Who is very good at ascension and can coach me?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:52 am

Post by Vi »

Define "Ascension". I suspect you're not talking about the deck-building game but it's the most likely suspect based on a cursory look at Wikipedia.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:58 am

Post by Vi »

I typed a pretty long response up but post 2 is stupidly ambiguous and I got really pissed off about how I put so much more effort into this thread than Shea did

so assuming this is a troll thread it was a success ggwp
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:43 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1, Vi wrote:Define "Ascension". I suspect you're not talking about the deck-building game but it's the most likely suspect based on a cursory look at Wikipedia.
How is this a yes or no question? I read your response as "it's indeed not that stupid card game, asshole, now let's see if someone else is here who knows what I'm talking about".

Grab whatever lets you draw more cards. Grab anything better than Arha Templar that lets you grab cards without paying for them. Get something that banishes cards early (and then throw your Militia out the window) but don't overdo it. If you can buy things but nothing on the board looks good, get a Mystic instead. Mystics are worth extra buying power in a game where expensive stuff is way better than the other stuff. Mechana chains into itself if you're into that. Even if you're not, Mechana constructs are good lategame points cows. Always be on top of anything that could be construed as first-mover advantage (e.g. not taking mediocre cards from the center).
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:00 am

Post by Vi »

The All-Seeing Eye is a 6-cost Mechana Construct that basically says "draw a card". Every turn. Make sure that doesn't go into your opponent's deck.

The one thing about Mechana snowballs is that the deck is really big, so there's no guarantee you'll actually see a lot of Mechana cards.

Return to “The Arcade”