Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:55 am

Post by Shadoweh »

The prologue gave me Evolve Man. I'm so happy that Quest Rogue is super dead so I can actually play Shaman again.
I stopped playing for basically the entire Ungoro expansion and now I'm having fun throwing garbage onto the board over and over.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

time warp + sorcerer's apprentice + every "copy a minion" you have + archmage antonidas is the worst
whew!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4301, pirate mollie wrote:time warp + sorcerer's apprentice + every "copy a minion" you have + archmage antonidas is the worst
Exodia Mage lmao
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Exodia Mage is the new Quest Rogue. It's a deck that doesn't actually have that good a win rate, but because it has a high skill floor, it'll get spammed on ladder and be really annoying to play against.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by PJ. »

It seems to beat jade. Which is frustrating
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

this is just my dumb opinion, but Wild Control v. Control is fundamentally different from what it used to be

When the mainstays of Control were Reno, N'Zoth, Kazakus, you built up to giant swing turns. Other staples like Deathlord and Dirty Rat become incredible when they took out one of those turns. Entomb and Duplicate were important, because thats how you gained the power advantage before the fatigue.

Now, (keeping in mind the meta hasn't really solidified), control decks have heroes, where once they play a card or two, they get a large bonus for the rest of the game. I haven't encountered careful fatigue play at all, because unlike Jaraxxus, you don't think about when you play them because they give you sustain AND long term power. There's no back and forth, just decks losing the value game and slowly getting rolled over.

An example in extremis: if you're not already ahead as a control deck by the time Taunt Warrior completes the quest, you just lose. It just doesn't feel like there's anything you can do if you fall behind in a control game now. Maybe I just haven't adapted to the new meta, but I'm not having fun.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:43 am

Post by DeathNote »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPguoeYTvMI

Blizzard is so good at promoting their stuff. Well done dudes.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Postie »

Idk I thought it was pretty cringe.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:15 am

Post by DeathNote »

Loved it. I also just love how emotional and touching all the stuff can be with Blizzard like the Mei thing. I'm all about the cheese.

I can't beat the Lich King. I tried looking up lists to help me but they all include cards I just don't have. Might not be possible to beat him budget wise without some crazy good draws.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:40 am

Post by DeathNote »

Fuck this gammmmeeeeee

last three arenas I can't get more then 2 wins despite having at minimum one legendary. I have NO idea what I'm doing wrong or how much of it is just pure RNG.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:44 am

Post by PJ. »

Black knight
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I beat the Lich King first try with standard Jade Druid. Maybe that deck is overpowered...
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:21 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 4308, DeathNote wrote:Loved it. I also just love how emotional and touching all the stuff can be with Blizzard like the Mei thing. I'm all about the cheese.

I can't beat the Lich King. I tried looking up lists to help me but they all include cards I just don't have. Might not be possible to beat him budget wise without some crazy good draws.
For just the pack i suggest doing a variant of Jade Druid to try and get the pack.

Otherwise i do agree that it's basically impossible to actually do it without some very niche decks.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:37 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Jade Druid is good enough to win fairly easily; Evolve Shaman can do it, too. And Murloc Aggro for any class that's not Hunter, Warlock, or Druid can overrun him before he gets Frostmorne. But, yeah, beating him "properly" basically requires a deck specially built for the purpose. Took me forever to do it with Hunter, since you can't cheese him with Murlocs and you can't really clear his board post Frostmorne very well.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:04 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

trick for hunter is just 2x hyena and 2x flappy bird and hard mull for them. gotta win pre frostmourne but it can be done
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:13 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I basically won the Hunter matchup by getting Crackling Razormaw to put Windfury on a hyena, then playing as many spells that summon beasts as I could. Had to restart a dozen times to get it down in time to work, but it worked eventually.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:08 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

My main issue with the fights is how dependant on certain strategies they are.

Like sure it can be defeated, but a lot of the ways it can be defeated requires a specific strat with a lot of luck along side it.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:23 pm

Post by PJ. »

Only way I know how to beat warrior requires a deck that's like 10k dust which isn't an issue if you played Control warrior but it also requires kael'thazad. So....
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:01 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4317, PJ. wrote:Only way I know how to beat warrior requires a deck that's like 10k dust which isn't an issue if you played Control warrior but it also requires kael'thazad. So....

Patron warrior also works
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:39 am

Post by PJ. »

Which also needs cards from the old adventures that can't be bought anymore.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Post by PJ. »

Lol this tavern brawl is the worst, but I got my pack and challenge done in like 15 minutes.

Druid op. Draw spells buff spells attack spells and the charge boar otk. It's dumb but it's a free pack and free 60 if you have the challenge.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Gammagooey »

DeathNote wrote:Loved it. I also just love how emotional and touching all the stuff can be with Blizzard like the Mei thing. I'm all about the cheese.

I beat it with Priest after a lottt of tries and I'm not trying with any other class, priest doesn't have any turn 1 "lol im the lich king deal with this" bullshit because it could theoretically be stolen with mind vision otherwise (and I accidentally did that once), priest has the best board wipe for frostmourne (shadow word:horror, I'm pretty sure I could have beaten it in half the time if I actually had a second instead of playing with only one), so the only huge issue is playing around Obliterate and surviving until you can get one huge-health minion and inner fire it and then hopefully swing it into his face two turns straight to win.
Panzerjager wrote:Lol this tavern brawl is the worst, but I got my pack and challenge done in like 15 minutes.

Druid op. Draw spells buff spells attack spells and the charge boar otk. It's dumb but it's a free pack and free 60 if you have the challenge.
Yeah its pretty fast at least for the pack, I beat a spellpower mage with what I think was a pretty bad/mediocre low-cost rogue deck because he ran out of cards (it was like 80% quest rogue except without the quest since I dusted that once it got nerfed)
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 am

Post by DeathNote »

I want to bitch in game more :( I get more toxic in HS then any other game I have EVER played and I have no where to vent.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Personally i don't see the point of getting mad at Hearthstone, the balance stuff is so shitty that it's hard to get mad at anything but blizzard and their shitty decision to balance things 2 expansions behind.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 am

Post by DeathNote »

I just... can not... win... a SINGLE... game.......

fuck

Return to “The Arcade”