirk »

, mentioned traitor here hoping it would be spotted.
In post 1648, CloudKicker wrote:
In post 1645, Hopkirk wrote:I like how everyone thought I was scum except my partner.
Wouldn't both the town and a sk want me lynched there?
Sk yes because bp, hence why i wanted Rob because i assumed sk and not traitor was in the game
If I was regular BP mafia and BBT was a sk then at 4 he couldn't win, while at 4 with Robb he doesn't autolose.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1655 (isolation #63) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I like how Robb never posted in his neighbourhood.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1686 (isolation #64) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:26 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1674, Game Replacement wrote:
In post 1635, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1631, Robbnva wrote:
In post 1626, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:nobody questioned Hopkirk's claim, everyone believed he was BP.
I thought he was town BP lol
Who did you think was traitor, GR?
You. I thought you were BP traitor as that's pretty common.
I was asking Robb this, and predicting he thought you were the traitor.

Would you have still thought I was mafia/traitor if I'd claimed VT there?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1687 (isolation #65) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:28 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

Though I thought my partners knew the traitor was 1sBP.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”