Mauthe
Mauthe
Watcher
Mauthe
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #468 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Mauthe »

Hey, so I've been thinking about a large social game idea that started out as a weird Survivor knock-off but has steadily progressed (in my head, at least) to a beast of its own. Working title 'The Bureaucracy', it's a social game with no PMing, but rather players are sorted into several various groups that they can talk to each other in, with different sizes and overlapping members. Instead of challenges, each player will vote for a group to attend the TC-like ceremony, and the group(s) with the most votes will each go. And as a final main change, instead of the player with the most votes at each TC(ish thing) being eliminated when the votes are counted, instead the votes all pile up over time. The running tally is kept public and after a few rounds a number of players with the most votes at that time are eliminated. Then a reshuffling is done, placing players in new groups with new overlaps, and the game continues in its smaller size. Fewer groups of smaller sizes until we get to the last several players. I'm not certain of the endgame scenario yet.
So yeah, looking for people who are interested in refining, designing and running this. Or feedback like this is a bad idea and here's why, you dummy.
I know that there's red tape to me running the game like needing comods with proper experience and such, and needing to be at least a little more established in the community. I'm totally gonna toe whatever line is needed to meet those requirements. Just wanted to make this post now because I'm excited to start talking about it now, and I can wait in whatever lines i need to wait in before I can mod.
Mauthe
Mauthe
Watcher
Mauthe
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #471 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:09 am

Post by Mauthe »

I suppose it's a mindset difference, but I would look at it like 'ok I'm in trouble, but now I have 2 or 3 rounds to fix it instead of just being blindsided'.
Mauthe
Mauthe
Watcher
Mauthe
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #503 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by Mauthe »

Jeremy and Joe were on TYATR.
EDIT: and Malcolm was on tB&tB.

Return to “Social Game Archive”