Normal 1934: Civilization Mafia Mafia (Endgame)

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

(tried to do a votecount and fumbled votes repeatedly. can't do this now. will do in morning when I wake up.)
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:38 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1222, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 818, Assemblerotws wrote:My play so far would have drawn a vigkill, I now realize. If TChill did not shoot me, I highly doubt his claim.
VOTE: TChill
Looking back to try to counter Drixx, my reason for suspecting this has changed. It is now: why didn't he try AT ALL to improve his play after this? I think it was just fake posturing and piling on to a mislynch. However, I don't think he would have noted this himself so possibly pointing to daytalk?
As for why not monkey, he claimed PR with an obvious progression of thought to it, and I also liked his earnest early desire for action.
Yeah umm... I already pointed this out as the lone post in the ISO that is weird. The problem is that he replaced out and I can't ask him to explain why he believed he had played poorly enough to draw a kill.

What you are calling "earnest desire for action" looks an awful lot like manipulative self preservation to me. And here you are
again
white knighting for him and he's not even likely to get lynched.

And finally ... what on earth does claiming a PR actually mean in this game? Why is that special and why does it mean he's town?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:47 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

MathBlade's #1199 wrote:And yes I did explain.
Your #1195 only explains why I'm scum from #1194 and half of your reasons are wrong assumptions. That doesn't explain your #1190 statement where you made an if-then statement about how Titus and I could be scum if nancy is town. So, no. You didn't explain it. At best, you're illogical. At worst, you're misleading the town into ganking me.

I'm not deflecting pressure away from Titus, so stop that narrative.
I'm not trying to convince you nancy is bad so stop that narrative.
I AM pushing someone in particular. Game Replacement. Go read before being obnoxious, obnoxious-man.

It seems as if you haven't even read completely and you're overconfident in pushing your scumreads. No matter. At least, you're hitting Titus and I'm okay with that. But your annoying presence creates a narrative that the only real choices are Titus and I which creates leave for Game Replacement. Possible Scum+Scum relationship there.
MathBlade's #1207 wrote:No. I don't think it was. And even if it was natural doesn't make him Town. This an attempt to humanize scum. Emotions and "natural" aren't the way to read people. Scum can be natural and Town can be weird. It's about assessing the belief behind the posts.
Look at this bullcrap. "Scum can be natural and Town can be weird." Sure, town can be weird. But scum being natural? Doesn't that go against their gimmick of lying and therefore be unnatural?
Dark Horse's #1208 wrote:Monkey's attack on nancy feels way too muhc like him following math's initial read and him trying to stir the pot between nancy and math. Lynch him already.
It's not stirring the pot. I was clearing that scumtell by asking nancy about it because last time I locked a town I got my ass handed by scum.
Drixx's #1209 wrote:I concur that Monkey looks super opportunistic sliding in there and trying to be subtle about directing the lynch.
Directing the lynch? Nowhere did I say to lynch nancy and I'll probably defend against it when Titus, Game Replacement, and Gamma is unturned.
Drixx's #1209 wrote:"sittingonthefencitis"
Another player who comes in without reading the game.
Drixx's #1209 wrote:I really don't like how hard it was to move a wagon on humaneatingmonkey, especially in a game where there was already a no lynch and the deadline is so close.
Maybe after reading you'll learn that it's NOT hard to move a wagon on me. I'm ML bait after my inactivity streak. Titus wagon doesn't move "fast" either. A lot of people voting now wanted to vote this guy for a long time, even yesterday. And a lot of people in that wagon is D3 confirmable and an obvtown so I don't know why you would think that it's a scum effort. That's because maybe you are scum.
Drixx's #1218 wrote:I can't believe NOBODY else thinks there is something wrong here.
Well, there's you. And there's people who have not said jack shit. That counts as dissent.
MathBlade's #1220 wrote:If I die tonight serve my revenge cold on monkey.
Look at MathBlade having an out of place assumption that he'll die tonight when there are a lot of claimed PRs. lmao
Drixx's #1221 wrote:I mean... I think I made a pretty compelling case that there's literally NO reason to lynch Titus and in fact if I had to give a read on the slot I'd say it's slightly town because of the early posts which were on point and don't appear to be scum narrative bullshit.
Not compelling at all seeing as how you didn't even spend an effort to deconstruct half of the cases against him.
Drixx's #1226 wrote:What you are calling "earnest desire for action" looks an awful lot like manipulative self preservation to me.
No shit. I obviously don't want to get lynched. I can say that I have an earnest desire to not get lynched as much as an earnest desire to understand the gamestate and pinpoint who the scum is.

What are these wrong assumptions and misrepresentations surrounding my statements? There is obviously a scum effort to lynch me today or set up my lynch. I'm not gonna stand by while that happens. I'm not gonna be an easy mislynch so scum's gotta have to kill me tonight if they want me out of the game.

I think the fast narrative MathBlade's pushed that it's either Titus or I limited the pool for lynch when there are better lynch candidates like Game Replacement. However, I'm not gonna be narcissistic and say I didn't have it coming. I believe now it's either Titus or me and it's 12 hours before deadline so I'm definitely not gonna wait and see if the tide turns on me within 12 hours so VOTE: Titus. Sorry not sorry.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:06 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1227, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I think the fast narrative MathBlade's pushed that it's either Titus or I limited the pool for lynch when there are better lynch candidates like Game Replacement. However, I'm not gonna be narcissistic and say I didn't have it coming.
I believe now it's either Titus or me and it's 12 hours before deadline so I'm definitely not gonna wait and see if the tide turns on me within 12 hours
so VOTE: Titus. Sorry not sorry.
The bolded is fucking disgusting. Pure scum and the kind of play that makes people #WOTC people. If I give you the benefit of (a huge fucking amount of) the doubt and assume you are town and your reasoning is something like "worst case it's a mislynch either way", it's still absurdly disgusting. It's a game where you should assume everyone has a role, and in order to delay your death you literally just killed someone before they had any chance to claim.

On top of you literally claiming that your move is to ensure your survival, hammering without letting the player show up and claim is basically always a scum claim. You eat rope tomorrow.

And since you seem to have a cognitive deficiency: Silence is not dissent. It's silence. You don't get to just assign motive and position to other people at your convenience.

And finally, I don't give a flying fuck about what people said without votes. Titus went from 1 vote to L-1 in FIFTY THREE MINUTES, real time. That's absurdly fast.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:16 am

"cognitive deficiency"
lmao just call me dumb instead of mincing with academic words

"Silence is not dissent. It's silence. You don't get to just assign motive and position to other people at your convenience. "
It's more likely that scum with a partner about to be lynched to be silent than to be defending. Silence can amount to dissent if you're looking for it.

"hammering without letting the player show up and claim is basically always a scum claim"
With the jailkeeper out, I'm 100% sure my role is more important than Titus so I'm not gonna risk a mislynch.

If you're gonna exclude me out of your games for that, I'm sorry for making you feel that way. But it's the smartest move I can think of in my situation.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:19 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Even though I think titus is gonna flip town I don't think how wuick the wagon formed was paricularily scummy. Nobody wants a repeat of esterday
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:38 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Like seriously anyone who read the end of yesterday would kniw how badly things can turn out if we wait too long. I think drixx is just trying to raise suspicions of the people on tge wagon
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

So Gamma , DarkHorse...

Please continue scum claiming by defending Monkey.

That hammer by Monkey was horrible.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1229, humaneatingmonkey wrote:"cognitive deficiency"
lmao just call me dumb instead of mincing with academic words

"Silence is not dissent. It's silence. You don't get to just assign motive and position to other people at your convenience. "
It's more likely that scum with a partner about to be lynched to be silent than to be defending. Silence can amount to dissent if you're looking for it.

"hammering without letting the player show up and claim is basically always a scum claim"
With the jailkeeper out, I'm 100% sure my role is more important than Titus so I'm not gonna risk a mislynch.

If you're gonna exclude me out of your games for that, I'm sorry for making you feel that way. But it's the smartest move I can think of in my situation.
If anything you'd risk a no lynch.

I am nauseous as fuck but scums be found yo.

Drixx <3

Monkey is obvScum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 am

Post by Dark Horse »

In post 1232, MathBlade wrote:So Gamma , DarkHorse...

Please continue scum claiming by defending Monkey.

That hammer by Monkey was horrible.
Since when have I been defending monkey?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:17 am

hammur?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:00 am

Not quoting anything specifically because I'd rather not dredge up memories, but the Titus/Mathblade conflict was so obviously town that it was shocking that people scumread it. How far did they really think that the Titus siblings would go to towntell over something like that?

Civilization Mafia Mafia:

Votecount 2.50:

Titus (6): Gamma Emerald, nancy, Ginngie, Tchill13, Mathblade, humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey (3): Dark Horse, Grendel, Drixx
Tchill13 (2): massive, Game Replacement
Mathblade (0):
Game Replacement (0):
nancy (0):
Drixx (0):
Grendel (0):
massive (0):
Gamma Emerald (0):
Ginngie (0):
Dark Horse (0):

Not Voting: Titus

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

The deadline has once again been reset to just below 48 hours.
The day has begun and will end in (expired on 2017-09-01 23:00:00).

Spoiler: Remaining Posts:
Drixx: 50
Ginngie: 43
humaneatingmonkey: 35
Game Replacement: 61
Gamma Emerald: 9
Mathblade: 2
Grendel: 54
massive: 58
Dark Horse: 50
Titus: 71
nancy: 63
Tchill13: 35

No one went over! Yay!
Also, holy crap making votecounts takes so long with all the added baggage for the vote restriction thing.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:33 am

I made a mod error and posted the flip with only 6 votes.
I did delete it almost instantly but I cannot take the risk of someone having that information and pretending not to and compromising the integrity of the game.
As a result, I am going to play the game as if Titus was lynched. I apologize. This is the first time I have ever made a mod error of this degree.

Titus was lynched! She was a
Vanilla Townie
The night has begun and will end in (expired on 2017-09-03 23:00:00).
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:56 pm

Too tired to stay up till midnight. Game start will be when I wake up.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:32 pm

humaneatingmonkey has died! He was a
Novice Cop
Tchill13 has died! He was a
Vigilante

Day 3 has begun!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:22 pm

So, since I'm regrettably still not fully read up (but getting there) - I understand the basics of the case against my predecessor to be that the D1 wagon flashed away from him, and then he lay low D2 and 3. (feel free to correct me and go into more detail on amything I've missed or omitted) I can't defend his posting or lack thereof any more than I could defend any other players, but I find the that Yuri's wagon dissolving must be as a result of hypothetical scumbuddies powering through an alternative to save him. Isn't there a certain amount of WIFOM of sorts involved in this assumption that this is a scum-for-scum interaction and not, say, a reasonably intelligent scum team laying the foundations for later days? (and for what it's worth, knowing myself to be town, I don't hold this against you Alisae - I think this was quite cleverly set up by scum and Yuri's inattention plus those breadcrumbs make sense to follow up as town.)
It's an interesting tendency in games in general that when people's desired lynches go through, they double down on scumreads and assume that the reason that their heavily scumread slot wasn't lynched was that scumbuddies were hard defending them. In Civilization, by never letting certain lynches go through I intended to maintain in many peoples' minds that the scumteams were specific sets of players, all of whom were wrong on at least one member but never had the opportunity to disprove their ideas. Unfortunately, this did not work out as my entire collective scumteam were unable to get Leonshade lynched, causing a Kidamn lynch to go through. While it was town and obviously a reasonably okay lynch, it hurt scum wincon badly because it weakened my credibility, shut down a lot of scumteam assumptions that I was pushing, and generally made the process of PoEing a lot easier. I was really counting on Nero as the endgame lynch and Leon before then.

Civilization Mafia Mafia:

Votecount 3.50:

Mathblade (0):
Game Replacement (0):
nancy (0):
Drixx (0):
Grendel (0):
massive (0):
Gamma Emerald (0):
Ginngie (0):
Dark Horse (0):

Not Voting: Gamma Emerald, nancy, Ginngie, Mathblade, Dark Horse, Grendel, Drixx, massive, Game Replacement

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

The day has begun and will end in (expired on 2017-09-17 23:00:00).

Spoiler: Remaining Posts:
Drixx: 70
Ginngie: 70
Game Replacement: 70
Gamma Emerald: 59
Mathblade: 52
Grendel: 70
massive: 70
Dark Horse: 70
nancy: 70
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Kaaaaay. Good luck. <3 <3
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by Ginngie »

I know who targeted TChill last night. Here is the problem, there are two people. one is scum the other is a town power role.

dilemma time.

Now I will take a 1v1 town/mafia trade all day, but would like to avoid it if possible (technically 2, since I am outing myself too but whatever)

so, on your next post, claim if you targeted TChill. DO NOT TELL ME WHAT POWER YOU USED, just that you targeted him.

here is what is going to happen, scum is going to (probably) wait as long as they can to claim to see who the other player is. Also scum might just straight out lie (which is what I am hoping). If they do that, then we know for sure which one is scum and the other doesnt have to claim. Time to see who starts to lurk.

not going to post again until the two players claim or someone lies about targeting TChill.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

I didn't target TChill.

Moving heavy stuff for labor Day won't be on much.

Obviously my reads were fucked. Since Monkey was a novice cop going to look and see if he had any guilties or innocents.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

Derp nevermind novice.

VOTE: GameReplacement

Sheeping dead Town for now.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

Debating if Drixx or Nancy trying to pull my heartstrings too.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

Fuck autocorrect nancy* Sorry nancy
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:20 am

Post by Drixx »

I didn't target Tchill.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:30 am

Post by massive »

I didn't target Tchill.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 am

Post by Dark Horse »

I didn't target tchill.

Kinda busy now, will do more when I have the time

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”